Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:22 am
"I know, I just...I'm not very fast at it. I can't help it," she fumbled awkwardly, but relinquished the writing utensil back to him without a word after that. Instead, Ichta watched as he looked over the page. It was only in this moment she realized that perhaps it wasn't just writing that he was working with. She couldn't help but respect how much hard work he was ready to put in for what was likely a daunting task.

When he looked up to her to confirm that he was seeing the word right, she nodded."That's right." Perhaps the strangest looking word she'd put down there, but it was also a fairly common word. Which had been important to her - picking common words with letters he'd be able to distinguish between them.

Tsunake
LMAO.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:11 am
A broad, genuine grin of delight spit his face in two, and he doesn't quite beam at her before returning his attention to the words on the paper. The last two word at the same number of letters, and the first had the most... He might as well begin with the third one. A 'd'.... an 'r'... He frowns for a moment, trying to understand.

"Dra..." He started, with too much emphasis on the 'a'. "G...o... n... Draygeeon? --dragon. Why do the sounds sharding change?" He asked her, frustrated, but also oddly pleased with himself. Two words, now. He'd read two of them, even if it had taken an absurdly amount of time.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:31 am
Oh, he had a wonderful smile.

Ichta leaned into the table, smiling right back at him. "I don't know. I say things until they sound right, but I've been corrected on a few words, so I don't know how much success that yields." It did at least result in some teasing over her mispronunciation of not-so-common words for a few weeks sometimes. "I think it's so the alphabet doesn't have to be even longer for extra sounds." It was a blessing to remember 26 letters sometimes (it..it was 26, right?)

Tsunake

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:53 am
Her smile was reassuring enough that he allowed his frustration to ebb away, and Goran nodded a bit ruefully. So it wasn't just him.... well, that was something to keep in mind. And Ichta's explanation made sense--26 (ish?) letters were already a lot to remember!

Goran fixed his eyes on the last word for now, and though he thought he deciphered the letters, sounding out the sounds... wasn't producing any sort of word he thought he knew. He huffed and growled and shifted positions, but it was only after a while that he eventually gave up and tiredly looked at Ichta, silently begging for mercy.

demon_pachabel
They are absolutely slaying me with how cute they are, Goran has never been this not-grumpy in my head before. THE TOUCHING HAS MADE HIM ALL DETERMINED AND HOPEFUL, I'm like, who are you and what have you done with my child.

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:06 pm
He understood the sounds well enough. Ichta would gently nod along as Goran sounded out the letters she'd written down, then wait as he felt his way through other options - there were more than she'd expected. Words were weird.

She shifted as he fussed through the word, giving him an owl-eyed look when he looked to her. Leaning up against his side so she could run her fingertip along under the word as she read it out loud. "Go-ran," she read along then looked up at him sheepishly. "I....kind of guessed at how it was meant to be spelled. I'm sorry if I got it wrong."

Tsunake
Look at these children. Blessed perfect babies. /smooshes them together they are wonderful yes/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:19 pm
The warm weight of her was slight against him, but... nice? Nice. He decided. Strange, new, and entirely odd, but nice. "My name." He said with surprise, returning his attention to her long fingers as they slid underneath the word. His name... He'd never seen it written before. He furrowed his brows for a while, taking it in, trying to burn it into his memory.

"It looks right," He declared, nodding to himself in a very satisfied way. He sounded.... pleased. There was a moment's pause. He still had one more word to work through... but before that-- "Write your name?" He asked, wanting to see it next to his.

demon_pachabel
/chinhands....

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:32 pm
"Yeah, I thought this was nice. It has a sort of balance to it on paper that's pleasant to look at," she said. Maybe it was the number of letters or that the letters all had a very similar weight to them when written down, but it just had the right about of presence.

Ichta looked up at him when he asked her to write her name, frowning. "I...okay, that's fine." It had been unexpected, but not a problem. She took up the writing utensil again and with the same painstaking care she had the previous words, spelled out her own name at the end of her earlier list. It was a balance of straights and curves that was nice, but not in the same way that Goran's was mostly soft curves that she liked so much.

Tsunake
/extra chinhands

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:02 pm
A balance? Goran quickly glanced back at the letters, searching for what she meant. He didn't exactly see what she meant. In truth, he was just proud to finally be able to recognize his name for what it was when written down. Ichta was watched carefully when she began to write her own name, and Goran rather found that he rather liked how the... 'I' and 'l'? Yes, those. He liked how they stood out because of how tall they were. With a satisfied grunt, he gave a little nod... and then turned his attention to the last word.

"R... I. D. Er... Ri...er. Rider." A quick glance up at Ichta, as though making certain he'd gotten it correct. Context clues were helping him more than actual skill, he thought ruefully.

With her permission, he'd carefully taking the writing tool from her and slowly begin copying the new words. Words. Shards, he was writing words. The realization was enough to have another grin threaten to pull at his lips.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:55 pm
To be fair, it probably would have just added to the confusion if she'd explained what she meant. Maybe if he asked, Ichta would, but it wasn't offered up immediately. She nodded as he read her the last word - with seemingly very little trouble. At least they were common words - outside of their names, but she guessed that it would do him well to recognize and be able to write it. His at least.

The writing implement was relinquished without any fuss and she spent a moment watching as Goran wrote, nodding along. "I'll stay as long as you want me here, in case you want more words or just...I dunno..." she shrugged and looked down, embarrassed. Then, she turned her attention back to her own stitchwork.

It left them both to focus on their personal projects, at least.

Tsunake

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces