Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] A Spread for the Deck: The Tarot Clutch Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:58 pm
V'rind & Krahsujunth

There was an almost regretful note to the quirk of V'rind's mouth as she watched T'at skulk off. Sure, she'd asked him—told him—to go, but a few deep head-clearing breaths and...well. He'd fallen in with her because she'd been an a** to him, hadn't he? This was a bit different though...and as she turned the nugget of thought over in her mind she felt her ire flare again, and she speared a bit more food almost viciously with her knife. She managed not to roll her eyes at Tyra—she was only being a good friend, a good blue lady, ready to have her weyrsister's back, after all—and chewed through a few more bites before lowering her blade for a pause.

"What, him? If you think he'd give me that much trouble I must be losing my reputation around here. It has been a while since Krah's tried to bite the wingsecond, I s'pose...mopey tunnelsnake that he's been of late." Speaking of, she half-stood from her seat long enough to see him sprawled out, looking dismal, at Orodreth's side. Just a sad sack of wher dung, he was, crying over cracked eggs, literally. She'd thought he'd been getting over it, but the hatching day was always nearly as bad as the morning after a flight these last five or so turns. Exactly what she needed now, more swirling emotions to ride out.

"Nah. He's...fine. Shouldn't've yelled at him like that," She slid a scoop of the mashed tubers onto the flat of her knife, carelessly indulging (and somehow managing not to slice her tongue or mouth in the process) a bit more. "It's nothing, honestly. Something's come up's all. Got me thinking about things. Old things, mind you, not anything to do with T'at." A certain event, some thirteen...or was it fourteen turns ago now? What a mess that'd been too. Never again, she'd told herself, and now...well. "So. Know much about any of the new weyrlings?" The topic change was blatant, but casual enough as to be genuinely innocent. "I'll admit I've been avoiding the candidates lately. For Krah, if nothing else."

If a gold were small enough...I could carry a small one back, the blue huffed, utterly sure of his own abilities. If they'd just let me try. I could carry any of them back, but maybe a smaller one would be easiest in the end... His whirling eyes traced over Uridith and Eveleth. Both the middling size for a gold, if not larger. If only...but no. At least from where he lay, he couldn't see...Well. It didn't matter. He wanted. They didn't.

But yes. That at least was something. Of course. The more of us the better. We'll just have to show them the ropes, won't we? the thought of that, adding more like-minded blues to his circle of friendship, that did cheer the blue somewhat. True it was that he'd yet to meet another blue who wanted all the things he wanted...but maybe one of these blues, the ones that had made the same choice as him in their partner, maybe one of them would finally match him dream for dream. The idea of that, that turned the dull gray-orange of his eyes to a somewhat brighter mix of muddy brown that contained blips of orange and green both.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:29 am
Dorianus had said that entertainment was a necessary distraction, even in a time like this. Karone couldn’t help but crack a small smile. Thread might not be impressed, but maybe his skills could be useful after all. He made a mental note to look up a ranking harper as soon as possible to discuss his options.

Nodding, he listened to the other’s reasons for choosing his craft. It made sense, crafts were often a family affair, passed down through the generations. Then, mid-sip, Dorianus asked the question that made Karone choke on his drink. He did mind, and wanted to change the subject, but took another swig to still his coughing and resolutely settled back in his chair. It would do no good to refuse his new friend an answer.

“Telgar area. My father Dusiph’s hold. We lost just about everything to Thread.” He felt like he wanted to cry, but he didn’t give in to the urge, carefully controlling his expression. It was quite difficult. He suspected it had something to do with that half-empty cup in his hand. “Dusiph and Len are the only ones I’ve got left.”

”BastetAmun”

-----------------

Kratoth was fairly confused himself, not even knowing yet that there could be different kinds of love. He understood his own love for his rider, and knew that Le’x’s feelings toward Karone were strong. The image of a copper-haired boy popped into his head, courtesy of his blue brother… it sort of looked like his idea of Karone… close enough! Clever Macuith! He let out a joyous noise, almost like the honk of a certain waterfowl.

Le’x was glad to hear that C’lusi had apparently been very happy growing up at High Reaches, listening to his story with a rapt smile. Then, when his tablemate was finished speaking, he teetered on the edge and slipped off into his imagination again, absently munching bubbly pies while wondering what it would have been like to be weyrbred himself. Would he have been happy? Impressed at a young age? What color would that dragon have been? Would he have fought Thread in that first fall? Would his parents still be with him? Would he have befriended Karone when he came here as a candidate? Who would have Impressed Kratoth had Le’x Impressed earlier? Or would he have stood for years until Kratoth hatched, as C’lusi had for Macuith?

He might have sat there for a long time, with the endless possibilities to sort through, had Kratoth not made such a sudden noise. Then his dragon was standing up against his chair, the brown’s muzzle brushing against his cheek. Le’x, are you finished eating? Dear Macuith and I have such a surprise for you!

“Wha… Oh. I guess I’’m done,” he replied, looking down at his empty plate with some bewilderment. It seemed it had been full of pies just a moment ago, and now only crumbs remained. “What is it, Kratoth?”

You must come and see, the dragonet said, unwilling to give it away, lest his rider balk at the idea.

”Masterharper”

Teiha

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:17 pm
Andranis

He honestly didn't know who this rider was but the images that the little fire-lizard gave him did confirm he wasn't a native. Apparently it was some sort of bronze rider, and someone of... questionable activities? The images flashed by quickly, but of all the people to share this information with, H'sad was probably the best.

Unlike some in the Weyr, he didn't care too much about what happened outside the Weyr. He knew there were all sorts of types out there, and many unaffiliated riders. He did glance around, to see if he spotted the rider in question anywhere, but his eyes drifted back to Dr'stan, and there they lingered.

Cinonth, did you want to reach out to... whoever this one's is? And see if they need their flit back? At this point it was his turn for food. He grabbed a plate, and started piling it high with all sorts of edibles; he planned on sharing it with Dr'stan, or at least have stuff to eat throughout the night. The food wasn't going anywhere this early on.

Cinonth did reach out to Kraketh -- his enhanced abilities did allow him to read others minds, and with the flit sharing so much information, he knew well who Jacomus and Kraketh were. Well met, Kraketh. It seems as if Mine is entertaining your little miniature friend. Do you wish him back or shall he simply let the little one do as he wishes? The blue was not overly concerned by a strange dragon at the Weyr. They had guests and visitors pop in all the time. Dragons were kin, as far as Cinonth was concerned.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

BastetAmun

Zheria & gold Eveleth
Zheria's lips twitched with amusement as the bronze rider explained himself. While she did not doubt that the young man's intentions were pure, she did not believe that for a moment that there wasn't some underlying interest. Would he offer the same to others in the clutch, or was Alumet simply his chosen damsel of choice? Either way, she'd note the connection, and they would see what the future would bring. "How gallant of you," she noted, her feral smile once again upon her lips. She didn't believe for an instance that any gold rider needed to be coddled, but perhaps that was her own bias. Men had their place and purpose in the Weyr, but it should not be forgotten that it was women who ruled in High Reaches Weyr. Alumet would one day be among them, even as simply a junior weyrwoman.

Turning back to the young woman, while she did arch a brow at feeding her queen a tuber -- honestly, what was Gr'del teaching these children? Apparently nothing about dragon physiology -- she said nothing. She knew how easy it was to indulge the small ones. So Alumet had felt overwhelmed, had she? "It has been quite a busy day for everyone. Hatchings are overwhelming on their own, even without Impressing, but it's good that the two of you are comfortable. I promise I won't take up too much of your time," she added with a dip of her head, knowing full well she interrupted her talks with Dr'stan, "But I did want to make sure I was able to congratulate you on your Impression. You've earned this night, and the right to enjoy it." Even if that meant settling on the sidelines. To each their own. Zheria would be curious to see if the girl continued to prefer the sidelines, like some of the gold riders out there, or if she would embrace the opportunities afforded her. Time would tell. If nothing else, Zenobiath looked to be a maternal queen, even at such a young age. High Reaches would fare well with such a new gold. "I'ts good that your queen has a desire to look over her clutchmates, feisty as many of them appeared to be. Some golds are distant or wild themselves, but your Zenobiath seems to have more sense than that." It was true. The young queen might have the potential to grow up into a strong leader, provided she didn't remain detached from the rest. The Weyr needed queens that would be firm but welcoming to those beneath them; a gold who was too bratty could be as problematic as a gold who had no backbone or spine. Time would tell what Zenobiath wold grow into, but Zheria had hope she might follow in Uridith's footsteps.

"Good luck with your lessons, Alumet, and settling into your new role as weyrling." Her smile was genuine, and she gave a dip of her head to both Dr'stan and Alumet. She didn't have time to stay long, anyway. There were others to meet, and she did need to find Lestenna, so she might properly congratulate the woman on a successfully hatching.

Eveleth crooned encouragingly at the baby gold. I have no doubt that you will serve the Weyr well. We will be working closely together over these next few months, Zenobiath. You and yours will have everything you need to succeed, and I'm sure, you will teach yours to become as fearless as mine.

Teiha
Go ahead and let the boys reunite, if you'd like! You can just assume C'lusi and Macuith would follow.

C'lusi & Macuith

The blue all but beamed under the praise. His eyes whirled a faster happy color, even as he leaned against his chosen rider. Perhaps there was an air of smugness about him -- he was a very clever blue, after all -- but his excitement was just as palpable. I shall let you lead the way to your rider's friend, and we can be happy in their reunion! He did not need to participate in the glory of it. This was Kratoth's and Le'x's need, after all; he had only helped. Perhaps his brown brother would remember that, and perhaps then they could be friends, too. Macuith did rather want to make better friends with his siblings -- he had not missed how close some of them already seemed to be. With Xochith lost among the crowds, the little blue wanted someone to gossip with... so perhaps Kratoth wouldn't mind him sauntering along. At least for a little while yet.

With dinner having been eaten -- C'lusi had been rather ravenous -- he found himself with an empty plate far too soon. The brown haired man had a growing feeling of smugness, but he quickly realized it wasn't from his own pride, but his blue! What's got you so happy, hmm? He thought, testing whether or not his blue could hear him.

Macuith gave an emotion akin to laughter. Of course I hear you! I hear everything you think, and everything you say. We are one, Mine, and I am happy about it. You were the best among them all, and so perfect for me
Why shouldn't I be a little smug?
He avoided mentioning his plan -- he'd tell C'lusi all about it soon enough.

When Kratoth honked, C'lusi couldn't help but give a little laugh. "I may have grown up in a Weyr, but baby dragons make more funny noises than I thought." Then again, even as a weyrbred boy, it wasn't like he'd often had the opportunity to play with the babies up close or for long. Mostly, like many others, he simply watched from afar.

"Is Kratoth all right?" He asked, tilting his head. He didn't know what the brown was telling Le'x, but the other boy seemed to be having a partial conversation.

Kratoth's fine! Hurry, get up, let's go! We've got somewhere to be! Macuith practically trilled with excitement, reaching over to head butt his rider a little.

"Er..." He stood up, arching a questionable brow at Le'x. "Apparently Macuith wants to show me something." It was half an apology, half confusion. "What are you up to, silly thing?" He asked his dragon, though the love on his voice was obvious, drowning out any reproach.

You'll see! Both of you. Now come. Kratoth, are you ready? He'd follow his brother, but oh, they had to hurry. What if Le'x's friend left or moved? This was going to be great!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:22 pm
Kraketh lifted his head, eyes flashing a few colors before he looked back at Jacomus. He lowered his head, nuzzling his face into his dearest rider's embrace and caress, humming and closing his eyes.

"Is somebody talking to you?"

It is Cinonth - He is a blue of the Weyr. Tinyblue Fish is apparently using his rider as a perch. Should I call him back?

Jacomus was quiet, face pressed to his dragon's forehead. After a moment, he shook his head, "No, let him be for now. Nobody's come to bother us yet, and if we have to leave in a hurry, Fish knows where to meet us."

There was a thrum from Kraketh. Alright, J'musmine. He turned his attention directly to Cinonth, the peace of the moment remaining with him. Tinyblue Fish is fine, if we need to leave and he doesn't follow immediately, he knows where to find us. But we thank you for your concern!

On H'sad's shoulder, Fish watched the food gathering but did not touch. He was already full and content, and still concerned about the fact H'sad looked to the flit... Sad. He nuzzled into the rider's neck, sending another wave of happy emotions to try and cheer him up. He then gave a questioning chitter, as if asking why H'sad was sad and not H'glad - There were so many smallgiants around! How could anybody be sad at such a time?!

Masterharper

Strawberri Stardust
And now would be a great time for a burgeoning pirate to get a private moment with a career pirate about his own career opportunities xD

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:17 pm
It's Dancing Time!

Quote:
Feel free to have your character continue to mingle and RP. We're going to post 3 to 5 songs, depending how people feel, for your characters to dance with! You are free to keep RPing in private threads should we change the song before your writing has wrapped.

We'll let each song wrong a few days, but will change it up if it seems like things are starting to drag. Obviously, the Harpers will be playing music well into the night, so you guys can continue to RP as needed, or move things to private threads.

Additionally, think of these selected songs as played by Pernese Harpers. Disregard anything that's too "modern". We're just trying to go for something to inspire! The dancing will have a mix of fast and slow songs!

It was after the queue for food had died down that drudges and kitchenworkers moved the large tables, and cleared the dancing square. A small ensemble of Harpers -- a mix of Journeymen and Masters -- began setting up on the far end of the square. The floor was lit with lanterns, and the over all effect was warm and inviting.

The first song they jumped into was that of a fast and upbeat melody. They called it the Wherrytail Jig and was a well known among Pern. It was often a crowd pleaser due to its fast pace and happy beat; those who thought themselves too slow to keep up with the dance could clap or stamp their feet. The song itself is challenging to play for any Harper, and only the best can play it well at its fastest. Thankfully for High Reaches, they only hired the best!

Quote:
This first tune is akin to the Swallowtail Jig!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZxAVUsuE4Y < - - - This is more of the speed found in High Reaches Weyr! Just imagine this song repeated a few times, or with a few variations, to make it enjoyable for a good few turns on the dance floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEFQc2eP17k < - - - This is more of a group ensemble feel of the song, but slower than what the High Reaches Harpers would play.

Mix the two above and you might have something close to what the Harpers are playing! Grab a partner and go have fun!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:37 pm
In a corner of the banquet space, Calliope, rider of brown Thoth, clapped in time as the music started. A grin lit her face up, before she jumped up. "Come on, K'san! It's time to dance!"

"You can dance, I'm still eating!" At the table, still eating his food, sat Calliope's twin brother, K'san, rider of brown Seth. "And don't you dare say we can do a food dance, you dropped an entire small meat pie down my front last time! I couldn't get the stain out for WEEKS!"

Calliope waved her brother off, then went to find a dance partner. Surely somebody would want to dance? She clapped along to the music, grinning as her messy braid bounced.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:13 pm
Luiciand wasn’t sure how kind he was, thinking back to his conversation with Illa earlier that night. But he nodded to the baby dragon anyway, the skepticism kept from his face. Though that did make his expression rather stiff.

“Tough is good though. It means that you will be ready.” Luiciand offered. He was remembering his early, and not so far past, workouts with V’kas and the like. They never went easy on him and while he hated them for it sometimes, he also appreciated it because it meant that when the time came to use the skills he would have them.

The music shifted and dance music started. Luiciand knew how to dance decently, but was not in the mood, though he would if pressed to do so. “We really should stay in touch. Myrddin will be able to help with that I am sure.” A small almost genuine smile reached his face.

BastetAmun

DruidTigeress

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:33 pm
BastetAmun

faesinger

Cami smiled at the bronze dragon, once again taken by the wonder that this thing had been in the egg not so long ago and had been able to speak and commune with them all. Already so powerful from within its shell.. She was excited to see where he would go. Where both of them would, for that matter.

Cami nodded, agreeing with both C'ryn and Luciand. They were all still in the same Weyr after all. Even if C'ryn would be busy, she was sure they would still find time to see each other. Anyway, like he said, he needed to keep up with his archery. She didn't know if she was someone to confide in.. but she thought maybe she would like it if they talked like they had before. Out on the range. It seemed like it was a good place to say what was on your mind.

"I will," she promised. "We'll have an army of archers in the Weyr before I'm done." Even if she couldn't learn herself, at least she could still teach others. And she was grateful for that. For having something to do. Maybe then she could feel like she was actually contributing to the Weyr.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:32 pm
((sorry for taking 5ever x.x also sorry for craptastic tags :c ))

R'ey & Eleusith

R'ey smiled and nodded, piling a little more food onto his plate while offering a bit of meat to Eleusith. He felt the waves of adoration and love from the blue and smiled wider. "Somehow I don't think it'll be all that hard to get used to," he said.

Eleusith took the meat from his and hummed happily. Turning back to Monath he made a noise of agreement. Mine, too, has not eaten since last night. Clearly, it was good that their riders now had them. Otherwise who knew when they would care for themselves?

Z'yden & Sameth

Z'yden blinked at Z'rik's words, a little confused until he noticed. Laughing lightly at himself, he shook his head and smiled at the other rider. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize," he said, an embarrassed flush coloring his cheeks. He was curious but kept a tight leash on it. He didn't want to be rude. He was fairly sure he'd never met a rider with a prosthetic before. At the edge around the celebration, he could just make out the shape of his dragon laughing at him. So glad you're amused, Sameth.

Ristia & Naeth

"Oh!" Ristia grinned sheepishly as recognized the other rider. "Silly of me, apologies," she laughed. Turning to her son at his question, she nodded and then found herself lost in the progress of the conversation. She wasn't sure why she was having such problems concentrating tonight. You have not yet eaten, Mine, and the day has been full of excitement for everyone, came the ever so logical voice of her dragon.

Taysen

After finally successfully filling his plate and well on the way to filling his belly, Taysen made his way to the edges of the celebration. He ate as he moved around, taking in the scenes of happiness and those of despair. He caught one or two wistful looks from werylings who must now leave their significant others for a time. Part of him wondered what it would be like to have a dragon of his own, but he wasn't likely to Impress one of his own. Perhaps a firelizard... Despite being 'attacked' by one earlier, he thought the mini dragons could be useful for any number of things.

After another minute or so of moving around, he spotted the man from earlier. The one who'd cheated him out of fifteen marks. "Hey, old man!" he called out and made his way tot he other man...and his dragon? Clearly Taysen needed to get better at making riders. He waited until he was closer to speak again, not particularly wanting to be overheard. "I only took five off you. I want the rest back." He'd settle for ten back but the other man didn't need to know that. Bold he might be, but Taysen wasn't stupid. Most of the time. He kept an eye on the dragon, curious and a little bit in awe of the bronze.

Dea & #Teddy#
DruidTigeress
Fated Fable
Andranis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:13 pm
Strawberri Stardust
Don't be silly, they're great <3
Dea & #Teddy#

"No, no. Nothing to apologize for." he assured him, shaking his head. He felt a little bad, actually, that he didn't know the man already. There weren't so many faces in the Weyr that he had an excuse not to recognize one of them. You would think he'd only been here a few turns, not a dozen. But with no fighting wing of his own, he did tend to get wrapped up in his own little world. Often the only people he recognized were those that he had taught as weyrlings.

He was glad Zy'den didn't seem too concerned with the formalities, though. He'd rather just leave the arm off for now, as the wooden hand was heavy and somewhat uncomfortable. It was a rather niche market for prosthetics in the Weyr unfortunately, so he wasn't exactly surprised at the limited options out there.

"So.. Are you two wingmates?" he asked, trying to strike up a conversation.

I still don't like him. Azmodioth felt the need to add, despite the fact that they were getting along now. He would be watching very carefully.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:54 pm
Jacomus slowly turned, eyes narrowing. There went the calming mood. On his shoulder, Marsh flared her wings out, but otherwise made no other move. "I am NOT an old man. Not yet. Trust me, there's much older riders out there." He crossed his arms, frowning at Taysen. "And give me a reason I should give you fifteen marks back after you picked who knows how many pockets."

Kraketh watched Taysen, simply blinking. His eyes swirled in blue and green colors of curiosity, before he leaned forward to sniff. He certainly smells better than you do, J'musmine. Perhaps you could learn to bathe from him!

Despite being the only one to hear Kraketh's words, Jacomus flushed and glared at the dragon. "Oh, quiet, you!"

Strawberri Stardust

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:01 am
Demanthra/Monath and Ashlyn/Gyafrith

Demanthra had managed to see Luiciand coming over to C'ryn and she gave a soft wave to him too. She was glad that they were all talking, maybe she could get R'ey to make friends with them too. If she remembered right, the other didn't really interact with many of them when they were candidates. She managed to see C'ryn and Cami both wave at her, which caused her eyes to twinkle. She would be making sure Eidel would be getting some work keeping in touch with her candidate friends. She really wished Cami and Luiciand had impressed too, hopefully they would be right behind them at the next hatching. As the music began, her foot began to tap, but she turned to R'ey as he spoke again.

"No, she really feels like she is an extension of me now and the other way around too. I would venture to guess the same goes for you and Eleusith as well. Oh and how would the two of you like to make some new friends, while Eleusith and Monath can speak to their brother,"she suggested brightly.

It is a good thing they have us or they would forget such important things to do,Monath answered to Eleusith. She heard Cynosuth ask her questions and she had to pick Demanthra's brain on that one. She also heard Macuith complement and she crooned at that, she enjoyed being called clever. Demanthra gave her a questioning look, which Monath only gave a innocent look at that.

I think a queen is like a king, except in the female sense. Sometimes they have more power, not sure why. Well, a Weyrwoman is like a queen, that's why they are paired with gold dragons. It is kind of confusing. And thank you Macuith, I am glad I was able to help. If you need anything else, let me know,she replied to her sister, then to her brother.

Ashlyn smiled softly when Zy'den didn't seem bothered at all, but she could see he was embarrassed by not noticing. From the look of things the two guys seemed to be getting along pretty well, despite the snafu. When asked if they were wing mates, she shook her head in reply to Z'rik.

"No, he and I are in two different wings, Burning Aces being the one I am in and Trespassers for Zy'den. However, our dragons are good at getting their snouts into things and they kind of convinced us to be friends,"she admitted, a soft laugh coming from her lips.

We cannot help that we have to help you bloom, Mine. So yes, we might meddle a little. You know you love us for it,Gyafrith spoke into her mind, sending waves of love his rider's direction. She returned the favor, he was right, she loved him greatly.

DruidTigeress

Strawberri Stardust

BastetAmun

Masterharper

Fated Fable

faesinger

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:27 am
"Was glad she didn't have to." The big man grunted. While he had no doubt that Thanoth would have attempted such a thing, the thought that she might have slipped and fell... Well, it was good that V'tre had gone to her, before she'd had to do something. His rocky countenance seemed to soften slightly at the boy's somber reflection, able to relate all too well. He had been pining after the wrong dragon from the start, and to think he'd even been scornful and dismissive of his own...

Elzebuth immediately pulled back from his two siblings to firmly butt his head against G'ran's knees, his eyes whirling blue-green. You did not know. Aresoth seems impressive, but you knew that I was greater. You knew that color does not matter, and that we are so much more than we have been given.

G'ran's eyes unfocused slightly as he listened to his dragon, and his huge, calloused hands ran over the perfect, wedge-shaped head of his brown. "I know." He murmured, and at Elzebuth's insistence, reluctantly left his dragon so that he could resume eating. The food was delicious--but then again, he hadn't realized just how hungry he'd really been.

Elzebuth's eyes continued to whirl as he focused on Aurinkoth, regarding his blue brother. But don't you want it? There is nothing wrong with having things that please you, brother! He settled comfortably next to the blue and dear Thanoth, his tail tips lazily grazing over both of them as they swished here and there.

The question earned a shrug after a moment. "Better than the mines." G'ran snorted, his eyes narrowing slightly with disapproval as Ichta began to speak... only to relax with something akin to satisfaction as Aurinkoth's more vocal protest rang out. She certainly possessed good merit and spirit in shades, even if she didn't seem to realize it.

"Wanted to Impress. Didn't know if I would." A simple enough answer. He'd wanted it, especially after the Touching. He'd wanted it badly. And to think his perfect dragon had been right under his nose the whole time...

Underneath the table, Elzebuth let out a low, rumbling croon of pleasure.

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:00 am
T'at and Brown Nessuth

It didn't take him long to find the drinks and gather them all, but the man took a moment to pace. Why not give V'rind some time with her sister in arms? It wasn't until the sound of music struck that he headed back over, settling the drinks in front of her, "V'rind." It was spoken quietly, he settling to start eating. His fingers moved to trace her hand. It was a surprisingly soft gesture for T'at, a man who was usually as rough as firestone, and aggressive. Nonetheless, in this moment, he was more concerned with her than himself. He could eat for a little bit...then maybe, "Do you want to dance in a bit?" Might as well ask, right? She might enjoy it.

Alumet and Gold Zenobiath

"That you came to speak with us is more than welcome. You are hardly taking up my time, Zheria, but rather gracing me with yours." She might as well be diplomatic. Her Gold's croon was a welcome reminder that she was doing well, and her hands moved to brush headknobs again. Yes, she knew she was going to be just fine, especially with Zenobiath by her side. The two of them were brilliant, after all, and they would be the best. They would take care of all that were dear to them, and everything would be perfect, "Zenobiath and I will look after everyone, as well as ourselves. She knows as well as I that we are in a unique place to protect them and tend to the interests of the weyr." There was a croon of agreement from the hatchling dragon, as the two of them stood. Well, no sense in just sitting around.

"We are grateful for your time, and your kind words. I know I'm eager to begin Weyrling training with her, and Gold training as well. Thank you, for your well wishes." She bowed her head in return to the other, before smiling at Dr'stan, "Dr'stan...I'm going to wander around, but thank you for your greeting." She'd gathered herself now,and there was much to do. People would want to greet her.

The small one climbed to where Hers had been sitting to get a better view of Eveleth, those eyes whirling a beautiful blue-green as she spread her wings to raise on her legs. Mine and I will become as strong and fearless as any. We will be something powerful and wonderful together, I know it, and we will learn well with you and Yours.

ShinosBee

BastetAmun

Masterharper

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:01 pm
Z'yden & Sameth

Z'yden smiled, glad the other man hadn't taken offense. Ashlyn's answer prompted a quiet snort and smile from the other blue rider. "Yes, Sameth and Gyafrith enjoy pushing us to be more social." Not that he was complaining, not really. He knew Sameth just wanted what he thought was best for his rider. On the heels of that thought, he felt a wave of warm affection coming from his dragon.

Taysen

The youth simply shrugged his shoulders, though he gave the flit a wary look. "You're older than I am, thus you are an old man," he said with a smirk. He was about to answer the man's second statement when there was a rather large dragon snout coming closer to him. "Um. Hi there," he said to the bronze. Turning his attention to his rider, Taysen snorted. "Please, like you haven't picked any pockets. How else would you have been able to catch me at it?" Arching a brow, he wondered what the dragon had said to cause that reaction.

R'ey & Eleusith

R'ey popped something that looked like a mini dessert into his mouth as the music began. He looked to the area cleared for a dance floor and smiled to see his dad and stepmother swinging each other to the music. "It is exactly like that," he said and smiled, absently scratching Eleusith's eye ridges. "Oh, um, sure, I'd like that," he said. He hadn't made many friends as a candidate, but he thought he should probably change that now.

Agreed, Eleusith hummed. He was so glad his sister was so smart, he was eager to speak with more of his siblings now that his was eating.

Quote:
Agreed,
[quote="Druid Tigeress"][/quote="Dea & #Teddy#"]
Andranis
Quote:

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items