Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:54 pm
The Setting

The venue was a quiet little park on a Monday afternoon, its low set bandshell a particularly picturesque setting for the photo ops. There's coordinating balloons and flowers, both living and the handmade tissue variety, and paper birds peeping out from carious corners, but that's about it for decoration.

The tables have been moved out of the covered picnic area to make room for a dance floor. They're laden with food, but it's the sort that mostly seems fancy from distance, until you notice the simple ingredients. The wedding DJ, people will find, turns out to be a rented system and an AUX cord, along with the bride's and any guest's cell phone playlists.

It is, in every way, a budget wedding for a young couple that want something more than a trip downtown, but have bigger priorities than putting on a big show for people who don't particularly want or need one.

The invitations, though, the bride was particularly proud of: a postcard featuring Mr. Bitterberry in a tiny bow tie. Somebirdy's Getting Married!

Quote:

This is a drabble orp since I can't finish threads like this ever ~ so feel free to post as much or as little as you'd like, at whatever point in the set-up, ceremony, and after party you'd like! Just be sure to create a bolded title for your posts so people know when/where it is in the rp!

Your character does not need to know either bride or groom to join, its an open setting and also Free Food

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:57 pm
With this ring...

A bluejay flew past the benches and to the groom in a very pretty, very dramatic entrance. A tense moment followed, a too-long pause as they waited for Mr. Bitterberry to give up the goods. They had practiced this.

With mixed results.  

lizbot

No Faun

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm
Cold Tiny Feet

Prior to the ceremony, a few people would be greeted by the sight of the bride, three inches tall, in the palm of her mother's hand, having a small tantrum and fretting over not knowing how to be a wife. Not knowing how to be an anything.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:03 pm
Furry Friends

There's strays...everywhere. And a few cats and dogs that are clearly owned, but decided today was the day to slip off to see the goings-on. An increasing number of them gain a flower or tissue bow tie as the day progresses.  

lizbot

No Faun

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:08 pm
Mother of the Bride

Leanne grew up in Ashdown, and in this world, she lived to return after her daughter had been born and kept up ties here. Those who don't know here and maybe some who do, may find themselves a little taken aback at how much she and America look alike. And how often the talk over one another.

She's also the wedding photographer, able to take clear, beautiful pictures in nearly any condition. Small and bossy, Leanne likes to take sneaky candids and then bully you into a nice pose.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:10 pm
Oh god no

They'd decided to write their own vows. Or at least America did and won any argument against it.

rejam

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:24 pm
No show

Shun received the invite. He glanced it over briefly, then tossed the card away into the trash. There was no card, gift, or call to congratulate the newly weds. There was nothing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:44 am
Mother of the Bride

Sonny--who has taken very well to being Genderqueer Honor Person of the Bride and brought the tequila--spots Leanne and shrieks, "Leanne!!" like this is the most exciting thing to happen to them in the past year. There is a hug, and bouncing. It's a really embarrassingly long hug.

lizbot

Cold Tiny Feet

Sonny, luckily, put the tequila to good use. Not enough good use to get America drunk, but enough good use that Sonny's assurances that being a wife was just being America maybe possibly helped.

Maybe?  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:11 am
the conspiracy

It had started mostly as a string of texts between Leanne and Jeremiah and, of course, turned into an actual idea before it then turned into the ultimate gift.

"You know," Jeremiah said to Leanne, looking less bruised (and very handsome in his attire) but still leaning on his cane as he watched America in the distance; she was beautiful and happy, it was a memory to preserve, "she may kill us for this."

This was the envelope that was in his pocket, waiting until the right moment to give. Jeremiah was mostly joking. Mostly.

(He may have not known Leanne but he took to her as he took to America. Quickly and with great affection.)

lizbot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:38 am
something ...

Jeremiah held out the wrapped cloth to America.

"It's my mother's," he offered. "I had her send it to me when I heard about the wedding." His smile is a little crooked; the kind of smile that makes his eyes crinkled at the corners.

It was a delicate hair brooch that would slide into the hair. It was, strangely enough, delicate knots lined with gemstones. It was simple and, in his opinion, perfect for America.  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:47 am
food + cake

Nasir was fidgeting but mostly because he was still looking over the set-up for the food. It had taken him hours, he had to recruit help, but he had managed to get everything cooked and ready to go.

Besides, for all that the food looked simple, it was the wedding cake that he had gone all out for and that he was the most proud of.

Especially since he had gotten Wil to help make the figures of America and Taym, along with their animal companions, to be the toppers.

It was the least he could do and, he thought, probably the best wedding present he could give.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:09 pm
Larger cold feet, but still cold

Taym starts the morning outwardly calm in his little "don't look at the bride" bubble, although the facade gives way right about the time he realizes for the fourth time that he shouldn't smoke in his suit (which is not a tuxedo, because he has to put his foot down somewhere, and also because a suit can be used later, which makes it practical). It is not an especially expensive suit, but Taym was raised by a pragmatic and business-wise man who had told him that if one had to buy just one suit that it was better to spend more money on a very good tailor than the suit itself, and so he looks... well, nice. He'd even sprung for a barber to trim up his beard since his threats to shave it had been met with dire threats of formal bridal Crocs.

He has a manful shake of the hand for Algernon, self-possessed and easy, but he heads downhill fairly rapidly and about a half hour before go-time he can be found with his head between his knees, fingers laced behind his neck, trying to ward off nervous nausea while Cokie, thrust into the unwanted position of closest-friend-available, awkwardly pats his shoulder and keeps unsuccessfully pleading with her eyes for someone who knows him better to take over. Unfortunately, Taym does not have many friends.

Quote:
A lot of mine don't really warrant replies and are there for THE TEXTURE but if anyone wants to have a stab at it feel free anyway lol

iloveyoudie
just in passing

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:12 pm
with this ring

There is an awkward pause, but Taym has come prepared, just in case in the pinch Mr. Bitterberry could not bring himself to part with the shinies.

It is a spectacularly tacky vending machine ring, encrusted with tiny diamonds so shiny they can only be plastic, covered in glitter and sparkling brightly in the sunlight. In a discreet show of sleight-of-hand only somewhat marred by the fact that his hands are shaking, a trade is organized.

It is very likely the first time most of the people gathered have seen Taym laugh out loud.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:52 pm
oh god I've never done this?

How the ******** did weddings even work? "Do you know?" He asked Jamie for the millionth time.

His clothes were fine, fancy, things he got from Beel because it wasn't like he'd have anything in his own closet for s**t like this. Everything was crisp and clean, the suit was very nearly too black in ways that couldn't be described, his tie was straight and his hair was parted in such a way to cover his piercing. Dang Beaumont, at least Court taught you how to clean up good.

"You look amazing by the way." He gave his boyfriend a gentle grin, "You sure you got the bouquet?" It was... kind of massive. Shiloh really outdid himself there.

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:53 pm
oh god no

Those gathered will not hear what Taym mumbles to America as they patiently wait for him to smooth the folded-up piece of paper in his hands, but it basically boils down to: see what I do for you. Some of them may have been in a situation where they've seen Taym have to present information to a group and he is, to put it mildly, not fond of public speaking. He has very large ears and they are growing alarmingly pink.

It is, in short, a significant concession to America and a sign of how much he loves her that he was not only willing to do this but willing to do it on incredibly short notice. He is so softspoken that it might have been lost if the event had been bigger; as it is some in the back have to lean forward to hear. It is an even more significant concession that halfway through he crumples the paper back into his pocket and goes from memory, reaching for her hands instead and trying to hold eye contact, which is something that he finds almost as difficult as speaking in public and that in truth, even here, he can't quite maintain for the entire duration, casting his eyes towards his shoes a number of times.

"One of the first things I fell in love with about you," he says, "is the way you can go anywhere and stubbornly make yourself comfortable. You are fearless and tenacious about making ‘home’ matter, and even though I’ve spent hours trying, I’m not sure that I’ll ever have the words to say how proud and grateful I am that you chose to make your home with me." He pauses, swallows, and a visible tremor runs right down his arms to meet her hands.

"And so I promise to be as fearless and tenacious as I can, too. I promise to do everything I can to make sure that that home is steadfast and welcoming--whether you need a shelter or an anchor or a warm place to be; whether home is a place we go or just the two of us running together. I love you, and I promise that no matter where we go or what happens to us, if we’re together we’ll find a way to make it home. And I promise to remember to say thank you before you say you’re welcome, sometimes, starting right now: thank you. And also you’re welcome."

Quote:

i want everyone to know how much i hate liz for making me write taym's wedding vows and i take no responsibility for them crying

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff