DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:14 pm
BastetAmun

The Touching was... Well, it was something. She.. thought it had gone well? But then, she didn't really have a good conception of what kind of response they were supposed to get. Still, at least some of the eggs had responded to her. So there was that at least. Still maybe they responded to everyone regardless of whether they were capable of impressed, again, she didn't know, but she chose to take it as a good sign.

Still, it was more emotionally draining than she'd realized at first. But for something that left her feeling both exhausted and energized, there was fortunately an activity she found both stimulating and relaxing. She drew an arrow from her quiver, nocked it on her bow and drew the string. After her misadventures shooting down wherries in the middle of the Bowl, Cami had been advised that there was in fact a small shooting range set up on the edge of the Weyr. She let go of the string and the arrow flew across the range, hitting the target close, but not dead on, the center. She wasn't really paying attention though..

She held the bow out to Caderyn to take a shot. She'd been meaning to buy a second bow to teach people with, but it turned out bows were expensive and marks were harder to come by than she'd known. So for now, they were sharing.

Out of arrows, she waited for Caderyn to finish shooting his before she would cross the range to retrieve them. "Do Touchings always go like that?" she asked him.

(( Okay, fixed! xP ))

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:45 pm
Caderyn had done his best to avoid a lot of people after the touching. Even still, he had agreed to go to the range with Cami and he wasn't one to go back on his word, even if he might get embarrassed. It helped he did like spending time with the girl after they had accidentally been made to speak with one another when Myrddin had decided to steal a wherry she had shot down.

He had brought the crossbow his father had given him for his name day last turn with him and he shot a bolt into one of the targets. It was a slower process for him to load and shoot then it was for her, but it was the only semblance of a bow he had. He watched as Cami went to grab her arrows before he shot one more, trying to think over the question she asked him.

"Not everyone." He found himself laughing softly now, something he hadn't been able to do thinking about the touching. "It's the first one that I've taken part in that has ended up like that. I don't know if it's because the eggs are close to hatching but they seemed very....lively." It was the only word he could think of. Past touchings he had been to hadn't been like that, eggs had spoken to him before but he had never been so captivated by one like he had that red egg, and he had never seen another egg get riled up by another, or seen them move so much.

"Makes me wonder just how the hatchlings are going to act."

DruidTigeress

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:48 am
"It should be interesting." she agreed, pulling another arrow from her quiver. She'd heard people talking about the Touching, and the Red Egg specifically. She hadn't touched the Devil egg herself, so she couldn't really say what it was like, but it annoyed her when people talked like they had all the foresight in the world. Like they somehow would've know better. She would normally just ignore them, but Caderyn had seemed out of sorts since the Touching. She wondered if it bothered him as well.

"There was a joke we used to tell. In my camp.." she said, her eyes unfocusing a little. She didn't often talk about her old life. It still hurt sometimes to think about it.. But the story suddenly came to mind. "Or, I guess.. Maybe it was a fairytale?" Parable? Fable? She wasn't sure what the right word was. "It was about a deaf boy who laughed at a blind boy for stepping on a trap, and would tease him about it all the time. But what he didn't know was that the blind boy had been shouting for him to watch out the whole time, and he just couldn't hear. And the boy who stepped on the trap had done it to save his life." She pulled back the string of her bow with a small frown. "People like to talk a lot about what they don't know.. I guess is what it meant." She paused and shook her head slightly. "I don't think I told it very well." she said. Words were not really her strong suit.

After she released the arrow, she paused and put her bow down for a moment, looking over at Caderyn's target. "You're getting good at this. We should try moving targets next." she suggested. Looking back at the young man, she decided to change the topic for a bit. She smiled. "I like your bow." she said. "The man I met before.. Did he give it to you?" she asked, since he had mentioned liking crossbows and the two seemed to know each other.

BastetAmun
Somewhat unnecessary now he's impressed, but here's Cami trying to comfort him. xD Wrote most of this before the Hatching xP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:11 am
The fact he had many friends coming up to him after the hatching to comfort him made Caderyn feel a bit better. He hadn't thought that anyone had really cared that much, or if his friends had even been that close but it seemed that even if they hadn't known eachother for that long, they still cared. He really should learn to have better faith in people, maybe he could make friends better.

Cami's voice speaking again made him turn his head to look at her. He had never heard her speak much about her life before she was at the weyr, he hadn't thought to ask either. He often forgot that many people weren't born in a weyr like he had been. The story she told didn't seem like a joke, almost as if it was supposed to get a lesson across. He thought over her words, trying to figure out what it was trying to say, even after she had done her best to explain it. "I think I can understand that. People always seem to judge someone by the basics and don't have the full story of everything." Everyone talking about how he had been so ensnared by the Red Egg, the Devil, they didn't know how they would react in that same situation. When you were so hoping that, perhaps, your dragon was the one inside that egg.

Caderyn smiled, proud of himself. He wasn't normally a great marksmen, he practiced more with his sword then anything else. "Thanks Cami. It's all thanks to you." A nod of his head. "Yeah, my father did."

DruidTigeress

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers