Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Don't I Know You? (E'ion & Anneila)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:44 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Anneila walked back through the Weyrbowl of one of her old haunts, heading for the exit. Though once welcome and familiar here, she had been avoiding the Weyr since the return of thread. It wouldn't do to be snatched up by some uppity gold before she could finish her research. Some people just didn't understand the bigger picture.. No, Xaroth was waiting a safe distance away, but Anneila wasn't going to pass up saying goodbye to her son. Right now, she was just the mother of a candidate, nothing more. Nothing to see here...

As she walked towards the entrance of the Weyr, however, she spotted someone who might blow her cover. Shells! What was he doing here? Last time she saw him, he was in Western. A little more than nine turns ago. Which she had a very specific reason for knowing. She bit her lip, hesitating. Err.. That was something she'd been meaning to get to, wasn't it?

"Hello Stranger!" she called across to him cheerfully. She couldn't even remember his name! Or maybe she had never known it.. Most of that night was a blur. "I bet you don't remember me. It's been a while." Nine turns, to be exact.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:37 pm
DruidTigeress

E'ion had been terribly distracted, his head in the clouds as he thought of his current predicament. His heart still ached, hurt in a way that he couldn't begin to describe, and Araeth was not helping. At the current moment, his green was snarling in his head, telling him to handle it, as he strode along the way. At least, until an all too familiar voice struck him. A voice of- Oh, "...No, I do remember you." Even all these turns later, E'ion was pretty good at remembering the faces that had tumbled out of his bed, "Anneila. Nice to see you again. It's been some time." He pushed a smile on his face, making his way over to her, "I doubt you remember my name. That night was a bit heated, and you were gone shortly after we woke the next morning."

Making his way over to her, he smiled the warm smile he was known for, "I'm good with names and faces. It's good to see you again. E'ion of Green Araeth."  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:51 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

"E'ion. That was it." she said with a smile, not bothering to go through the motions of pretending she knew it. That would be dishonest! And she was only dishonest on special occasions. "How is the lovely Araeth?" she asked. She seemed to recall she'd been in a sour mood that time, but Xaroth seemed to like her quite a bit. She lifted her shoulders casually. "I'm good with faces. Names, not so much. But how could I forget that pretty smile?" She saw it every time she looked at her daughter...

Ah.. How the turns had slipped by! He was so young back then. And she was so much younger. How could so much time have passed since then? Every few turns she would look at Cinndi and think how she ought to track down her father and let him know about her. But it had never happened. There was always something else to do, somewhere they were rushing off to. some new discovery to make or deadline to meet. Well! She was here now at least. Fortune must have brought them together, she liked to think. But she wasn't going to bring it up just like that! For sure the man had a right to know. But she also had a duty to protect her daughter..

"I'm just here dropping off my son, I'm afraid." she explained, linking her arm with his. "Walk to me to the edge of the Weyr?" Her tone conveyed that she would've like to talk longer and catch up, but things being the way they were, she couldn't linger in a Weyr for long, without risking herself and her dragon. They had important work to do, after all. It wouldn't do to get stuck flying thread instead. "And let's catch up on the way. So you're a rider here?" she asked, genuinely curious, but also probing a little to make sure he was the kind of person she'd want around her daughter. So far it didn't seem too bad. He was a rider, that was good. He had a steady job at least, a sense of purpose. She did worry about what might happen if Cinndi got attached with him doing something so dangerous, but there was no sense being morbid. "Do you enjoy your work?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:40 pm
DruidTigeress

Her inquiry after Araeth got a laugh from him, eyes glittering in delight, head shaking back and forth, "She is angry, as she always is. That Green does not have a kind streak in her body, even when she is flying. She rather loathes anyone, and tends to snarl at everyone, even me." His precious Green, oh so furious at the world. Never taking a moment to rest. When she rose next, he pitied any male that dared to follow her. It was nice seeing her though, despite the memories of his past that had led him here. The woman was lovely, "Of course." His arm linked with hers, and he began to walk with her, smiling when he was asked about his position here, "I am one of the Assistant Candidatemasters here. Have been for some time now. I know that not many are fond of Araeth, but my charges like me well enough. It is challenging, and yet..."

Yet it was rewarding, being able to help the Candidates through their Touching and hatching. Through ups and downs....and only once had he fallen for someone...His mind flashed to the man who'd stolen his heart, a pang of memory making his chest ache.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:42 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Aneila chuckled. "Well. I wasn't going to say anything," she laughed, "But Xaroth seemed to like her quite a bit. He is a sucker that one." Her poor stoic blue. He probably didn't get enough chances to fly... Fewer that he actually won. She couldn't blame him for being smitten when he did. She leaned into E'ion's side, covering his hand with her own as they walked out towards the entrance of the Weyr.

"Oh. You must know my son then!" she said, beaming excitedly. "Timor. He's a candidate here. I just brought him back from a short sabbatical he was taking at the Starcraft Hall here in the mountains." She tried to recall if he had ever written her about his candidate master or their assistants, but in all honesty, their letters were typically pretty single-minded. Usually, he wrote her about what he had learned recently in his craft, and she wrote him about whatever research her was doing.

She would've liked to chat for longer- get a better sense of the man. But it wasn't that long of a walk. She stopped and turned towards him, putting a hand on his arm. "Listen... There's someone I'd like you to meet. We'll be back in the area for the Hatching." She had to leave now, Cinndi was still waiting for her back on the ship in Southern.. But she was already planning to swing back around this way to watch her son Stand.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:40 am
DruidTigeress

"It is hard to believe that anyone ever had a fondness for her, but she means well." He laughed, his dear Green's presence warm in his mind. "Though his flight win proved to be a good thing. It tempered her for a time, and it was nice to feel her delight, as short lived as it was." So long ago that had been. When Aneila mentioned a son, though, his eyes went wide for a moment, gaze turning to her. A son! Timor....Yes, she knew him well, "Yes. I know Timor well. He is a good boy. Dedicated and wonderful." Her eyes warmed, eyes moving over her face. How long had it been?

She and he....It had been so long ago. It felt like an eternity, and yet...Oh, wait, what? There was someone for him to meet? "....Oh? I wouldn't mind terribly meeting whoever it is." What in Pern could she be talking about? It was confusing, and the Greenrider had to mull over it. Surely it must be important.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:28 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Aneila smiled fondly at his comments about Timor. If there was one good way to suck up to her (not that she thought he was trying to!) it was by complimenting her children. Along with impressing Xaroth, they were the truest joy she'd ever known.

"My daughter, Cinndi," she explained. "She's.." How to say it? "Well, she's nine turns old." she said, with pointed intonation.

She'd wait until they met before she said more, not wanting to promise more than she was willing to give.. if they didn't get along. But after meeting the man, and seeing how her son had flourished here, she was beginning to think her daughter might benefit from spending some time here as well. Cinndi herself might claim to prefer it, but life on the road wasn't easy for a child her age. What she could really use was some stability in her life, especially in these uncertain times.

They'd reached the entrance of the Weyr and Aneila glanced over her shoulder towards the gap in the calderra wall. She really had to go... Being in a Weyr too long made her uneasy. And she knew Xaroth, not far away, felt the same. Her hand slipped from E'ion's arm and she kissed his cheek in goodbye before stepping away.

"I'll see you soon then, I hope." she said with a short wave over her shoulder as she left the Weyr.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games