[PRP] A Familiar Face [Caderyn & Kiri]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:24 pm
The afternoon was pleasant, if a bit cooler than Kiri was accustomed. While the Western Continent did sport a few areas that received snowfall, much of the island was warmer than what High Reaches Weyr offered. It was one of the many differences between the two Weyrs, something she had taken to noting whenever she came to visit.

Her visits were infrequent -- with Thread's return it meant that K'din was busy daily with sweeps, drills, and Threadfall. Today was supposed to be the greenrider's day off, bu apparently his Wingleader pulled an unexpected snap drill -- something unplanned and unexpected. While every rider knew there was the possibility of a drill being called anytime, Kiri had to wonder what politics were going on that the riders would be called in on a rest-day. Her brother had looked grieved by the prospect, but she had assured him she could take care of herself while he did his duty. It wasn't as if she needed to be entertained, and she knew she'd see K'din and Shinnikan at the evening meal.

They would have some time yet to socialize, before K'din would drop her off back at Western, and her life as a Candidate would resume.

It was a quick social visit, but Kiri treasured what little time she did get with her family. Thankfully, she was understood they both had their own lives, and wasn't the sort of woman who needed to be at the center of their world. No, she was more than happy to enjoy what time she did get, and was grateful for the checkup. While it was disappointing that K'din had to be called away so suddenly, it did allow her time to wander. She was an outsider, sure, but with a clutch on the Sands -- something she couldn't help be a smidgen jealous about -- she was certain new faces would continue to crop up more and more. Nobody here knew who she was, and that suited her just fine.

So it was, Kiri paused now and then in the Bowl, watching riders and weyrfolk bustle to and fro. She couldn't keep herself from looking up to watch the dragons glide from one side of the Bowl to to the other, toting passengers here or there, or popping into- and outof- the cold of Between. High Reaches ran a tight ship -- everyone always seemed to have somewhere to go, or somewhere else to be. While Western had gotten a bit busier with Thread's return, there didn't seem to be as much hustle-and-bustle as in High Reaches.

But then again, this Weyr was larger and more crowded than her home island. She wondered if this is what Western would turn into, and knew only time would tell. So it was, with her head lost in the clouds, the girl made her way slowly, and distractedly, through the Bowl. The walk would do her good, and if she were lucky, she might find someone worth saying hello to, or at least someone who didn't look like they were overly rushed or busy.

BastetAmun
Tag! Sorry for the delay. I can throw her anywhere, tbh -- wasn't sure where Caderyn might be so kept her opening post a bit generic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:14 am
Although he had managed to finish his studies and chores fairly early, Caderyn had his hands full. He had been hoping to relax and spend some time getting his thoughts together as well. It had been hectic here, not that it wasn't normally fast paced, but he was use to that. Ever since Uridith had taken flight and Takarath had caught her, the weyr had been abuzz. He was just as abuzz with excitement because of the clutch that was on the sands, it was one of the reasons he wanted to try and get his thoughts together.

Of course that wasn't going to happen today. As Caderyn had been trying to move through the bowl to find a place where he could sit Myrddin had been on his shoulder but the flit had lighted away when they neared some food. It was very quick that Caderyn found himself having to apologize and wrangle Myrddin. Just as he was trying this, a screech came out and Caderyn saw Tanis, his father's green flit, tackle Myrddin holding her clutch mate down. Her screeches sounded reprimanding and Caderyn turned his attention back to the party that Myrddin had assaulted for food. The boy apologized before turning and grabbing the two firelizards.

Doing his best to find a place that was away from the crowds, especially from any food. Tanis looked proud as she moved off of Myrddin, moving to light upon Caderyn's shoulder. He lightly brushed his hand over her head, it wasn't strange for Tanis to spend time with the two of them when his father and Gareth were busy with sweeps. "You cannot keep just taking any food that you want." Caderyn hissed this as Myrddin as the firelizard did his best to ignore him.

MasterHarper
No worries and no rush. Hope Kiri likes firelizard chaos. I'm assuming she can see or heard the commotion that Myrddin caused.

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:28 pm
BastetAmun

There was some sort of commotion, and Kiri couldn't help but look to see the source. It sounded like some sort of squabbling fire-lizard, and the girl had to wonder if everything was all right. Thankfully, she didn't have to wonder long. Instead, the girl had to give a double take.

Well, well, well, wouldn't you know! Her eyes lit and she quickly changed course so she might intersect with Caderyn and his lot. While she didn't recognize the green-firelizard, the bronze, though substantially larger, was easily remembered. With a laugh, the girl asked, "Still causing every bit of trouble stealing food, I see," she grinned at the dark-haired boy and his pair of flits, not overly worried if she wasn't remembered. Kiri could make friends out of anyone, and if she had to re-acquaint herself, than so be it.

"I suppose he's simply being true to himself," she added with another laugh. While she couldn't encourage the behavior, as it would be troublesome if the firelizards weren't kept in line, it was sort of funny all the same. Every firelizard was unique, though it looked like the little bronze had a new companion to keep it in line. Either Caderyn was lucky in his fire-lizard obtainment, or this one was a very familiar friend.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:12 am
Seeing someone approaching, Tanis turned her head from Myrddin, pausing in her own scolding of her sibling and watched as the girl came nearer. Caderyn, for his part, didn't notice anyone until he heard a voice. His eyes turned to look at the girl who spoke to him and he paused, her words suggested they had met before but he knew she wasn't a candidate here. How did she know about Myrddin liking to steal food? Myrddin let out a screech of happiness when he saw Kiri and he fluttered over to her, seeming to be searching for something. It was this action that made the puzzle pieces click in Caderyn's head.

"Kiri." He had only met her once when the firelizards had hatched and Myrddin had gone for her bit of food first before latching onto his and impressing to him. He still felt a little bashful about the whole thing. He should have known then that Myrddin was going to be a trouble maker. "Yes. He keeps me busy." Although his tone was resigned, Caderyn still loved the trouble maker. "True to himself maybe. I do wonder sometimes if the fact I have a troublemaker of a flit means I'll attract a dragon who is a troublemaker."

He shook his head, noticing her eyes on Tanis and Tanis was staring right at her. He pointed to Tanis. "This is my father's flit. He managed to Impress even though he had just taken me there. She spends time with me when both he and Gareth are busy. Which I do like, she helps me keep Myrddin in line." He found it funny how he acted like a mother hen. She acted so much older then she really was.

MasterHarper
[/quote'

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:58 pm
BastetAmun

Kiri laughed as the little bronze screeched and came over. "Oh, you little mischief maker!" She didn't pull away or object to the little bronze firelizard poking around -- she didn't have much on her of interest. At least, she didn't think so! "I didn't bring any treats today, so you're plum out of luck." Ah, but the little one was growing fast, for all that his thieving hadn't changed.

Her eyes were quick to look up at the dark haired Candidate, and her grin broadened. "So you do remember me! I wasn't sure you would." She hadn't expected to run into the other lad, but she hadn't forgotten him. How could she? That afternoon had been rather memorable, even if she hadn't walked away with a firelizard all her own. To see all the people gathered together, and all the baby firelizards bonded... it had been a truly great experience. Like a mini hatching! Honestly, the entire affair had left her more excited than ever about potentially Impressing, or at least standing for a clutch.

When Caderyn mentioned his concern about impressing a troublemaker, she gave a little laugh and shake of her head. "You could! I think with this fellow it was just luck of the draw; but a troublesome dragon might think you could use a little excitement, and try to shake things up." Honestly, Kiri didn't really know what made a dragon pick one person over another, but the matches were always considered ideal. "I certainly wouldn't mind a troublemaker -- sometimes you need to shake things up, after all!"

Her eyes glanced from the boy to the Hatching grounds. "I hear there are eggs on the Sands here. Are you looking forward to the Hatching? We're pretty barren over at Western right now, but rumors say that Sheyoth's due to rise sometime this Turn." She didn't know how many golds were at High Reaches, or even which queen had flown, but to know that a Hatching would be imminent had to make things more real. Sometimes the lot of a Candidate felt nothing more like drudgery.

Kiri was surprised when Caderyn explained that the green firelizard was the same age as Myrrdin. "Well hello there," she greeted with a smile. "Such a mature little lady, keeping this one in line." Kiri was almost jealous at how thoroughly surroudned by dragons and flits Caderyn's lot in life afforded him.
She had always had a keen interest in felines, but had only recently found herself more and more charmed by the winged beasts of Pern. Unfortunately, she only knew her brother's green lady, and only got to see her once every great while.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:04 am
Myrddin let out a plaintive little creel when she said she didn't have any snacks, though he did settle happily onto her shoulder, wanting to stay away from the nagging green. Tanis, for her part, watched Kiri closely.

"Why wouldn't I have remembered you?" Yeah, he hadn't at first, not right away but she didn't have to know that. "I mean, it was because that mischievous flit stole your food first and then came to me that I have him in the first place." Her mention of luck of the draw had him chuckle though he faltered for a moment of her mentioning a more energetic dragon thinking he needed excitement. "Too much excitement might be a bad thing." He tried to imagine himself chasing after a hatchling as it barreled through the weyr making more of a mess then Myrddin ever made. Lord...he hoped if he did impress that wouldn't happen.

At these thoughts his eyes had moved over to the hatching sands. They hadn't seen the eggs yet, hadn't had the touching yet either but he was excited for it, like he always was. "Yeah. Uridith took flight and clutched. It's her first clutch at High Reaches, she and her rider weren't originally from here, so it was kind of a surprise." He had to smile again though and nod his head. "I am excited, like I always am. It's a chance that I might find my bonded, if that's supposed to happen."

Tanis preened when Kiri turned her attention to her, calling her mature. Yes, she was very mature, a lot better then that bronze that was on Kiri's shoulder currently messing with her hair.

Masterharper

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:02 pm
BastetAmun

Kiri couldn't keep the beam off her face when the troublesome bronze firelizard settled upon her shoulder, even as he started tangling up her hair. Though she didn't have any food, she did reach a hand up so she might offer the creature a few scritches. Honestly, the little creatures reminded her of felines, in a way -- mischievous, playful, and as varied in personality from one to the other. Unlike felines, though, she wasn't entirely accustomed to holding them. Thankfully, Myrddin seemed to know how to settle himself.

"Yeah, but it's also thanks to me that you're now the owner of a little food thief," she laughed. " You might be cursing my name and trying to forget all about that fun little beach trip. But at least he's cute, right?" She added, not wanting the little bronze to think she was picking on him. "I promise next time I won't visit empty handed," she added cheerfully to the little bronze.

Looking back to Caderyn, she also took a moment to imagine what a dragon-sized trouble maker might be. While there was some sort of appeal, she did imagine that High Reaches Weyr was a bit stuffy for such a creature, and would probably give the boy no amount of grief. "Mm, I suppose you could be right. Though who knows? I suppose you could wind up Impressing anything, really." And if she gave a bit of a wistful sigh, it couldn't be helped. Western Weyr was quiet, and Kiri hadn't yet stood for an actual clutch, having been recuperating from a nasty bout of firehead when Sharath and Niyath's clutch hatched.

"How long have you been standing, if that's not too nosy a question? I was only Searched last Turn, so haven't really had the full experience. Only my oldest brother Impressed, and he did so his first Hatching. I can't say I'm expecting the same results," she added with another little grin. "But it certainly sounds like quite the experience. Who knows? Maybe you've just been waiting for Uridith all this time."

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games