Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] Gunning For You (Garand + Flydra) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yamashii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i've got you in my sights

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:49 pm
She'd been watching him for about an hour now. The blueblooded boy meandered around the dusty city but she wasn't sure what he was searching for. It was starting to wear on her trying to crack the secrets behind who he was. Scorpa had a continued interest in the boy but Flydra could not for the life of her figure out why she kept calling him the wrong name. Was it some kind of inside joke? How could Scorpa have inside jokes that she didn't know about?

She needed to get to the bottom of this 'Garand'.

"What are you looking for?" She took a step behind him, uncomfortably close. It did not seem to bother her if he jumped away. She kept an eye out for his lusus. The tealblood didn't fancy getting attacked by it plus Scorpa would love her more if she could kidnap it and bring it back to her.

KitsuneAura

Yamashii

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:07 pm
Garand wasn't really sure where to start looking. It wasn't generally hard to find weapons in Chittentown, of course, but what he was looking for wasn't technically a weapon at all, was it? At least, not one that might be lethal at all excepting very specific circumstances. The market was much more likely to make a beetle on the real deal than what amounted to a practice run of the thing, so he wasn't having much luck at all.

The sound of a voice so close behind startled him. He jumped forward another step and whirled to face whoever it was, Pan gearing up for a pounce from his shoulder. A second later they were both easing up, recognizing the tealblood. She was an odd one, but he didn't think she was a threat, and now that he'd had a chance to register what she'd said it was only a pretty normal question. Being a bit strange was probably just part of the deal, being so close to someone like Scorpa.

"Doctor," he greeted with a nod. Then, figuring it couldn't hurt to have a hand in the search. "Pan and I are looking for a BB gun. For practice."

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:59 pm
"A BB gun. I see." Flydra supposed she had never seen Garand with a projectile weapon before. Perhaps he was trying to start up a new hobby. Or was he interested in doing his duty and preparing for his military career? How wonderful. More trolls ought to show an interest in training their battle skills for the sake of the Queen.

"I have been to a weapons shop around here before. We will look there." She nodded her head in a direction to indicate he was to follow. There were better shops in Civisect, naturally, but upon occasion she had been to Chittentown to look for cheap materials and ammunition. She couldn't spend all of Lorata's beetles carelessly. The seadweller stayed rich by making smart investments, not by buying every whimsy that came in front of the sirens.

"Bolts and Bullets, this is the place. It sells hardware as well." The sign out front was rusted and askew but everything visible through the windows looked carefully organized and shiny. It was one of the reasons Flydra liked this place despite the inferior quality of products to the ones back home. It was meticulously categorized to be easy to browse.

"I think the guns are towards the back." This made it harder for them to be shoplifted. She pointed towards the selection, letting Garand go first to take a look. There were bound to be a few options, some new and some previously owned. It looked like there were a decent selection of water pistols too and she pondered buying some for her girls.

KitsuneAura

Yamashii

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:14 pm
"I didn't think you were from around here?" Garand wasn't turning down the suggestion, of course, but he was curious to how she'd come to find it. Because frankly, even just a glance through the window made it clear to the blueblood that it was exactly his kind of place. Even if they didn't have exactly what he was looking for (or could afford), he made a note to spend more time here in the future. He had a lot of projects to work on, and there were a lot of supplies laid out here that he could use.

He moved on ahead at Flydra's direction once they'd stepped in, content to leave a more thorough exploration of the front of the shop for later. As he reached the back, however, he stopped in his tracks again to peer up at the guns. The moment stretched on as he looked, and then Pan poked his cheek and he blinked.

"Ah, right." He looked round for any signs or watchful shopkeeper. There were a couple that looked like they might be what he wanted, but a closer look would be nice. "Are we allowed to handle them?"

Yamashii

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:46 pm
"Hmm." Flydra wasn't sure if they were allowed to pick up the guns and shoot them around. It seemed like a bad idea to let customers touch them in case filthy lowbloods tried to hold the shopkeeper at gunpoint to loot the place. But hey, this was Chittentown, maybe the owner was packing their own weapon already anyways. It was a crowed dangerous dirty town.

"Excuse me, clerk, my..." She motioned at the troll sitting bored at the counter, chewing a piece of SnakAttack BlueBullet Raspberry flavor gum. "My companion would like a look at this. It's alright, isn't it?" The two of them were midblood and highblood, surely the shop would allow them to do as they pleased. Her voice was quiet but still managed to drip with a veiled threat.

Not really caring much, the clerk nodded and waved a hand towards the back of the shop where a door lead outside to a small practice range. They then went back to reading and flipped a page in their magazine.

"It appears to be fine. Come, Gargle, let's try it out." She was still confused by what his name was seeing as Scorpa seemed to call him something different every time. Opening the door, she allowed him to go through and start shooting.

KitsuneAura

Yamashii

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:56 pm
Garand turned to watch the brief exchange between Flydra and the clerk. There'd been something in her voice that had seemed almost threatening, there, but before he could decide how he felt about that in particular, the clerk had lifted a hand to wave them on as if they didn't have a care in the world. Garand turned his attention back to the bb gun, carefully retrieving it from the rack now that he had permission.

As he was turning back towards Flydra to speak, she beat him to it. Immediately his mouth snapped back closed and he came to a stop though she was moving ahead. Gargle. She'd called him Gargle. The feeling welling up in his chest could have been irritation or resignation or absolute despair. It was hard to tell, from time to time.

Pan squeaked from his shoulder and Flydra was still holding the door open for him, so Garand shook his head and continued forward to cross the threshold into the practice range. For a few minutes, he looked over the gun, made sure it was in working order as best as he was able to tell, carefully loaded it. When he lifted it to his shoulder, Pan skittered to his other side, cheering him on. He paused again, lowered it, and turned his head to look at the tealblood.

"Garand." There was a note of hope in it. "It's actually Garand."

Yamashii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:31 pm
"I see. Tell me something else as well," Flydra nodded absentmindedly at his correction, the words seeming to pass in one ear and out the other. She trailed her fingers down the end of the weapon before grabbing it fiercely in one hand and ripping it away from him.

She was between him and the door with nothing but the gun between them.

"What are your intentions with my moirail, Scorpa? It's clear that you seem to know each other somehow." She aimed it at his face. It was clear by the look in her eyes that this was less of a threat and more of a test. Now that they were official, she was going to work a lot harder to protect her dear precious yellowblood. It was the way the world worked after all, wasn't it? Threatening a blueblood was not the greatest plan, seeing as Flydra was a caste below them but Lorata detested them so much that Flydra had started to treat them poorly as well. Anything to keep up with her princess.

"Speak up, Grapes." Or whatever he'd just called himself.

KitsuneAura

Yamashii

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:17 pm
Garand took a half step back, hand flying to the hilt of his machete and freezing there as the gun leveled with his face. The other hand went up, placating. Pan tensed on his shoulder, silent and alert. The BB gun, they both knew, might have been less dangerous than the real deal, but at this range that difference didn't matter as much. Whether she knew that, or cared, was another story.

"I don't have any intentions for your moirail," he said, keeping his voice level, and then paused and blinked slowly. "Well, none beyond wanting her to get my name right one of these days." What was it she was looking for here? The reason they knew each other? She couldn't honestly think he was a threat to Scorpa, could she? They really were a match all bundled up in the same kind of crazy.

"She ran into me at the Harvest Festival, thought I was someone else. Mentioned that door out in the desert, the one we met at? I told her I wanted to help investigate. You know the rest." Short, simple and to the point. Surely she couldn't find a fault to that. His eyes slid down to the barrel before lifting back to meet hers again. "We done here?"

Yamashii

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:54 pm
"Hmph, I see. So it is simply a work relationship on your end." Flydra lowered the gun but her eyes continued to scan his face as if searching for a weakness. "She likes you quite a bit." It was not really Flydra's place to give out this information but she did anyways. Garand was both interesting and irritating in that she could not read him very well. She handed the gun back to him. If he shot her in retaliation, she could care for her injuries. Pain didn't bother Flydra much.

"Don't hurt her or we will have to revisit this conversation." It was unfortunate that Scorpa was foolish enough to give out parts of herself to bluebloods that could later be used to hurt her or make a fool of her. Flydra did not trust Garand or Static quite yet, especially after hearing Lorata's stories of failed relationships with other blues. Static appeared to be a flustered muscle-head at least. Garand was harder to pin down.

"I apologize for the threat. The things we do to protect our precious things, you know?" She nodded her head towards the targets on the practice range to shift his attention away long enough to sweep this all under the rug.

KitsuneAura

Yamashii

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:34 pm
Garand reached out warily to take the gun back, but otherwise didn't move from his spot. Soon enough he had it held between them again, the barrel pointed towards the ground but clearly able to snap back up without a moment's notice. He was no more interested in shooting her than it seemed she had actually been, but that didn't mean he was willing to let her out of his sight again for now.

"Understood," he said in short response to the threat, and then after another moment he nodded his acceptance of her apology. "She's lucky to have someone so eager to protect her." He didn't like that he'd been threatened for it, but he definitely respected that. Crazy or not, that was honorable. He drew in a breath, deciding, and then opened his mouth. Whatever he'd been about to say sputtered out as he backtracked over what she'd said again.

"Wait a minute. She likes me?"

Yamashii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:29 pm
Flydra turned to look at him blankly as if confused as to why he was asking.

"Yes, isn't it obvious?" Perhaps she had been wrong about his observational skills. Or maybe he was clueless about relationships. The tealblood made a small smirk at his bewilderment. It seemed there was more fun to be had with Garand. She kept her place between him and the door to prevent escape.

"Why, what do you think of her?" It was clear that the answer ought to be a positive one. After all, Flydra thought the world of Scorpa, enough to regard her as her moirail!

KitsuneAura

Yamashii

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:33 pm
Garand's patient nature certainly paid off when it came to giving answers that needed to be well thought out. Thankfully this meant he wasn't likely to trip up and say anything particularly negative about the yellowblood to her moirail, even if she was one of most frustrating people he'd ever met. That patience, however, did not keep the doubt off his face at all. In the end he simply shook his head.

"She likes Pan, not me." The lusus shifted from one shoulder to the other, still watching Flydra closely. "You know she doesn't even remember my name." Another thoughtful pause, another flicker of confusion. "Is she doing that on purpose?"

Yamashii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:45 pm
She couldn't really say he was wrong or right. Flydra sweated nervously. The boy was asking questions she could not answer and she did not like that. Especially since they were ones she ought to know seeing as she was Scorpa's moirail.

"You'll have to ask her yourself." She reached down to aim the gun at the practice range in an effort to steer the conversation away from dangerous territory.

"The more you meet with her, the likelier it is she'll get your name right. Scorpa is careless with acquaintances but excellent with contacts, if that makes sense." Unless it was worth her while to remember who you were, Scorpa just didn't. It was something that Flydra found a little odd but couldn't really argue for or against. Just a different way of living.

"Go on, try the gun."

KitsuneAura

Yamashii

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:39 pm
From the very brief grimace on Garand's face, it was clear asking Scorpa wasn't something he particularly wanted to do. He tensed as Flydra reached for the gun again, but allowed it to be moved back towards the range when he realized she wasn't attempting to take it from him again. It wasn't so easy, taking his eyes off her, but Pan gave a little squeaked reassurance at last, so he turned his focus on lining up the sights while his lusus kept an eye out.

"I suppose it does." There, that felt about right. With the gun settled against his shoulder, he drew in a breath and let it out slow, the way the trolls in the shows were always saying was supposed to keep your aim steady. He squeezed the trigger. With a little frown at having missed the target, he took aim again.

"How long did it take for you?"

Yamashii

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas