[PRP] wake me up when it's 1990 (wendy & ro) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:58 am
"Yo, Wendy, I've got an americano here with your name on it, open up!" Ro thunked the toe of his boot against the door that led to the radio DJ's office. In any other circumstance, he'd let himself in without fuss but in this particular scenario he held a piping hot coffee in each hand and he wasn't going to risk burning himself with it just to get through.

"Wendy they were out of sleeves my hands are on fire, open the ********' door have mercy!" He thunked again, just in case she hadn't heard him the first time.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:04 am
Wendy's office door popped open and the woman herself appeared to snag the coffee, "Sweet lifeblood.." She crooned low, "Thanks Ro.." While miming the european double cheek kiss to the air.. because she knew he loved that.

It didn't matter that it was way too summerly out for May. Hot coffee was needed.

Her outfit of the day had already been posted to her instagram and was a reflection of the warmth, shredded tight jeans and old Beatles shirt that probably outdated her life that she'd snagged in a thrift shop. Her dark hair was stuck up messily with 2 lightsaber chopsticks.

"You also know all the right ways to bribe me.." As her friend came in she retreated to her seat which looked more like a gaming chair than a desk chair, and collapsed heavily into it before taking a careful sip of her drink and sighing.

ghouis

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:17 am
"Cid said you'd be here, hope I'm not interuptin' anything important..." Roman resisted the urge to smirk at Wendy's offered kisses and instead let his eyes drop to her shirt.

"That is a very rad tee," he said as he indicated the article of clothing with a nod of his head. "From the 60s, right? I've been looking for that one." He squinted at her and took a sip of coffee before ambling across the office space and settling into the chair across from her.

"Where'd ya find it and what do I gotta do to convince you to give it to me?"

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:49 pm
"I'm always busy.." Wendy laughed. Busy was certainly her state of being, even if it was the silent glued-to-the-phone kind of busy, "But I've also always got a minute."

Wendy reclined slightly in her chair and took a cherished sip of coffee again.

"This was my aunt's.. That'd be like handing off a family heirloom," The woman smirked and winked. "But they sell decent ripoffs in Target."

ghouis

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:35 pm
Roman frowned.

"Damn," he said, dejectedly. "Woulda been a nice one to add to my closet." He took another sip of his own drink and hummed as the warmth rolled down his throat and spread across his chest.

"Anyway, I came 'cause... well..." He broke eye contact, dropping his gaze to Wendy's desk, where she had a framed picture of a smiling Cid and Trill. He hated asking people for things, but he was desperate.

"I was wondering if you had any openings in the show? I'm lookin' for some part-time work.."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:15 am
"Maybe when I die, you'll get it in my will.." She smirked a bit. Though they did probably wear the same size.

Wendy's head tilted to the request, clearly thinking, "Well what do you want to do? I mean I only do the morning show, but I can probably fit you in somewhere.." As well as pop a few ads for his store if that's what he needed.

ghouis

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:32 am
Ro took another swig of his coffee and looked momentarily struck. He hadn't really put much thought in what he'd do.

"Uhh, I dunno, really, maybe I could- ********' uhh- put in some 90s throwback for a couple hours every once in a while?" Yeah. That's definitely something he could pull off. Hell, he was practically the embodiment of the 90s. His acid wash jeans, ragged white tee, chucks, and black beanie made up an outfit he'd actually worn during the era.

"I'm off Sundays and Mondays. Work from twelve to six during the rest of the week. So whatever slots I can fill, I'd be down for."

il0veyouDIE

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:23 am
"Well I'm not in charge of the whole station, just my bit of the lineup. And you know my brother Tom does the late night," She was a knee bouncer, and her knee bobbed idly under he desk.

"You'd have to go higher than me to get a couple hour chunk of the afternoon.. do you have experience being ON the radio as like.. a personality?" Wendy's brows rose. She trusted his ability to get music out there but he would have to do more than that to get a slot on the station.

ghouis

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:34 am
"Ugh." The idea of talking to someone higher up on the food chain than Wendy was not an appealing one.

"I mean, I've got a little experience. I worked with a friend of mine on his station in Cali for a few months. Campus radio. I was there sort of, uh, unofficially..." Ro looked at the woman, his face haggard. "Would it even be worth pursuing? Are they lookin' to fill slots?"

ilovey0uDIE

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:46 am
Wendy smiled, "In media there's always room for something better.."

Of course Wendy was the type of woman who bullied her way through things like uncertainty and when doubting herself simply proclaimed herself to be the best thing since sliced bread. She was never lacking in personal drive or confidence.

"So you DO have experience. Doesn't matter what it is. The answer is 'Yes I have experience, I worked at a station in California.' Details aren't necessary unless pressed for," She chuckled. It was like coaching someone for a job interview. "Maybe you've been your own boss too long. Gotta get out there and take things you want."

She had a mighty, waving, clenched fist.

ghouis

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:09 am
Wendy's confidence and fist-waving managed to earn a rare smirk from Ro. He wiped it away as quickly as it had come, brushing the knuckles of his fingers along his septum as though the smile was nothing more than an itch that needed to be scratched.

"Yeah, well, not everybody has got the personality you do, 'dee." He said, watching the steam that drifted from his cup before returning his steady gaze to the brunette. "I think I could put on a good enough show for them, though, if you've got the contact info I need to get rollin'."

i1oveyouDIE

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:23 am
"I can give you a number or two.. but if you want to break in a bit I can give you a couple hours on Monday's on my show too. You do the music.. and I'll probably force you to interact with me. It may help drum up interest?"

She adjusted her glasses and leaned for a business card. It said her name and info, as well as the station's. She scribbled someone else's info on the back and slid it over.

"You know we could promos for the store too."

ghouis

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:37 am
"That would be rad as ********, Wendy, thanks."

Ro took the card and flipped it over to examine the numbers she'd scribbled on the back, then he slid it into his wallet. He took out a business card of his own and offered it to her in return. It was dark red with the words 'RED RANGER VINYL' prominently displayed in thick black font. Beneath that, was Ro's contact information- both personal and business, as well as his email. On the back, was a list of the various services he offered. Custom vinyl & cassettes, recording sessions, a venue for local bands. He looked sheepish.

"I could definitely use the advertisement. Business hasn't really been boomin' since all this weird s**t started happening around town..."

ilov3youDIE

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:16 am
Wendy read over Roman's card, flipped it also, and set it back down on her desk. Her long legs folded up under her, not the conventional way of sitting in an office chair.

"Weirder s**t than the usual weird s**t?" I mean they did live in a town where a stupidly large concentration of people were magic. I mean you didn't just talk about it a lot but it was a fact of life. Having gone through a pregnancy she'd actually asked the doctors 'WILL MY BABY BE MAGIC?!'.

"I mean there was that monster..." The eyeball thing. I mean it was at a farmers market and Ashdown had a hella active twittersphere.

"Not sure why it would affect people buying records.. Hipsters love that s**t," She frowned, "But that sucks. Come on my show and play some stuff and we'll pimp you."

ghouis

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:26 am
Roman shrugged.

"It just seems like most people are... preoccupied with s**t, ya know? Ashdown feels ********' different. Like..." He huffed and took a contemplative sip of his coffee. "I can't really explain it but... everything just seems like it's gettin' ********' heavier. A lotta people that used to come in just don't. And the ones that do, well, they seem... different... somehow."

Ro took off his beanie, exasperated, and rubbed at his head. "Maybe I'm just not gettin' enough sleep."

iloveyouDIE

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces