Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE (Shiloh & Preacher)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:37 pm
    Beel had done exactly what he promised; they wound their way through Court, ignored the probing eyes of the fetches shuffling around the open halls, and eventually found their way to the more dreary and dusty corridors of the place. Or maybe dusty was the wrong word... everything in Court was spotless, after all, but it was entirely obvious that these halls were largely unoccupied. "Here, this one." Beel led the both of them to a door, "I don't know what you'll find on the other side, but this domain feels relatively stable for the moment. Don't dawdle."

Shiloh nodded, "Yeah, yeah. We're not gonna get killed."

Beel gave him a pointed look, "That would be very unwise, given your position."

Beel left shortly there after, leaving Shiloh alone with Preacher. The Noble put his hand on the handle and noted how it refused to budge at first, but hey, we were talking about a literal key here. A few more jostles and the door eventually opened, but the space inside wasn't nearly as grand or amazing as Shiloh's domain. That was to say, the space seemed like it was being used as storage, and the room was stacked to the ceiling with arbitrary stuff.

"I guess we're literally diving." Shiloh said. Where the hell did you even begin with this sort of stuff?

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:03 am
While Beel had ignored the fetches that looked at them curiously, Preacher had winked at a few. Her motto had always sort of been a whole 'if they are looking, might as well give 'em a show' type of thing. It was a good thing she wasn't particularly shy about most things. "When is gettin' killed wise, anyhow?" But it was sort of a rhetorical question.

She peered into the room. Goodness, but it was chock full of stuff. It made her want to take everything for herself because it was free, right? "Alright, if we lookin' for some kinda heart wood.... wassit look like?"

melacholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:01 pm
    Shiloh, who had grown up poor without a whole lot to his name, shared Preacher's silent sentiment. There was just... so much stuff, why wouldn't he want to yoink it? Then again, the room he shared with Jamie was crammed full of stuff as it was; it wasn't like they had the room for any of the fancy things he saw before them.

They really needed to buck up and move out.

"It's like... normal wood. Kinda dark colored." Shiloh explained, "The thing that makes it different is when you touch it, and then it becomes red." And unfortunately, this room was stocked with desks and shelves and all sorts of wooden units that weren't discernible from afar. "There's some other doors in here too. Wonder where they lead..."

But he supposed he should stay focused. Giving his shoulder's a quick stretch, he wandered off to start sifting through the loads of junk.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:15 pm
"So basically, we gotta touch all tha s**t." She flexed her fingers experimentally. To be frank, they still felt kind of horrible, the skin all tight and painful. Maybe she could just press her chest bodily against things.

She wandered over to a precarious stack of desks and chairs and began touching them. "Are we lookin for anything like.... fiery or pure-ish in gen?" What could even be considered purification? Preacher opened a drawer and frowned. Paper was inside, yellowed by age, the ink too faded to read a single word.

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:01 pm
    "So basically, yeah." Shiloh looked over at her, still remembering the hands. Hey, if she could throw punches with them and fight with the best of them, then he wasn't going to doubt her 'touch this, touch that' ability. "I guess if there's anything that sticks out to you. The idea of an everlasting flame seems like it could cover our purification base..." He mulled it over for a little bit.

"...don't they have like, candles and stuff that ward off insects and s**t? Maybe if you could mold the flame in a way like that... it'd... be sort of making a protective barrier?" It was a stretch and his wording was messy as hell. "I dunno what exactly you'd be warding against, but maybe something like that?"

He fished around in a precarious looking pile, only to lose his just-begun game of Court jenga. A removed book caused the tower to waver, and suddenly Shiloh had been buried alive. He'd be alright.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:27 pm
Preacher, meanwhile has scaled a precarious stack of chairs to retrieve something shiny. It wasn't heartwood, but it was vaguely mechanical and she shoved it in her bag before they was a loud crash.

"Ya dead down there, kickflip? Need a ...hand?"

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:33 pm
    Shiloh's voice was muffled when he answered, "Fix your own damn hands first before you go offerin' them to people." A hefty grunt later and he was in the process of unearthing himself from the wreckage. "I can get Beel to clean it up later. That sounds ********' rude but he likes cleaning." Which was the truth. Any one of Melany's fetches was good about being tidy after all.

"This kind of sucks though. There's so much crap here and half of its buried..." He poked around until he found what seemed to be the makings of a kitchen armoire, the wood old and aged by looks alone, let alone any actual knowledge on it. He blew some dust off of the brass handle to peek inside.

What d'you know, the kitchen cabinet was full of kitchen utensils, what a mind blowing discovery. "At least it makes sense I guess," He said mildly as he plucked out a large wooden spoon, "Oh s**t—"

The wood was red under his thumb.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:48 pm
"Hey! I didn't burn my ********' self, asswipe!" She curled her hands into her chest briefly before clambering down the tower. Something else made its way into her bag.

"Oh s**t, what? Did ya fall again? Kickflip beaten ta death by storage space." Except she could see he wasn't buried again. He was, however, looking at something. "Whatcha got?"

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:19 pm
    "I'd be real concerned if you burned yourself that bad." He said as he held the spoon out for observation. The banter might have been aggressive, but Shiloh seemed to be pretty fond of it all things considered; it was fun, even if it bordered on too-far sometimes, "Anyway, check it out."

"This whole cabinet is full of s**t, it's like an entire dining set." He peeked back in, marveling at the serving utensils and bowls and plates... "We could prolly carve some of these into something else if we really want, but uh." He looked over again, "I draw, I don't sculpt."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:30 pm
"Coulda been a bonfire gone rogue," she pointed out. "It weren't, though. N' I ain't sculpt either.... I draw." Her voice had an edge of suspicion, The coincidence was too coincidental. (It wasn't too coincidental)

"I pop 'round in tha court to draw s**t sometimes. I ain't draw right now, though, not enough fine motor control." She looked at the spoon. "A ********' spoon won't work, we need something that can be on fire n' contain tha fire. D'you see any, like, tupperware or bowls or s**t?"

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:37 pm
    "No s**t the spoon isn't going to work, that's why I said the cabinet was full of stuff." Christ it was like her hearing was as bad as her vision. Shiloh rummaged around a little more to produce a bowl, "You think this is gonna work?"

He wiggled it.

"I didn't really peg you for the drawing type, but that's kinda cool. You should show me your stuff sometime." He felt a little bad for poking fun at the burns now; he'd punched concrete till his knuckles bruised and cracked, he knew what it was like to be put out of commission for a while.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:06 pm
Preacher scowled at him. He didn't need to treat her as though she was stupid. "I think that can work, if we want it to. Magic is big on tha whole 'believe in fairies' bullshit." She reached out to touched it, but it barely reacted to her hands since they were banaged. Preached wasn't about to shove the bowl down her shirt just to make it red, though.

"Imagine bringin' a bowl fulla never-ending fire. How cool would we be? N' maybe, maybe I'll show ya, if you show me." And if he wasn't a tool.

"We should get diff' types o' fire n' see what all takes."

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:14 pm
    Shiloh laid off a little at the scowl; alright, alright, too much. Boundaries Beaumont, you can respect them. "It would be pretty neat. I think we could do it." He was nodding, "We'd prolly have to fireproof the bowl somehow though... or make it so that it regenerates as fast as it burns."

He huffed.

"Sorry. I don't mind showing off my art though. I ain't tryin' to be a d**k either." Jamie had taught him this amazing concept called being mindful and apologizing; might as well put it to work.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:09 pm
"Or.... rather than fire-proofin', what if we-all tell tha fire it ain't allowed ta burn tha bowl?" She supposed that was sort of another way to fire-proof.

"But I like tha bowel." She nodded. "Wanna meet up later n' enchant tha s**t outta it? N... I guess you jus' born a d**k. It's cool, me too." Preacher grinned at him, outrage clearly forgotten for now.

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:16 pm
    "Works for me." He managed a smile, "Just dish it back out if I go too far yeah? Then we can at least be even."

It made sense to him anyway.

"I'll go ahead and give you my number if you want, or you could just message me on the listserv." Then again, her hands, "Or I mean if you can make it back to Court you can ask Beel to find me. Son of a b***h always seems to know where I am. Either way, we can mess around with the enchanting when we sit down to do it."

He looked around, then made his way towards the door with the bowl tucked under his arm. "C'mon before Beel has a conniption 'cause we're taking too long."

The Semblance of Unity
ftb?

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces