Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] You Know, A Hovercraft (Erin/Rabbit/Silk)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:35 am
It was kind of fun, having a mostly silent mechanical fan beast trailing along behind them as they made their way to the Spinel Lady's domain. The court had changed Rabbit's clothing as usual, but instead of his standard sleeveless tunic, it had gone metallic and structured today, perhaps as an homage to what they had brought.

When he had approached his fetch about setting up a meeting with Silk, she had jumped at the chance, almost as if she had been waiting to be more than a target of ridicule or a babysitter. He was definitely going to have to do something nice for her soon. Maybe he'd even apologize.

"Sorry about the fancy clothes thing," Rabbit said, his voice low. "It just kind of happens." He stopped in front of the doors, looking at the floor instead of the imposing fetches in front of him.

"We have an appointment with the fetch Silk," Rabbit said, his voice respectful and very nearly commanding. It didn't last. "Lord Bennett and Erin, Master of Computers."

a-disgruntled-dragon
shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:39 pm
Left Beef and Right Beef nudged the doors open. "First hall on the left, first door on the right," said Left Beef.

Smerdle

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:13 am
Rabbit nodded and led the way inside, waiting by Silk's door until Erin had adjusted.

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:50 pm
Erin was not prepared. Hell she didn't even known they were going to the Court (though something may have been mentioned in the letter) to drop their... unique object to Silk. She was not expecting to be suddenly in formal wear, much less have Rabbit referred to as Lord.

The formal wear the court had provided Erin was rather... tasteful. Not a pantsuit, like she would have wanted, but a flowing metallic silver dress that hung tight to her torso then flared elegantly at her hips. There was, thankfully, a sheer shawl around her shoulders because that dress was strapless and that was not going to do good things if she fell over.

Dresses were not Erin's thing, but apparently the Court had some other ideas.

"... Master of Computers, huh? Do these... fae? Are they fae? Know what computers are?" she asked, hugging the shawl to her shoulders and glancing back at the fan beast every so often to make sure it was still there.

Smerdle

shibrogane

a-disgruntled-dragon

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:04 pm
"I think they've got an idea," he said softly. "And if they don't, what we brought will look even cooler, right?" Rabbit was kind of nervous. The fan beast had exploded so many times during its conception that he worried it would again, even though it had done so well since.

"Everything will be fine." He was clearly reassuring himself more than anything else.

With a shaky smile, Rabbit knocked on Silk's door and pushed it open a crack. "Hello?"

a-disgruntled-dragon
shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:00 pm
"Hello," said Silk. She didn't get up from her desk. There were piles and piles of papers there, folded sheets of heavy parchment pinned down with sparkling rocks. She did look up and nod, though, as much of a bow as she could take the time to give right then. "Oroh told me you had something for me?"

Smerdle
a-disgruntled-dragon

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:10 pm
"Yes, we have, um, one item attuned to elemental air." He stepped to the side, coaxing their hovering machine forward with a little of his magic. "It's imbued correctly, I know that much, but the parts we used to make it are all over my head. I use computers, I don't fix them, you know?" He chuckled a little, gesturing at Erin as he regained his decorum. "You can explain these things better than I can."

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:05 am
Oh. Oh Rabbit wanted her to speak. Oh. Erin coughed a little, clearing her throat, and stepped forward with the floating amalgamation of fans and power supplies.

"It's a collection of fans and power supplies. The power supplies.. .well power the fans and run on magic, and the fans keep it aloft. A little unconventional but, uh, the fans usually move air through a computer, either cooling portions of it, or providing airflow and it seemed the... most logical option..." she said, fidgeting and pulling at her fingers for a moment. She felt incredibly out of place for being on the spot, and she didn't realize she had to actually explain how her thing worked, it was just...

Yeah.

A bit of magic curled around her fingers and hair, a light breeze pulling at the strands of hair.

Smerdle

shibrogane

a-disgruntled-dragon

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:55 pm
Silk didn't seem terribly impressed by their air-attuned monstrosity. She raised both eyebrows just a little bit, and then she summoned the thing towards her and it vanished into where-ever she was keeping all of the attuned items. "Thank you," she said. "I'll see that it's put to good use when the time comes. Is there anything else?"

Smerdle
a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:00 pm
He was surprised to see it go so quickly, just disappearing into thin air like that. The eyebrow raise went largely unnoticed, mostly because so many people had been unimpressed while looking at Rabbit over the years that it really didn't register. He nodded in response to her thanks.

"I don't have anything. Erin?"

a-disgruntled-dragon

Smerdle

Scamp

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:16 pm
Erin shook her head at Rabbit, unsure of what to do with Silk in all honesty. She was sort of disappointed that the lady didn't seem impressed with her creation, but didn't let it get to her as much. Hopefully.

"No, that's it," she said, glancing at Rabbit for a moment.

Smerdle

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:28 pm
"Then please," said Silk, "I am incredibly busy. Thank you for your contribution."

Smerdle
a-disgruntled-dragon

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items