Welcome to Gaia! ::

Displaced Final Fantasy / KH Remnants

Back to Guilds

A place for final fantasy & KH fans still on gaia that would like to reconnect / meet 'new' fans. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix, Roleplay, Cosplay 

Reply Displaced Final Fantasy Fans
Guild Event Planning

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Swords and Hair Gel
Vice Captain

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:32 pm
Now that our wedding event has come to a close, we thought it would be neat to have other guild events only with, ah, better planning. So I figured I would set up a thread dedicated to future events and any ideas/plans that people have for them.

Ideas so far:

Halloween
- Avatar costume contest, once with popular vote and once with random number roll

- Trick-or-Treating, possibly with a random number/coin flip to determine whether you get a treat or a trick, or something

- Would open October 1 and end on Halloween night

- Maybe some sort of "scary movie fest" via youtube links.

- Might be able to merge the guild even with main official Gaia event, like compare scores or something

Christmas
- Avatar costume contest with Christmas-theme, once with popular vote and once with random number roll

- House decorating contest with voting + number roll winner, where you would use the Christmas lights and trees and all that to dress up your house

- Aquarium Christmas theme contest with vote/roll since there are Christmas lights/items for aquariums

- Secret Santa / aka everyone who wants to participate is assigned a number then you "draw a number from a hat" by doing a random number roll ( you would roll again if the number you received was already taken ) and then exchange gifts

- Might be some way to do "caroling" with youtube videos/songs, maybe a contest ( voting/random number ) or just everyone throw out their favorite Christmas songs and make a list on the front page so it's kind of like a playlist.

- Event would officially begin on December 1 and officially end on January 1.

- Might be able to merge the guild event with Gaia's main official site event

Other event ideas
- Birthdays
- Weddings
- Anniversaries
- Other holidays
- Summer event

For all events
- All events would have the RP factor included. Giving away prizes is hard. Unless someone super rich has nothing better to do than give away free things, or we all chip in for a donation pool, then it's just not that feasible to have the entire event revolve around prizes or have that be everyone's only motivation to participate. A lot of people run charities at Christmas time so their extra money/items is already tied up in another project. The events would be a lot more fun if people liked to show up in-character and post silly stuff like in the old days of Gaia.

- The events would run for a set limited amount of time and then officially end with the thread being locked. This way it seems more special and you have a reason to hurry in before it ends, and it actually matters when people show up while the event is running instead of coming late because you can't post anymore once it ends.

- Screenshots and records of winners/etc would be posted on the front page of the thread to keep a record of everything that happened, etc.

- Someone has to volunteer to run each event and update the first post, etc. If your running your own event like for your birthday or something, then you would choose on your own what the activities are and how long the event runs, etc.

- Art or writing contests if there's a lot of people who like art stuff

Anyone who has any ideas to share, post away. Also post if you have an event you want to run and you need a place to plan it out. Hopefully there's enough time in advance for Halloween/Christmas to come up with lots of neat things to do during those holidays.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:04 pm
TurkReno
Prizes are nice, though you have a point, some people come for the fun and inviting atmosphere.
I like to have things on hand just incase though.

Yeah, I know, was farming LK at the uh...winter / mouse place awhile back. They drop about 3-4 different RIGs.

Too many rules and no one is going to read them or bother. And then y'typed all that s**t up for nothin'. Greedy to an extent is fine. They just damn well better be pleasant as a person. Not a demanding little s**t.

Brought this here since it seemed like we were talking mostly about prizes and whatnot now hehe. whee

Mmhmm, yeah, those are the drops I meant. Of course nobody would want the ultra cheap drops, so it may be best to do a RIG bundle to even out the "value".

Like, you could try farming some stages in some worlds for some RIGs, toss out most of the too-cheap ones and bundle the "higher end" ones so people don't get too mad about the value of the prizes.

For example:

Halloween RIG Prize Bundle
x4 Hell Portal - worth about 700M each, can be farmed in Milky Way
x2 Cobweb Castle - can be farmed in Milky Way
x1 Japanese Ghost Stories - found in Zen Gardens (but can be rare)
x1 Midnight Circus - can be farmed in Land of sweets

Christmas RIG Prize Bundle
x3 Winter Trunk - worth about 1b each, can be farmed in Milky Way
x2 Heavenly Holiday - randomly drops in the daily stamp thing on Day 7
x1 Star Gazing - this randomly generates bundles, can be farmed in Hephaestus Peak

etc.

Nah, from experience most of them aren't demanding. They just like the thrill of winning stuff. whee It may probably make sense to have a raffle in the thread where you get to announce who gets these bundles for a prize. Then all they would need to do is hang out instead of bumping and generating numbers. wink

BOMB4Y

Bad Boy

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:07 pm
BOMB4Y
TurkReno
Prizes are nice, though you have a point, some people come for the fun and inviting atmosphere.
I like to have things on hand just incase though.

Yeah, I know, was farming LK at the uh...winter / mouse place awhile back. They drop about 3-4 different RIGs.

Too many rules and no one is going to read them or bother. And then y'typed all that s**t up for nothin'. Greedy to an extent is fine. They just damn well better be pleasant as a person. Not a demanding little s**t.

Brought this here since it seemed like we were talking mostly about prizes and whatnot now hehe. whee

Mmhmm, yeah, those are the drops I meant. Of course nobody would want the ultra cheap drops, so it may be best to do a RIG bundle to even out the "value".

Like, you could try farming some stages in some worlds for some RIGs, toss out most of the too-cheap ones and bundle the "higher end" ones so people don't get too mad about the value of the prizes.

For example:

Halloween RIG Prize Bundle
x4 Hell Portal - worth about 700M each, can be farmed in Milky Way
x2 Cobweb Castle - can be farmed in Milky Way
x1 Japanese Ghost Stories - found in Zen Gardens (but can be rare)
x1 Midnight Circus - can be farmed in Land of sweets

Christmas RIG Prize Bundle
x3 Winter Trunk - worth about 1b each, can be farmed in Milky Way
x2 Heavenly Holiday - randomly drops in the daily stamp thing on Day 7
x1 Star Gazing - this randomly generates bundles, can be farmed in Hephaestus Peak

etc.

Nah, from experience most of them aren't demanding. They just like the thrill of winning stuff. whee It may probably make sense to have a raffle in the thread where you get to announce who gets these bundles for a prize. Then all they would need to do is hang out instead of bumping and generating numbers. wink

My issue is time is limited some days and it takes an a** long time to get these drops. D< So if they don't want the prizes then they don't have to play is how I feel after my carpel tunnel is acting up after repetitive clicking. Mind numbing s**t.

However you do have good ideas and I will keep them in mind, the raffle is a good idea, assign people a number and whatever random number it lands on X person gets.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:59 am
TurkReno

lol yeah lol It won't really be that easy considering the more expensive RIGs are rarer than most others. I still like to think though that nobody would mind not having very expensive prizes. For some it's just a thrill of scoring something, even if small. You know, like a luck test.

Yup yup! So basically if they stuck around you could ask them if they wanted to be entered into a raffle. Something like that. wink

BOMB4Y

Bad Boy

Displaced Final Fantasy Fans

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces