Certist Hiring Thread - Welcome new Certists! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:13 pm
Welcome to Soquili's Certist Hiring Event!

We're looking to hire some talented certists who are going to help keep ponies looking good at sig-sized specs! Think you've got the chops to color, the drive to work regularly, and a desire to help out Soquili? Then this is the place for you!

Starts: Now! 05/31/2017
Ends: 11:59 PM EDT 06/14/2017

Please note -- you may enter for any and all hiring positions, but you will only be hired for one, because we are not hiring colorists at this time.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:14 pm
Certists 1 or 2 Positions

As a certist you are responsible for helping colorists cert the Soquili that are dropped. In some cases you might be assigned to cover a colorists certs, in other cases you might be open to taking on recertings and cert updates. Although we do have some colorists with assigned certists, it is standard that colorists will post in the general certing thread, which is where you will acquire the bulk of your work. This is a position that requires customer service, patience, basic photoshop/coloring skills, and an ability to be prompt in turning around completed certs. You will likely be expected to do multiple recerts, fix errors on old certs, and help customers with cert questions.

This is a position that requires the use of Photoshop or another photo editing program that can handle layers, different texts/fonts, and opening PSD files. You will also be expected to help out during events and busy season, by running games and setting up threads.

Perks & Payment: As a techstaff member, you will get paid in credits, freebies, and occasionally gold. You will be paid 1,250sc on a monthly basis. If you are able to color your own pets, you will receive a discount when cashing in for them.

If you are interested in this position, please fill out the following form below. Also, please cert the below, using these files. You don't have to worry about breed, or parents, or generation . . . We just generally want to see how you overall cert and your color choices and the information we provided. Go ahead and make up or disregard everything else.

Btw -- we know you guys probably don't have the official fonts! So go ahead and pick whatever font you have available. If hired, we'll send you places to get the legit soquili fonts. :3

Please do not link certs as thumbnails; use fullsized images. Please spoil additional cert samples, if you have them. Thanks so much, we really appreciate it!

Test Cert

Harkin Owner: Mindsend DOB: 03-2-11 Temper: Fervid Colorist: Manda

Eponine Owner: Uta DOB: 08-03-07 Temper: Daydreamer Colorist: Ameh

Nocturne Owner: Uta DOB: 12-25-08 Temper: Benevolent Colorist: Chibizoo

Cuetzpaltotl Owner: Minsend DOB: 05-26-14 Temper: Quick Witted Colorist: Ryuukishin

Liv Owner: Mindsend DOB: 04-28-11 Temper: Protective Colorist: Mindsend

General Information
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Position Trying For:[/b] Certist
[b]Do you have Discord?[/b] Yes or No
[b]If Not, would you be willing to get AIM?[/b]
[b]What's your availability like?[/b]
[b]When is the best time to get a hold of you?[/b]
[b]What timezone are you in?[/b]
[b]Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job?[/b] Also not required to be eligible. We're just curious.
[b]Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior?[/b] Not required, but very useful

Certist Specific Information
[b]Do you have Photoshop?[/b] Yes or No
[b]If not, do you have another photo editor? If so, what one?[/b]
[b]Can you open .psd files with folders and layers?[/b]
[b]Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff?[/b]
[b]Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a certist?[/b]

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:16 pm
Rules for Entry

1. Please read this entire front page before you enter!
2. If you have questions or concerns, please PM them to Soquili Era.
3. Please only give examples of cert and color work you've done yourself.
4. To infinity and beyond!
5. Please fill out the form in its entirety.
6. If we have a hard cut-off date or deadline, please follow it. You might be DQ'd if you miss it, even by just a few minutes.
7. We will perform background checks on potential hires and cross-check references.
8. You do NOT have to have worked in a B/C shop before, or a previous colorist, to enter.
9. We understand sometimes people don't get along, and mistakes have been made in the past. We will not hold past mistakes against you, but do understand, if you have a drama-filled background, or we get many complaints from previous employers, this might dampen your chances of being hired.
10. We at Soquili do not need to explain why we choose the hires we do, or justify why we did not hire someone. While we will give helpful feedback back to colorists who ask for it, we do not have to give details on why one was not picked. Please note, that even if you are not hired now, this does not mean you shouldn't try again during future hire events.
11. There will not be various rounds -- we will simply hire as is, based on your posted entry below.
12. Please be aware you're going to need Photoshop, or some sort of photo-editing program to color for soquili. If your program doesn't handle the lines, file type, or open up folders and layers, this might not be the best choice. You'll also probably want an IM program of some kind so we can get a hold of you outside of Gaia/PM. Note that we tend to communicate via Discord at this point, so that comes highly recommended!

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:16 pm
Cert Applicants

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:17 pm
Open!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:47 pm
General Information
Name: Mewsings of An Angel
Position Trying For: Certist
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM? I have both. <3
What's your availability like? All hours, except super late at night. I tend to browse the internet at work or at home, so I'm easily contacted.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Any time before 11PM
What timezone are you in? EST
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? None really, helped out a friend with Coeurl long ago.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Yumi, Xantara, Summer, stormflower, Wyntre

Do you have Photoshop? Yes
If not, do you have another photo editor? If so, what one? N/A
Can you open .psd files with folders and layers? Yes.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I've always enjoyed dealing with the staff and the atmosphere that they give the shop as a whole. I want to be a part of that! I want to bring my hard work and RL customer service skills to the shop and instill my own bit of awesomeness in with all the other wonderful people that make up the staff.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a certist? I like messing with things in PS and enjoy tedious things and making images and just find overall enjoyment in seeing what I can do or what I can learn within PS.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Below are just me messing around more in spare time, trying to see if I can do even better than the first try....
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:31 pm
General Information
Name: AstoriaFallen
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM? Anupama2006 (just so you have it)
What's your availability like? I'm always around! <3
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Typically 8am-10pm EST but I'm always online.
What timezone are you in? EST (eastern standard time)
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? Yes. Balam (1 year certist), Elykosi (Certist, seasonal colorist, rp manager, manager), Heart of the Pack (when it first opened for about a month or so as just extra staff)
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Valkymie, Thalion, GunSniper, (<----everyone that way staff of shops I was in), Loltergeist, Yumitoko II, Deejaye, Phail Ninja, Vistada, Strifeling, Astro Risk Greenie.

If not, do you have another photo editor? If so, what one? I have use gimp before.
Can you open .psd files with folders and layers? Yes
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I know most of the staff and shop members and typically get along great with everyone! I try to remain as professional of a person I can and keep myself a neutral party in things and look at the big picture. Plus I was military police for 10 years so dealing with people is something I'm quite familiar with! I've dealt with all sorts of situations so customer service is sorta my thing wink . You name it I've probably seen it. Plus I deal with people every day in my current jobs so working to please the crowd isn't uncommon for me. o/ Plus I very much enjoy the staff on SOQ currently and would feel honored to work with such awesome people.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a certist? I LOVE to cert. It's relaxing to me, plus I love to play with different backgrounds and fonts to see what works best. <3
certs for other shops:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:34 pm
General Information
Name: ~Twilight...Angel~
Do you have Discord? Yes!
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM? Also have AIM
What's your availability like? I'm on the computer at least once every other day and spend several hours at a time on it.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Probably late afternoon into the evening
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? Currently work in Wingless as a colorist
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Alpaca Chobi (current employer), Zakiax, tefla, [X]Natty-Chan[X], dawns_aura

Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I absolutly adore the Soquili shop and have been a member of the community since 2010 or 2011. I certainly feel like I get along with everyone in the shop too.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a certist? I would like to help out the shop in some way and I enjoy playing around with editing in photoshop in general, certing seems like the best way to put that to use.

Examples

From Wingless (Colored & Certed)

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

elufae
Crew

Adventuring Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:57 pm
General Information
Name: Valkymie
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM? I have that too if needed
What's your availability like? I don't have a "day job" so I'm pretty much available any time?
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Late mornings-nights
What timezone are you in? PST ( GMT - 8 )
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? Many of the shops I first worked at years ago (when I first got into B/C) are dead and/or I can't remember their names. The only one I remember was Aerithe (I think that might even be the first shop I worked at), but I don't remember how long I worked there, or if Felmino & Agneza are still active on Gaia. In more recent stuff (2012 to present? since these folders are still on my computer and not lost after hard drive crashes), I've worked at Lilium Hallow (until it died), did a little guest work for Celesi, and did some work for Northern Call until both me and LYJ went mia for a little bit. (I'm able to work there again now, I just need the new templates). I've also owned a total of three shops. First two (Bring Me to Life & Sylvia) died because I didn't have enough staff to help me and I wasn't very skilled at coloring back then. Third one (Elykosi) is currently still running, but I need to do another hiring event to get it active again.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? AstoriaFallen, Astraea Pandora

Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I really love this shop and I've wanted to work here for years (but always missed hiring events). I don't have a huge herd yet and I'm still kind of a lurker in the thread and discord, but I hope the latter will change as a certist.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a certist? I consider certing to be kind of easy? So I feel like I could get them out in a timely manner (as long as RL doesn't decide to punch me in the gut) Plus it's fun to do in between other stuff. Not as time consuming as other jobs and it's relaxing while still giving me a chance to be creative (since it has so many options for customization :>

Soquili Certs

Other Certs (Not as much customization/if any, but examples none the less)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:05 am
General Information
Name: Calixita
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM? n/a (but yes)
What's your availability like? To be honest, my schedule is extremely flexible. Generally, if you need me to be on? I can be on. However, every morning from around 6:00 AM until 12:00 PM, give or take a few hours, it will be a little harder just because I won't have access to the room my work station is in. I can work it out of needed, though!
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Evenings are best, around 5:00 PM onward.
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? I was a colorist at Mischief Managed for about... six months, if I were to guess? It's been a very, very long time since then, though. There just hasn't been any shops I've really wanted to work for (except Soquili).
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Nayci

If not, do you have another photo editor? If so, what one? n/a
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I'm friendly, easy to get along with, pretty laid back and see myself as an approachable person. Aside from just certing, I would be eager to volunteer to jump in and give a hand here and there with extra duties if anyone needed it. I really just love Soquili shop as a whole, though; it's the only thing I truly log onto Gaia for, and it's been keeping me here since I got my first Soquili in 2006! I've been in love with the shop since, and being able to give back a little and be involved in the back-end of things would be an awesome opportunity.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a certist? I find certing to be a really relaxing task and something I can do regardless of my mood. I get a lot of enjoyment out of not just organization/data input, but making things look nice and eye catching, too. After 10+ years as a quality assurance tester, I have a good eye for details and catching mistakes. It would also be a great creative outlet for me to have some fun. smile

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:06 am
General Information
Name: lysia_nyteblade
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM? Have AIM too
What's your availability like? I'm available most during the weekends as I work during the week. I do however touch in periodically when i get the time after work.
When is the best time to get a hold of you?Anytime after 3pm mon-fri. Pretty much anytime on the weekends.
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? I have, I worked for Faekats from around may 2015 to last year as a colorist. I also worked for Gem Critters keeping their owners lists up to date and as a guest colorist from 2013-2014
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Yumitoko II, Rinial Sisterdragon, Strawberri Stardust, Rein_Carnation

If not, do you have another photo editor? If so, what one?
Can you open .psd files with folders and layers? yes
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I have a drive to get things done and test my limits. I've been a member of Soquili for many years now and think I could contribute somethign positive to the comunity if given a chance. I can be professional and even wouldn't mind pitching in a hand in things other than certing where my abilities could be neeed.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a certist? As a former supervisor, task and time managing is something that seems to come to me wether i think of it or not. I enjoy opening up PS and dabbling here and there and even learn as i play. I'm friendly and easy to get along with and even feel a sense of fulfillment from helping those around me.

Cert entries:
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Other work:

User ImageUser Image
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:23 pm
General Information
Name: ~Latonia de la Courtel~
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM? N/A
What's your availability like? Around Daily
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Evenings (7-11 M-T), F/S All Day, Sun (am-4pm)
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? Previously a colorist/manager/co-owner at Guardians of Rebirth
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Odet Amo, Vistada, Yumitoko II, LOLTERGEIST, Phail Ninja (etc)

If not, do you have another photo editor? If so, what one? Paintshop.net (also)
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I've known much of the staff for many years, and several of the active (and even inactive) patrons as well. I am quite sociable with a high visibility and strong shop presence. (Basically I get along well with you guys now and see that continuing should I join staff?)
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a certist? I enjoy the options to customize and tweak certs to better reflect the Soq's color scheme and personality.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:44 pm
General Information
Name: Niyaru Delacroix
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM? I have this also
What's your availability like? I just started a new job and will be home after 4 p.m. Mon-Wed and after 1 p.m. on Sunday. I have Saturday and Thursdays off.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? After 4 p.m. Mon-Wed, after 1 p.m. on Sunday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday.
What timezone are you in? CST
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? Maneki Neko (I started December 2011 and stepped down as co owner / colorist either Jan or Feb of 2012.) and Natures Wonders ( I worked as a part time colorist from June 2013 to Feb or March of 2014.)
Now that I am done with school I ready to get back in the swing of things.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Kara Asumie, Candle Wick Ghost, Nayci, Poe-tae-toee, Natelie, Grifferie, Fatal Irony and Ryuukishin.

If not, do you have another photo editor? If so, what one?
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I believe that I am a good fit because I love this shop and everyone in it. It is my home on Gaia and those I have come to know have become family. I love to help people and would love to be a part of something I hold so close.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a certist? I would be a good fit because I am experienced with customer service, will go above and beyond what is asked / expected of me, and will make sure that what I am responsible for will be done in a timely manner. I believe that this is not only a good opportunity for me but the shop as well. I have time, passion and dedication towards the shop. I would be honored to work as a certist for Soquili.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:44 pm
General Information
Name: Mahogany Sunset (Maho)
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM? I have that, as well.
What's your availability like? I'm available generally morning and evening PST every day, with increased availability Thursday - Sunday.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? 7-9 AM PST & 8-11 PM PST.
What timezone are you in? PST~
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? I have worked in a couple shops, but they mostly shut down before they really even got started. :c
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? LOLTERNATIVE, Phail Ninja

If not, do you have another photo editor? If so, what one? Have PS <3
Can you open .psd files with folders and layers? Yep!
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I think I'd be a good fit for Soquili staff because I love to help people. I'm in customer service for a living, and I already know a lot of people around here. I'm good at problem-solving and asking the necessary questions to help find a solution. Soquili is home to me, and I'd love to be able to be one of the people who make it welcoming. I've been in the shop since 2010 and generally know the rules and can quote them to people, but I also know when it's time to start asking around.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a certist? I think I'd be a good fit as a certist because graphic design is something I do - I've been making things since 2010 for fun in PS, including book covers, posters, photomanipulations, and, more relevantly, designing teepee banners and signatures for the Soquili patrons. I already make things for people here, and I'd love to do so in an official capacity. <3

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Teh Cheryl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:46 pm
General Information
Name: Teh Cheryl
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM?
What's your availability like? Most days after 6PM, some all-day on weekends
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Evenings
What timezone are you in? Central
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job?
I co-owned three shops of moderate success--Chaos, Fizzicks, and Velah. I was primarily creator, RP manager, event manager, colorist, certist, etc for Chaos. For Fizzicks, my co-owner and I created and managed to concept pretty evenly 50/50. I took over Velah as co-owner after its two owners stepped down and was a colorist/certist and event manager. I've always certed all the pets I've colored and have run some holiday events (including a SS) where I was a full-time owner, part-time colorist, and full-time certist.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior?
Not anymore that are active on Gaia, but if you know them from elsewhere, Jupebox was my primary co-owner along with AnimeChickie (Nova). More active on Gaia, I've known Thalea and Regal Renegade IRL for many years, but I poke around the thread/Discord/AIM and RP semi-regularly so I'm at least a familiar face.

Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff?
I've always loved the atmosphere and friendliness of the Soquili staff. I deal with people constantly as part of my job and am general described as laid-back and chill and so would love to be apart of my favorite shop.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a certist?
I have been certing for as long as I have been on Gaia haha. But, I feel like I have simple but elegant aesthetic that is suited for certs, and I have the patience to mess around with photoshop and play with colors. Not to mention, I think certs are super important and sometimes a mismatched cert can take away from the pet itself so I really enjoy seeing final certs. (A really good cert can make a pet really pop!)

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out