Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:44 pm
azuredreams

To: Solarius

Hey, I've been reading on some stuff related to that whole charter thing. How does one 'symbolize' air?

There was about 30 seconds and then another text

Quote:

I mean, besides making a cloud in a bottle?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:35 pm
Quote:
tab text to: mighty cass

depends on what you're wanting to manifest. a cloud in a bottle could work but so could something like a gemstone that is attached to the air element.

The phone dinged a moment later with another text.

demon_pachabel

come by and i can help or, at least, point you some directions for what to use. looking into elemental magic isn't necessarily a thing to be done on your own.

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:57 pm
Quote:

Oh, so we're not looking to be that specific.

She'd pinged off her reply before the second text came in.

Azuredreams

Sure thing. Need me to pick up anything for you on the way over? Just cause I'll be out and about and hey, one less errand?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:21 pm
Quote:

for what is being request, specific is better, but it is best to have a wide knowledge manifestations of the air element before you focus on the creation of one.

Jeremiah was sitting on his couch, a 3DS to the side and a cat on his chest. His work laptop and paperwork was already put aside, taken care of for the time being. He glanced around and then sighed. For once Jeremiah was never more aware of just how many people knew him since people he barely recognized had stopped by.

demon_pachabel

at the moment, no. i am surprisingly well stocked on things i could need. just bring yourself,
that'll likely do wonders.

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:25 pm
azuredreams

That's fair. I guess it'll just be me then. I'll also just let myself in. You've been warned!

25 minutes later, 'just me' turned out to be Cass, a grocery bag, and one of her boxes of cinnamon rolls. She didn't immediately run about the house to find Jeremiah, instead fussing around in the kitchen and shouting from it; "So I brought some stuff for things I want to try cooking this week. I scribbled my initials on them, but I think you'd already recognize what is yours, I just wanted it here since I was heading over here already." Things clattered and opened and closed as she went about putting things away before she finally moved to actually go on the hunt for Jeremiah.

She paused in the doorway, looking at him, then at the small offering of goodies around him. Her expression was quizzical, the implications of the Shrine-of-Jeremiah not quite striking her just yet.

"Well, you've certainly had a lot of visitors. No wonder you didn't need anything from me."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:43 am
demon_pachabella

does this mean i should find my face to put on? i suppose it does.

"There should be a shelf cleared out for you to use. I moved the things you've brought to it," Jeremiah called back out. He raised an eyebrow at her expression, and once she was closer enough and not so far the bruising was still obvious. His left eye was still bloodshot and his face was a mottle of blues and purples that edged in green and yellow. It continued for what was visible of his neck and for what was visible of his skin under the layers of clothing he wore. For once the chill was actually helping.

A leg, his right, was propped up on the coffee table (which had his work laptop on it and a neat pile of paperwork to be taken back in). Hellbine had moved, no longer on him but in the bay window in the sun next to the piano. Jeremiah had turned the television on but it was at a barely heard volume and clearly just there for noise.

For the moment, he seemed to be flipping through a notebook with another book (of the magical information persuasion) sitting to his side.  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:30 am
"Awww, a whole shelf just for me already? I feel so special." Because it wasn't like she normally had a shelf or a drawer at homes that weren't hers. It was funny to think that if she just vanished one day, she'd leave an empty space in someone's home. At least for a bit.

The quizzical look on her face was slowly replaced by something more....concerned. She'd been in enough scuffles to know what a 'normal' bruise looked like, and frankly Jeremiah looked like someone had hit his face with a car (a very small one). They'd hit his everything with the tiny car. Cass it was an actual car, not a small one.

"Man, you're too sturdy to have fallen and ******** yourself up," Cass, language, "do I need to go beat someone up with a bat full of nails? I think I have one in the trunk of my car." As she spoke, Cass pulled up a chair, peering curiously at the book that Jeremiah had laying out.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:57 pm
His phone was also a new one, set off to the side on the coffee table, dinged with a message that was ignored for the time being. "I would request that you don't tell me that you have such a thing in your trunk but at this point I'd probably be considering it's use myself."

Still he was quiet, choosing his words before he spoke again. "Someone, potentially tied to one of my detectives, decided that I needed to be removed from play." A breath. "Likewise, was at least a little bit aware that I am not someone easily killed." His fingers were held out, wiggling for Cass to join him on the couch instead of the chair. The book next to him read A STUDY OF MAGICAL ARTIFACTS AND THEIR CRAFT.

He wouldn't say the next bit until she was sitting next to him.

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:41 pm
"So I should keep the dead body and the kidnapped child in there to myself too?" She joked, fairly certain that Jeremiah wouldn't actually want to go check her car to see if she was serious. Marcus would have checked twice, most likely.

Jeremiah was starting to outline something out of one of her own personal nightmares, the concern edging into her expression like a bulldozer over a rabbit. "Who? I'll find them and do more than hit them with a bat," her tone was completely serious as she edged over from her chair to take up a spot on the couch next to him.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:47 pm
"I would hope that you'd be better at dead body disposal than that. Unless, of course, the dead body is for the kidnapped child," Jeremiah deadpanned, eyes glinting in amusement. He had some expectations of Cass, alright, and that included being very smart about those sorts of things.

He was careful about taking her actual hand, or touching skin, but his arm did slide around her shoulders once she was close enough for him to do so (with minimal wincing because raising his arms up still kind of was not the most comfortable). "We're not certain at the moment." A pause. "I'm not certain at the moment but I've my theories. Regardless, it seems as if I was targeted to send a message. They took a shot at my heart, which did not kill me, and then blew out the tire of car which caused it to roll." So, yes, he was hit by a car. An actual car and not a mini one.

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:35 pm
"Well, I have yet to have found a pig farm within driving distance and the kid just wants a can of pineapple with no explanation, so it is what it is," Cass shrugged innocently. "I'm just off my A game, I'll go back to my unsuspected life of crime tomorrow."

His careful touch prompted a slight raise of her brows. fairly certain it was because Jeremiah was trying to not accidentally beam OW OW OW to her from contact. Still, she leaned gingerly into his side as his arm settled around her shoulder. Her brows furrowed together as he revealed that not only had someone shot him, they'd basically thrown a car at him. It was enough for a particularly dark look to linger on her face. "So what you're telling me...is someone came after you and it wasn't my fault,"okay, that had to be established because it was a very real fear of hers, "and now I need to go punch them a lot. Or hold them down and let you punch them a lot." It was somewhat joking, but perhaps humor was just her coping mechanism.

"But seriously, I'm glad you're alright, but do I at least get one punch in on whoever this a*****e is?"

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:39 pm
"Why the pig farm when there's a body farm that you could use that's not that far off?" At least, there had been in the other universe. One that was used by the local college and the state for training purposes.

Her expression and the way she reacted was exactly why he had wanted her on the couch next to him. Jeremiah knew her fear, knew it well, and did not want her to think it was tied to her in any fashion.

"Yes, it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with one of my detectives." A sigh escaped, his fingers tightening briefly on her shoulder. "The punching bit is being worked on, though where the evidence is pointing ..." Jeremiah shook his head. "Regardless, I'm alive and bruised and will heal up." Normally impervious, he would've been alright if not for the bullet that had needed to be blocked. "Alg's car, on the other hand, will not. Which is a crime in of itself."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:13 am
"...We have a body farm?" Cass suddenly broke out of her joke, very interested in this new information. "Man, the only reason that wouldn't be tempting is because it still leaves a body, but I wanna see that." Except that it would smell and she'd likely stop being interested at the first corpse under horrendous conditions.

"Oh man, I'm glad the car had a worse turn out than you, solely because I'd rather have you in one piece than a hunk of metal, but....man. Cars are expensive." she actually had no idea what she'd do if the little red prizm ever gave out (and considering the darn thing was almost 30 years old, it was a surprise it had ever lasted as long as it had). "Does insurance cover 'sometimes tried to kill me'? I mean, I know some Comprehensive Policies will cover bullet damage, but I'm not sure if this counts."

Then again, maybe police officers had access to better vehicle insurance, what with police vehicles likely being hella insured. Maybe.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:35 am
"Mm, we do, though if you really want to go I could probably pull some strings." Jeremiah was not entirely fond of the place and had been at least a few times when he had still be taking classes.

Which he was honestly planning on doing again if he ever had free time.

"Still trying to figure out the entire 'does our insurance cover assassination attempts'. It looks like we'll at least get a check to cover part of the cost of a new car." Another soft sigh, as if he did not want to think about spending the money involved. Not that it was necessarily a problem - Jeremiah was wealthy, Algie was a best-selling author - but he still did not like spending so much money.

"The car probably did more damage to me than the bullet did anyway. My magic that makes me impervious was more interested in stopping a bullet than making sure I didn't get bruised by being thrown around in the car." Which was why he was so banged up (and why his chest was also a colorful bruise but hidden because no one needed to see that anymore).

His shoulders rolled, hand going to pick up the book and flip through a couple pages. "Besides, I'm sure there's other things to discuss besides my status as walking bruise."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:23 am
"Really? I'd love to go snoop around a bit," Cass said, though that made her intentions sound suspicious. It was probably more morbid curiosity tho. Probably the same reason why she'd asked about the insurance (not that she had anything more than what was needed. She definitely would have been in trouble and-or dead if it had been her).

"Well, as long as you'll be alright, that's what matters. Just buy a tank next time," she joked, though it was meant well. Or maybe she actually wanted to see someone driving a tank to and from work. That may have ended up being a lot of legal complications, though. "Or find something nice and used. I dunno. I don't buy cars. I hope I never have to." which basically meant she'd just likely doomed hers to die on her randomly in the next month.

"I'll take a bruised Jeremiah over a dead one," though she would have preferred a 'didn't get shot' spirit-dad first.

As he picked up the book, she remembered why it was she'd come over in the first place. Oh yeah. "Like air elements and stuff. Right. Don't ask the Greeks for advice. I don't know if magical charters will accept their choices for air elements."

Said the half-greek.

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas