Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] melancholy requiem (algie & jeremiah)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:52 pm
After speaking with Pride, they had been left with a better sense of direction but now there was more research that needed to be done. They had many avenues to explore but there were only so many that were viable given their limited time frame.

It was why, on this day, they were within their domain in Court. There were countless shelves, books everywhere, and they had pulled many down. Adze and Fell, for the moment, were not in sight. It was simply Jeremiah and Algie, seated with a low table in front of them covered in research notes and books.

Jeremiah stretched before he was rubbing a hand across his face before he leaned towards his husband. "I think we're getting somewhere but I cannot remember the last time we did something like this ..."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:38 am
"School?" Alg chuckled lightly, brow furrowing because he didn't generally do book research with Jeremiah unless it was for police things. That was just him with a notepad asking tons of questions.

He flipped a page in one of the heavy tomes and sighed, "I don't see us realistically getting away from blood with this." There was a light shoulder bump.

"A drop of blood isn't offensive in itself, but I was really hoping that we could go an entirely different direction than the last charter," The problem was that Algie couldn't see many avenues being plausible with some of their number not being very experienced with magic.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:08 pm
"We still may be able to," Jeremiah replied, "but we'd have to explore the option of memories or such."

Within their domain, he did not have to worry about reaching for a book. Instead his hand was held out and the book he wanted floated and settled into his grip. Jeremiah flipped it open to read it again.

"I still think we could try something an emblem or symbol from each person ..." His finger ran along the length of the page, looking for a particular paragraph.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:48 pm
"It depends on how much time people have to prepare. To make themselves a true representation and be ready when the time comes? Even for myself I can't think outside my own signature.." But he was an author and his initials, his autograph, was a thing. It contained more of him than just his name. It was a symbol in itself.

The professor frowned, "Perhaps I'm over complicating."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:17 pm
"Probably not," Jeremiah chuckled, leaning back and nudging Algie lightly, "because I may be thinking in too broad of strokes. I believe if we figure something out, come up with a methodology to use, then we can guide people through it and have them do what needs to be done."

His finger tapped a page. "Besides, they did not get all the signatures at the same time, so we likely have wiggle room. Just not much of it."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:38 pm
"Well we've got the irrefutable option of DNA.." Alg's hand smoothed a page of the book, "Of which blood isn't the only way." Saliva.. even hair would work.

"But also more personal sacrifices. Precious objects, totems.." Alg adjusted his glasses, "Memories or magical infusions of a kind."

He smiled a bit, "With the pair of us on this there may be a fair share of overthinking involved.." He chuckled gently, "Considering the previous agreement was so... simple." But he and Jeremiah just wanted to be sure.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:36 pm
"I don't know if simple is the right way to put it ..." Jeremiah shook his head. "... but it certainly was a shortcut to having the information about the consented. We could experiment with multiple things." He frowned momentarily, looking for a particular passage he had copied down.

"As, obviously, we're going to have to try what we want to do out before we bring it forward."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:00 pm
"Yes," Alg nodded, "I'm not settling on anything until we know it works.." Which meant they should really be experimenting and not reading up on it.

With what they'd already found, they could try several methods before choosing what felt best.

Alg sighed and leaned back, his hand reaching to curl around his husband's. As much as he loved hovering over books, he knew it was time to start doing things.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:20 pm
Jeremiah squeezed his hand around Algie's, looking to the books and then back to his husband. "I suppose that means we should start cleaning this up and move on to the hands-on portion." Creating a method they could use to demonstrate consent.

"Best to do so over here given that we'll be working with so much magic."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:59 pm
Alg nodded, behind him the pair of bear arms emerging and moving to begin cleaning and straightening books before the professor himself even stirred.

"I could use a cuppa also.." Alg glanced for their fetches momentarily. Always looking for food and drink.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:22 pm
As if they sensed that they were wanted, the fetches appeared. Adze was pushing the door open as Fell carried a tray with tea on it. "We can see to clearing things up if you wish to proceed with your research," Fell spoke, her voice soft as always, "after you have tea."

Jeremiah was still a touch at odds with Fell since she had brought Alexis forward to the Spinel Lady. Despite having talked it out, there was still an air of apprehension.

"Thank you," he replied, "we might just do that."

iloveyouDIE
wrap on your post and ON TO NEXT STEP?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:36 am
If Alg and Adze were on shakey ground it didn't show. The fetch seemed ever aloof, bemused and obedient. What had happened was a fact of life and Alg apparently resigned himself to the fact that they were never truly in control.

That revelation was not new, but this was the fetch that took his face and tried to kill him.

"Don't put them all away.." he said to the fetches, "I may need to go over them again. But the tea is a life saver.." He gave Jeremiah a glance. There was no reason to hold their nature against them, wasn't that what people told him all the time?

"I'll make yours up, love.." Jeremiah got a hand squeeze. Tea first. Then magic.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash