Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] A Binding Start (Leila/America/Kaleb)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:15 am
With all the things that had happened over the school year, it was hard for Kaleb to believe it was coming to a close. Summer would be here soon, and all magical things aside, he had to at least act like it was going to be a normal summer. And that meant preparation for all the extra reading time.

Although he had finished the Biology final early, Kaleb hovered nervously around outside the large exam room until students began trickling out at a more frequent pace, hoping to catch the professor on the way out. It wouldn't be hard, he could just ask for book recommendations and it would barely take any time at all...

cibarium

lizbot

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:45 pm
Leila hadn't been her usual bright and well-spoken self during the review, and she wasn't for the final exam either. She had also recently canceled office hours and could only be reached by appointment, much to the irritation of students who otherwise may have clustered around her door in the hopes her precognitive abilities would reveal a correct answer in one of their exams.

Her eyes looked disconcertingly dark behind her regular pink shades. That didn't catch too much notice from Kaleb's classmates, as her gaze stayed generally downcast and avoidant even when answering questions.

Eventually she noticed Kaleb approaching, and said, "Yes?" a little flatly. "I have a meeting with someone right after this, so you'll have to tag along if you have questions."

grey dragon

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:03 pm
Kaleb was unprepared for the tone of the professor's response, even the interpretation of displeasure was enough to scare him away from human interactions. But he was far more afraid of becoming even more of a bother, and wouldn't it be more irritating to disrupt her without even the relevance of a question?

"I- ah, I was hoping you might be able to recommend some reading over the summer," he stammered quickly, falling into line almost as much behind her as beside her. "If it's not a good time, I can... ask later, or... A-are you okay?"

Almost immediately his face paled, realizing he had asked a possibly sensitive and personal question. The shy teen mentally prepared himself for being snapped at.

cibarium

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:46 pm
"You're not the one bothering me, don't worry," Leila said, observing the student's distress. She was walking a little briskly, on a clipped autopilot. "If you want to read something you can apply your knowledge from the class to, Richard Lewontin's Triple Helix is good. I require it for the advanced evolution and ecology courses. Past that, I can't conjure up a reading list on the fly without knowing what topics you're most interested in."

They rounded the corner to a sitting area near a tiny campus coffee shop, where Leila had arranged to meet America.

lizbot

grey dragon

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:44 pm
It looked like his possible misstep had been swept under a rug, and that was just fine. Kaleb hadn't meant to pry into the professor's affairs, so he would try and keep his mind on the books. It would be easy to remember the names and authors, no need to even write anything down.

"Thank you very much!" He offered a slightly nervous smile. "I like to read about almost anything in the natural sciences, but physical sciences are good too. I didn't have time for physics this year but I already read the first year recommended texts..."

cibarium

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:20 pm
America was chewing on a straw like it had insulted her cat, her bird, her boyfriend, and her tits all in one go. Back rigid, brow scrunched up and pensive, her expression turned even grimmer when Leila showed up with someone else in tow. Fortunately, she recognized Kaleb as another visitor, one who wasn't...well...new. Which meant more likely to be useful. Expression clearing into a friendlier, if still a little tight, smile, America waved them over to her table.

"I see you grabbed us up more help, Miss Leila. Hey there, Kaleb, good to see you."

grey dragon
cibarium

lizbot

No Faun

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:03 pm
"More help...?" Leila was momentarily puzzled until America greeted Kaleb by name. Oh. "Right... there's a Kaleb on the e-mail list. I guess if he wants to?" She shrugged and sat down, inviting him to join them with a gesture.

America looked and sounded about as stressed as anyone who'd gone missing in Other Ashdown might be, especially with all the other s**t that was happening. Leila decided not to ask whether she was okay for the time being. "You got Odal's letter, right?" she started instead. "There's... a lot to do."

grey_dragon
lizbot

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:32 am
Wait... what? Kaleb sat down, wordlessly committing himself to assist in his state of confusion. The most remarkable part of the whole situation was that someone else had recognized him, and remembered his name even. Apparently he had not been as invisible to the world as he thought.

"Hello," he squeaked belatedly. "That list... of things?"

cibarium

lizbot

Grey Dragon

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:42 am
So Leila hadn't intended it, but maybe luck was on their side for once. "He went back with us, was there at the beach," America explained vaguely. "And the forest, after. It'll be better to have a Third."

The girl nodded at the mention of the list. "What we're interested in is the binding, we," she nodded at Leila, "probably got an advantage with that sorta thing. What's your powers like hun?" Her voice lowered as she asked Kaleb.

cibarium
grey dragon"

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:00 pm
Leila said "Ohh," quietly, and nodded slowly at the explanation. She remembered the beach. With the popular, moody, 60's musician version of Ezra. The version of whom she actually knew had disowned her, threatened to kill her and geased her into silence. She dragged herself back to the present with a long, deep, rattling breath, touching the fingertips of either hand together a couple of times.

"If you're not sure of your powers, I can help with that," Leila offered to Kaleb. That, at the least, was something her otherwise inconsequential precognition gave her a knack for. "America and I both have experience forming mental bonds, seeing as we're wargs... but apparent relevance doesn't necessarily matter."

grey dragon
lizbot

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:34 am
Kaleb glanced around nervously, but the ladies had chosen a good place for discussion. At this point in the school year the sitting area was hardly thrumming with people and activity.

"I'm not sure yet, over here at least," he admitted, picking at the strap on his messenger bag. "On the other side I can sense magic though, and I'm getting better at a protective shield... But warg bonds, do you think you could apply that sort of thing to something inanimate?"

cibarium

lizbot

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:18 am
"I've got a few other things, and Leila's managing more than one bond, so I'm pretty confident." It was the sort of self assured feeling that had been missing for far too long, but to be honest, America no longer had the patience for anything other than looking toward success.

"We should probably meet up at the Other Place next, so we can talk without looking over our shoulders and actually feel the problem out. Tomorrow, if that's not too early? Give you a chance to think it over without over doing it."

cibarium
grey dragon"

lizbot

No Faun

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:28 pm
"I can do that," Leila nodded. "Can I bring Biscuit? I'm growing new eyes, and it's a little tricky to see well."

grey dragon
lizbot
shortpost for wrap time :3

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:41 pm
New... eyes? Kaleb wanted to ask, but this was neither the time nor place.

"If it's not too much trouble, can I cross with one of you? That is, if you think I can help at all with this binding thing... I can't find my own way there yet."

cibarium

lizbot

Grey Dragon

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:00 pm
"Yeah, I can find us a door," America nodded easily. There were certain areas that one was bound to pop up. Not in the same spot, but vicinity and being on the alert made spotting them easily enough.

"I'm gonna try bothering Renard to see if he'll explain a thing or two about what's needed for it. He might not, but if he comes 'round, this is your heads up, okay?" For a man who'd apparently said he'd be willing to kill principals if they got in his way, he hadn't taken advantage of her head turning ******** up and pliable when she'd visited. That counted for a certain measure of trust despite the threat he represented.  
ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games