Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Meeting the Golds (Alumet/Zenobiath + Oliah/Fianth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:59 pm
To be completely honest, Alumet was enjoying Weyrling training. Where some might cal V'mel rough, she found the way he taught invigorating. Perhaps it helped to know that he and her mother knew each other very well, but in all earnesty, she knew that there was much that she had to know. Especially since she and her Zenobiath were...well, as Zenobiath said. They were they cream of the crop. They sat on top of the weyr, or would one day. The tiny dark Gold knew best, or that was what Alumet had started to say...even when sometimes SHE new better. Nonetheless, this was life now.

Yawning openly. she set a hand on a small head as they walked side by side down the corridor from where they'd been doing their lessons with the other weyrlings. For once, her hair was loose, with only the top tied back in a near half-ponytail that was braided down. Blue eyes sparkled with warmth, as Zenobiath told her a story of what she and the other dragonets had been discussing when they weren't in the midst of training. It was entertaining, hearing what young dragons talked about, better than the gossip of the Weyr.

What she hadn't expected was for Zenobiath to pause and raise her head, intent on something that Alumet hadn't sensed, too caught up in the little one. A tail unwound from Hers' leg, and she began to trot down the hall, just a little too fast. What was she searching for? "Zenobiath, Love." It was a call from the Rider, confused as the other continued until she found the person she'd sought. A woman, a Goldrider that Alumet recognized from seeing her around. "Oliah. I'm sorry about Zenobiath, she has a mind of her own."

Mine, she is a Goldrider, and I want to meet them all, and the other golds that are not my wonderful Mother.
I know that, dearest heart, but we can not just go running off as we please...

Masterharper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:34 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Olliah was carrying a stack of archives back from the records room, attempting to keep them in place by leaning ever so slightly back, and periodically using her chin to stead the stack. Just one record, Zheria had said; just one small thing to bring back. Olliah knew that she often went a bit above and beyond when looking things up... but asking for old tithe records of High Reaches Hold had then turned into pulling some records about tithes from Nabol, Tillek, and even one minor Weyrhold that no longer existed; on top of that she'd found a few historical queen clutches that needed re-copying -- something she might have to ask G'len about, as they were rather ominously old and in bad shape -- and then more than a few pertaining to notable Threadfalls, and a few concerning some old Threadscore remedies. Olliah was no dragonhealer, and was trying hard to learn as best she could! Thankfully, stitching dragon hide was almost like stitching cloth; but it was a job the woman secretly hated. She grew up cutting cloth, not trying to mend wounds... But, that was the life of a gold rider. Especially now that the silver rain fell.

So the woman turned the corner, trying to make her way from the records rooms to her weyr in one piece, when she heard the light scrabbling of claws against stone. Sure enough, she suddenly found herself in the company of a dark baby gold; a little queen quite the opposite color of her own Fianth. "Ah, salutations young Zenobiath," she smiled down at the little gold, carefully shifting her archives so it was a little more steady. "Nothing to apologize for," she chuckled, giving a small dip of her head as Alumet approached. "She's been polite and gentle -- quite a fine little lady." She complimented warly. "I've seen some young ones bowl riders over in their enthusiasm!" She confessed with another little laugh. Olliah always had a fondness for babies and children; dragonets were no exception.

"But let me apologize for having my hands full! You caught me just on my way back from the records room." A statement Alumet would someday start repeating. Goldriders had much to do... and scouring the records rooms seemed much of it.

"I hope the two of you have been well?" She was in no rush... though she debated asking if Alumet minded a detour back to her weyr. She knew Fianth might well enjoy meeting the little queen. Ah, but she'd wait... Just in case Alumet was on her way elsewhere, and meant to leave as soon Zenobiath had arrived.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:54 am
The Gold shifted up on her hind legs for a moment, supporting herself on Her own so she could study the archives that Olliah was carrying. It was with curiousity that she studied the records, before nodding and lowering herself and stretching her wings. These were something that she would have to be aware of eventually, from what the other was saying, and it was noted by the Gold. Hers would have to find things and records for the weyr, or so she assumed. If Olliah was doing it, then she would be as well. Alumet offered the other woman a smile, "Zenobiath is usually gentle. She worries about appearing anything other than the pinnacle of grace and elegance." She ignored the honk of indignance from her lifemate, smiling a bit secretively. It was a bit fun to tease the little Gold when she got a chance, "We're...We are learning well. I'm still a bit unsure of it all, but I had a short talk with Lestenna. From what I am aware, Zenobiath has plans to meet every Gold in the Weyr."

It got a chuckle, "Which...I think was the intention of this detour. Zenobiath and I were going to go to the Barracks, but she seemed to have another idea. I think I KNOW what it was now." Yes. My intention was to come find Olliah so that we could go meet Fianth. I would have thought you figured that out sooner, my dearest~. Alumet made a face at the Gold, "...Yes, it was indeed the intention. Zenobiath wanted to meet Fianth. I think she wants to get to know all the others so she can be aware of what she will eventually be dealing with. We saw her mother the other day, and met Zheria and Eveleth at the Feast..."

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:24 am
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Olliah watched the young gold as she investigated her stack of records, remembering fondly how her own delicate Fianth had acted as a hatchling. She had been curious about the world, but had also been surprisingly gentle. Honesty, even after all these Turns, Olliah still wondered at the idea that she was a goldrider. Of all the dragons on the Hatching sands, she had never thought beautiful, sweet, Fianth would select her.

Her gold dragon sent a wave of love and fondness over the woman, reminding her of her eternal support and affection. How could I have wanted anyone else? You are perfect for me, Mine. The gentle voice of her dragon echoed in that wave of feeling. Do invite Zenobiath and Hers back to our weyr. I would be delighted to meet the young queen.

She never would have doubted Fianth's amiability towards the young pair. Her gold had always been kind and generous, which was, perhaps, a bit of an anomaly compared to some other golds. "It can be a bit overwhelming at first, but I have no doubt you'll excel. We're all here to help, after all; and you should be getting some more direct lessons and attention from Zheria and myself as Zenobiath and you grow." Her smile was warm as Alumet confessed that the detour had been Zenobiath's idea, in hopes to meet her queen.

"Well, a queen of the Weyr should know all of her subjects, or so Zheria liked to remind me. You're welcome to return to my weyr, if you'd like. Fianth's sunning on her ledge, and I'm sure would love to better meet Yours."

When Alumet confessed to meeting Zheria and Eveleth at the feast, her eyes twinkled with amusement. "How have your meetings gone? Thankfully, most of the Weyr's queens don't seem to be jealous or spiteful towards others." Even Eveleth, despite possessing a queenly and self-important air, did not begrudge her golden sisters. Not like Sharath, Fianth's first golden daughter. The young gold had been as different from Fianth as night was to day.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:37 am
Masterharper

"We would like that. I think that was actually Zenobiath's intent as soon as she realized who you were. She's strange like that." Making a face at her gold, she felt the tail curl around her legs as the small gold came back to sit elegantly at her side. You say it like I always have ulterior motives, mine.
Well, sometimes you do. The two often argued privately like that, at least until her attention was drawn away by the other woman's talking. The meetings. She hadn't minded them terribly, but to be honest, Alumet was decent with all this diplomatic stuff, "...While they're all rather dull, I've been alright with them. It's not too hard to play at being a diplomat. Zenobiath seems to actually entertain herself with them. She's terribly curious about how everything runs, and how people themselves are. She's not all that fond of the few holders I've met though...Something about their attitudes."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:00 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-
((Haha, whoops. I don't think she would be meeting Holders at this stage in her weyrlinghood, but I'll roll with it. : P In my previous post I meant more how were her meetings with Zheria and her gold lessons, which at this age, was probably more one-on-ones with other gold riders, but I realize my post was kind of vague. My bad!))

"Well, you're always welcome to come by for a visit. My weyr is open to you and Zenobiath both, anytime," Olliah smiled warmly at the young woman and her gold. She knew how the world could change once a golden dragon sought you out among the crowd. Not because they were any better than the rest, but because it could be quite isolating. There was never more than one queen in a clutch, and while they could certainly draw a crowd simply due to the color of their hide, a gold weyrling could also feel isolated from the rest of the fighting dragons. After Zenobiath learned to go Between, her lessons would really begin to pull her from the other fighting dragons.

It was lonely at the top, and only got lonelier the higher up the ladder one climbed.

Though Alumet was a young gold rider, and had grown up most of her life in the Weyr, Olliah had to wonder if her home felt any different now that she was different.

Shifting her work in her arms, she slipped past the two and headed toward her weyr. She wasn't trying to be rude, of course, but she was carrying quite the load and her arms wouldn't mind a reprieve. "Thankfully, my weyr isn't far. Fianth has always had a strong maternal streak, and would certainly love to meet the newest golden daughter of the Weyr. She is her niece, after all, through Takarath." The bronze was one of Eveleth's sons, just as Fianth was Eveleth's first golden daughter. While not all dragons recalled the bonds of clutchmates or their sires and dams, Olliah knew her gold enjoyed being surrounded by family.

In fact, as the two approached the Weyrwoman's Seconds quarters, Olliah could feel Fianth's delight grow. "I'm afraid the meetings will only get worse, especially as you age. There will be many individuals interested in meeting the newest queen rider of High Reaches -- but some of them aren't all bad," she assured with a small laugh. There were some Holders and Craft Masters that were quite kind and jovial. They weren't all Gansleys. Though she was surprised at Alumet's confession that it wasn't hard to play diplomat, she chalked that up to the girl's confidence... and inexperience. While it wasn't always a chore or tedious, there were certain individuals out there who were terribly unsavory, or who tried even Olliah's patience.

Thankfully, Alumet would not need deal with them anytime soon.

"Ah, come in, come in," she welcomed, opening the door to her weyr and inviting the young girl and her dragon in. "Fianth is sunning on her ledge, just through there," she encouraged, wandering over so she could drop her stack of hides and charts on her already full desk. Her room was warm, cozy, and welcoming... but also looked a bit sparse. It was clear Olliah spent much of her time at her desk, as the plush seating meant to entertain guests or visitors remained entirely untouched and unused. If it was meant for a couple, or even a small family, it was quite empty indeed.

Fianth rumbled a warm greeting to the young Zenobiath, pushing her head through the gentle, sheer drapery that had been put up for the summer months between the outside weyr and her riders interior weyr. Welcome, lovely young Zenobiath. Please, make yourself and your rider at home.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces