[METAPRP] A Good Ol' Fashion Pep Talk [Frendo&Philip]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

artificial bones

Sexy Goat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

while at his booth, Frendo takes a moment aside with a fellow orangeblood,
and gets a little reassurance

behind Frendo's SA booth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:51 pm
Frendo was beginning to feel the strain of this new found popularity as Philip approached his booth. But that didn't stop the young orangeblood from flashing his nown well known smile, though it didn't seem to reach his eyes as much as usual. He quickly grabbed for a poster and his trusty pen, expecting another request for a signature or maybe a picture. He had expected more conversation, something more real when he connected with fans but was finding that most of them just wanted a scribble or a snap to add to some collection. Frendo was just a name on the television and his actual self was tossed to the side. And without Laughdad's by his side (they were home tending the garden and cleaning the hive) it was hard to keep up his waning confidence.

But when the other troll inquired about his outfit, a spark seemed to begin to kindle in his eyes again. He set the pen down, for now, and replied happily, "Thank ya! Its special made by a troll I've done work for a couple time," one of many trolls who the young troll had done random work for and had found his charming friendliness appealing, "'course it costa shiny beetle, " and unlike his other outfits, tonight's outfit wasn't sponsor bought but s gift from his lusus. They had managed to save beetles enough to give him this as a gift, to show how proud they were. Frendo ran his hands down the front of the suit and thought, his anxiety tickling his thinkpan, would they be proud when he ended up having nothing to show? What was the likelihood of him actually winning.

His smile seemed to falter as he drifted into the thought, before snapping back like a rubber band, forcing his smile back up as he cleared his throat, "sorry, got kinda lost in thought for a moment der," he scratchet at the back of his head and chuckled, trying to smoothly play off his slow decent into fret and self doubt with another flashy smile.

Doutei
sorry that took so long OTL

artificial bones

Sexy Goat

Doutei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:37 pm
He didn't know Frendo well, but he knew people. People didn't make that face when they were feeling good.

"That's okay!" Philip smiled, waving it away as nothing. He didn't want to make Frendo feel bad for spacing out. It was clear from the way he appeared to be subtly shifting on his heels that Frendo was uncomfortable. It was a minute motion, possibly even subconsciously done. Never the less, Philip didn't like seeing the orangeblood force a fake smile. Why was Frendo feeling down? He didn't know.

Sounds like a job for a detective!

"Hey, I'm feeling a bit tired from all the walking around. Could I sit behind your booth for a few minutes and catch my breath?" The detective asked, leaning against the counter for support. He needed an innocent reason to hang around and chat for a few minutes that wouldn't make Frendo feel like he was being looked down upon or watched in a weird way.

"I know! Take a break with me! Just for a little while." The boy added with a friendly smile, making his way around the counter, grabbing Frendo's arm, dragging the orangeblood back with him, and plopping down on the ground out of view of the desk. He gave Frendo a mischievous finger to the lips as the staff outside wondered where the star had gone.

"Ahhh it's nice to be off your feet, isn't it?" Philip stretched his legs a little.

stringency

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:30 am
"Uh, nah I don' spose dat'd be an issue!" Frendo responded as the other orangeblood leaned against the counter. Of course, it most likely wasn't really 'okay' for him to let someone come behind the booth, since that's where all the extra boxes of posters and whatnots were stacked up, but he couldn't, and wouldn't say no to anyone in need. Of course, when Philip piped up about Frendo taking a break with him, anxiety flared in the little star's chest. He would love nothing more than to take a break, to sit down and breath and be in possibly good company while doing so, but he was dedicated to this. He was supposed to flash that smile and sign those posters, like the good troll he was!

Though it was very obvious, as he was dragged off(he didn't resist all that much), that this fan had no intention of letting him not take a break. Frendo scooted closer to some boxes stacked near where Philip had picked to sit and flopped to the ground like a wet sack of dirt. He quickly followed the other trolls actions and stretched his arms above his head and gave a little groan before giving the other troll a weary, and less flashy smile, "Yeah, it's uh...kinda..." he paused and worried his lip for a moment, unsure how to go about with his words. He didn't want to seem like he was struggling with the workload expected of him, and yet he wanted to say how hard it was to do this. In the end he stuck with something a little honest at least, "tough on da feet, all dat standing, ya know?" he gave a tired chuckle, and leaned forward to play anxiously with the rim of his boot.

Doutei

artificial bones

Sexy Goat

Doutei

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:12 am
Frendo was definitely worried about something. Something he felt nervous or scared to share. Was it out of shame? Philip watched the orangeblood pretend to smile and felt his heart sink. He hoped he could get to the bottom of this quick!

"Yeah! All this walking and standing around! I can't even imagine the rest of the stuff you've got to do to!" The detective agreed, hoping to encourage the boy to talk some more. It was also true, Philip had no idea what all Frendo had been doing prior to this for the competition. It seemed like a lot of work! Not only did you have to be in the right place to go on television and look awake and happy, there were most definitely some mental toils too. The pressure of trying to be popular was not an easy weight to carry.

Oh.

Well it looked like he'd solved part of the riddle. Not that Philip knew for certain. It would make sense though. He hadn't really been thinking about this part of the show until just now. A small part of him wondered and worried about Tzofia, a much quieter and anxious troll. He'd have to drag Kwelin over to Civisect with him to check on her later. But first, Frendo needed his full attention! He seemed like a nice guy who just needed someone to care about him for a little bit.

"It must be hard juggling all of this with a smile." Philip sympathized with a somber simplicity. He didn't want to lay it on thick and make it sound like he felt sorry for the other boy or thought he was weak. Just wanted to express a little understanding.

stringency
it's gonna be okay frendoooo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:31 pm
Frendo glanced over at Philip, like really looked at him. He seemed like he genuinely cared about how Frendo was feeling, and that made the little orangeblood feel both very happy and very upset. He wasn't much for letting over trolls care for him, it was his job to care for others! His bottom lip trembled ever so slightly as he felt the urge to blow up and melt down in front of this other troll. He knew he shouldn't, that he was supposed to be Frenzz, who never gave up and always smiled, but right now he was tired and stressed and just Frendo hiding behind a tent trying to escape the impossible task he had set up for himself.

"Y-yeah....I-I jus don' know iffin it's even worth it?" he softly whined, clenching his fists as the anxiety, the negativity, welled up inside him like a rising tide, "Like am I even gunna make difference? I don' wanna fail an' disappoint no one...but it's all so much," he wasn't used to any of this attention, and he wasn't ready for the responsibilities that came with, and yet here he was. Not able to back out, but unsure if he could go on. Frendo hid his face in his hands and let out a deep, shaky sigh that sounded faintly like he was about to cry. "I'm jussa orangeblood, an' I don' know why I thought I cud even do dis, it wus sucha dumb idea...." the more he berated himself, the louder the little voice in his head got, the one that told him he wasn't worth this attention, that he wasn't good enough for the competition. The voice he tried to hide with his herbs and activities, it never left and now it was almost overwhelming.

"I'm sorry, dis ain't somethin ya should hafta listen ta," he mumbled into his hands, unable to look at Philip without feeling utmost shame. He was supposed to be strong and brave, and he couldn't even do that.

doutei
its okay philip just let him freak for a minute, he'll come around and stuff it all back down.

artificial bones

Sexy Goat

Doutei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:03 am
A hand reached forth and wrapped around Frendo's closed fist.

"You've already made a difference." Philip's voice was soft and gentle. He made no move to force Frendo to look up at him, instead he simply held his hand and spoke.

"Getting this far is already amazing. Win or lose, you're out here representing trolls like you!" There was a pause and the sound of fumbling from Philip. He released Frendo's hand and fiddled with something to the side before turning back.

"Trolls like us." He smiled, opening his palm to reveal a small bead of orange blood.

"Do all of us proud, okay? You're not just an orangeblood, you're our orangeblood!" He clenched his fist and raised it up in a cheer. Philip knew his place in the hemospectrum, all lowbloods knew it whether or not they liked it. He'd accepted it for what it was but understood that there were others who took more stock in it. There were others who felt chained. His job was to understand the borders of these chains and then look beyond it. No one was just a color, they were all complex beings capable of incredible and crazy things.

"I think that's worth something."

stringency

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces