Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] shot down in flames (jeremiah + others) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:26 pm
unwanted downtime

They weren't going to be able to keep him for long. Jeremiah would sign himself out sooner rather than later but he at least consented to be checked over by the hospital staff.

As best they could, at least. A rather agitated individual was seen leaving the room after being unable to take a blood sample from the silver-haired man. Jeremiah was bruised from head to toe, one of his eyes slightly bloodshot, and his expression hard to read (if you did not know him well it was, if you did: you knew he was more than just angry).

His left leg was propped up, though not in a splint or bandaged, and what looked like a nice cane was hooked on the bed.

Quote:
feel free to drop by and visit jeremiah for his stint at the hospital before he bails ~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:17 pm
unwanted downtime

Eve had heard about the police chief showing up in the hospital during a routine physical therapy session, and naturally decided to go find him once she was finished. She was in a sour mood herself. Because of physical therapy. When she entered, they exchanged a look and for the first several minutes she sat near him in silence, indulging in their mutual distaste for the day.

azuredreams

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:47 pm
Serious matters

The Chief of Police had been in one hell of a car accident. Though he was hospitalized, no one was hurt in the crash. Foul play was suspected.

He hadn't yet really heard much of the other details yet. Regardless, Shun made his way to the hospital to check in on the older man.

"Chief Mercer," he greeted.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:51 pm
without the ********, god, they should have seen Preacher when she'd been in the hospital, too, but - they'd had this awful sick feeling burning them up from the inside the entire time, like something'd hooked itself inside their throat and pulled, and burns, burns - they knew well enough, every time they looked at their ******** wrist, Ezra's handprint echoed onto it forever in pulled-white skin.

Preacher hadn't saved their life, maybe it was different that way - they knew it wasn't. They knew she hated them now, sure as anything, because they'd hate them too and they'd hate the cowardice.

It was tricky to have the hospital staff let them through (why would youwant to see him, and the looks - they pulled their shoulders tight and stuffed their hands in their pockets and barely spoke above a whisper, cheeks fury-bright and splotchy pink spiderwebbed through their freckles) and it wasn't -- their fault -- that wasn't the point, the point was that someone had tried to ******** kill Mercer) - they stood in the doorway and stared at him, wide-eyed, hollow-eyed.

azuredreams
alexis says hi and i say i don't know how to restrain my length of writing

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:32 pm
bruh

One of the nurses gave Preacher the nastiest side-eye she'd ever seen. Then, she remembered how she'd threatened to strangle him with the IV cord if he didn't find some way for her to walk around with her injured foot. Oops. Well, she'd gotten a set of crutches after that. Technically, she was supposed to still be using those crutches... But instead, she wore a modified protective boot. It kept the pressure off of the injured bit of her foot. She was pretty sure her toes had melted together, there - there'd bee scarring, but the doctors were good. It was also good that she didn't really go for pedicures. No need to traumatize the nail clerk.

Finding out where the chief of police's room was located was relatively easy and she cracked open the door and slipped inside. "Boss, tha ******** you doin' here?" He didn't look dead, exactly, and that was a big plus.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:33 pm
Double Double Toil & Trouble

There's a pair of redheads at Jeremiah's door. Standing side by side the resemblance between America and Leanne is even more notable, even if the differences are also more pronounced in turn.

"Jesus wept, Jer. Was it a magic? I swear to god, I will ********' raze the Other Place if it was magic, s**t is getting way too out of hand-"

"What's the point of sticking around here being Magic Cop if you're going to get shot just like Regular Cop, Micer? Do you at least have some-"

They both start talking at the same time, each side-eyeing the other after a moment, as if waiting for the other to pipe down and let them finish until abruptly they both cut off to glare at one another.

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:37 pm
stab stab stab

Temperance walked in briskly, glancing at the whiteboard near his bed. Every patient had one, usually written over with a schedule of 'walks' and medicine times. Then she sighed and looked at him.

"I assume the no-needles thing is a magic thing. Can you turn it off, Chief Mercer? One of the residents was up in arms over it." She patted her pocket, considering.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:56 pm
unwanted downtime

Jeremiah enjoyed the silence, if only because the combination of both him and Eve seemed to keep others from coming in. Others being hospital staff that were looking at him like he was some kind of-

The thought was pushed away.

"Of all things," he said with a low voice, "I did not expect something of the non-magical variety to try and put a hole in my chest."

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:02 pm
serious matters

Jeremiah stared as Shun came into his room. He did, in fact, start to smolder and his heart rate spiked enough that he had to take a few calming breaths to stop. Also to put an end to the fire smoldering around him.

"Detective Lieutenant Kuroda," Jeremiah said, his voice that calm even authoritative tone that was left no room for arguments, "while I am glad to see you stopped by, I just have one question for you:

"Why the bloody ********> did someone who looked like you attempt to kill me?" Not that he really was aware whether or not Shun had heard about that part anyway.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:07 pm
Serious Matters

Shun had begun to approach the bed that Jeremiah laid upon when he heard the older man address him in a rather authoritative tone. Though, that wasn't what stopped him. What did, was the question that had just been asked him.

For a moment or so, he just stared at the Chief of Police.

"What."

He didn't get much of a chance to ask more about it. An officer had approached him at this point.

"Detective Lieutenant Kuroda. We're going to need you to come with us to the station for questioning."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:24 pm
without the rigmarole

The truth of the matter was that Alexis and Jeremiah had probably seen more of each other than one of them wanted to. One of them was likely Alexis but then Alexis also probably did not mind (nor did Jeremiah).

The silver-haired man was sitting up in the hospital bed, his eyes closed. There was a cane hooked on the bed, a laptop on the beside table and the television was on but muted. It was a futbol game that was on (who knew how they had managed to get that channel here).

His eyes cracked open when he heard the door, slivers of blue-green glow visible before he sighed. "Come in, Alexis, sit down." Jeremiah gestured loosely for the nearby chair. He was, at the moment, only wearing trousers. His torso was visible, a dark spot of bruising over his heart that spread out into purples and blues and eventually greens and yellows at the edges. Jeremiah's arms were also a mottle of bruising and, for once, the icy scarring of his spine was visible at the back of his neck just because he was not wearing a top.

Daekie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:33 pm
bruh

Jeremiah snorted when he heard Preacher. "Enabling you to return the favor of hospital visit." Then he was making a face because maybe snorting was not such a good idea, it pulled things. While he certainly was not dead, he looked as if he probably should have been by the bruising all over his body.

One of his eyes was bloodshot.

He gestured for her to sit.

"Someone decided my chest needed ventilation. It did not exactly go as planned," he said dryly, once he felt comfortable enough to speak again.

stab stab stab

Jeremiah's eyes cracked open when Temperance came in, closing again when she went to the whiteboard and opening once more when she spoke. "It's a latent ability, yes. I've had it for nearly a year." It's the reason he was alive. "It is not, exactly, something I turn on and off at whim."

His eyes cut then to the pocket she patted, going to her face and raising an eyebrow.

"I assume you ran into the most resent resident who has attempted to take blood from me?" The needle had broken. Jeremiah had felt just a little bad about it.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:37 pm
Double Double Toil & Trouble

Jeremiah, had he been on medication, might have thought he was seeing double or seriously medicated. He was not, however, and recognized mother and daughter immediately. He smiled, even if his lip was busted and it pulled.

Then snorted as they both spoke. It took a moment but he parsed it all. "While I appreciate the warpath, sunshine, this was of the non-magical mundane variety." A sigh. "Not that I don't agree shite is getting out of hand with the other side." A glance to Leanne and he was also shaking his head. "Do I at least have some what, Red? It was my magic that kept me alive and it's my magic that is ... particularly interesting to some of the staff here."

He should've been dead, he was not. Jeremiah gestured for them to have a seat.

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:41 pm
serious matters

"Bring him back by after the questioning," Jeremiah told the officer, "as I would like to speak with him privately." Not that he was going to interrupt the investigation, no. Right now, it was clearly something of the non-magical variety and someone attempting to kill the Chief of Police was not a small thing.

Even with his magic, Jeremiah was at least beloved by the department and those that worked within. The case was being handled with the utmost speed and seriousness. Whomever had tried to kill him would be found.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:43 pm
unwanted downtime

"I hope it's your last. You know I hate seeing family here almost as much as I hate being here."

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces