azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:51 am
Despite the shift in worlds, the change of dates, Jeremiah still intended to pick something up for Algie. Between his birthday coming up soon and their wedding anniversary (not the spring wedding that had been had in this world), he was already on the look out for gifts.

It was why he was making a stop by the vinyl shop next to the fourth wall (totally ignoring Cid mostly because he had a million questions and knew way too much about things he did not need to know about).

Opening the door, he let his eyes adjust and then started to look at things to see how it was sorted. Given his state of dress (he was just off of work, so it was a nice three piece suit with a tie), Jeremiah might have looked out of place but then again this was not that different than a lot of the shops he had frequented when younger.

GhouIs

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:27 pm
Ro had just put on Neutral Milk Hotel's album In The Aeroplane Over The Sea when Jeremiah walked in; his presence announced by the tiny bell tied to the entrance's frame.

"Yo, dude," Roman said in greeting. He got off the stool he'd been perched on and curved around the cash counter so his long legs could close the space in between himself and his potential customer.

"I'm Ro." He said, sounding more or less friendly despite the fact that he simply did not smile. He did, however, offer a hand and would give Jeremiah's a firm, polite shake should the other choose to take it. "Welcome to the shop, man. Ya lookin' for anything in particular?"

azuredre4ms
image ref for the shop
& the album mentioned

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:24 pm
"Hullo, and, yes, I am." Jeremiah responded back, fingers flicking in greeting. His accent was not perhaps immediately noticeable but when he spoke next, answering Roman's question, it was. "Rolling Stones, Paint It Black, 1966 Single, UK Release, Decca Records."

The accent, markedly received pronunciation (so very British), was obvious. Jeremiah returned the handshake, strong and firm, though his hand was oddly cool (as if he was someone who was more than a few degrees cooler than most people). It might not have been immediately obvious who he was with just the accent but between it and his eyes (a strange mixture of blue-green that glowed faintly and sometimes, when light hit the pupils, reflected light back similar to a cat's) Roman probably had a good idea who was.

Silver-white hair, English accent, and strange eyes all added up to the Chief of Ashdown Police.

GhouIs

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:58 pm
Roman perked a brow at the man's request and looked puzzled for a moment. If he noticed the man's abnormal eyes or recognized him at all, he didn't show it. Though, of course, Cid had described Jeremiah to him before.

"Uhhhh," he moved down the length of the shop, turning his head this way and that as he observed the vinyl-laden walls of his establishment. "Yeah... thought so." He nodded his head in the direction of the record the police chief had requested. It hung from the highest point on the right-side wall, just under the ceiling.

"Let me grab the step-ladder real quick," he moved to the spot behind the counter where it should be and cursed under his breath when he realized it wasn't there. He looked apologetically at the other man. "I think uh- I think it might be upstairs. Would you mind waiting here a sec while I run up and grab it?"

azuredreams

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:39 pm
"Not at all," replied Jeremiah, hands going to his pockets (was that a bone ring on his left pinky visible? it was noticeably unnerving). "For once I've time to spare instead of never quite enough."

Besides it wasn't like he couldn't have a look around while Roman went for the ladder. Which he did, though he was gravitating towards what looked like a Pat Benatar vinyl.

GhouIs

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:53 pm
"Right on, man." Free time was nice. Ro rarely had much of his own, trying to keep the shop afloat. "It'll just take a sec- uh-" He glanced at the front of the store then to Jeremiah. "Don't let anyone run out with anything, okay? I doubt that anyone'll come in, but, uh- yeah- I'm being ********' redundant, sorry. I'll be right back."

He slipped through to the back half of the shop and took the steps up to his apartment two at a time. Mentally, he berated himself for acting so nervous but he'd always had a thing when it came to cops. Magical ones especially. Not that he'd ever dealt with one before. That he knew of. Wonder what that bone ring is all about??

When he came back downstairs, not only did he have the aforementioned step ladder- but a Coke too. He set the perspiring can down on the ground and set up the ladder, then used it to grab the Paint It, Black copy that Jeremiah had requested. Without missing a beat he hopped down, grabbed the soda, and returned to the space next to the police chief.

"Ya want anything else, man?" He asked, as he handed it over and nodded at the album he'd noticed the cop contemplating. "Can't go wrong with Benatar. She's an 80s queen."

azur3dreams

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:48 pm
Jeremiah just raised an eyebrow at the idea of anyone running out with something while he was in the store. That would've been an exceptionally stupid individual. "No worries, I'll keep an eye out."

Not like he was also not used to people acting nervous around him. The combination of being known to be magical, looking it, and being an officer had that kind of effect on people he did not know.

He was still looking over the Pat Benatar album, seeing what was on it, when Roman came back down and offered out the Paint It, Black vinyl. "Mm, I don't know. This is for a gift. I usually play this on the piano along with a few other Stones songs but this one has the most meaning ..." Jeremiah was looking it over, bright eyes glancing towards Roman. "And, no, one can't really go wrong with Pat Benatar."

5houIs

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:58 pm
"s**t, really? Have you heard the Stones' instrumental version of that song? It's tight. If you like it, I could put it on a 7-inch for you. I'll throw it in free of charge, if you get that Benatar album too." He moved to his spot behind the counter and began to search for the version he wanted Jeremiah to hear.

As soon as he found it, he played it; watching the police chief to gauge his reaction.

azur3dreams

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:33 pm
"Yes," Jeremiah actually smiled a little, his eyes crinkling at the edges, "it's a particular favorite." He looked thoughtful before he nodded. "I can't exactly say no to that. Alg will probably love it."

His fingers tapped out the beat before he stopped (mostly because it looked like something green and fiery appeared above them and disappeared). "Including the Pat Benatar vinyl. Since it has Shadows of the Night on it."

GhouIs

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:44 pm
Ro noticed the magic that had appeared above the police chief's knuckles. He noticed the magic and he wished he hadn't but he had. Mentally, he sighed. It would be so much easier if I were just ******** ignorant to this s**t. He blamed Cid, for always pointing it out to him. But he knew it was his own fault too. He was curious, and occasionally he gave in to his cravings. He'd been reading some crack theories about the eyeball monster not too long ago, despite his better judgement.

"Right on," he said. "If I were Alg I'd be stoked too. I'm not a diehard Stones fan or anythin', but, they're classic." Deftly, he typed in the two vinyls Jeremiah had chosen. "I can have the 7-inch ready as soon as I open up shop tomorrow if you're alright with swinging by to pick it up?"

azuredre4ms

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:04 pm
Jeremiah usually had a better control of his magic but, as of late, with all the research and work he was doing sometimes it got the better of him with an emotional surge (after all, when he truly got mad he smoldered).

"I didn't catch what time your opening hours are? I may have to come by during my lunch or after work." A wry look. "As I have to be up bright and early." Usually before the sun rose.

GhouIs

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:15 pm
"12." He said. "I open shop at 12, close at 6. But, uh- if it's easier for you... you can come in before that." He extended his pointer finger upwards. "I live upstairs and I'll probably have it done by midnight at the latest, so, if I give you my number you can text me and let me know when you're here?" He sighed.

"I haven't been sleeping that well recently, I'll probably be awake. I can just come downstairs and hand it off to you, that way you don't have to waste your lunch running an errand." Ro had always cherished his breaks, back before he became his own boss. He figured it was safe to assume that the police chief was an incredibly busy man, and Roman didn't mind helping him out a little. He seemed... good. Even if he was a tiny bit stand-offish.

Then again, that might have just been Ro's own prejudices that made him feel like he should keep Jeremiah at arm's length.

He flashed the police chief his computer screen, where the end price of the two vinyls was marked in bold black letters. "There's your total, by the way. Cash, or card?"

azuredr3ams

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:26 pm
"If you don't mind that, it would work easiest. I can't always guarantee I won't work through lunch." A card was pulled out from his pocket and flipped over. On the pack of it was neatly written his personal cell before it handed off to Roman. The front read: Jeremiah Mercer - Chief of Police Ashdown Police Department. Underneath his name and title were his work numbers and his work email.

"Just send me a text with your name so I know who it is." His head tilted, studying the young man a moment at the mention of lack of sleep. Part of him wondered ... "Bad dreams? Ah, and credit." Jeremiah only kept two twenties on himself at any given time.

GhouIs

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:39 am
Ro took his phone from his back pocket and typed in the number given, he sent a quick text to the police chief than added Jeremiah to his contacts beneath the name Wizard Detective, then stowed the device back where it came from.

azuredre4ms

ro kennedy, red ranger vinyl

He slid Jeremiah's card through and handed it back to him with the receipt.

"Not really bad... but weird." Was it weird that the police chief seemed interested in his sleep? Ro thought so. "I think it's just been this creep- er- abnormal s**t happening, sort of just... bleeding into my unconsciousness or whatever. Cid next door is always going on about it, so, I get an earful every time I step through the door."

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:53 am
Jeremiah's phone buzzed, no notification sound, and he pulled it from his phone to add the contact: Ro Kennedy - Red Ranger Vinyl. Nothing special, not yet at least, because it always took him a while to warm up to people.

Unless you went into combat with him and that was a different story.

Even if Roman thought it was weird, and Jeremiah would likely agree, there were enough odd rumors around town that made it kind of a thing. Strange dreams, weird stuff happening- you're probably dealing with that other place.

There was a snort at the mention of Cid. "For a man without magic, Concord knows a bit too much about some of the other aspects of this town." His lips twitched. "... but on the off chance you're having particular strange dreams, wherein you're in a place that looks like Ashdown but is not, visit your own shop."

GhouI5

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces