Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:43 pm
#nosleep

Sometimes—most of the time—when Shiloh couldn't sleep, it was because of sad thoughts of bad thoughts or generalized restlessness. The Charter didn't help, being a Noble didn't help, Melany didn't help and being a Principal sure as ******** didn't help.

Sometimes—on rare occasions—it wasn't like that. Shiloh didn't want to sleep because he didn't want the day to end, because being tangled up in the sheets with his favorite person was too damn good to pass up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:46 pm
finite

Shiloh was looking into his glass of water. "He told me he knew about the third principal, I guess, but nothing more than that."

He took a sip, "He offered to put me down if I ever lost my sanity. Do you think other people want me dead too?

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:50 pm
marked by affection

They were sitting on the swinging bench outside, letting the sun soak through their skin while they basked in the shade. The only difference here was the lack of wind, the lack of cars, the lack of people and the ever present gloam of the Otherworld. Shiloh didn't seem to mind.

Shiloh was twiddling a dandelion between his thumb and forefinger. "You think wishes actually come true?"

saedusk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:54 pm
marked by affection

When Jamie reached over and touched the soft, weightless puff of the dandelion, his fingers were gentle and his smile was, too. Pouf, pouf. He looked genuinely amused. "Of course I do," he said, "Maybe not always how we expect them to, though."  

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:57 pm
finite

Anger. What other way to describe his emotions but this? "Why would he say something like that??" Jamie might have been hurt if he weren't so goddamn angry, so confused. It was bubbling beneath an attempt at calm.

"Absolutely not."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:00 pm
marked by affection

"I guess that makes sense..." His cheeks puffed out a little bit, just as poufy as the dandelion.

"I always kinda wished I could like, un-noble." Shiloh said unprompted. They'd had this talk before. They'd had it many, many times. "But I also really like my flowers a lot. I dunno if I'd want to give those up."

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:03 pm
finite

Shiloh looked a little awkward, "'Cause we were talking about what a great opportunity the Court was for us, like, when it came to breaking the cage. How we could bring knowledge across cycles." He sighed.

"I told him if you died and our head-thing got messed up, it'd probably ******** with me. He offered a last resort." The water was still in the glass, "I didn't prompt it. He tried to give me a pep talk afterwards when I told him I already wanted to die."

saedusk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:41 pm
marked by affection

"I've actually been thinking about it," Jamie admitted, because oftentimes he mused about ways to reduce Shiloh's unending stress. If it wasn't bearing whatever burden he could, it was wondering if it would be possible to nix the whole noble thing entirely. "I wonder if the flowers couldn't just... manifest on their own. If you believed in it enough. It feels like they're a part of you that wouldn't... couldn't really disappear now."  

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:46 pm
finite

Even with the explanation, Jamie wasn't sure he really got it. Sure, he understood, but he didn't get it. It sounded like such a cold thing to say in the face of someone's concern over their own wellbeing.

"We'll... We'll figure out a way around it..." he said, the determination real and palpable. Delicately, he took Shiloh's glass between his hands.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:53 pm
marked by affection

"Maybe..." Shiloh sighed a little.

"But they are from the Court. They're like a little chunk of the Otherworld that I carry with me wherever I go... I mean, it's why I could use them so freely back in the old universe, even when there wasn't magic on our side..."

He shook his head.

"I guess I could always just like, get more magic." He was magic. "I'll just make my own flowers."

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:13 pm
from me to you

The air was warm, both inside and outside. Shiloh hand caught the small of Jamie's back from where they were in bed, the house silent except for them and the air they were sharing.

He was almost there, right on the verge of sleep, when he noticed it. "Did you always have freckles?" They were so faint against his skin. You'd think with all the times he kissed his checks in the past few hours alone he would've noticed them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:14 pm
finite

"It just makes me mad. I'm trying... really hard, you know? We're not doing all of this just to kill everyone off again..." His hands were a little shaky under Jamie's

"I wish I could just take you with me."

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:42 am
from me to you

Did he... what? By the time Shiloh asked, Jamie's eyes were already closed, his breathing shallow and even, his mind as warm and content as his body where skin pressed against skin. "Mmhuh?" was his best answer at first.

After a moment he opened his eyes, his thoughts catching up. "Freckles?" he asked sleepily. "Ummm, no, I don't... think so."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:37 am
sunflowers

To anyone living in the Delacroix household, it was a not-so-secret secret that shoved in the back of the closet were clothes Jamie didn't wear much anymore. Or rather, he never did outside of his room. It was his previous self that had.

Sometimes he tried things on without thinking too much about it, because thinking only made things weird. Today he was wearing a cute yellow sundress splattered in sunflower print.

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:13 pm
from me to you

"Yeah, I didn't think so..." Shiloh's eyes were wide and steel blue as they greeted Jamie's, his expression soft and affectionate but... ******** confused too, to say the least.

"They're super faint. I barely even notice 'em." He scooted closer to squint at his cheeks, "They're all golden... looks more like someone spilled glitter on your face from up close."

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff