Submit

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:09 pm
R'ey stood in his area of the weyrling barracks, leaning against Eleusith as he oiled his beloved's hide. Feel better? he asked through their bond, smiling adoringly at the blue.

Eleusith crooned, a deeply pleased and content noise. So much better, he answered. I was so itchy! R'ey laughed softly and continued to massage the unscented oil everywhere he could until there were no more dry patches anywhere on his dragon.

It still felt a little bit like a dream, and this morning he had been confused as to where he was until Eleusith's hunger reminded him. He had grinned and rose to feed him.
Thaliawen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:03 pm
Strawberri Stardust

L'mul knew it was early. He knew R'ey would be busy with his dragon. His dragon! L'mul had never been as proud as he had just yesterday. Both of his sons had Impressed! He'd been so sharding proud, his eyes had overfilled with that pride. Liquid pride, that's what those tears had been.

He did wish Trisa had opted to stay with her mother, though. The five turn old was happily following him to the settling barracks. Apparently she had a request for R'ey.

L'mul hoped it wasn't what he thought it would be. Trisa wouldn't be riding dragons--any dragon--for turns, he hoped. "Come on then," he called over his shoulder. "R'ey will be happy to see us."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:07 pm
Thaliawen

Just as R'ey was wiping the excess oil from his hands Eleusith raised his head toward the door of their weyr, eyes whirling a curious mix of blue and yellow. Someone is coming, R'eymine.

The new rider frowned a little at the slight alarm he could feel coming from his dragon and moved to the door to see who it could be. He was reassured by the sight of his father and little sister. It's alright, Eleusith. It's L'mul and Trisa. He waved and smiled at them.

Letting out a trill of happiness, Eleusith shifted on his couch to greet the green rider and the little human R'ey had so much affection for. Eleusith adored her as well, finding the little girl's eagerness to share adorable. She would do well on a green, he thought at his rider.

R'ey snorted softly at Eleusith's thought. Not a blue? he teased. His dragon was certainly a traditionalist, and R'ey wondered if he'd be this stodgy the rest of his life. Perhaps he could get him to loosen up a little. Maybe. No. A green, Eleusith insisted with a nod of his head. Regardless, Trisa is only five. I'm not sure Dad will let us take her up for a few more turns, and there's nine until she can even stand. He was certain that Owara would be able to get him to relax when it came to letting R'ey and Eleusith take the little girl for a ride. It wasn't like they would let anything happen to her.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:41 pm
L'mul smiled once he spotted his son and waved. Oiling already? Had Eleusith been patchy? "Hey R'ey!" He was glad for the easy conversion, it didn't sound any different. R'gan's name would be harder to get used to.

He closed the gap between them and wrapped his son in a hug.

Trisa, on the other hand, was paying more attention to Eleusith. "Ellie!" She reached to scratch at his eye ridges. "Hi Ellie! Guess what! I told mommy me and R'ey are gonna share you!"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:13 pm
Thaliawen
"Hey, Dad," he said and returned the hug. When he went to greet Trisa, he saw she'd gone straight to his dragon and laughed softly. "I almost think she's more excited about Eleusith than I am."

Eleusith closed his eyes and made small happy noises from the treatment his eye ridges were getting. Sharing? Eleusith puffed a breath over the small human. But I'm R'ey's dragon, he told her. I'll be happy to take you for rides when I'm bigger!

R'ey winced a little as he heard what Eleusith told his little sister. He definitely had a very traditional dragon on his hands.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:35 pm
"I think you're equally excited," L'mul grinned and poked R'ey in the side playfully. "You're just better at hiding it!" Trisa did see pretty infatuated with the idea of dragons in the family though, didn't she?

"No, you're our dragon. And me and R'ey are gonna share with Mommy too, because Mommy doesn't have a dragon and mommy looks sad sometimes! We gotta make Mommy happy!" Apparently, this was her big request. She looked over to R'ey hopefully. "Please, R'ey?"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 pm
R'ey laughed softly, angling away from the poke. "I am extremely excited. I can't wait to fly with him," he said. It was still all so new... He'd gone from learning how to make and use dyes to being a dragon rider in a short period of time but there was nothing he would do to change his life.

Eleusith...be nice. She's young and she doesn't understand. You and I know we belong to each other, but it's only a little pretending for Trisa. You don't want to make her sad, do you? He made sure that Eleusith felt the gentleness of his admonishment and the love he had for the dragon that was his.

Eleusith warbled quietly at R'ey's words and sighed. No, he did not want to make the tiny human sad. R'ey had told him that tiny humans tended to cry when they were sad and that it made those close to them sad, too. Eleusith didn't want R'ey to be sad.Okay, R'eymine. To Trisa, he crooned gently and nodded his large head. We can share. He didn't like it, but for R'ey he could deal with it until Trisa was old enough to fully understand how dragons worked.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:30 pm
"That'll be a while," L'mul warned, and reached to ruffle R'ey's hair. But it was worth it. So worth it. "I'm so proud of you," he said, then. His son had only recently come to live with them, but he'd adjusted so well, and now he was a rider!

Trisa wrapped her arms around Eleusith's head and hugged him. "I love you, Ellie."

"Do you have lessons today or is today a bonding day?" L'mul asked. He remembered those bonding days. They'd been encouraged to get to know their dragons, to get used to what they'd need to do for the rest of their lives in caring for them.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:28 am
R'ey smiled and nodded. "I know. A few months, anyway," he said and laughed a little when his hair was ruffled. "Hey!" He snorted and ran his fingers through his hair to resettle it. "It's a half day. We had lessons this morning."

Eleusith warbled softly and bent his neck to bend it around Trisa in a dragon hug. I love you too, Trisa. R'ey's family was strange, but they made him happy so that was all that mattered to Eleusith.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:12 am
"Learning how to feed your dragons properly so they don't get thicktail?" L'mul guessed, grinning. He remembered that lesson. The weyrlingmaster had gone on about it for what had seemed like hours.

At Ellie's words, the five turn old's eyes widened, and she beamed. "Yay! Daddy! R'ey! Ellie says he loves me!" She paused and turned her attention back to the dragon. "Let's play, Ellie!"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:58 pm
R'ey groaned at the reminder of exactly what he and the rest of the new weyrlings had been through. "It sounds so simple! But apparently it's not," he grumbled, running his hands through his hair. The last thing he wanted to do was anything that might harm his darling Eleusith, but the lesson had dragged on forever.

When Trisa turned to them, R'ey smiled. He was glad that Eleusith and Trisa were getting along.

Okay, the dragon said. Oh! Let's go swimming! Eyes blue with hope turned to the younger rider. R'eymine? Can we go swimming?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:33 pm
L'mul grinned. "No, it's not," he agreed. "But it gets easier! You'll see." He reached to ruffle his son's hair again. "You're going to be a fantastic rider," he said. Everything would get easier with time. He knew from experience.

"Swimming?" Trisa echoed. "Daddy, Ellie wants to go swimming! Please, can we? I want to swim with him!"

L'mul looked from R'ey, and then to the dragon. "I suppose," he sighed.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:41 pm
R'ey blushed a little and smiled as his father's prediction. "I hope so," he said. Of course we'll be great! came Eleusith's enthusiastic response. Now let's go swimming!

He snorted softly and nodded. "Alright, let's go swimming," he said. It might save him having to bathe Eleusith later, and he was pretty sure that Trisa might want to help too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:59 pm
"I know so," L'mul smiled. "To the beach, then? You guys haven't eaten in the last half hour, have you?" Once a father, always a father--and who knew if dragons got cramps after eating? "Not too deep!" He added, hurriedly.

How was he going to explain a soaked Trisa to Owara? Hopefully she'd dry before they headed back.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:25 pm
R'ey snorted softly and smiled at L'mul. "No, Dad, we haven't eaten in the last half hour," he assured him. Eleusith, help me keep an eye on Trisa? he asked his blue who nodded as he stood from his stone couch.

Of course! Eleusith chirped in R'ey's mind before moving outside and stretching his wings. The young dragon was excited at the prospect of swimming and playing in the sun.  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff