Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:00 am
treats

"Mink?"

Chester shot to his feet just as he had after every bump and rustle he'd heard this morning, leaving the book he had been reading behind on the couch. It was one of the only pieces of non-kitchen-related furniture downstairs after the de-Soxing, but there would surely be more to come. Saving the world kind of took priority over picking out coffee tables.

He bent to retrieve the bag of cat treats he'd bought at Petco on a whim, shaking them once in what he hoped was an enticing promise.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:53 pm
treats

There was a low but incredibly loud meow, coming from behind the couch. However, looking behind it would only reveal nothing but dust. Another meow sounded from the hall closet then, from right behind Chester.

It seemed as though Mink wanted to play hide and seek.  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:57 pm
a rat's nest

"Hey, Initials," she said abruptly. "Wash m'hair. I'll pay ya." Preacher couldn't do it with her bandages - technically, she was supposed to have help showering, but she mainly did washcloth baths. Washcloths would not cut it on the thick mass of hair that flopped all the way down her back.

"Y'ain't busy, are ya? I need it."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:01 pm
make like a tree

Preacher came down stairs only to find Chester standing in front of the fridge. She slowed, making sure her feet made very little noise. Then, she crept up behind him. Unfortunately, Preacher didn't really have a plan beyond the creeping, so she stood there for a second, staring upward. And upward.

"Who tha ******** said ya could be so tall?"

smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:07 pm
treats

He knew what Mink could do with his voice, but he followed anyway, at least this first time. Unless he could also teleport, Chester was now aware of at least two places where the cat was not.

He opened the hall closet and shook the bag. "I've got a present for you."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:20 pm
a rat's nest

Chester had been trying to be a good roommate in the wake of Preacher's mysterious injuries. He had offered to hold things for her, had tried to intercept her writing information down that needed writing, and had kept the house as clean as he could, given everything else that had been going on. He had briefly wondered how she was keeping clean herself, since she didn't smell any differently than she usually did, but he deemed that sort of question too personal to ask. He guessed now that it wasn't.

"I... could?" He sat up straighter. "I mean, I will, if you don't think I'll mess it up."

He sighed on the inside. How could one mess up hair?

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:39 pm
make like a tree

Sandwich or burrito. Sandwich or burrito. Sandwich or b—

Chester started so violently that he jolted the refridgerator door, sending the condiments and colas clinking cheerily against one another. He closed his eyes, took a couple of breaths, and turned to face her, closing the fridge behind him.

"I don't know," he said, sarcastically stymied. "But my parents are too, so I guess they must have asked the DNA fairies to pass it along."

He stepped to one side, aiming to move around her and get some chips instead.

The Semblance of Unity
sorry all this baus alliteration kinda just happened and now i'm ashamed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:22 am
a rat's nest

"It ain't rocket science, jus' m'hair. Long as you don' pull it out, I think we're good." She was clearly torn between being pleased that Chester had agreed and embarrassed for even having to ask. Preacher had noticed how he'd taken over little things, tried to help out, and it made the fiercely independent side of her want to rebel. ....Even if she simply couldn't do as much right now.

She shifted her weight onto her uninjured foot and sighed, an angry little puff of breath. "It's gross n' dry shampoo ain't work." It was driving her crazy. Then she shot him an odd sort of smile. "C'mon." She'd have to tell him thanks later.  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:26 am
make like a tree

Preacher snorted loudly. The startle was pretty dramatic and highly amusing. She was a terrible housemate.

"Some guys get all tha genetic luck, I guess." She stretched, tilting her neck to the side with a crack and then she seemed to shrink. Where Preacher had been, a mink was busy scrambling up Chester Poole in an attempt to sit on his shoulder.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:30 am
treats

Mink took his sweet time before meowing again. He liked treats, and Chester seemed alright, but the cat was far too mischievous for his own good. That is... he liked to make things difficult. For Preacher, he would eventually just appear - mainly because Preacher would just stand in one spot and yell at him until he did, but this guy was willing to play a bit.

The meow came from the kitchen, but there was a weird thumb upstairs.

smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:57 am
make like a tree

He was one step closer to his snack when he noticed Preacher disappearing out of the corner of his eye. Or... shrinking... a fact he confirmed when he looked her way again. He might have had time for awe or curiosity had she not promptly begun to scale him like some sort of conquering hero.

An uncontrolled sound akin to a giggle escaped him, though it was less teehee and more a huff of air. It was an odd disconnect to see an animal he knew should have been wild climbing his leg in the middle of his house. Chips forgotten, he began to slowly circle the kitchen island and move toward the living room once she'd reached his shoulder.

"How's the air up here?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:47 am
treats

He was about ready to give up, but just as he turned to go back to his book, Mink gave him another hint. The thump was far more interesting though, and as Chester made his way upstairs, he tried to tiptoe for maximum stealth. It was harder to tiptoe on stairs than he thought.  

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:38 am
groovy, man

Chester had been meaning to clean out his phone for months now, but school and work and magic had kept actually accomplishing that at the bottom of his list. He happened to be doing something else that required hooking it up to his computer today, or it might have been another year before he saw the pictures he had forgotten.

"Hey," he said once he'd found Preacher. "I've got something you should see." He hoped she wouldn't be too annoyed that he'd kept them from her for so long, but he honestly hadn't recalled they were there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:45 am
a rat's nest

It was less the pulling and more the sheer quantity of it that had him concerned. As of this moment, his hair was approaching the longest it had ever been, and it still wasn't much past his ears. Also, there was the issue of doing this at all. It seemed terribly intimate, even if it was, as she'd said, just hair.

He picked up his mug before he followed her, looking for something to do with his hands even though they would be occupied soon enough.

The Semblance of Unity

Smerdle

Scamp

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:54 pm
treats

Mink had the ears of a cat, but he was both lazy and easily bored. So he waited for Chester, tail flicking lazily out of one of the bedrooms. He was king cat and deserved to be treated like one instead of being called. Suddenly, the tail disappeared as he pulled it close.  
ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff