[PRP] Kindred [Floren + Amonee]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:05 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A little more in common than just a love for plants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:10 pm

It was a night just like any other night, for the most part. Floren had just finished tending to the animals he had in the tunnels below his hive, and was beginning to work on the garden outside. Despite it being just another night, something felt... different. The jadeblood couldn't quite place what it was - just that something was not quite normal about this particular night. He knew that some of his cacti were due to bloom - some of them being rare species - but that was expected, not new or different.

Try as he may to push the feeling aside, it continued to creep up on him as he made his way around the hive watering plants and checking their health. Perhaps he would ask Skoli if they could go for a walk later to see if that would help. With the indoor plants cared for, Floren exited his hive and began to make the rounds on the outdoor plants - all clearly visible to any who might pass by the hive. Not that Floren saw many visitors in the first place, he was outside of Chittentown - enough to make it a real walk to get to him. As he finished checking over one of the cacti that had been giving him trouble for the last few nights, he looked up and scanned the horizon - always a good idea to keep an eye on one's surroundings. Off in the distance something was moving - approaching? He squinted, unable to really make out what the shape was. He should really invest in some binoculars...

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:56 pm
It had taken him a lot longer to get here than he had planned for. The desert sands and heat were very different than the rocky mountain that he was used to. But the rumors in town had pointed him all the way out here to this isolated but lovely hive. He wanted to see the Ariocarpus Fissuratus, “Living Rocks” cactus, in order to paint a picture of their flowers.

"What luck, you're already outside!" He waved to Floren, beaming at the stranger. "I'm sorry to barge in but I heard that you have a collection of rare plants out here." Was it his imagination? The color on the boy's clothing was very familiar to his own as well as Xavier's. It was an exciting thought but not one that Amonee wanted to push without a little more investigating. Instead, he opted to pull a bag out of his purse to offer to the other troll.

"I brought these to exchange for a look at your garden, if they interest you?" It was a pack of Eilidh's homemade sweets that they had been selling at the Nightly Grind. It was still kind of an experiment to see how much interest they'd gather but personally Amonee thought they were delicious. Not to mention, adorable.

"Ah! I forgot. I'm Amonee Brycer. I'm interested in your plants because I would like to paint them." He quickly explained. Otherwise, the boy would probably think he was some kind of weirdo or criminal to be all the way out here in the middle of nowhere.

nepsah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:06 pm

As it was, the shape was a troll! Floren finished taking care of the cacti closer to his hive, then moved closer to the outer ring of his little area to greet them. He waved slightly as the other troll began speaking, expression forming a pleasant smile. Ah, so they'd heard about his plants? That was exciting. Maybe he'd get a chance to meet some other gardeners soon. "It's okay, you're not barging in at all." Floren's smile widened a little as he spoke. He rather liked company, it was just hard to be in town with Skoli sometimes. "Oh, really?" He perked up, eyeing the treats. They certainly looked good. He motioned for Amonee to follow him and then turned to head back toward his hive.

"I don't mind showing them to you. But first, I'm sure you're probably thirsty! It's a long walk from town, isn't it. I'm Floren, it's nice to meet you." He glanced back at Amonee as he walked, noting that the green the other troll wore seemed... very similar to his own, eerily similar, in fact. His heart raced with excitement, but he couldn't get his hopes up just yet. They were supposed to be rare, right?

"We can share the treats if you'd like..! Which plants did you want to paint? I have a lot." He laughed a little as he opened the door to his hive and then shuffled on inside, kicking some sand out of his shoes before progressing into the nutritionblock.

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas