Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] A Spread for the Deck: The Tarot Clutch Feast Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:28 pm

It was somewhat later in the afternoon when the Hatching Feast was opened, for little weyrlings had their own feasts to sleep off, and the Weyrleadership was not unaware of the broken hearts that needed a moment to heal. Or at least to gain composure. Weyrsecond Y'mar of Bronze Worenth had been tasked with putting together this particular party, as D'mon seemed occupied with other matters. No doubt the threat of Thread was too close at hand to leave such things to the upper ups. So he and the Headwoman Padmia had arranged things, and he'd let D'mon and Zheria know when all was ready.

For, as always, the Weyrleaders appreciated an opportunity to make an impression. Pun entirely intended, but a private thought not to be shared with the approaching crowd. Quietly, the tall man surveyed the dining hall. Ah yes, all was as it should be, and it was time for the festivities to begin! Worenth gave a deep warble of greeting to new arrivals, welcoming them in for a night of fun, and absolutely no drinking. Not for the weyrlings, at any rate. Everyone else was more than welcome to partake, and that included the Candidates.

As for Y'mar, he was no stranger to the glass, and he selected a goblet for himself as soon as feasibly possible. Getting through the various pleasantries with the visiting dignitaries alone was worth every drop of Benden and Tillek wine that they had. For his part, he favored a good Igenese red, but he had not been consulted on the matter. Mm. Welcome, welcome... to the rest of your lives! said the large Worenth, who was more than ready to meet the children.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:33 pm

OOC notes:

1. This RP is for everyone, including people visiting from outside of the Weyr! That includes you, Jacomus!
  2. There is to be absolutely no drinking for new weyrlings, unless they wish to encounter dire consequences.
  3. No canoodling or excessive fraternizing for new weyrlings, and that includes flirting. If your rider is having pants feelings you have gone too far.
  4. We'll keep the Feast open for as long as it seems to be still running.
  5. Bring your dancing shoes and party clothes! We will have dancing later!
  6. For now we'll have socializing and eating and other festivities. The Harpers might play background music, and then later in the evening, after the feast has wrapped, will open up the dance floor and pick up the tempo.
  7. Everyone is encouraged to wear their gather best, including the weyrlings!
  8. There are large tables set up as a buffet, including various vintages of wine for all but the aforementioned!
    Schmoozing ahoy!
  9. More??
  10. This time the buffet features roasted herdbeast, a few grilled wherries, three types of soups, more than a few meat pies, spiced klah, dark klah, tubers, trays of various cheeses, and even some Telgar curry! There are trays full of imported fruits, breads, fishrolls, meat rolls, and gravies. And bubbly pies of all flavors for desert.

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:34 pm

This post is saved for posterity.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:14 pm
V'mel

"Alright, I'll have your ears before you get out there and get yourself stupid on praise and good food." V'mel's voice was like listening to gravel roll down a steep hillside, demanding attention from his rounded up throng of weyrlings. Each set of blinking human eyes was matched by whirling dragonet ones, and his almost scornful look wasn't kept from either half of any pairs. "Not a one of you, not a one will be touching any alcohol tonight, hear? I know that it feels like a day to celebrate, and it is, but you'll be morning quick enough if you think that, 'oh, no, just one couldn't hurt!' It can, and it will, and you'll officially be the person with the second-shortest tenure as weyrling at High Reaches under my watch."

The crowd was starting to gather in the hall now, and he'd have to let them loose soon. Still... "And I'll see none of you letting yourself be won over by the platitudes you're about to be offered by any visiting nobles or older riders. They know better, and I'll have words with them myself later. Especially pertinent to you, Alumet." His gaze fixed on the young goldrider like glue. "They'll be after you in droves, and as tempting as it might be, take a beat to think—if it isn't worth your new precious partner's life, then better walk away. And if any of you feel uncomfortable, or think someone might have handed you a drink, and you did something stupid and had some before you realized, come to me or one of the assistants right off."

Silence settled for a few long moments before he grunted and finally, finally! stepped out of his position blocking the doorway into the gather hall. "A final note—this celebration is for you and yours, and for the weyr. Be mindful that you are now a rider-in-training of High Reaches. Your behavior reflects upon the weyr as a whole, and if any word gets back of disrespect on your parts, you'll end the tenday unable to remember a time you weren't shoveling herdbeast s**t. Also, lessons start tomorrow at the 530 candlemark. No exceptions." And with that he turned his back, marching into the hall.

"High Reaches, I give you the weyrlings of Uridith's clutch, turn 3573."

Quote:
Weyrlings are now free to mingle and eat! Remember to keep your dragonet in sight at all times!

ShinosBee

Nerd

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:06 am
R'ey & Eleusith

R'ey was still a little dazed from the shock of his Impression, but he listened well to V'mel's warnings. If he were honest he would have been happy just celebrating with his family but the older rider was right. This was a celebration for the Weyr, too. Feeling waves of love from his new bondmate, R'ey smiled and rubbed the little blue's eye ridges. "Ready for this?" he asked. He was fairly sure they would both be attacked (with love, of course) by R'ey's family.

Eleusith's eyes whirled a happy blue. I think so! came the excited reply. The dragonet gave his new rider a look and butted his head against R'ey's hip. You won't let them keep you from eating, right, mine? R'ey had already told Eleusith about his family and the blue was worried that his would let their excitement and happiness overshadow the hungry feelings he felt coming from the weyrling. I won't, R'ey promised with a smile. He wondered how his foster brother was getting along. He chuckled a little to himself and wondered too how L'mul felt about being outnumbered in the family. Two blues and green.

Owara & Lial

Owara searched the incoming Weyrlings for the two boys she called her sons. Her youngest, and the only one she'd actually carried, held her hand tight and strained to see but at his age, all he really saw were legs. "Mama, I wanna see!" Lial complained. "You can see when we find them," Owara said and smiled softly. She'd held him for most of the Hatching and her baby was getting so big. She spotted Rhey - R'ey? - first and waved him and Eleusith over. She knew he would need to eat soon, but she wanted to meet his dragon and Ria- no, R'gan's, too. But so far she hadn't spotted her other son.
Thaliawen
R'ey, Eleusith, Owara, & Lial for L'mul and Trisa xD (and Stariath if she feels like poking in haha)

Ristia & Naeth

Ristia grinned as she waited, impatiently, for R'gan and Basanuth to appear. She was so proud of him for Impressing, and happy to have another blue in the family! Naeth chuckled in amusement at his rider's excitement. One would almost think you had Impressed a second time, came the laconic voice in her head. Hah hah, you're hilarious, Ristia replied sarcastically and rolled her eyes. Aren't you happy for him, too?

Naeth huffed as if offended. Of course I am, for him and young Basanuth, as well as the rest of Uridith's clutch. Turning his attention from his rider for a moment and zeroed in on Basanuth. Congratulations little one, and welcome to the family, he said with a smile and pride in his mental voice.
Druid Tigeress
Ristia and Naeth for R'gan and Basanuth 8'3 I figured she could snag him first and Owara and all can come after mom x3

Taysen

Following his close call on the Hatching Grounds, Taysen let out a breath and relaxed. It had been a while since someone had caught him with his fingers in their pockets, but it was still something of an adrenaline rush. And now he was starving. He'd been waiting for this feast, and the smells in the hall were making his mouth water. Oh, yes. He loved Hatchings.
Andranis
Taysen thinks he's in the clear. HAHAHA -shot-

Asheryn

With her green flit around her neck, Asheryn made her way to the feast. She felt a little better now, a little more hopeful. So her soulmate wasn't in this clutch. That was okay! She had plenty of time to find the one that would be hers. There would be other clutches, other hatchings. And until then, she had her Imori. Who was currently begging for food. "Alright, alright, let's get something to eat, yeah?" she said with a small laugh, reaching up to stroke the green's hide.

Z'yden & Sameth

Z'yden sat at one of the tables already, smiling as the new weyrlings and their dragons filed in. He was happy to see so many blues, but he was biased when it came to dragons.
Sameth preened as he felt the nature of his rider's thoughts. And for good reason. The words made Z'yden laugh quietly. You won't give them too much trouble, will you Sameth? He felt his dragon sniff and ruffle his wings. I'm not sure what you mean, mine. Z'yden almost choked on his wine. Oh, right, I believe you. Not. His dragon had a mischievous streak wider than half the continent.
Quote:
Asheryn and Z'yden are free to interact with!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:19 am
Despite every warning Kraketh had been giving him, Jacomus had stuck around the Weyr. He had a very good reason, of course - A pilfering brat had stolen his marks! They'd been earned by him with hard work!

By picking pockets.

The irony was not lost on Kraketh, but completely missed by Jacomus.

After several hours of wandering and skirting being spotted, Jacomus had accomplished at least... FINDING some small things here and there. But he had not yet found the boy that had stolen from him. As he passed a table at the feast, he nabbed a fruit from a bowl. "Where'd the little tunnelsnake go..." He bit into the fruit, pausing to look around as he chewed. When he caught the kid, he'd teach him a hard lesson about stealing from a pirate.

The smells of the roasted herdbeast reached his nose, causing his stomach to give a mighty rumble. Finishing the fruit, Jacomus quietly cursed to himself. He'd have to grab some before he left... Maybe he'd even take some wine back to his hidey-hole.

First he'd sample some of what they had to offer. Mindful to now keep from being distracted, he grabbed a bottle and a plate and leaned with his back against a wall, watchful eyes scanning the crowded hall for the boy he'd mistook for simply jostled or ill.

Strawberri Stardust

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:47 am
V'Kenti was prompt as always and was one of the first to arrive at the feast. Sure he wasn't much for the social aspect of them but he knew he probably needed to make an appearance for Takarath’s sake, who would have likely attended no matter his rider. It was to be a very proud feast for the bronze, all the hatchlings had impressed and for his first clutch he knew it was something to be celebrated. V'Kenti stood out of the way and unless someone was actively looking for him they might overlook him completely, if it weren't for the very proud bronze next to him. V'Kenti leaned idly against him, a cup of spiced klah in his hand. He refrained from the food as to allow the new weyrlings their fair share.

Takarath sat proudly next to his unsocial rider, at least he had gotten him there! It was, after all, go celebrate his children. The bronze’s tail flicked happily but made sure it wouldn't hit any passers-by. Those close enough to him would see his eyes swirling blue and green and a quiet hum emanating from him, he couldn't be happier. All this was possible because of he and Uridith and he himself wouldn't forget. Taka was glad V'Kenti was always prompt as it meant he got to deep the first of the new weyrlings find their way into the feast. <Congratulations, Eleusith, for finding yours!

”Strawberri Stardust”
Takarath @ Eleusith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:10 am
Mine! You look lovely and wonderful! It is fine, it is fine! There is no need to worry! There is only time for celebration and food! Was there any thought of Aurinkoth's that wasn't laced with excitement and happiness at any given time? While Ichta wasn't one to often clean herself up for any reason (even her appearance at The Hatching hadn't been a long venture), there was a single dress in all of her possessions for such an occasion. For a woman who usually wore red, seeing her in green was quite the change, and she allowed her hair to fall braided - barely tamed - over a shoulder as the blue lead the charge.

V'mel's words were listened to with serious attention, the young woman nodding along as they were all warned; the activities that fell into the range of 'hedonistic' were now off limit. Not that any such things had ever really interested the young woman. Are you sure? It had been a private thought, but perhaps nothing would be private anymore. Aurinkoth's gentle intrusion made her look down at him. He looked back up at her with whirling blue and green eyes - would they ever be any other color? Elzebuth's gave you strange feelings. I'm not sure what those are, but I can put them aside as needed. It will be fine. She didn't sound convincing and in fact, Ichta herself was not convinced.

But she wouldn't allow herself to worry over it immediately as they were released. Mostly because her stomach was asking for food, and Aurinkoth had commented on the empty feeling no less than twice as they'd made their way to the feast.

Finding a seat wasn't too difficult, and while she'd been inclined towards a mellow soup, the blue lingering at her side stared transfixed at something else on the table. What is it? The slight flecks of purple in his eyes were usually (well, a few hours was hard to pinpoint) for her alone. What are those? Ichta followed his gaze before reaching out to pluck one of the thin skinned fruits off of the table. Aurinkoth followed her motions and nosed at it as she presented it to him. Fruit. This one is mildly sweet and very juicy. I....do you want to try some? Was it safe to feed fruit to a baby dragon? Maybe just a small piece. Aurinkoth hummed and shifted eagerly, staring at the fruit transfixed. May I? Oh please, I want to try it.

Without a word, she began to peel it, and Aurinkoth watched, enraptured. Ichta was almost jealous. Almost.The skin removed, Ichta carefully cut the slightly-soft flesh into pieces before turning back to her bonded. Aurinkoth's eyes followed the chunk in her hands. Unlike with the meat, Ichta offered this gently with an open palm. It was gone nearly immediately, the blue noshing on it thoughtfully with a hum. Then he made a soft honking-bugle noise at the young woman. Oh. OH. Mine, That fruit is wonderful? May I have more? it was nearly a plea and Ichta nodded, passing off another piece.

Aurinkoth would have been handed off the entire fruit before Ichta even touched anything to eat for herself.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:24 am
Nadry had been immensely relieved to have time, every bit as tired as Menankith after the events of the Hatching, though much of her exhaustion was emotional.  The pair had curled up together - she had a strong compulsion to be in direct contact with him all the time, as though without that physical connection he would just disappear and she would wake to find that it had all just been a dream - and slept hard. She'd never been so tired in all her life.

It had all started with the Touching when she had laid hands on his shell and offered habitual politeness, expecting pleasantries like those she had exchanged with the other eggs, but instead he had lifted her up all while stripping her down and shaking her to her core, because suddenly she knew the source of all her barely-realized discontent.  In hindsight, it seemed stupidly obvious, but they were dots she would never have connected on her own, at least not for a long time and after Faranth knew what kind of trials.  After that, she'd had a full sevenday to dream that he was hers...and dread that he was not, for if so, how would she ever find those glimpsed heights again alone?  Then had come the Hatching, and her first experience of real danger, real fear...and of being protected from and supported in the face of it by her friends.  And then Menankith, perfect brown Menankith, had come to her.  She would never be alone, never without someone to believe in her.

It had only been this morning, but already everything that was before felt like another life.  It had been so strange, upon waking, to get ready for the feast.  Fix her hair, pick out her best clothes, ensure that she was immaculately put-together in soft pinks and yellows and quite unlike this morning, thrown together in a desperate hurry.  Menankith had been curiously, adorably interested in the entire process, and ever-so-helpfully plucked a necklace out of the very bottom of her trunk for her.  It was simple and inexpensive, just leather and polished blue and brown stones, but her brother Rykin had given it to her.  He was, coincidentally, probably the only person in her family who would speak to her again now that she had done something so unconventional as Impress a brown dragon. It didn't go with her outfit, but she put it on anyway.

As they arrived at the feast - punctually, of course - Nadry listened carefully to the Weyrlingmaster's instructions.  She had never had a drop of alcohol in her life, so continuing that awhile longer would be no hardship.  Mention and smell of food, however, did have her stomach rumbling, and she flushed and glanced around, hoping no one but Menankith had heard that.  Everything looked delicious, and she could almost hear her mother's voice in her head, cautioning her about how much of what to eat - you're already plain, don't get fat and make it worse for yourself.

I think I want a bubbly pie, she shared defiantly with her dragon.  But first, she had friends to find, and not just Ichta and G'ran.  Would the other boy and the injured girl from the Sands be here?  She wanted to make sure they were alright, and finally find out their names.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:50 am
Alumet and Gold Zenobiath

She'd been told that she would be getting a lot of attention, but since the day before, when Zenobiath had come for her, she'd only had eyes for her little one. V'mel's speech to the Weyrlings fell on ears that were only attentive because she was anxious, fingers playing with the delicate headknobs on her precious Gold's head. Zenobiath looked up, eyes whirling a soft yellow-green as she listened to her beloved's racing thoughts, Do not worry, beloved. We are beautiful, and you will stun anyone that cares to talk to you. And Your Zenobiath will be right here beside you. A smile lit her face, and she glanced down as she was reprimanded, reminded that many would seek their favor tonight, I know, dear heart. You and I, forever. The two of them were two halves of a whole. Laying beside her for a moment had been enough to leave her feeling refreshed, and now in a beautiful dress that accentuated every inch of her figure, well. She looked like a Queen's rider, especially with her golden hair loose about her shoulder, and everything in place. She looked the part, and that was the point. The two of them slid in with the other Weyrlings, and her eyes immediately sought her mother. Maybe she could get to the woman before anyone else bothered her....?

Masterharper

Seikih

She could feel the starry-hide dragon crooning behind her, eyes up and over all the people around them so that she could see. The moment Kath had heard about a clutch, she'd gotten excited, and now the green was oggling the hatchlings from their place near the back. Lithe fingers stroked a long neck, head shaking. Seikih looked much as she normally did, with her hair in its braid, her rider's clothes only a little nicer to make a good impression for a hatching feast. She honestly wouldn't BE here if Kath hadn't insisted. At the first sight of the children, she had to keep the dragon from bugling her joy, forcing Kath to settle for a squeak as she looked up at her, Can't you be calm for even a second? True, they had only been out of Weyrling training for a short time, but still. The 17 year old rider had her pride. MINE, there are HATCHLINGS! It's a time for joy and happiness~ Look at them all, so pretty!!

T'at

He had decided to stay near V'rind, mostly because after their night the day after the flight, he'd found himself a bit enamored of her. The brownrider was content to hang ever so slightly behind her, glancing once or twice at his beautiful Brown who was watching everyone and everything, anxiously. TRUE, this was a feast, it was a party, and fun, but they still had not been accepted in to the weyr. Well, despite the fact His had apparently decided that V'rind was someone he wanted to stick around for.

ShinosBee

E'ion

Ah, to see his Candidates become Weyrlings. This was the moment that E'ion adored more than anything else, his eyes lighting up. Ah, but they'd all done so well. His fingers moved to tuck some of his hair back, noting for a moment that even Araeth couldn't grumble too much at the fact that there were now hatchlings mililng about with their riders. It was such a wonderful occasion, one that brought a smile to his lips. True, he was still struggling against the fact that he and Roknhin hadn't managed to reconcile...but...well. He had to pretend. This was a joyous occasion.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:22 am
Listening to the speech, C'ryn had his back straight, his eyes forward watching as the hall filled. His mother and father had surprised him with brand new clothing for the gather and he was currently sporting them. The most eye catching piece of his new wardrobe was the vest he wore over his tunic, a beautiful bronze color that matched the hide of his Aresoth. Pride was something that C'ryn felt in droves at this moment, there had always been a worry deep down that he would never impress, now he didn't have to worry about that at all.

We will strive to be the best now. To show the weyr what we can do. Aresoth's words got a quick nod from C'ryn as V'mel finished his speech. Yes, he was a bronze rider but in his eyes just being a bronze rider did not gain him the position he wanted. He would have to climb and prove himself to get there and he planned to do that. With Aresoth at his side, they could and would take on the world.

His eyes couldn't help but glance at Alumet and Zenobiath. Was the need to guard and protect from him or Aresoth, he didn't know but all those thoughts were soon out of his mind when they walked into the gather hall and he felt a powerful hand fall upon his shoulder.

"I knew you could do it." The pride that was beaming at him from A'dras face, his father made C'ryn's chest swell. He always wanted his father to be proud of him, but now he didn't want to strive to be like his father, he wanted to be so much more. His father was just a wingrider, even though there was nothing wrong with that. The older man had never really wanted to go any further then where he was. C'ryn on the other hand wanted more, did he feel like he deserved it just because he was now on a bronze? No. Glory awaited him and Aresoth and they would show that they earned it because they were good enough, not just because Aresoth was bronze.

"He really is a beauty." Branwyn's voice came next as she knelt down to look at Aresoth. C'ryn watched as his mother ran her hands lovingly over the bronze's head, earning a soft trill of a purr from his deep chest. The attention would go to anyone's head, but this was family they were going to give praise no matter what. After the touching, C'ryn was glad he had impressed, glad that Aresoth had found him, though the events at the touching now made a lot of sense.

"C'ryn." A'dras voice, using his new name, brought C'ryn back to the here and now. His father was looking over the other weyrlings, his eyes lingering upon the gold. He had noticed how close the bronze and gold had been. "The gold weyrling, as a bronze, and the only bronze in the clutch, stand beside her. There is no need to protect her, unless it is asked for, but...well..." C'ryn just nodded as his father trailed off, he knew his dad was never one for words, he wasn't very good at them.

We will stand by Alumet and Zenobiath, C'rynmine. Zenobiath will need the help we can provide to take care of my siblings and help them stay safe...even from themselves. Aresoth's eyes had moved to watch his siblings, noticing that Aurinkoth seemed to be eating fruit. This caused the bronze's eye ridges to rise some in worry.

They will be alright mine. The deep voice of Gareth resonated through A'dras, C'ryn and Aresoth, with the little bronze turning his head to look at the larger one. Gareth leaned his head down towards them, nudging the little guy who was now apart of this small family. Because C'ryn had been born from a flight between him and Delyth he had always viewed him as one of his own and Aresoth was not going to be any different.

A'dras let out a booming laugh now, removing his hand from C'ryn's shoulder. "Go. Mingle and eat. You must be hungry and need the food." He didn't have to worry about C'ryn drinking or trying to drink, the boy would take V'mel's warnings to heart after all.

With a nod of his head, C'ryn moved off towards the buffet with Aresoth trailing behind.

Quote:
Had C'ryn and A'dras all at once because it's easier. Feel free to come up and talk to either of them!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:06 am
Ellain and Varionnith

Ellain felt like a stranger among the crowd. She didn't have parents waiting to congratulate her, she didn't have much of a formal wardrobe, and she didn't spend her time attending feasts, though she had definitely cooked and cleaned for them. Her role was usually to be in the background, a shadow getting things done for other people. She certainly wasn't used to being a guest to such a thing. How was she supposed to act? She looked around at the other new weyrlings, her eyes pleading for rescue.

Her simple but clean dress felt like a heavy blanket on her as she listened to V'mel's instructions. She wasn't sure if she was even feeling up to eating, nonetheless sneaking a drink. Her stomach rolled and she wished she was back in her quarters. While Varionnith had slept, she had slept too... and had woken up with the dragonet nestled up against her side, completely covered by her blanket. Ellain wished that she could still be there, content just to get to know Varionnith better. The dragonet was a cheerful one, ready to learn and take on the world, and Ellain planned to teach her.

Oh mine, why are you so worried? Everyone is paying attention to us, isn't it great? Varionnith said, her thoughts oozing excitement. Even though she was a green, she held her head high and practically strutted whenever she moved. She was just as great as her sister Zenobiath, if not better!

I don't like it. I'd rather be in the kitchens, away from this place.

Please, mine, it looks like fun. Don't make us leave, the dragonet replied, her eyes as big as she could make them. She didn't take them off Ellain as she pleaded.

We won't leave... yet, Ellain mentally sighed. Oh, how she wished she could skip the celebrations, though. Or have someone rescue her from this obligation.

(( Someone feel free to rescue Ellain from her awkwardness~ ))  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:46 am
G'ran had listened to the instructions of their Weyrlingmaster with respectful, if stony silence, taking in everything so he would not be the deadglow who stepped out of line. No drinking. Carry yourself with pride. Do not disappoint your Weyr. He had no issue with the first of these rules, but the second two... There was no family waiting to greet him or congratulate him. G'ran did not have any fine clothes--certainly none befitting a monumentous occasion such as this. As it was, he was dressed extremely plain, wearing the first shirt that Ichta had repaired and mended for him. They were not dirty or stained, but he was painfully aware that he was lacking.

Lacking? Elzebuth's tone was incredulous, almost offended. You are mine. You will have fine clothes and pretty things! We will rise above what people expect us to be! We will not stay down simply because we are supposed to! The fervor of his tone took G'ran aback, and he paused to kneel before his dragonet. Elzebuth butted his head against him fiercely, his eyes swirling with rich purples as he crooned. Trust me. I will never let you down. There was no deception in the warmth and love that flowed from the large brown, and G'ran hugged him fiercely. "You're right. Just not used to all of this." He muttered, getting back to his feet.

It was time to mingle. Steeling himself, G'ran awkwardly moved into the gather hall, horribly aware of how many eyes were on him. Elzebuth leaned against his thigh, humming quietly and sending reassurances. The big man straightened unconsciously, trying to look confident and capable. Instead, he simply looked as though he was ready to throttle something. The sight of the buffet reminded him he needed to fill his belly, but he wasn't quite ready to wade through so many people.

Ellain caught his eye, looking as uncomfortable as G'ran felt. Elzebuth saw this as an opportunity, coaxing his rider closer while he addressed the green. Varionnith! You and Yours look lovely~ We are all worthy of being admired, aren't we?

Mentally blanching, G'ran forced himself to address the green's rider, even as he tried to search for Ichta or Nadry. "Never been to somethin' like this. ...Don't know if I like it." He paused, eyeing her uncertainly. "...You okay?"

ChaosTheories

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am
Lestenna & Uridith

Lestenna, of course, was not the Weyrwoman of High Reaches. She wasn't even the Jr. Weyrwoman. Just another goldrider, though saying 'just' another goldrider seemed almost silly. That would be like saying she wasn't THE queen, just A queen. She was still at the top of the pile, and today? Today even more so. Uridith had done impeccably well, and though some of the hatchlings had made...unusual choices (most notably the one strapping brown that had chosen a girl, Nadry, she'd been told) on the whole they seemed a healthy bunch. No deaths on the sands, and what injuries there had been had been minor, done either to the dragonets between themselves or to a few girls who had remained candidates. As sad a truth as it was, the impairment or loss of an unbonded, untried few of the throng that made up the potentials...it was about the smallest, least important loss in the weyr's eyes. And that was how she felt about it.

The clutch had produced only the one bronze, which was a shame, but it had chosen the son of another bronzerider, and Lestenna had met C'ryn before. A fine enough choice indeed, drama at the touching aside. A gold had been shelled as well, and wasn't she just the spitting image of her mother's temper and behavior? No, perhaps the clutch was not in fact perfect, but it was good enough that no one would find fault with it, or with her gold. It had, after all, been critical that her first clutch at the new weyr prove their value.

She'd been pleased to see that V'kenti had come along. She could understand his feelings about such things as the feast, but also knew by now that his sense of duty, if not pride in Takarath, would overrule his own desires. Ever the accountable, dependable one, V'kenti. While Uridith herself was curled just slightly away, looking on with pride and sorrow as her hatchlings came parading into the area, Lestenna had perched herself beside the bronze's rider, and reached out to place a hand on his side. "Well done, I say again. You and Takarath have proved your worth this day, more than you had already. A very respectable contribution." Her words were all business, and the casual onlooker might wonder at the purely cordial relationship they seemed to exude. For Lestenna, at least, feelings were not part of the public domain, and thus not to be put on display. Not that she'd developed such things anyway, of course.

nilah44

V'rind & Krahsujunth

So V'rind had developed a bump. A lump. A barnacle, or maybe a tumor. It wasn't attached to her so much as it seemed to be...well, attached to her. Most days she seemed to vacillate between mild frustration and predatory pleasure over the whole situation with T'at. They'd both been more than honest with each other since That Time, and she did find it refreshing to have found someone that she could be completely, brutally open with. But frankly he was still a bit of a p***k when it came right down to it. Their 'tumble' (though gracious but that was a gentle way to think about it) hadn't been the last they'd had in the few months between flight and hatching, and it'd been shardingly lovely to wake up aching and worn whenever she liked. She'd thought about it a while, and then she'd thought some more, and she was still thinking, and he was still following.

You may as well stop thinking about it and just accept him into your weyr properly. Then maybe I can have a moment's peace from your constant worrying. The cloudy blue grumbled from where he was sprawled, pointedly as far around the gathering from the golden Uridith as he could manage to get and still be 'part' of the party. The blue had managed to put his upset about the flight aside, but seeing the hatchlings shelled—knowing he would probably never father any himself—had renewed the blue's despair, and he was pouting quite fiercely.

V'rind, of course, opted to ignore the blue, as well as what felt like a pending decision she would just have to make at some point, and instead began to scan the crowd of new weyrlings. "There was another bluerider, I mean, a girl one. At least one," She commented over her shoulder to her ever-present shadow. "Wanna find her, let her know if she needs help with things that she isn't the only one around." She'd prominently dressed in proud blue leathers, her rider's knots fully displayed without an ounce of shame. Ah! there was one. She took a step, paused, and turned back just long enough to grab T'at by the shirt and yank him along with her. "Stop worrying. It's just a feast, and no one's going to bother your brown or try to kick you out, T'at."

She did release him in time to arrive next to Ichta, smiling down at the little blue at her side. "He's a handsome one!" She thrust a hand forward, perhaps coming on a bit strong, but that was really just her nature. "I'm V'rind, of blue Krahsujunth. Just wanted to congratulate you, since sometimes folks can be a bit hidebound about colors around here. You ever need a sympathetic ear, our weyr's on the southwest wall of the bowl, alright?"

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

demon_pachabel

V'tre & Thanoth

It had been a roller coaster for the youngest, least expecting weyrling. He'd been back and forth so many times between fear and loss and utter elation, that when Thanoth begged him to lie down to rest with her he hadn't needed to be asked twice. He'd fallen into a deep sleep, and woken feeling a new man entirely. One of the benefits of a wild imagination, and the elasticity of youth, was that he was already adapting. There'd been a brief fright upon waking, as Thanoth slept so still and breathed so shallow that he was certain that somehow the dragonet had died and not betweened, but his panic had jolted the green awake with wide, confused eyes. They'd both had a good laugh about it after, and both felt even more keenly aware of how fitting their match was, which went a long way to bury V'tre's lingering fears about having 'stolen' a hatchling.

He'd been right up front when V'mel gave his speech, hanging on every word as if it was law. He had no background knowledge of hatchling care, but he had a head for details, and he committed the rules to memory.

The smell of the feast and the rising mood in Thanoth lifted him higher and higher and higher! He'd almost forgotten all his upset, awash purely in the revelry of being celebrated and celebrating his new life, when he spotted his mother, and Nebbi and her father, across the feasting area. Then it was like someone had cut the strings to his balloon, and he'd come tumbling down. He'd meant to try to find R'am or R'gan or maybe even that other girl who'd been picked from the stands, but instead he just took hold of Thanoth's extended wing joint, and did his best not to run to meet his family, fighting back sobered tears. 'Make the weyr proud', V'mel had told them. He was pretty sure riders didn't cry. And he was definitely sure that if he started crying, Nebbi would too. And he was already leaving her, he didn't want to hurt her more than he was already.

DruidTigeress

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:24 am
That's enough for now, Perfectmine! Aurinkoth was still chewing on the last piece of fruit he'd been offered, and while he looked to the rest interestedly, more of his siblings had started filtering in with theirs and they were suddenly much more interesting than food in his already-full belly. That and he could feel the pang of hungers that weren't his own. He looked over the table, trying to identify the foods as Ichta thought them over. Eat what you like best mine! It is a celebrating time and will you not celebrate us by eating the best? he asked, again squirming eagerly as he watched Ichta carefully exchange plates and bowls around with others who were seated.

Even for what she liked best, Ichta had chosen modestly. Soup, bread, a fruit she sliced up for herself, and some sort of roasted meat.

Everything settled, the young woman fortunately had nothing in hand to startle out when she was approached by what looked to be a rider proudly boasting herself in shades of blue. A wonderful color mine! The best! Aurinkoth thrummed, looking up at V'rind. And she has wonderful judgement! A great friend for my perfect mine! Ichta reached down with a hand to rest it on the top of the blue's head. The other took the hand offered out to her.

"Thank you," her voice was soft, but fortunately unintimidated by V'rind's forcefulness, "he's wonderful. I'm Ichta of..." it was in that moment it sunk in. She was of a dragon. She was going to tell somebody else that wasn't lost in the moment with her that she, a little weaver, was of a dragon now. "Ichta of Aurinkoth. I'll keep you in mind if I ever need it I..." she looked down at Aurinkoth who thrummed up at her, eyes whirling with blue and green and purple. The love that only a dragon would give. "I know I'll have a lot of support in the bad times, at least."

There are not bad times, mine. Only hard ones. And I will be here to help you keep your smile and all will be well.

ShinosBee

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces