Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:01 pm
His lips pursed ruefully, the big Candidate nodded slowly as he thought that over. That... made a lot of sense, honestly. Without any hint of what or who they were looking for, it'd be easy for a newly hatched dragon to grow frustrated and frightened when they couldn't find their companion. ....Even worse, they might even choose to go Between. Rolling his shoulders to try and shrug off the uneasy feeling that always came when he thought about such things, Goran instead focused on what she was saying next.

He ruefully thought of his lack of practice when it came to copying letters as of late, and he heaved a huge, agreeing sort of sigh. It was just so sharding hard to concentrate on anything else!

A huge hand came up to rub at his face, and Goran resisted the urge to grumble to himself. "....What you going to do, if you don't Impress?" Because now, now that it felt like his eyes had been opened.... he truly was not looking forward to the crushing sense of rejection that may very well be in his near future.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:15 pm
And there was the Runnerbeast in the room. What would she do? Clutches happened more often now since Thread, right? She'd have another chance as long as it didn't take 10 years. At least she hoped so. "I don't know," Ichta admitted quietly. "I think my best option is to stay at the Weyr until they say I'm too old for a Dragon, and then hope I have other options then." she admitted. She still had a good amount of time if that was the plan.

All she had to do was not let crippling disappointment set in to try and have it out for her.

"I can still practice my craft here and get proficient in it while I wait. There's never a shortage of things that need a careful hand to fix." Like ripped and undersized shirts. "And I'll hope for the future. There will be other clutches, and I......" her shoulders dropped as she thought about it, her posture betraying that she didn't like the idea of what she was going to say, "I can wait if it has to be someone who does." There were dozens of candidates already, some actually experienced with dragons who had more to offer. "But I can't see a dragon not wanting you," she looked to Goran, "I mean, it just feels like it would be right." He was big and strong and quiet. Kind of what a Dragonrider was meant to be in her mind.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:28 pm
Stay at the Weyr... He nodded slowly after he thought that over for a while, deciding it was a sound enough plan. But then, she mentioned her craft... and he felt the weight of insecurity threatening to settle onto his shoulders. He had no skills, no talents that could be turned and twisted into something useful. Before he could sink further into brooding, Ichta said something that made his head snap up, dark eyes sparking with displeasure.

"You shouldn't have to wait." He growled, finding that he was very much not fond of that idea at all. "You..." His brain fumbled with what he wanted to say, leaving him standing there awkwardly. She was quiet, but she was patient, and she was kind. Even if things seemed to make her nervous, she hadn't seemed to let that stop her. Shards, she'd been nudged by a broody Queen and nearly flattened by an egg, and she stayed on the sands as though nothing at all had happened! Why should Ichta have to stay behind and merely accept being given less in life when she deserved so much more?

Even if the big striped egg chose her? A voice whispered in the back of his mind, and Goran felt something in him go cold. ...Even if the big striped egg chose her, he thought savagely. Or anyone else. He wasn't going to curl up and die if he failed at his first Hatching, or at all of them. He would make a life for himself, by the First Egg!

Unable to say any of these things, a ruddy color began to tinge his face, and Goran roughly looked away with embarrassment. "I can't see a dragon not wanting you either." He said roughly, folding his arms as though that was all that needed to be said on the matter.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:50 pm
Her attention remained affixed as he fumbled for what it was he wanted to say, no judgement or impatience crossing her face as she waited. When he finally found them, she smiled, the slightest tinge of red flooding her face as she looked down at her hands. Goran was so certain of it. It was hard to not let herself believe he was right.

"That's sweet you think so," she said quietly. "I'm just...really trying to not get my hopes up." But her hopes were really up. She'd picked up a craft because someone else thought it was good for her. She'd been Searched and gone because someone else thought it was good for her. Was it enough to think that maybe, she could want something for herself and not feel selfish for it? "Would it be selfish if I got my hopes up?" Ichta asked quietly after a moment. Maybe she wasn't as bold as the riders they talked about in stories, and just looking at the other riders she'd seen just in their Weyr, she didn't feel half as brave as they seemed to be.

But hadn't a little rose colored egg told her that she could pretend until it was true?

"I think we'll both be fine." There was a long contemplative silence before she said it, but she punctuated with a nod which meant it had to be true.

Tsunake
Things I am suddenly wanting: Goran to read to Ichta (even tho it's hard) while she just listens and enjoys it.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:16 pm
Selfish? She thought it selfish?? His brows arched sharply, and he looked almost baffled. "No." He said empathetically, shaking his head. "You're allowed to hope--shards, I don't know how you couldn't. You have to look out for yourself... and want stuff for yourself." That was just human nature.

Her sudden confidence made Goran pause, studying her face with slightly narrowed eyes before he nodded firmly, too. They would be fine. Even if things didn't turn out like they expected, they'd find another way. With a grunt, the big Candidate seemed to settle down, suddenly feeling weary. This was a lot more emotional output than he was used to having.

Still. Having someone to speak to.... it was satisfying.

demon_pachabel
Omg, that'd be really cute... He'd be embarrassed but he'd try!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:38 pm
It was nice to get all these racing feelings out of her system - though the excitement lingered in her veins like lightning, making everything tingle and stand on end. There were going to be lots of dreams about dragons that night. Maybe even she'd have one.

"I know I should, but it's...hard. I don't really want much of anything." because wanting things was bad, and being a bad child would make her dad come back and make her disappear. She flinched at the thought, a brief flex of her fingers before it was buried away. "But I feel a little better. Nervous, but better. Thank you." Though it hadn't been Goran's intention, the talk had made her feel much better.

"I hope we can talk more before the hatching, if the little ones even give us the time."

Tsunake
She can focus on fixing another shirt to not be so tight if that'll take the stress off of him ;P

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:29 pm
Goran frowned quietly, but accepted those words. He personally couldn't understand why it would be hard, but this wasn't about him. Was he surprised to learn that Ichta didn't want much? Not at all. The thanks earned an awkward little nod, and another attempt at a smile. It came more easily than his former attempts, anyway.

"I hope so." He agreed, looking slightly wistful. It would be nice, to speak with them again.... but he somehow doubted Uridith would allow them close again, and by the time they were ready to hatch, he was sure they'd be too focused on trying to break free of their shells to talk.

With a grumbling sigh, Goran rose to his feet, and wandered away from Ichta for a moment. When he returned, it was with his supplies... and, though reluctant, he would begin to start copying letters.

demon_pachabel
This would probably make him feel better, ngl...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:34 pm
And there he went. Ichta accepted that he had left her with a certain ease that allowed her still buzzing mind to turn back down to her stitchwork, pulling the needle free from it's temporary post to loop it properly through the fabric to continue the design in green. When Goran returned, she looked up again, peering curiously at what it was he'd brought with him.

Was it the task he'd mentioned previously he busied himself with? Without a word, Ichta moved what things she had sitting out to give Goran a proper space to work on. Of course, that was assuming he'd take up her company again while doing such things.

Tsunake
She'll be like those library dogs that just encourage kids to read with their presence and unjudging positive faces.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:55 am
He grunted with thanks as she moved her things, carefully setting down his own onto the table. He was aware of her eyes flickering over what he'd brought, and unconsciously, he hunched his shoulders as though to shy away from her scrutiny. Goran stubbornly stayed where he was, refusing to hide the letters.

Slowly, he began to copy the letters once more, his brow furrowed with concentration as he allowed himself to write out the alphabet. The motions were becoming familiar, and, he admitted, he was beginning to recognize some of these when he saw them.

That meant he was learning, right?

demon_pachabel
Omg, yes good... The best listeners, SHE WONT' CARE IF HE STUMBLES ON WORDS...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:07 am
The shift in his posture caused her to shrink down, as if it was possible for Ichta to look any smaller next to him, before she looked away and back to what she was doing. He'd mentioned practicing letters before, but from what she could tell, he didn't seem to have any hand injuries that would have made such a thing necessary. Though she hadn't really spent that long looking at his hands in the first place.

It just looked like he was writing the alphabet over and over again.

"Do you just practice the alphabet over and over again or do you sometimes write words too?" she asked; There as absolutely no judgement in her voice, only curiosity as she looked up at Goran.

Tsunake
NOPE. JUST KEEP GOING IT'S FINE.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:12 am
His dark eyes snapped up to her face, immediately searching for mockery or disdain. But, no matter how much he looked, he only found genuine curiosity there. Goran looked back to his letters, frowning down at them for some time before he spoke.

"The alphabet. M'not good at spellin'." Yet. Was the unspoken challenge, for he was determined to get there one day. Words were much more tricky than he'd ever given them credit for. Oftentimes, they were not spelled how they sounded, or had situational rules that made him want to punch something.

But he hadn't given up yet, and he didn't intend to.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:23 am
She recoiled, flinching slightly when he looked at her. Had she offended him by asking? Was he mad at her for wondering or being interested in what it was he was doing? It was a knot that easily wound itself up in her gut. It relaxed when he finally answered.

Looking from his face down to the paper, she nodded. "Spelling is hard," she agreed, but it seemed though Goran was ready to face up to things not being easy. "If you want, I can write you a few words to copy. Just since I think that would be less boring." That wasn't even considering that maybe, he couldn't read. The thought didn't even pass through her mind. "Can't promise I can spell anything too complicated, though...."

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:29 am
Goran thought about that long and hard for a moment, seemingly staring at his work. Words to copy... that might actually help, seeing how they were strung together by the letters he'd been working so hard to memorize. "Simple words?" He asked at long last, deciding it was worth the risk. If he didn't know what she had spelled, he could easily go back to copying letters again.

Or, if he managed to swallow his pride, he could ask her what she'd written. It wasn't as though he could read, true, but his teachers had informed him that reading and writing could go hand in hand.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:51 am
"I can do that," Ichta nodded, holding a hand out for Goran's writing implement. She waited for it before looking through the alphabet. "Let's do short words with similar letters."

Ichta's handwriting was immaculate. Each letter was written with an almost obsessive amount of care as if any fault in it would make the world collapse around her and everything would be on fire. It took her longer to write each letter than it did for Goran to practice his. She would not be winning any writing races anytime soon.

When she was done four words were written across the top of the sheet; Dragon, Weyr, Rider, and Goran. "Sorry that took so long," her face was tinged red. "Let me know if you want more than that."

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:08 am
He offered it up in silence, and there was no small amount of respect for how neat and precise her lines were. It took her time, yes, but letters were clear and he could instantly make out the strange 'W' from its funny shape alone. "This is fine." He said immediately, and he blinked when he realized she was embarrassed. "They're... they're very clear." He offered lamely, not sure how to compliment how nice the handwriting was.

Goran soon lapsed into silence, studying the words. It all felt like a hopeless jumble, and he could feel his frustration mounting the longer it took. With a rough exhalation, he forced himself to focus on the second word instead--the one with the 'W'. And it was followed by an.... 'e'....

He puzzled over it in silence, almost inaudibly trying to sound it out. We.... y-r. What was that supposed to sharding mean? 'We y-r'.

"--weyr." He said out loud, his eyes widening even as he immediately glanced up at Ichta. "Weyr?" He asked with a tinge of excitement, his huge finger pointing to the second word in question.

demon_pachabel
I keep trying to quote Ichta, fml.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas