Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[prp] here silk have a magic pinecone (lily/silk/eve)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:51 am
Some months ago, when she'd first lost her abilities, both Leila and Jeremiah had offered to take Eve over to other Ashdown in the hopes it'd help her mood. Unfortunately the suggestion alone made her feel worse instead of better -- and so she'd angrily rejected it either time, sparking a truly unpleasant conversation in the process. She was not good company when she felt powerless and depressed. Now, though, the seal on her innate magic didn't sting as much, and there was a concrete reason to go. She and Lily had a delivery to make.

Crossing over with Lily's help took place without incident besides it being a little awkward to ask to be pushed in. The air felt strange in an unfamiliar way, as if it wasn't quite touching her skin.

"I haven't been to Court since that fairy ball," she said, taking a look around the corridor they'd appeared in. "Might need to ask someone for directions, unless you know where to go..." Or she could have asked Jeremiah or Algernon for some guidance before they left. Oh well.

amitotic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:42 am
"Me either," Lily responded, glancing around at their change in location. She pulled back from the selfie, appraising the photo with a critical eye. It had taken some finagling to get both of them to register on the deer lens, but somehow she'd made it work, and now she had the two of them with matching serious faces and ridiculous cartoon eyes. Lily took a moment to change the cover image on her phone while the court did it's number on her outfit, fading from black to white with the effervescent shimmer of a heat wave. She was there on business and as such was outfitted for business, wearing a sharply fitted suit with thin lapels and coat-tails that extended past her claw-like heels to the marble floors below. Everything from her outer coat to her vest and sheer undershirt was the color of fresh-fallen snow, except for her pocket square and leather gloves, both dyed a shifting and vibrant red.

When it was all said and done, Lily looked down at herself and softly huffed, gently shuffling her hold on the jar that contained the fire cone. "Yeah, I guess we just...walk around until we find someone," she nodded, taking a few steps forward with cautious strides.

On a second thought, she spun on her heels and moved back towards Eve, using her free hand to reach out for Eve's. "We probably don't want to split up," she offered, her tone edged with soft concern. The last time she'd been here, she had been witness to multiple stabbings, and even if that was a special event, it was not something easily shaken from her conscious.

cibarium

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:02 am
Cut off from her magic as she was, Eve was left unaffected by the Court glamour. Part of her felt it was a shame, because she would've liked the opportunity to look good with no effort... at the same time, she couldn't help but be a little smug that its magic couldn't touch her in such a way (even though that was due to the Spinel Lady's handiwork).

They wandered about for a bit, making more idle conversation as they did so. Eventually they came across a pair of fetches who didn't appear preoccupied with something important, and after they'd noticed each other Eve politely approached them. "Excuse me, but we have a delivery for Silk, for the Charter casting. Would you mind helping us find her? I know she must be busy, so I'm willing to wait if I must."

In spite of being in a sealed container, the pinecone continued to glow and crackle with the fire it had been given.

AMItotic

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:42 pm
"Oh man," said Felt, "You picked just the absolute worst time. Like, I mean, not many people can pick the exact day and hour someone's been told their daughter got her arm chopped off. That takes some real ********' talent."

"This is why you call ahead," said Lace, where she was half-lounging over a sideboard. "Sure. Go past Noel and Noah, first hall on the left, first door on the right. God, moonwalkers. No manners at all. Ever heard of calling ahead?"

AMItotic
cibarium

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:18 pm
"Oh...kay..." Lily stared from one fetch to another, and then back at Eve, looking for guidance as to how she was supposed to respond. Were you supposed to start s**t when you were at another person's house? Lily was pretty sure you weren't supposed to start s**t when you were in another person's house, even if they were being assholes about it. Unsure of how to proceed, she shuffled awkwardly in her killer heels, pulling the pine cone jar a little bit closer to her torso.

"That sucks for...her daughter..." She continued, beginning to walk around the pair at an absence of something more poignant to say. Every few steps she glanced back at Eve, searching for reassurance.

cibarium

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:09 pm
Eve didn't respond to the two fetches beside thanking them for the directions, and her expression stayed lukewarm and neutral until they'd rounded the corner and left their line of sight. Then Lily got to see it fall into something more bitter and exasperated. It was a face that really underlined her distaste for Noble affairs.

She closed her eyes, sighed, and thought. "We can try leaving a note instead of adding more to her day," she said. Thankfully she shared her wife's habit of keeping a notepad around. Eve carefully tore a page out and handed it to Lily, asking, "Mind magicking this up to look nicer? Maybe a letterhead with a fisher and a fox on it... or a nice full moon..." She dug around her bag for a pen.

AMItoti

cibarium
Crew

Noob

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:58 pm
"Dude, what the ********>," Lily murmured in hushed tones once she felt she was out of earshot, mundane or supernaturally enhanced. "Like, what, do I google her number? Oh yeah, lemme just pull up the tripadvisor on the court, I bet all the contact info is on there."

She was still stewing about the moonwalker bit when Eve handed her the paper, but she steadied her breath and willed herself to focus, her brow knitting as she called to the ink on the paper. Lily didn't have much success initially, random blots dotting the page that bubbled and slid like trapped air in plastic wrap, but she reached some sort of compromise by pushing all the pigment to the bottom and then drawing it back up slowly to produce a soft gradient on the page. She handed the pine cone to Eve and went to her phone for more inspiration, thumbing through her albums until she came across a picture the other her had taken, something with the moon over open water at the beach. Lily ran it through a few black and white filters, and when she swiped with one finger, the photo slid from her phone to the paper as a stylized line drawing, and she tilted it with two fingers until it was centered, size-adjusted, and vaguely pretentious looking.

"So does this count as backwards-compatible or cross-platform programming?" she wondered to herself, looking from her phone to the page. She held up the letterhead for Eve's inspection, and as an afterthought nudged a thin ripple at the bottom into existence as a footer. "I don't think you'd want me to try and draw one of us. I can't even draw a stick figure."

cibarium

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:10 am
Eve smiled appreciatively at the improved paper. "This should do just fine," she said, and used the rest of the notepad as a writing surface.

Quote:
Hello Silk,

First, we extend our apologies for trying to reach you at an inappropriate time. We have entrusted Noah and Noel with the item we crafted for the Charter casting: this one is aligned with elemental fire. You will find the materials and methods on the next page to assure you of its quality.

Thank you for the work you and your colleagues have put into this endeavor so far.

With due respect and warm regards,
Eve Fitzpatrick & Lily Babineaux

She wrote a bit slowly, in even professional script, and after signing it she invited Lily to do the same.

"Noel and Noah should be just up ahead this way," she said, and they continued down the hall as directed by the other fetches they had encountered.

amitotic
tag shiibe back in on your post? :3

cibarium
Crew

Noob

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:02 am
Lily watched as Eve penned out their response, and then she added her signature in scratchy cursive on the bottom. "I'm glad you're here to do all the diplomatic stuff," she admitted, handing the paper back after she'd finished. Standing tall, she followed Eve down the hall with measured steps, her eyes forward and her free hand on Eve's shoulder. Even without the pack touch, it was a comfort.

cibarium

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:51 pm
cibarium
yeah so i actually DO need the materials and methods used

AMItotic
i am not counting this item as done until i have that

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:38 pm
The second page of the note read as follows:

Quote:
Materials:
Unopened cone of the pitch pine (a species which relies on fire to reproduce)
Red glitter glue
Salt
Hot pepper paste
1 bay leaf
3 cloves
3 drops of oil of sandalwood
1 small handful of fresh vervain flowers

Method:
1. Cone decorated in red glitter.
2. Created circle of salt and a triangle within from the paste
3. Bay leaf, cloves, oil and vervain placed within triangle
4. Decorated cone placed within triangle on top of items in step 3
5. Items burned through with a fire of magical origin

Eve checked it through one more time before approaching Noah and Noel.

"Hello, Noah; Noel," she said. "My name is Eve, this is Lily... we came to deliver an item for the Charter casting." Presenting the jar with the pinecone inside and the accompanying letter, she continued, "And I understand we picked a particularly bad time to arrive unannounced. May we leave this with you two?"

She opened the jar so the item within could be inspected more closely. It still glowed like a hot coal in spite of having been kept in an airtight container and smelled sort of like a kitchen in the middle of holiday dinner preparations. The letter was also passed along to read. Once Eve's hands were free she gave a reassuring squeeze to Lily's hand on her shoulder.

amittic
shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:43 pm
Noah took the item and shrugged. "That'll do, I guess," said Noah. "Thanks."

cibarium
AMItotic

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:34 pm
"Oh, cool," Lily responded with a stoic nod as she watched the transaction occur. "Is she going to be okay? That whole situation sounds kind ********." It wasn't a question she would have asked Silk herself, but seeing as how everyone in the assembly was at least one degree removed from the situation, she didn't see how it could hurt.

cibarium

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:32 pm
"If I'd gotten that kind of news about one of my children..." Eve let herself trail off. The situation with Ezra didn't quite compare, but even so, she could feel some sympathy for whatever Silk must have been going through. She shook her head slowly. "It will take time, I imagine."

The weird feeling of the air was starting to get distracting, almost agitating. Eve was ready to be back home.

"Thank you both for the accomodation. If I come around here again I'll have to bring tea."

shibrogane
this can be a close :3 unless you want to reply to lily!
amitotic

cibarium
Crew

Noob

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out