[PRP] The Water's Fine [Laelia & Asheryn]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:01 pm
        The heat today had been stifling. Even in the Weyr, the stuffiness of the summer warmth had crept into the walls, making even the forge unbearable when Laelia had taken the rare time to practice her craft instead of studying in the evening. After all, how many times could she read the same texts on dragon anatomy, and history, and the Hatching? Her bones had felt restless all day, and even the banging of metal on metal couldn't put her to rest.

Once free time had begun, the itching pull in her gut led Laelia to the natural swimming pool housed within the Weyr, some miracle crafted eons ago where the ice cold water ran clear into a basin large enough to exercise in. At least it would give Laelia's limbs something to do, a mindless churn in the water.

But when she arrived in the chamber, Laelia was surprised to see that she was not the only Candidate who had thought to go swimming this evening. A part of her recoiled, considered going for a run somewhere else instead. Blushing when she looked at the figure under the water, Laelia reconsidered again. There was enough water for the two of them. She barely recognized the person in the pool, but the color and the figure was somewhat familiar - the Candidate hadn't been here for nearly as long, hadn't waited the same amount, was still youthful and excited as far as Laelia could tell. She didn't know her name, out of neglect more than anything.

When the girl popped her head up out of the water on the edge closest to Laelia, she called out to get her attention. Suddenly very aware of the metal dust on her clothing from the forge, Laelia cast her eyes downward. "Excuse me. Would you mind if I came in with you?" she asked, voice low.

Strawberri Stardust

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:20 am
Asheryn had spent most of her life outside in the muck with animals, but today the heat had gotten to her. She'd heard of the pool beneath the Weyr but this was the first time she had gone looking for it. The young candidate had nearly whimpered at the sight of the ice cold water and wasted no time in stripping down to her underclothes and diving in.

Her initial gasp and shriek upon coming out of the water had echoed around the cavern and made her giggle. The water had been colder than she expected it to be, and caused shivers to break out over her skin. It didn't take long to get used to the chill as she began to swim laps.

At the sound of someone else in the cavern, Asheryn looked up sharply, a small part of her afraid that she wasn't supposed to be here. But it turned out to be one of the older candidates, so she smiled and waved. "I don't mind at all!" she answered. "Water's icy though, just to warn you." She wasn't quite sure she remembered the girl's name, but Ash thought that could be because the girl kept to herself. Something with an L, she thought... She offered the other girl a grin before pushing off the side of the pool and floating a bit.

smolderingskies
hiiiii i'm sorry this took me forever to respond x.x been having a bad week <3

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:25 pm
        Icy water might be good for her, Laelia decided. It would keep her from becoming relaxed and nonchalant, instead giving her energy, keeping her awake, and tiring her out with exercise at the same time. Laelia looked at the other girl's smile, the own corners of her mouth turning up a bit. She slipped her dress over her head so she was only clad in underclothes, discarding the gown in a heap by the side of the pool. Taking a deep breath, straight as a stick she jumped in.

It was enough to make her squeal underwater, but by the time she breached the surface she was merely gasping, goosebumps prickling her skin. She shook her head, hair stringy from the water, and let out a little whoop. "You weren't kidding," she said through chattering teeth, before pushing herself off a wall and swimming over to the other Candidate. Laelia examined her, trying to remember what she was called. "Sorry, what's your name? I'm pretty bad at remembering names." She grinned, her nose and cheeks pink from the cold.

Strawberri Stardust
you're good! I'll be busy all weekend so idk when I'll be able to tag @@

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:28 pm
Asheryn laughed a little and nodded. "Right? Oh, I'm Asheryn, but you can call me Ash if you want." She smiled, then blushed a little. "Don't feel too bad, I can't remember yours, either." She offered the other candidate an embarrassed smile though she kept herself moving in the water. If she stayed still, the chill would seep back in.

"You've been here longer than I have, haven't you?" she asked. She knew she hadn't been the only one left disappointed after the last Hatching and she wondered how the candidates who had been through it before handled it. She didn't want to be rude, though.

smolderingskies

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:49 pm
        "Laelia," she responded, giving a sly smile before dipping her mouth and nose below the surface of the water. Laelia swayed her limbs back and forth, moving to stay afloat. After the initial prickling of goosebumps, the water felt good. Refreshing. An ice bath against her tired, restless muscles.

She poked her mouth above the water again. "I've been here for three Turns," she admitted, casting her eyes down, suddenly finding her kicking feet very interesting. Some people still had a lot of waiting ahead of them, while Laelia suspected this one might not have to wait as long as she already had. It was hard to feel so ungrateful, knowing there were Candidates who were even older than her, who had been waiting even longer. "Was this one your first Hatching?" So many faces moved through, so many people who just whizzed right into the rider ranks, she had stopped even trying to recall who was who and when they had arrived.

Strawberri Stardust

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff