Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Assistant RP Manager Hiring - Welcome new hires!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:22 pm
Welcome to Soquili's Assistant RP Manager Hiring Event!

We're looking to hire an RP Assistant or two who are looking forward to working with Mx Cherie, and helping to keep the RP side of Soquili alive and well! Like to read? Like to world build? Like to plot, RP, and know your way around soquili's RP rules? Then this is the place for you!

Starts: Now! 05/31/2017
Ends: 11:59 PM EDT 06/14/2017

Please note -- you may enter for any and all hiring positions, but you will only be hired for one, because we are not hiring colorists at this time.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:26 pm
Assistant Role-Play Manager 1, at most 2, position(s)

This is a position where you'll be working under Mx Cherie. This is a position that requires communication, self-motivation, and Discord. This position also requires a very good knowledge and understanding of Soquili's Role-Play Rules & Restrictions, as well as the Soquili Era setting and environment.

In this position you will be reading the role-play threads and making sure individuals are following the rules and sticking to the soquili setting. Should there be any trouble or questionable writing, you would contact Mx Cherie and/or deal with the issue directly. You would work with Mx Cherie and help judge role-play contests, as well as be assigned various other tasks depending on what needs to be done. You will likely be tapped to help world build when Mx Cherie is brainstorming or pondering future events, and should be able to help answer questions in thread or via Discord and PM.

This job requires a lot of reading, so if you don't think you have the time to read through RP threads daily, then this might not be the job for you. It also requires being friendly, approachable, patient, and creative..

If interested in helping Mx Cherie, please fill out the following form:

General Information
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Position Trying For:[/b] Assistant RP Manager
[b]Do you have Discord?[/b] Yes or No
[b]If Not, would you be willing to get Discord?[/b]
[b]What's your availability like?[/b]
[b]When is the best time to get a hold of you?[/b]
[b]What timezone are you in?[/b]
[b]Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job?[/b] Also not required to be eligible. We're just curious.
[b]Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior?[/b] Not required, but very useful

Assistant Roleplay Manager Specific Information
[b]Do you like to read?[/b]
[b]Are you able to read a little bit every day, or at the very least a lot every week?[/b]
[b]How well do you know soquili shop rules, particularly concerning the RP environment?[/b]
[b]In your own words, what's the shop stance on soquili possessing magical powers?[/b]
[b]In your own words, what's the shop stance on dark angeni or less vicious skinwalkers?[/b]
[b]Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff?[/b]
[b]Why do you think you'd be a good fit as an Assistant RP Manager?[/b]
[b]Will you communicate regularly with Mx Cherie concerning RP and Shop Lore, particularly when there are issues or questionable content?[/b]
[b]Do you want to help world build with Mx Cherie, help judge RP events, and aid Mx Cherie in making the RP world fun?[/b]

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:29 pm
Rules for Entry

1. Please read this entire front page before you enter!
2. If you have questions or concerns, please PM them to Soquili Era.
3. Please fill out the form in its entirety.
4. By the power of Grayskull!
5. Please fill out the form in its entirety.
6. If we have a hard cut-off date or deadline, please follow it. You might be DQ'd if you miss it, even by just a few minutes.
7. We will perform background checks on potential hires and cross-check references.
8. You do NOT have to have worked in a B/C shop before, or a previous colorist, to enter.
9. We understand sometimes people don't get along, and mistakes have been made in the past. We will not hold past mistakes against you, but do understand, if you have a drama-filled background, or we get many complaints from previous employers, this might dampen your chances of being hired.
10. We at Soquili do not need to explain why we choose the hires we do, or justify why we did not hire someone. While we will give helpful feedback back to colorists who ask for it, we do not have to give details on why one was not picked. Please note, that even if you are not hired now, this does not mean you shouldn't try again during future hire events.
11. You'll want to have an IM client of some sort (preferably Discord) so we can easily get a hold of you.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:30 pm
RP Assistant Applicants

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:32 pm
Open!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:25 am
General Information
Name: Faithofthefallen
Position Trying For: Assistant RP Manager
Do you have Discord? No
If Not, would you be willing to get Discord? Yeah, that would be no problem!
What's your availability like? I would be able to come online every day for at least a few hours! I'm available every morning and every night!
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Between 10 and 2 for sure, but I am often available more often than that with some notice so I can be sure to be at my computer!
What timezone are you in? Central
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? I haven't worked at any shops n_n; I'm pretty monogamous b/c shop wise x'D.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? -[The Spoof]-, Dolphingurl

Do you like to read? I LOVE to read. I do it constantly, I want a room filled with bookshelves.
Are you able to read a little bit every day, or at the very least a lot every week? Yes! No problem!
How well do you know soquili shop rules, particularly concerning the RP environment? I feel extremely confident with my knowledge of the shop rules! I know where to look and who to ask if I have questions though too!
In your own words, what's the shop stance on soquili possessing magical powers?
Soquili can have the specific powers that are already laid out for their breeds, and if they have diluted blood, the power also must be diluted within reason. If you want your soq to have an additional power it has to be specified when the soq was given out, or obvious in their cert and approved by an rp manager if they want to use the power in rp.

Soquili can see spirits or auras, they can mix up potions with reasonable effects, but they can't summon things from other worlds or dimensions and they can't have psychic powers. In general, if you're not sure you're allowed to do it, ask, and if you're asked to tone it down, respect that.

In your own words, what's the shop stance on dark angeni or less vicious skinwalkers?
An angeni who is evil will lose their domain, but there can be angeni with 'darker' personalities.
If you want more flexibility in plotting your skinwalker as less than pure evil, than give them an angeni charm, but you can have different types of evil for walkers. They don't all have to be totally vicious. My Barracus likes to play long mind games with his 'pets' and basically stalk them. Aeldra his son wouldn't just randomly attack a soquili passerby, he would try to convince him to trust him him and then trick them into ruining their lives or getting hurt for his own amusement. There's a lot of variation on the 'type' of evil your skinwalker can be you just have to remember if they aren't cursed they cannot care about anyone for any reason, they kill without mercy, they have no postive emotions or redeeming qualities.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff?

I've been in soquili since '09 and I have memories of years spent plotting and rping. Whenever I get on the computer the first thing I do is open a tab to soquili and see whats been going on, there's a long history here for me and I'd love to be able to give back in some way for all the entertainment I've gotten from this shop.

Why do you think you'd be a good fit as an Assistant RP Manager?
I'm easygoing and friendly, I'm even tempered and I've worked in customer service for more than ten years now so I'm very familiar with being calm and kind in high intensity situations and with giving and receiving constructive criticism and working on a team with others. I've worked with rp managers in the past on making sure my characters powers made sense within contest and I think that gives me a good insight into what is allowed and the reasoning why, how to recognize what is an iffy rp choice, and on how to talk to people to correct them diplomatically!

Will you communicate regularly with Mx Cherie concerning RP and Shop Lore, particularly when there are issues or questionable content? Yes absolutely!

Do you want to help world build with Mx Cherie, help judge RP events, and aid Mx Cherie in making the RP world fun? I would loooove that! I love contributing to fun plot ideas!  

Faithofthefallen
Crew

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:47 pm
General Information
Name: AstoriaFallen
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM? Anupama2006 (just so you have it)
What's your availability like? I'm always around! <3
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Typically 8am-10pm EST but I'm always online.
What timezone are you in? EST (eastern standard time)
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? Yes. Balam (1 year certist), Elykosi (Certist, seasonal colorist, rp manager, manager), Heart of the Pack (when it first opened for about a month or so as just extra staff)
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Valkymie, Thalion, GunSniper, (<----everyone that way staff of shops I was in), Loltergeist, Yumitoko II, Deejaye, Phail Ninja, Vistada, Strifeling, Astro Risk Greenie.

Do you like to read? Yes
Are you able to read a little bit every day, or at the very least a lot every week? Yes
How well do you know soquili shop rules, particularly concerning the RP environment? I've asked Uta a million questions about things in the past and even read up
In your own words, what's the shop stance on soquili possessing magical powers? Each breed has their own specific 'magical' abilities, healing, walking on water, breathing under water, ect. When it comes to like hocus pocus magic though that's a no no. XD
In your own words, what's the shop stance on dark angeni or less vicious skinwalkers? If they are domained then not possible, if not then they can be any alignment. As for skinwalkers we now have charming in place so that a possibility with them to have lesser vicious personalities.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I know most of the staff and shop members and typically get along great with everyone! I try to remain as professional of a person I can and keep myself a neutral party in things and look at the big picture.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as an Assistant RP Manager? Because I'm awesome! XD j/k. I like to rp quite a bit and coming up with scenarios can be fun!
Will you communicate regularly with Mx Cherie concerning RP and Shop Lore, particularly when there are issues or questionable content? Yesssss
Do you want to help world build with Mx Cherie, help judge RP events, and aid Mx Cherie in making the RP world fun? ALL THE YESS  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:48 pm
General Information
Name: Regal Renegade
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get Discord? N/A
What's your availability like? I don’t have set days off, but my work day is typically 7am – 4pm and I generally hit the gym in the evening for an hour or so, I would say likely 5:30pm to 9:00pm. However I do tend to gravitate toward the shop on my breaks and lunch hour. On my days off I am available most of the day.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? See above
What timezone are you in? PST
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? I worked as a part time colorist in a shop called Qualora for a short stint. Unfortunately it never really took off and ended up petering out due to some complications the owner faced. I cannot remember how long I was employed as it was in 2013 and that seems like forever ago for whatever odd reason.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Sadly no, people from back then are not as active anymore.

Do you like to read? I majored in English Literature with a minor in Cultural Anthropology, I audit medical charts daily as my profession, and I assist a friend of mine in editing her books as a side job. So, in a nut shell, I adore reading. And I am a fairly quick reader as well.
Are you able to read a little bit every day, or at the very least a lot every week? Yes
How well do you know soquili shop rules, particularly concerning the RP environment? As I have been a regular patron since 2008 I feel relatively comfortable and well-versed with the Soquili universe. However, I am not averse to continual studying in order to brush up on my knowledge. I am also very good about asking questions and requesting clarification should something escape my comprehension.
In your own words, what's the shop stance on soquili possessing magical powers? Soquili are capable of possessing magical abilities, but these abilities are limited by breed traits, and shop regulations. For example, a cosplay Soquili will not inherit the abilities of that which they emulate, but they may have abilities that follow breed guidelines. (IE: if they are modeled after a cleric and are a unicorn they may have healing abilities, but this is not due to the cleric but the abilities of the unicorn.)
These powers are also limited by the fact that a Soquili, regardless of breed or origin, is mortal and susceptible to injury, sickness and death. This means that even though a soquili may be modeled after a Zombie or Vampire, they are still just as mortal as a ‘run of the mill’ soquili.
When it comes to occult abilities, soquili are unable to summon creatures, and any potions they come up with cannot be purely magical. Things such as combining naturally occurring ingredients such as herbs for healing are perfectly acceptable, but nothing like crafting a potion to transform a soquili into a toad or giving them some type of helpful mutation.
Soquili can see spirts, but these spirits must not be completely in the foreground. It is fine to have them floating about but if they start becoming to prevalent or more like main characters the roleplayer may be asked to turn it down a bit. Soquili are also able to see auras but this does not give them the power to know everything about another at a glance. Similarly, they cannot read the future and do not possess clairvoyance or other such abilities such as telepathy or telekinesis. They can attempt to read universal signs such as stars or runes, but this is not accurate 100% of the time.
Soquili cannot have powers that were not granted to them either by virtue of their breed or some staff approved abilities. Whenever in doubt, or if something is seen in the image of the soquili that looks to be a power, contact one of the rp staffers to clarify whether this can be a special ability or not.
Soquili are not the only ones limited in the magical realm though. If you are to have a human character they cannot be of fantasy origin like an elf or immortal being of some kind. They must be normal humans devoid of magical powers. Humans do not possess the magical gift of speech with animals, and the familiars/soquili do not possess any gift to speak the human tongue. They must interact through body language or other such methods of communication.
There are many more such regulations that can be located by reading through the RP guidelines and Breed rules found in the Soquili Era guild, otherwise any one of the rp staff would be more than happy to answer any and all questions, or clarify any confusing points.
In your own words, what's the shop stance on dark angeni or less vicious skinwalkers? In reality no creature is all good or all bad, which can be true of Angeni or Skinwalkers. Within limitations of course. An Angeni with a domain MUST be good, there will be no exception lest the owner is okay with the Angeni being stripped of their Domain. It would be unusual for there to be an evil Angeni as they are seen as “spirit angels,” but an Angeni without a domain may take on any alignment they so choose. If an Angeni is stripped of their domain for nefarious deeds they can earn it back by repenting and honestly redeeming themselves. An Angeni CANNOT be cursed and become a skinwalker.
Skinwalkers can become docile should a gemstone infused with the blood and Holy Light of an Angeni be attached to their body. This allows them to be either good or evil, and grants them the ability to make friends, have families and settle down with a lifemate. Or they can stay evil! It is up to you! However, without an Angeni charm a Skinwalker must be evil, no exceptions.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I believe I would make a good staff member because I am passionate about this shop and I see it as a place to escape the trials of reality. I see it as an environment in which good friends can be made and wonderful stories can be created and developed. It is a place where, even an adult, can continue to play pretend and stretch the very limits of their imaginations. I am a mature person who, many times, has been complimented on my abilities to listen and comprehend. I have an analytical mind so I view every angle of a situation before coming to a definite decision. I am highly organized and am quite detail oriented. I work well as part of a team, and rather than making a bunch of mistakes I double check to be certain I am doing it right the first time. Making mistakes makes me very displeased with myself, and as such I try and avoid it at all costs. Though, they do happen and I understand that. I am an amiable person who treats everyone as a friend, even if I have only just met them. I have worked customer service jobs in the past and as such know the value of empathy as well as patience. I enjoy sharing knowledge with others and helping them to understand something they may be confused about. I am perfectly fine with being asked thousands of questions! I have trained a lot of people in the past. I communicate rather well, as I am enrolled in a Leadership University through work and have taken classes surrounding Critical Conversations. So I know how to handle many situations and how to word them so as to get my point across with tact. I have also been taught process analysis and ways in which to make a process more efficient, but I will not overstep and will likely wait until I am asked or bring up a suggestion as merely that, a suggestion that can either be taken or dismissed as is seen fit. I value integrity and as such will tell someone if I find myself struggling, and if I do something wrong I will own up to it.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as an Assistant RP Manager? Reading and writing have been a part of my life since I can remember. My fondest memories are of snuggling up in bed with a good book, or sitting cozy beside a fireplace. I can lose myself in reading and I absolutely adore that feeling. I love being immersed in such creative worlds. I am wonderful at brainstorming and love coming up with plots or detailed storylines. I have written creatively since 2nd grade when a friend of mine and I came up with a book centered around two horses. My attention to detail will help catch any mistakes as far as following guidelines is concerned, and my professional training will prepare me to talk to customers as well as equip me to deal with a multitude of situations. I am well read, and well versed in mythology which I am more than happy to morph into something that can fit the shop. Within reason, and at the discretion of Mx Cherie of course. I also read rather quickly so making it through rp’s shouldn’t pose much of a problem for me. I want to help bring more magic and more stories into the shop, and any way in which I can do that would be wonderful. I love creativity and want to be a part of spreading the seeds and assisting in its growth.
Will you communicate regularly with Mx Cherie concerning RP and Shop Lore, particularly when there are issues or questionable content? Of course, I look forward to it.
Do you want to help world build with Mx Cherie, help judge RP events, and aid Mx Cherie in making the RP world fun? Nothing would please me more!  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:05 pm
General Information
Name: Nyx Queen of Darkness
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get Discord? N/A already have
What's your availability like? Pretty open - I'm a stay at home mom to a 14 month-old who likes to do her own thing as long as I'm in the room with her. I'm on almost every day, usually for several hours at a time. Even if I'm not on to work on my projects, I'm on often enough that I can check and respond to something as needed.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Probably 2-4 PM EST,and then usually from 8PM to 2AM EST. Weekends can be more.
What timezone are you in? EST
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? I did some work for an old shop, but I cannot find the link for it anymore. I basically organized the owner's list for the shop, but the owner is unfortunately no longer on Gaia.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Nayci, LOLTERNATIVE (LOLTERGEIST), Ryuu, -[The Spoof]-

Do you like to read? I love to read.
Are you able to read a little bit every day, or at the very least a lot every week? Yes, I normally read novels and RP's for fun.
How well do you know soquili shop rules, particularly concerning the RP environment? I know them pretty well and I know where to look if I'm not exactly sure or need to check up.
In your own words, what's the shop stance on soquili possessing magical powers? Magical powers are based on breed/breed crosses for the most part. Examples are unicorn/unicorn crosses that can use their horns to heal or that kirin/kirin crosses can walk on water or snow.

Domained angeni can have powers over a specific element as long as it's used for good and they can shape-shift into a Kawani persona. Walkers can also shape-shift, but only into the pelt of the animal they wear. Ulun'suti have powers that are based on their level of purity and the element they are aligned with.

Some soquili can be granted special powers through becoming elders or are given out with powers that are specific to it.

In your own words, what's the shop stance on dark angeni or less vicious skinwalkers?

Skinwalkers are evil. They simply cannot be good or kind, unless they're charmed. If charmed, then the possibility is open for them to be pretty much anyway the writer likes. They can still be evil-or they can have been cured of their wicked ways. (This is an excellent choice if you cannot RP evil well).

Angeni can be slightly dark, but they cannot be evil. Certain domains can influence an angeni to be darker in nature because of what they deal with, but they can never be truly and fully evil.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I think that I could be someone who would be easy to approach and ask questions of. I try to remember to treat others as I would want to be treated.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as an Assistant RP Manager? I love to read and I feel as though I know the lore well enough that I could offer considerable help. I'd love to be more involved in getting the community active in RP, helping with prompts, and world building. It's kind of been my dream since I've gotten involved with the shop in 2010.
Will you communicate regularly with Mx Cherie concerning RP and Shop Lore, particularly when there are issues or questionable content? Yes, always.
Do you want to help world build with Mx Cherie, help judge RP events, and aid Mx Cherie in making the RP world fun? This is the bread and butter of why I want to apply. I LOVE world building and I love the prospect of bringing meta-events back to life

Even though the Re-opening event wasn't considered a meta-plot it is something that I use in a lot of my timelines and plots to show relation in time. It has helped characters that feared fire to deal with that and realize that the arguments they were in were nothing compared to the loss they could have had.

Being able to do a meta-plot that people can put into their timelines and that helps cohesively tie all their stories together by having a common point in the timeline to reference is something I'm excited to do. Getting more people to participate and feel like this is a home is my goal. So this would be the dream.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:51 pm
General Information
Name: ~Latonia de la Courtel~
Do you have Discord? Yes
What's your availability like? Around Daily for chatter, RP, plot, etc.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Mon-Wed Evening, Thurs-Sat All Day, Sunday Morning-Mid-Day
What timezone are you in? EST (Florida)
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? Guest Colorist through PL (sporadic), Co-Owner/Colorist at Guardians of Rebirth (A Year, Closed)
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Odet Amo, Vistada, Yumitoko II, LOLTERGEIST, Phail Ninja, most others in the shop? I am a dusty old fixture.

Do you like to read? Yes! I love reading and have multiple bookshelves in my room and living area.
Are you able to read a little bit every day, or at the very least a lot every week? Yes! I spend quite a bit of time on Soquili each day and RP is quite facinating.
How well do you know soquili shop rules, particularly concerning the RP environment? Quite well, I think. It's my main Gaia haunt and has been for some time.
In your own words, what's the shop stance on soquili possessing magical powers? While 'hocus pocus' powers are not present, there are breed traits applicable that approach something like magic. This might be healing (unicorn), an Ulun'suti nature based gift, the influence of an Angeni due to their domain, or those that can see spirits/conjure fire etc due to the presence of those 'powers/SFX' on a Soq's image. There are rules and limitations to any such powers that may be expressed, but questions can be run past RP management/the RP Guidebook to obtain clarity and approval for the gifts in mind.
In your own words, what's the shop stance on dark angeni or less vicious skinwalkers? Angeni are a force for good and cannot be truly evil as it results in the loss of their domain and can also roll into corrective discussion/action with RP Management depending on the severity of the matter. However, a darker personality can mean any number of things regarding their attitude/behavior and certainly can occur. A 'grey area' domain may need to be explained before it's approved, but so long as it can be they too can be approved.
SkinWalkers used to be 100% no-holds-barred evil. However, with the recent introduction of Angeni charms, you can have a less vicious skinwalker! They need only be charmed and can then have just about any temper you want, rather than the previously 'straight up only always evil' rule for Walkers.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I've known much of the staff for many years, and several of the active (and even inactive) patrons as well. I am quite sociable with a high visibility and strong shop presence. (Basically I get along well with you guys now and see that continuing should I join staff?)
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as an Assistant RP Manager? I RP a lot and have been around the shop more or less since the beginning. I love reading, RP, and high-detail work. I feel that managing RP will allow me to combine several of my favorite things.
Will you communicate regularly with Mx Cherie concerning RP and Shop Lore, particularly when there are issues or questionable content? Sure thing! I can certainly chatter with Cherie (as I am around on a daily basis) regarding any questions I might have.
Do you want to help world build with Mx Cherie, help judge RP events, and aid Mx Cherie in making the RP world fun? Oh most definitely! This is my happy place, and I would love a chance to be more involved.  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:40 am
General Information
Name: Dea and #Teddy#
Do you have Discord? Yes
What's your availability like? I am usually on everyday, M-Sat from about 5 or 6pm pst to about 2-4am pst. Sundays I am usually on from 9pm pst to about 5am pst or so. However, anytime I will be missing, I will let people know.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Evening/late night are usually best time to get ahold of me.
What timezone are you in? Pacific (Cali)
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? Angel's Wistas (Would say 6 months maybe, before I had to be let go cause I got in over my head. I was thread manager, but also helped with OL and other behind the scenes stuff. Shop now closed). Also worked here and there for other shops, most closed or owner is not around right now. More recently, I was OL manager of Heart of the Pack for a few months, before it died. Also, currently work as RP manager at My Little Dino (though help wherever else Zak needs me). Been doing RP manager since it re-opened under new management for a few months or so now.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Lunar Mirage, Zakiax, Brittlebear (plus some of those people in this shop)

Do you like to read? I do, usually read a little in the RPs I am part of in Barton Town most days.
Are you able to read a little bit every day, or at the very least a lot every week? Yes, I should have time to do a bit of reading every day.
How well do you know soquili shop rules, particularly concerning the RP environment? I feel I know it pretty well, but open for growing in learning things that I don't or may change along the way. I also can look or ask for help when I am unsure about a rule.
In your own words, what's the shop stance on soquili possessing magical powers? Soquli do not exactly have magical powers, but more skills that each breed is blessed with. For example, unicorns are known for their healing and Flutters can shrink to a smaller size. Also, Angeni have abilities connected to their domain, as long as they are within reason. Ulun'suti also have abilities that relate to their element, as long as they are full breed or less potent for half Suti. If anything is outside these realms, such as speaking to ghosts, it is seen as the Soquili just believes they have these 'magical powers.' In these cases, they are usually seen as delusional or imagining things.
In your own words, what's the shop stance on dark angeni or less vicious skinwalkers? In the case of dark Angeni, they cannot be evil. Maybe a bit too gung ho on getting rid of all Skinwalkers, for example, but they cannot be evil. If their domain is seen in a more evil connotation, the person applying for the domain has to explain how it can be used for good (ie, Angeni of Diseases might be trying to find a cure for those diseases the plague the world). As for less vicious Skinwalkers, this is only allowed if they are Charmed. In that case, the player of the Skinwalker can make them good or conflicted.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? For a little more than a year, I have become more into the shop and gotten to know some of the staff. I feel like I can be a help to the staff, hopefully taking off some pressure on Mind, Cherie, and those who handle the RP world. I enjoy interacting with the staff and I consider myself a pretty friendly person.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as an Assistant RP Manager? Role playing has been one of my favorite things to do on Gaia since I joined back in 2004. I love the RP world and have loved being able to RP my Soquli and familiars. I would love to help stoke the love of RP in the shop more with Mx Cherie and the rest of the RP staff.
Will you communicate regularly with Mx Cherie concerning RP and Shop Lore, particularly when there are issues or questionable content? Absolutely, I would want to make sure I know as much as the RP side of things as possible. I would want to make sure we all knew what was going on, so we could better help the customers.
Do you want to help world build with Mx Cherie, help judge RP events, and aid Mx Cherie in making the RP world fun? Definitely, nothing would make me happier. I love the RP world in Soquili and want to help it grow even more, catching more people into the RPing web. Also judging RP events would allow more people to get Soquili and familiars, to become more involved into the stories everyone would weave.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:20 am
General Information
Name: Tsunake
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get Discord?
What's your availability like? Currently I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, and all other days, I work a full time job and am free in the late afternoon/evenings!
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Probably late afternoon/evenings, but I check Gaia when I'm at work so if I get a PM shot to me, I can usually respond on my lunch hour!
What timezone are you in? CST
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? Yes! I was an RP manager at All the Weyrs of Pern, and a co-owner of Sands of Pern. I worked at AtWoP from May '09 until it closed in October of '09. For SoP, I worked there for about a year before I chose to retire to focus on RL obligations. I also assisted CuterThanYou (Ghouliboo now!) in writing plots up for In the Name of the Moon
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Ghouliboo (previously known as CuterThanYou), Musicaloner7, Uta, Deejaye.

Do you like to read? I love to read!
Are you able to read a little bit every day, or at the very least a lot every week? Absolutely. <3
How well do you know soquili shop rules, particularly concerning the RP environment? Very well! I can always easily access the info threads if I have a question.

As opposed to just listing out the current RP rules, I'd like to touch on them while elaborating a little bit with my own thoughts:

Each soquili breed has specific abilities and limitations on said abilities. Say a regular soquili and a unicorn breed, and the offspring possesses a horn. The offspring may have the ability to heal, but it will be nowhere near as strong as a pure unicorn's healing ability, no matter how hard they try!

Generally, a Soquili must stick to breed traits, but if a Soquili has a power that's visually obvious (a dragon-based Kalona soq colored to be breathing fire, for example), the owner may PM the RP manager to get said power approved. This only needs to be done if the owner intends to RP said power!

Now, just because you have a regular soquili doesn't mean you can't play around with some abilities/powers! Soquili can be cursed by the spirits or by NPCs, which opens up a whole slew of RP opportunities! A soquili cursed to be horribly clumsy, for example, would make for a great conversation starter instead of just your traditional meet-'n-greet! These curses should be sensible, however, and if things seem a bit over the top, RP staff has the right to ask you to tone it down.

Curses also work out really well with mutant Soquili! My Yautja is a personal example of mine! Hailing from South America, his mother was cursed by the spirits for her monstrous habits of hunting other sentient beings. As a result, the foal she birthed had monstrous features! This is an excellent way that curses can be used to explain mutations, if you'd like.

Soquili can also make potions that have minimum bits of magic. For example, one of my mares considers herself an alchemist of sorts. She can brew poisons, potions that restore health, and even brew up things that could cause hallucinations. All are things allowed within the Soquili setting. She cannot brew up a potion that gives a Soquili six sets of wings or gives someone a mane full of tentacles, because that is far outside of the range of what's reasonable. Let's be honest, no one wants a mane full of tentacles.

1st Gen Soquili have the unique ability to be reincarnated or have past lives, if the owner so chooses. They cannot remember who they were in their past lives, or people they knew in the past! Still, if you have the inclination to kill off your Soquili in a particularly dramatic encounter with a skinwalker, for example, you would be able to recustom them as a 1st Gen Soq! You cannot take a baby from a breeding and decide that they are now Mr. Snufflepuss reborn, who valiantly passed away while defending his herd from a rabid Turkeywalker.

While Soquili are unable to read the future, be telepathic or clairvoyant, there is nothing that says they cannot pretend to do these things! It's a great chance to have a trickster that takes advantage of others, or even a Soquili that devoutly believes they can do these things with all their heart! It still doesn't change the fact that, in reality, they cannot.

Soquili can, however, see spirits or auras. Now, if you choose to have your Soquili see auras around others, that does not mean that they suddenly know everything about said other. Spirits cannot possess Soquili, and really shouldn't do much besides bob around happily in the background or do spooky, spirit-like things. It makes for some great flavor for RPs. Heck, your poor, spirit-seeing Soquili might be branded as a loony if they meet with someone who can't see the spirits!

Now Tsu, you might say! I see you own a really creepy zombie Soq that has all his guts hanging out! Is he dead? Can he not be hurt? Is this true for all zombie Soquili, or Soqs with exposed organs/bones? No, I say! That is not the case! Though Solanum may have some of his, um, stuffing hanging out, he can be wounded or killed just like any other Soquili! He is not the undead! He is just a little slow and would really appreciate it if you gave him a hug. The same applies for all other 'undead' seeming Soq (except, maybe, minus the hugging)!

Overall, the shop has an expansive number of ways to allow RPers the ability to weave magic into their characters' lives. At the same time, rules are put in place to curb the potential of making a single horse too powerful and these rules should be respected. The opportunities available are as endless as the roleplayer's imagination!

In your own words, what's the shop stance on dark angeni or less vicious skinwalkers? Regarding angeni, an angeni that possesses a domain cannot be evil. Non-domained angeni, however, can be as evil as their owners deem fit! Now, a domained angeni can have a darker personality, but they must inherently be good. If they become evil or perform wicked acts, they will ICly have their domain removed until they redeem themselves.

For skinwalkers, the first thing to clarify is what is meant by 'less vicious'. There is nothing wrong with less vicious skinwalkers in the sense of those who prefer to use brain over brawn--so long as they are still 100% evil. Some skinwalkers prefer to hang in the shadows and sow seeds of corruption, allowing chaos to bloom through manipulation rather than ALWAYS mauling or murdering Soquili directly. This is absolutely still evil--it's just a different way of being evil.

Now, if less vicious means the skinwalker is less evil, that isn't acceptable by shop standards. However! In this case, the user can get their skinwalker charmed. A charmed walker can have any sort of personality, and is an awesome option for those who either can't RP evil well, or would like to have their skinwalkers be evil, but be able to work with others! It also opens up awesome opportunities of having an evil cursed skinwalker who can now feel complicated emotions, which leads to all sorts of delicious drama if they had a family in the past!

Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? Generally speaking, I get along with everyone and I do my best to not let drama of any kind affect me. I've been around Gaia for over a decade and have dealt with the ups and downs in several shops, so I have experience and history in figuring out ways to appropriately handle problems that may crop up. I'm both easy and eager to work with and would sincerely enjoy assisting existing staff however I can.

Why do you think you'd be a good fit as an Assistant RP Manager? I'm a friendly, approachable person, and not only do I love creating new plots, I also love helping others nurture their own ideas! I don't mind assisting where needed. I've also been around Soquili for nearly 10 years now, so I have no intention of running off and leaving. YOU HAVE ME FOR LIFE, SOQUILI.

Will you communicate regularly with Mx Cherie concerning RP and Shop Lore, particularly when there are issues or questionable content? Absolutely!
Do you want to help world build with Mx Cherie, help judge RP events, and aid Mx Cherie in making the RP world fun? Yessssssss! World building and plotting are some of my favorite thing about RP. <3  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Teh Cheryl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:31 pm
General Information
Name: Teh Cheryl
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get Discord?
What's your availability like? Most days after 6PM, some all-day on weekends
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Evenings
What timezone are you in? Central
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job?
I co-owned three shops of moderate success--Chaos, Fizzicks, and Velah. I was primarily creator, RP manager, event manager, colorist, certist, etc for Chaos, where I handled 95% of the worldbuilding and RP management and about 30% of the coloring. For Fizzicks, my co-owner and I created and managed to concept pretty evenly 50/50. I took over Velah as co-owner after its two owners stepped down and was a colorist/certist and event manager.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior?
Not anymore that are active on Gaia, but if you know them from elsewhere, Jupebox was my primary co-owner along with AnimeChickie (Nova). More active on Gaia, I've known Thalea and Regal Renegade IRL for many years.

Do you like to read?
Yesssss. I really, really do.
Are you able to read a little bit every day, or at the very least a lot every week?
Yes, very doable. I read everyday already, normally on my cell phone, so it would not be an issue to add RP reading during my breaks.
How well do you know soquili shop rules, particularly concerning the RP environment?
I've been involved in the shop, on and off, since 2005, and am a regular RPer for most of that active time, so I believe myself to be pretty familiar with the environment.
Powers are allowed, with restriction based on their breed. For example, 'Sutis can have a set of varying powers based on their element and the potency (and number of powers) is based on their purity of blood. Unicorns may have powers of healing of varying strengths based on their blood. Angenis (1st Gen or eldered Gen2+ with pureblood lineage) can have power over their specific domain.

Outside of breed specific powers, powers and abilities are constrained by the other rules and are allowed in moderation (mainly seeing spirits, brewing potions--healing, hallucinogens--and seeing auras are the major things that are generally allowed). Telekinetic, psychics, being unread, etc is not allowed as Soquli are alive and fall within all normal mortal bounds. (Basically, except for the few exceptions, Soquili are only allowed powers if they are explicitly stated on their cert with a domain or element, breed specific like with unicorns, or given out with the intent of their stated power by the shop itself.)

Domained angeni must be good-aligned and must use their powers for good. If they do any evil deeds, their powers will be stripped of them until they are redeemed. Non-domained Angeni can follow any personality type, however.

Skinwalkers must be evil, however their viciousness may have varying manifestations. Skinwalkers, at their core, are evil, violent killers who can not be redeemed. With the exception of charmed skinwalkers, who may then follow any alignment (including continuing being evil), cursed skinwalkers, must dark, demonic creatures.

Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff?
I've always really enjoyed the atmosphere of the shop and the helpfulness of the staff. I feel that I get along with all of the staff and patrons and am generally easy going.

Why do you think you'd be a good fit as an Assistant RP Manager?
I enjoy reading, writing, and world-building (as noted by being the primary creator and RP manager in the shops I have owned in the past). I write sparingly in my free time outside of RPing, but I've been editor/sounding board for many years for a variety of friends who write frequently. I work with people constantly and really love interacting with others and answering questions. <3

Will you communicate regularly with Mx Cherie concerning RP and Shop Lore, particularly when there are issues or questionable content? Yes!
Do you want to help world build with Mx Cherie, help judge RP events, and aid Mx Cherie in making the RP world fun? I'd love to!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Thank you to each and every one of you who stopped by our hiring event and applied for the position of assistant RP manager! We loved your entries! Some of you had wonderful insight into Soquili powers. Some of you knew Skinwalkers inside and out. And all of you had a lot to bring to the table. Unfortunately, we only had two positions available this time around, so we're going to welcome to the team Faithofthefallen and Tsunake.

Much <3 to all!

Faithofthefallen
Tsunake

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Archived

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items