azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:33 pm
It started as a whisper that he just barely heard and grew from there. Nasir lingered where people were healing and again when food was served, mostly not sure that he wanted to retreat. There were people he were worried about, not just himself or Wil.

When the whispers turned to the press of feelings- Nasir knew something had changed. It wasn't a matter of reaching out to touch people to feel things himself anymore. Instead all he had to do was just be in proximity and it got worse if he looked too long at someone, thought too much about them.

Then he'd hear voices-

Nasir was not going crazy, he was sure of it, but he certainly was not prepared for the onslaught of feelings that weren't his own in the aftermath of what happened. Not even the hallways that lead to the prepared rooms were safe.

Quote:
this is for anyone to jump into! i just want nasir to experience whispers/feelings from other people to help illustrate his new power (and his eventual learning of control)! just plop some character feels down and a whisper of thought down and quote me if you want to do an exchange! otherwise just post and it's something nasir will feel/hear ~

HELLO MY OLD HEART - Nasir's abilities as an empath have grown. Now not only able to sense and feel the emotions of others as if they were his own, he's also able to hear the associated thoughts of an emotional state if he focuses on an individual. This manifests as an echo of the person's voice that only he hears, sharing something tied to the emotional state they are in. (Player permission caveat in place.)

Example: If Nasir was watching a couple have a fight he would be able to pick up their feelings (frustration, anger, sadness, etcetera) but if he were to truly focus he could hear from one 'They cheated on me! I can't believe they cheated on me!' and from the other 'I need them to stop making a scene, this is ridiculous!' giving further insight into what is going on.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:42 pm
Oh god...

We almost died...

Oliver was standing there, looking a little spacey and despondent.

3:15... 3:14... 3:13...

Something in his face grimaced a little, like pain.

but until then

Shiloh was weird for an empath. There wasn't any immediate swath of emotion present, and even focusing in on him felt weird and intrusive in a multitude of different ways. This was because a lot of Shiloh's emotions weren't strictly his own—they belonged to Jamie Delacroix too.

And when Nasir focused in, he would feel it the overwhelming guilt, the strange sense of separation, like Shiloh was trying to hide something—but from who? From where? From Jamie?

What if she wanted her best friend back?

Shiloh's face didn't show much emotion.

But Ezra had to be lying, right? Using her? But what if she thinks I just took that away from her?

Finally Shiloh moved, but it was only to sigh.

Being dead would be so much easier...

And he went back to tending to his lover, to his friend, to those he cared about.

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:51 pm
Inner darkness

Shun rarely left his space, but his healing had been broken up into several sessions, which forced him to head out for the sake of additional healing be applied to him. He didn't acknowledge Nasir at all as he walked past.

Within, there was a large amount of anger as far as what might be felt on an ambient level. A quiet rage that wished to shut everyone and everything out.

I can handle this on my own. I am not weak.

Somewhere mixed deep within the rage was an odd... something that was almost like regret. But not quite. A sensation or feeling that he should have done something. Only that something involved killing another.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:00 pm
No Appetite

Kaleb had left dinner early, barely touching any of the food. He hadn't wanted to disrupt anyone, or cut their meals short on his account, so he had excused himself with a tired smile and said he was just going to lie down for a bit.

Yet his emotions had caused him to jump the gun somewhat, leaving the presence of his friends long before he was well and truly ready for it. The longer he was in his own company, the more the anxiety and guilt and shame ate away at him. He was still new to having friends he could lean on, and he didn't even realize their presence was keeping him grounded. It didn't even occur to him after he became too troubled to willingly seek out comfort.

He settled for wandering the hallways in a near daze, looking merely tired on the outside, but feeling crushed by the weight of self-loathing and fear on the inside.  

Grey Dragon

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:11 pm
martyr's line

Alexis doesn't make it to dinner with everyone else. It's understandable, really; even with the magic Nasir and Wil had thrown into their flesh, frantic, desperate - they should have stopped fighting long before the flames licked so far up their arms it met the soft skin of their neck.

It's not hard to tell where they are. The door is open, two fingerprints soot-smeared on the wood. They're on their stomach on the bed, face-down in a pillow in the universal position of exhaustion; the shirt is backless, sleeveless, and the burned flesh is still taut-shiny on their arms and back and neck (with their hair unbound, the burn is uneven; it's longer in spots than it is in others, singed, brittle, broken). Exhaustion and anger radiates off of them.

Could've stopped him - should've killed him, nobody killed - ********, somebody, this is why I'm not - It's interspersed with harsh flashes of pain, like a strobe to the senses. He still got hurt, I failed, I'm ******** useless - ugh. Alexis buries their face deeper into the pillow. Guilt, guilt, guilt melded with fury so deeply they have the same origin point. God, I wish I was dead.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:50 pm
not enough rain

Temperance had stayed, lingered as people shuffled to their rooms, and now she was going, too. She was a bit glassy-eyed, a bit tired, and in despite need of a shower. She could magic away Ezra's blood, sure, but...

There was always going to be blood, too much blood.

I can feel it under my nails

it never goes away

sticky sticky sticky

you shouldn't mix different types of blood, Temperance. AB doesn't mix with B but it mixes and mixes on your hands, my hands

She smiled and gave Nasir a tired wave as she passed.

its in my fingerprints and it won't ever leave. not good enough  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:01 pm
twin peaks

Preacher was oozing down the hallway. Oozing because she was tired and the fetches had fixed her up, but not one hundred percent and her whole body kind of hurt. Suddenly, she shifted into a mink and scurried down the hall much faster than before.

he conjured a knife, how ********' cool. i wasn't no cool, though. i ******** up, too weak. wonder if bossman can make m'fireproof. i'd do it again though. mebbe i don't learn.

chester ain't mad at me, though. chester bester mester chesticles hah

oh ******** him, taco bell fire walk with me firelord shitstain singed my hair

She was frowning very crossedly at the end of her braid.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:37 pm
And her name is

What is this feeling?

What is this voice shouting, YEAH WE DID IT! YEAH THAT'S ********' RIGHT! What is this exultation?

What is this rapid mantra of, GET s**t DONE! WE ARE GONNA GET s**t DONE! GET s**t DONE GET s**t DONE!

What is this random burst of, OH MY GOD IM MARRIED! This sing-song of WIFEY WIFEY, CUTE FOR LIFEY!

Nasir notices an Othercat slinking around his ankles, a three inch America is on its back, wide-eyed and half covered in frosting. Mr. Bitterberry hops along before, peeping inquisitively at another Othercat. The bizarre little parade pauses to pat Nasir's leg and give a tiny thumbs up.  

lizbot

No Faun

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:42 pm
俺のせい

..fault... she trusts me. he trusts me, I did this.

there is no other option. ..fault... my fault... 'you never did try hard enough, did you'

The last bit wasn't in Horace's voice. Reaching up, he cracked his neck and went back to fidgeting with his robe. Then he looked over at Nasir, and Nugget squeaked.

Hi, Nasir. Honestly, Horace felt too tired to open his mouth. I heard they'll give us dinner.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:55 pm
consolation prize

I don't understand. I don't understand. I don't understand.

Mila was sitting in the main section of the room still, her eyes wide as she cleaned the rim of her broken glasses. Temperance had healed the burn on her leg, but a nasty looking scar still reared its head there, painful looking even if it wasn't painful at all. Her thumb and forefinger were swiping the same spot over and over and over in smooth circular motions.

I don't understand. I don't understand. I don't understand.

She was obviously terrified and mortified and confused. Her eyes were wide and her posture was ridged and her hands were shaky and she was so very out of it—but for someone so new to magic, she hadn't crumpled yet, and that said something. Sort of.

Why. Why? Why...

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:55 pm
no appetite

Nasir had caught sight of Kaleb leaving, his focus on the young man. Tired practically radiated from him, as well as the feeling of blankness that seemed to be equally pervasive. It was, of course, the near crushing feelings of self-loathing and what he surely thought was fear that hit the hardest.

That was what had him moving, following after Kaleb (after grabbing a few things and wrapping them in a cloth napkin).

"Kaleb!" he called out, once they were no longer right there in the serving area and further in the hallway.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:00 pm
俺のせい

Nasir was on the outskirts for the moment, trying to work through everything when he caught sight of Horace. The whisper of his voice was what he caught first before the influx of feelings but the second voice-

That one was weird and it, of all things, set him on edge.

He was wide-eyed as he heard Horace's voice in his head instead of a whisper, nodding jerkily at what he heard. "Yeah, there's ... all sorts of things? You can kind of tell them what you're in the mood for and they'll fix it up for you too. In case people want comfort foods, you know?" He tried to smile, really he did, but the tiredness of everyone was weighing him down.

The Semblance of Unity
lol, you don't need to reply but i thought i'd throw this one out there

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:55 pm
consolation prize

Nasir had just gotten his glasses fixed by a very nice, very mechanically inclined fetch when he felt the rush of feeling again. The confusion hit him first, followed by the terror and mortification. It made him want to sway on his feet but he did not, instead he looked around until he thought he found the person responsible.

Then he saw Mila and heard the whisper of her voice as if she was right next to him. Nasir couldn't not do something even though this was intrusive, even if this was- it was something.

So he walked up to her, his cute hair barrettes a little singed still, and flicked his hand back and forth in greeting (because they still hurt if he moved them too much, like he was stretching scar tissue or something).

"Hey," he said, smiling warmly (albeit it was tired looking), "there's this person," a fetch actually, "that's able to fix glasses." A finger tapped at his own, as if illustrating. "Might got melted some and they were able to fix them."

Melancholies
mila he wants to give you so many hugs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:13 am
no appetite

The echo of Kaleb's thoughts were disjointed, and he was too worn out to stop them from eating away at his mental state.

-weak. I couldn't. I'm so sorry... Don't be proud of me. Don't... I'm not worth that. So useless. Trying isn't enough. Never enough. Can't ever rely on me, shouldn't trust me, I'll just fall apart. I messed up. I'm so sorry...

He heard his name called, and for a second his fear spiked. As he stopped and turned, trying to summon up an appropriate greeting, the tone of his thoughts shifted.

Please no... no, he'll know that I'm a failure... Don't be kind, why are you so kind, I don't deserve it. I don't want to let you down too...

Kaleb cracked a weak smile. "Nasir, hi..."

azuredreams

Grey Dragon

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:45 am
An Enormous Mess

Cassandra's feelings were all over the place. On the one hand, she felt a certain pride that she'd decided to stick around and tough it out, on the other hand...

It would have been really nice if she'd been able to just..settle on one song in her head. Instead of like 12. She didn't even go through full bars of music before switching songs.

She really had a headache from it.  
ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces