shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:36 pm
The Semblance of Unity
Subject: Melany
To: "Horace Nokoni"

Hello,

I heard from a mutual friend that Melany is staying with you. Is there a time we could meet up to talk about her? I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
e. fitzpatrick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:44 pm
shibrogane
Subject: RE: Melany
To: e.fitz.0191@riderwaite.edu

Hi,

Im afraid youre mistaken. I know her, but im unsure where shes staying rn.
Why?

-horace

Horace frowned, then called back into the kitchen. "Hey, Mels, did you tell your ex where you were staying?"  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:56 pm
Melany called back: "I haven't spoken to him since, like, February," which wasn't really an answer? Sparing Horace pointing that out, she added, "And I threw my phone away, remember?"

The Semblance of Unity
I'm worried about her. She's not answering my texts. And I'm not sure that your email and mine are both uncompromised. Speaking in person really would be better.
-E.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:08 am
"Yeah, I know. I just don't get how he knows where you are." He spent a long time debating his response. "D'you want me to meet up with him? You can come if you want."

shibrogane

look youve got the wrong guy. i see her around sometimes and if i do, i can tell her to give you a buzz? but youre barking up the wrong tree.

did you ask shiloh? i think they are friends.

-horace

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:08 pm
"I don't want him to see me like this," said Melany, peeking around into the living room. She looked lopsided; she looked like she felt lopsided. "But... I'm worried, he used to have a problem with alcohol, if he was drinking so much at the conference..."

The Semblance of Unity
Please.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:02 pm
Horace looked at Melany and frowned, rubbing the shaved side of his head. She was obviously still into him, even if Horace wasn't sure Ezra was good enough for her. He immediately wanted to say that she looked fine, which she did - to him, at least physically. But Horace knew she wouldn't agree. Maybe when she had her arm back. She at least seemed to be healing okay.

"I mean, I guess I can check on him and report back for you." But what kind of flimsy, shoddy excuse could he type in an email? He would never, never, ever admit to Melany living in his home. It would be tantamount to betrayal; it wasn't his secret to tell, it was Melany's. And if she hadn't told Ezra, then neither would he - which meant flat-out denial was the only option.

Quote:
To: E. F.

bro i dunno what to tell you. most i can do is meet up, grab your message and pass it along to her if i happen to see her? im not a great courier service, but i guess if youre resorting to me youve exhausted other options.

but like i cant guarantee id even see her. she hasnt been around town much lately, i feel.

where?

-horace

shibrogane
oh man horace woulda gone for any other reason than 'melany lives with you' haha. he's super into not compromising her safety in any perceivable way

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:34 am
"Thank you, Horace," Melany said, smiling gratefully. "I really appreciate it. I owe you one."

The Semblance of Unity
Thank you.

The public spaces of the Court on the other side? There's not many places more friendly to her and less likely to be populated by hostile ears.

When the time came, Ezra was already waiting. He was, as usual, unaffected by the Court glamour that made others dress like they'd just escaped a haute couture show. Still, he'd dressed a bit, throwing a blazer on over a pale coral shirt. "Horace," he said. "Thanks for meeting with me."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:33 pm
"Nah, you don't owe me anything, Mels. I'm gonna go wander around until the otherworld schloops me up so I can meet him. I'll see you in a bit, okay?" He stood and, as he passed by her, reached out to touch her good shoulder a bit. No shock; it seemed to be coming less frequently around certain people. "Don't turn into a worrywart like me." Then he was out, bag slung across his chest.

----

Some time later, he'd managed to find his way into the court. The space, as usual, had changed his clothing a bit, although this time it was a rather sober velvet suit in pearl grey. "Sorry, Ezra, it took me a while to get here. Nice shirt - that's a handy trick."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:35 pm
"Hm?" Ezra looked down at his shirt. "Oh. The magic doesn't like me like that, I don't think." He didn't smile but he looked like he was thinking about it. "It's fine. I was actually hoping... I'm collating the retraction of consent for the old Charter. Like I said, I don't trust that there's not someone watching your email or mine, and someone's trying to mess with the whole recreation anyway..."

He sighed. "Anyway, I just need your thumbprint."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:06 pm
He frowned. "But we're doing that when we dissemble and destroy it, then remake it anew." While it was certainly true someone was trying to mess with things, he thought that they had to do everything in one giant go because of the nature of the charter and the magic bound to it.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:30 pm
"It was on the list of things Odal wanted acquired beforehand," said Ezra. "What if all the signatories aren't there? It could go bad quickly. As long as the deer triplets don't give their permission before the day of, nothing will change."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:20 pm
Horace frowned, remembering the words Odal had written perfectly. He'd certainly not gotten the impression that Odal needed the consent before... it had just said the signatories needed to be gathered.

"Well, I'm certainly going to be there then. It's far more likely the deer triplets not showing, so I'll hold off." The destruction and creation needed to happen at the same time. "Did you want me to try to find Melany to pass a message?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:28 pm
There was a twitch just below Ezra's right eye, beneath the shiny burn scars. They seemed to be spreading. "I know damn well where Melany is, and this game is very boring to me," he said. "And if you want her freed, you'll give your consent now."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:40 pm
Wouldn't this... have been mentioned? "Considering your overall actions at the meeting, you don't mind if I n** over a bit and talk to Silk, will you?" Horace had a sinking feeling that maybe Ezra didn't really care about how Melany was doing right now, and he kind of wanted to yell that Melany was fine and missing an arm and someone like him should be there for and with her.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:47 pm
"In fact," said Ezra, "I do."

His stare was intense, and he didn't seem to be blinking.

"Silk's quite busy, and she doesn't like unscheduled interlopers."

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas