Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Catching Up (L'ex/Kratoth & R'gan/Basanuth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:18 pm
Teiha

The first few days after the hatching had been a blur. He felt like they had flown by without him really getting a chance to talk to anyone besides his bonded. Although they had (mostly!) all been candidates together, it would still be nice to get to know some of them better now, since they'd be relying on each other for the next turn.

On their way up to lunch after morning training, he spotted another weyrling walking a short distance away and headed over. "Hey, Le'x!" he called ahead, running a few steps to catch up. Le'x and brown Kratoth, he repeated to himself, practicing. Since Basanuth seemed to always wake up early, he'd been spending the extra time they had in the morning memorizing the names of all their classmates and their dragons, to get a head start on their lessons. V'mel aside, Basanuth was a bit of a slave-driver himself, and already he felt the pressure to keep up with the extremely driven blue. It didn't help that he could feel the dragon's patient disappointment every time he got something wrong, though that was more than made up for by the wash of joy he felt whenever Bas was proud of him. The combination made an extremely good motivator.

"Hey.. Did you find Karone okay? At the feast, I mean. You know Macuith was telling everyone he's your boyfriend." he said, with a slight awkward laugh. He didn't know if that was true or not, but even if it was, they might not want it being made public.

Bas, as usual, kept close to R'gan side as he moved over towards the other weyrling, giving small friendly trill towards the other brown. Good Afternoon, Kratoth. he greeted his brother pleasantly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:27 am
Nearly a sevenday had passed since the hatching, and to Le’x it felt like no more than a day. It seemed like he was in constant motion, caring for his dear Kratoth, training, chores, and then a break for sleep, which felt like mere seconds before it was time to get up and start all over again. They were on their way to lunch now, and he couldn’t even recall what he’d eaten that morning before lessons.

Kratoth paused as he looked over at another hatchling – a very dark blue, who was approaching with his rider. Good afternoon, Basanuth. What did you think of Aviroth’s lesson today?

Le’x nodded a greeting as the other boy fell into step beside him. “Yeah, we found him. I was really nervous about it. Y’know, because he was so set on Impressing and all.” He shrugged. “Kratoth sort of forced me to face him, and it turned out all right.” He went another few paces before what R’gan had said about Macuith really sank in. He froze for a second, but quickly regained his composure. Certain things were different here in the weyr, and though Le’x had only recently begun to notice girls as something special, the candidatemaster’s lessons had been thorough and he was now aware that some boys noticed other boys the same way. “He’s, er… we’re just friends. Cousins, actually.”

DruidTigeress

Teiha

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:06 pm
Teiha

"Ah.. Well, I'm glad it turned out." Honestly, he'd been a little worried if Karone even wanted to be found, but he was glad to hear they'd worked things out between them. He noticed L'ex tensing up slightly at his next sentence. "Yeah, I figured." he reassured him quickly. At least, nothing in the way he'd seen Lenix or Karone interact before implied they were anything more than just friends. Though you never knew. "Well, don't worry, I think most people assumed he was misunderstanding."

I enjoyed it. I wish it was longer. he answered quickly. They'd been working on their pair bonds- sending thoughts and images and the like. It was interesting, though he was already getting antsy for the next month when they would be able to start practicing real ground drills. It seemed like they could be doing more.. Surely it did not take their riders a full half candlemark just to eat lunch, and did they really need to sleep that much? I especially liked that last part. Me and Mine are going to practice that more this evening when he is finished with his work duties, if you would like to join us. the blue offered.

"Wait.. We are?" R'gan asked, suddenly catching parts of Basanuth's thoughts. In addition to demanding they were early for everything, the blue had recently been tasking him with finishing his chores faster too, so they'd have more time to go over the day's lessons in the evening.
Unyielding, the blue just turned determined green eyes on his rider. Yes.
Okay, I guess we are... R'gan murmured to himself.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:54 am
The brown’s eyes whirled blue with delight at the invitation. He enjoyed any opportunity to share thought-images with his rider, as Le’x’s always tended to be beautiful, enriched with vivid colors and demonstrative emotions. For practical application, though, some self-control would need to be learned and exercised. Going Between using such idealized images would be messy, if not altogether fatal. We would love to join you, he assured his blue brother. Le'x definitely needed some more practice.

Le’x saw R’gan’s eyes lose focus for a moment as he listened to his dragon, seeming surprised by Basanuth’s thoughts. “Something wrong?”

Kratoth let out a pleasant chirp, curling the end of his tail around Le’x’s ankle. Nothing is wrong, Le’x. We will be meeting these two this evening after chores to continue practicing for today’s lesson.

“Oh… well, I guess we’ll be seeing you again tonight,” Le’x said to the other boy, a chuckle coloring his last few words. “Where do you want to meet up?”

DruidTigeress
I don’t know if you planned to jump ahead or not, but we can certainly do that if you want! I’m all good with continuing in the “present” too. <3

Teiha

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:41 pm
Teiha
Oh. No, that was totally just a throw away line, lol. But we could do that RP too!

"Sounds like it." R'gan said, shaking his head with a soft laugh. "Don't feel obligated to though." Just because Bas's only idea of fun was extra practice and drills, he knew not everyone was into the idea of evening lessons in addition to the ones they had all through the day.

Nonsense, Mine. We are not the only ones that need improving. Basanuth said, turning his discerning mind back over their last lesson. In fact, he would say they were doing better than most, though of course there was always room for improvement. And he was more than happy to offer his assistance to any who wished to improve their skill along with them. He sent a warm wave of appreciation toward his brother, glad that someone seemed to understand his determination. And we would be most happy to have you. he replied.

"Anyway, what he fails to understand is that chores don't just finish themselves early because you want them to." R'gan added, shooting a look to the dark blue, who just huffed and gave something like a shrug. If His would just work quicker...

They made it into the dining hall and R'gan made a bee line for the food. After an early morning and a long day of drills, he was famished. "If you're still interested though, we can meet outside the barracks after chores tonight." he offered. He knew he wasn't going to get out of it either way. And in any case, extra work or not, he couldn't think of anything he would want to do more than spend time with Basanuth, whatever they were doing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:15 pm
Kratoth returned Basanuth’s appreciation with a wave of his own affection. I am glad for our agreement in the matter. It falls to me to make sure Le’x and I reach our potential, I’m afraid. He leaned a bit closer to his brother, as if about to tell some sort of secret. I don’t know about yours, but mine often needs a little… encouragement.

Unaware of his bonded’s private criticism of one of his more lacking qualities, Le’x laughed at R’gan’s thoughts on chores. “They sure don’t. Just oiling Kratoth seems to take forever, let alone adding everything else we’re expected to do on top of it. I don’t know what I’m going to do when he’s full grown!”

A growing boy himself, Le’x was only too happy to browse the evening’s selections and stack up as much food as his plate could handle. He'd already eaten half a biscuit and had the other half jauntily pinched between his lips by the time they found a seat. “The barracks,” he confirmed. “We’ll be there, if we can get done in time!”

DruidTigeress
LOL! It sounds fun, if we need a good excuse to throw our boys together later on.

Teiha

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:48 pm
Teiha

R'gan is not so bad. Basanuth commented happily. He didn't want to seem bragging, so he wouldn't go on too much, but he was delighted that he had been able to find one that shared his purpose, goals, and (though admittedly to a lesser extent) his drive. R'gan might sometimes struggle to keep up with his relentless pace and sometimes caution him to slow down, but in the end he knew they were both as hell bent and inspired as each other.

R'gan felt the sudden swell of pride from his dragon even without knowing all of Basanuth's thoughts. It was something he was still getting used to, that sudden, endless love, though he was sure Basanuth frequently felt it from him as well. Leaving the dragons to their private chat, R'gan continued his conversation with L'ex. "True. Though once they grow they won't need oiling as often." he said as they went in to get food. He couldn't remember if that was something they'd gone over in lessons yet or not, but it was something he'd known from years of living in the Weyr, helping his dad oil Stariath.

"Sounds good." R'gan said, smiling as he sat down next to L'ex. Though he wanted to get to know more of his weyrling group himself too, he was mostly concerned about Basanuth, who he was afraid might isolate himself with his near obsessively driven nature. If he could make friends with more of his siblings' riders (especially those that seemed to have a good disposition like Kratoth) hopefully it would be easier for Bas to make friends as well. "Maybe we could see if anyone else wants to join too?" he suggested. Though there were a couple he kind of hoped wouldn't come.

He looked back at L'ex as they started tucking into their food. "So how are you finding things?" he asked, curiously. He always wondered if it was harder for candidates who didn't grow up in the Weyr to adjust to everything. "You're from a hold, right? Which one?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:57 am
It wasn’t in Kratoth to interpret his brother’s comment as bragging. Even if he had, he wouldn’t have taken offense. Every dragon knew that their own lifemate was the best, most perfect person there was. And Le’x could only become even more brave, strong, wise and wonderful with time.

Le’x let out a sigh of relief. “Oh, good. I wasn’t really looking forward to trying to oil thirty-five feet of dragon every week!”

But you would do it, Kratoth noted.

“Of course I would. I would do anything for you, Kratoth.”

And I, you.

The boy was awash in feelings of love for his dragon, but still managed to hear and comprehend R’gan. “That sounds like a lot of fun, all of us training on our own like that. I wonder if V’mel would notice. Maybe he’d reward us with a day off?” Even though he said it, Le’x knew it would never happen. But it was nice to think about.

“I’m from Rusadh Hold. It’s a smaller hold near Telgar River.” It wasn’t a curt answer, but that was all that came out, for the moment. Nothing about its current state of ruin, and nothing about his... uncle. That particular discovery still felt strange. He was trying not to think too hard about it. He took a moment to chew another bite before moving on. “It’s been great here. It’s so different. I mean, I’m still doing chores and stuff. But it feels different.”

DruidTigeress

Teiha

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:54 am
Teiha

"Yeah, that would be rough!" R'gan agreed, laughing. At least Basanuth would be smaller. Yet another benefit of riding a blue.. he thought, leaning down to scratch the dragon's neck affectionately.

He shook his head, trying to picture V'mel ever giving them a day off. "Ha! Yeah, somehow I doubt it. Maybe if a bronze was running it, but I think he's more likely he'd find some reason to be mad about it." If that was the case, would it be 'showing leadership' as opposed to 'training without permission' or something of the like? On their first day together he remembered telling Basanuth, that if he weren't a blue he might be their werlingmaster's favorite dragon. Though he'd mostly been joking at the time, the thought still darkened his mood somewhat.
It shouldn't matter. Basanuth asserted.
Yeah, I know it shouldn't, but it does.. Sadly. That's what they had to change.

R'gan nodded enthusiastically at L'ex next assessment. "It's night and day." he agreed. Before they had been working and doing chores in the mere hope of one day being able to impress a dragon. Now that it had really happened, chores hardly seemed to matter anymore.

"It's only a turn more anyway." he said, his eyes lighting up with determination. "Then we'll be flying in the wings instead." Could they do it?
Would they be ready? He'd finally be flying alongside his father and Ristia, perhaps maybe even in the same wing. But they would also be the first clutch born since thread's return. There was no grace period, no coming up to speed in an environment that was relatively safe, as so many riders had before them.

We will be alright. Basamuth assured him. This is why we train now. When the time comes, we will be ready. He gave a little nod to Kratoth as well. They all would be, he was sure of it.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games