[DRP] Take What is Given (Preacher) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:33 pm
[[These drabbles are set before the Charter's destruction and change in magic. No reply is needed.]]  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:54 pm
[Nice to Tea You]

Preacher had remembered what Nasir had said about his tea always replenishing whenever he used it. So now, a tin of his loose leaf tea sat in her room. She stared at it as though it might bite her. She didn't know if this would work, but it was worth a try. The weird bullshit the creature had asked for was so non-specific. Maybe Nasir would never notice, or blame the missing tea on 'Lexis.

Regardless, she wasn't too worried about gathering things - she had sticky fingers and big pockets. Hopefully, it would be enough to satisfy. Or she could like... kick him in the hoof. Really hard. Preacher sighed and flopped on her bed to stare at the ceiling.  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:01 pm
[Do a Kickflip]

Her fingers were steady as she laid out each item in front of The Shifting. His yellowed eyes narrowed at her. The flowers - Shiloh's blood - the robot, the tea, the fur, the gauze. The flowers had been grabbed during their fight, then carefully preserved, dried and pressed. It was a wonder they hadn't disintegrated frailly.

"Brought yer s**t," she said. "Do tha thing."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:06 pm
[Hickory remains exempt]

Her fingers had almost hesitated. These were Chester's pet projects, little mechanical beings that he'd worked so hard on, that he'd heard the whispers of. But he reassembled them, remade them so often, surely he wouldn't miss just two. It wasn't like she was taking Hickory - that one was special and needed to stay intact. Preacher was absurdly fond of his odd gait. Hickory was the first and should be preserved.

But these two? These were hers now and she would hand them over in exchange for a measure of freedom.  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:10 pm
[Do a Kickflip]

"Little mink," he sighed out in his raspy, echoing voice. "Do you really think this is enough? Have you tried to see, to think? You... are better than this." The Shifting paused, opening its eyes more fully to stare at her.

"Aren't you?" Preacher felt her mouth set into a mullish line.

"Tell me what tha ******** ya want, then!"

It smiled, a baring of sharp teeth in a mouth belonging to an omnivore. It unsettled. "Listen well - I will tell you. I need something more... delicious." The Shifting exhaled and the hair on the back of her neck stood up. But Preacher stayed, and she listened. There was no other option.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:14 pm
[The man with the dragon tattoo]

"Hey... so." They were out eating lunch in the park near the police department again. It felt good to take her lunch away from her work space, though sometimes she worked through it. And Preacher knew her boss worked through his a lot, too. She glanced around - it was predominantly deserted, which worked just fine for her.

"Can I ask ya favor?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:09 pm
[the man with the dragon tattoo]

Jeremiah could appreciate moments of not eating in his office, especially of late. He was taking a drink of tea, an eyebrow raised at the 'hey so' and his head tilting at the mention of a favor.

"Of course. What is it?"

The 5emblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:38 am
[The man with the dragon tattoo]

"I heard ya got ice dragon scales or some s**t. Issat right?" Her eyes turned up to him thoughtfully.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:39 pm

That got another eyebrow raise, though at this point it was fairly common knowledge for anyone that knew about the assassination attempt. How there had been icy scales all over his body but mostly his torso that had stopped the bullet.

"When the need arises, yes." Then he paused, as if considering. "Though I suppose I should ask: do you mean the scales that appear for defense or the scarring down my back?"

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:15 am

"Uh," she said. "Do any of it pop off?" Preacher sighed.

"I need a bit o' physical magicalness from ya n' others. For a project. N' so I was askin' if I could have a scale thinger." There. She'd said it.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:41 pm

That had Jeremiah blinking a bit, not quite sure- "To be entirely frank, I've no idea."

Though part of him was a little uneasy with having someone have a bit of his power - even if it was simply scales - but it was Preacher and she was trusted.

"Do you want both or would one suffice?" He was willing.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:58 pm

"Both? Iffin we can pop 'em off without hurtin' n' s**t, y'know." She was kind of surprised that he'd acquiesced. Preacher shifted a little uneasily.

"I'd... owe ya. I dunno what... I got-" She tapped her pocket. "Like forty dollars on me?"

Azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:10 pm
[ the man with the dragon tattoo]

"Well, I likely will feel a tug but I don't think it will hurt me. I've never tried to take one off before, so that's what I guess will occur as I can't otherwise be harmed." Then he was giving her a look, a snort escaping a moment later. Mostly because he never wanted to trade in money.

"How about, at a later date, you talk with me about a sigils? There's something I want to do and you might be able to give me some insight that I otherwise would miss."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:40 pm
the man with the dragon tattoo

"It's a deal. Sigils're fine." And easy enough, though not so easy to explain to others. "I can, uh, give it back if it turns out I ain't need it. Though I gotta use it p soon."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:00 pm

"Well, if you've ... something to hold it in, I can give you at least one now. The other- well, maybe if you've got a knife on you?" There was a glint to his eye, amusement there. Mostly because he expected Preacher to have something on her.

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces