Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:57 pm
rules and mechanics
your mission
The person on this floor is not themselves, and needs rescuing! In order to due so the veilworm filtering their thoughts and making them complacent needs to be removed. The first step to safe removal is causing enough stress to the host for the parasite to disengage.

persuasion
As long as the thrall doesn't seem hostile, this is your best tactic. You can try to remind them what kind of person they really are if you know them, or resort to a less poetic plan of attack if you don't.
    • Roll a d10 and bold your persuading phrase
    • At the end of the turn, the thrall rolls a d10 (if persuadable)
    • At least one player must meet or exceed the thrall's roll to succeed
    • Multiple successes in the same turn count as one success
    • Four successes will make the veilworm retreat and become removable

combat
Fun tip: It's possible to summon up a weapon with magic if you need one, just in case punching isn't your thing.
    Everyone starts with 25 HP. If a combat scenario starts, please keep your HP total at the top of your posts!
    • You may attack once per round
    • To attack: roll a d6
    • At 0HP the thrall becomes incapacitated
    • Incapacitation makes the veilworm retreat and become removable

other
Thralls are unpredictable at times. If that means something about their rescue doesn't fit the script above, their player will let you know in bolded notes at the end of their post.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:46 pm
The room was almost painfully ordinary. The vague familiarity of most hotel rooms, designed to lend a strange sort of comfort by their recognizable lay out even in the more posh establishments.

The chairs here didn't even pretending to look comfortable, tightly upholstered to such a degree that it would be no wonder if there was a small sound of tearing fabric if you sat on them. The bed, against one wall looked unremarkable with it's ugly spread , pillows neatly tucked against the headboard, though the pillow that likely might have sported mints showed a small disturbance as though fingers had snatched it away.

The bathroom door stood open, clearly unoccupied,

Zac sat on a couch, his clothing as dull as the room, his vividly colored hair stuffed under a stocking cap as best could be managed, his hands folded into a heather grey ‘hoodie’ as he gazed around the room at nothing in particular.  

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:49 pm
Lily wasn't sure what to expect when she came through those elevator doors. She rolled her shoulders in the silence and crinkled her hands, trying her best to stay calm. In her mind she repeated a mantra: she had back-up, this wasn't going to be like Blackfriar's, no one was frothing mad on account of the full moon. She tried not to look too much at Erin, or her mind would start to imagine all the ways the other girl wasn't prepared. Instead, she focused on her breathing, slow and steady and rhythmic like waves on the shore.

Her whole body tensed when the elevator doors drew open, and if anything the sight of the drab interior was all the more unnerving. "Let's stay together," she murmured towards Erin, taking a slow step into the room with her eyes forward and her hands down. It didn't take long for her to find the figure among the gloomy interior, but when she realized who it was her heart began to sink.

"Hey there, buddy," Lily called out from a safe distance, lifting a hand in greeting. "Looks like you're really going hard for the Nobel Prize in getting trapped in the otherworld."

endejester

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:32 am
Erin distinctly did not think she was not unprepared. In fact, she spent most of the ride in the elevator quickly speculating all the things that could happen. Magic was at her fingertips and she could use it. The immense feeling of freedom and rightness and power that came from that over threw any sort of hesitations or fear she had. Before, in a world long since loss, she felt powerless to do much, besides be a distraction.

Now though. Now Erin could manifest the world in her palms if she wanted to. This endevour probably didn't need the world, but she could quietly put into place some safeguards. She pulled from a particular book series favorite of hers, tethering magic to her fingers with the intention of 'shield' and 'calm'. Better to quietly save the thralled visitor than have to resort to fighting.

And have Lily realize that Erin's nickname should be 'Flabby Arms'.

"So... talk first, punch if needed? Also does... he usually live this way?" she asked Lily quietly, not really recognizing Shun. Couldn't remember if she should have rememberd him from the time before, or if he was a newer visitor, sadly.

Well, time to see how this went...

AMItotic

endejester

a-disgruntled-dragon

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:29 pm
He tipped his head, maybe in greeting or maybe just to examine them as they came into the room. “Do you think there’s a prize for that? That would be kind of cool, though It was only the one time.” He mused thoughtfully.

“Are you guys going to stay here too? It’s very nice.”

a-disgruntled-dragon

AMItotic

AMItotic rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:40 pm
"I think I'd rather see you win the prize for, like, most times rescued and home safe," Lily responded, her voice soft as she continued to inch her way towards Zac. She glanced back towards Erin but did not respond to her question, partially because she did not know the answer and partially because she wanted to keep the conversation as focused on getting Zac out as possible. Still, she gestured towards the center of the room with an inclination of her head, a suggestion to move closer, and then she turned her attentions back on Zac.

"Come on, dude of unspecified gender, don't you wanna go...get some books, or something?"
She nodded softly in affirmation, inviting him to agree. It was a little unsettling, to see him as so...drab.

endejester

a-disgruntled-dragon

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:19 pm
Erin hung behind Lily, more focused on keeping the magic held in her hand than engaging with the dude in front of them just yet. It was an interesting exercise in control - why she was doing it here, in this scenario was beyond even her reasoning, but hey! She could do it!

She did agree it was nice, if very... gray. "It could use a bit of color, I think. Seems nice though." Erin shrugged and stepped to side just slightly, in the event she needed to some how try to magically restrain him. Try being the operative word here.

AMItotic

endejester

endejester rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:10 pm
Books, that word seemed to hit home, a blink almost as though someone had snapped their fingers suddenly and close to his ear.

“I… “ he started and shook his head, though maybe not quite as stoically as before.
“It’s so perfect here though. The others agree too, I mean why bother with color when you can just be so comfortable? And why would I want to go back? It’s not like I think people actually ‘miss’ me. Hell, Jeremiah can’t even see me, and he’s now my properly adoptive father. Honestly It puts him on par with my Real Dad when you think about it, he didn’t want to see me either.

He waved his hand looking disgusted.

a-disgruntled-dragon

AMItotic

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

AMItotic rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:48 am
"If Jeremiah can't see you then he's a jerkwaffle, and I haven't met your real dad, but he's a jerkwaffle too." Lily stated plainly, moving around a dull-upholstered chair to inch in even closer. "People miss you. There was a whole post about it in the listserv, everyone's really worried. And at the end of the day, you shouldn't give a ******** about what other people think, because you're allowed to exist with or without anyone else's permission."

He was still a good distance away, one that Lily couldn't quite leap across if she just lunged for him. She tilted her head back towards Erin, gesturing for Zac to close some of the distance on his own power. "C'mon, dude. Screw what other people think. I heard there's a new rock wall at the gym."

1endejester

1a-disgruntled-dragon
erin come save this persuasion roll

a-disgruntled-dragon rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:49 pm
Erin watched the exchange for a moment. He seemed less than willing to leave his chair, though the comment about not being able to be 'seen' struck her as odd. She titled her head to the side and moved around Lily to get a better look at Zac.

"We see you, Zac. And for what its worth... I think you look better in color, happier," she said with a sort of awkward smile. Not sure if it helped but she tried yeh?

AMItotic
she tried ;;

endejester

a-disgruntled-dragon

endejester rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:08 pm
Zac made a face as Lily spoke a second time, dismissive, disgusted maybe. “I mean, I am existing, I’m exiting in this really awesome place. This is a lot better than the thing that was going on with the faceless. It’s not like I’m turning to plastic or anything! It’s just, Other Ashdown!”

He glanced then towards Erin, colors, that made him blink.

“Colors.” He said softly. “I, I mean, grey is a color.” He said more softly, but he once again sounded troubled.”

“I- I mean I could do colors if I –wanted- to.” He said trying to sound firm, and only just perhaps making it.

a-disgruntled-dragon
She succeeded!

AMItotic
hugs so much!!

AMItotic rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:49 am
Lily's mouth pursed, but she took Zac's cold tone in stride. "Whoa, okay, let's change gears here. Nobody's gonna turn to plastic on our watch. It's okay." Her pace slowed, watching his body language carefully. She didn't want it to come to a fight, but she was smarter than to let herself not be prepared for one.

She nodded back at Erin, latching on to her sentiment about the colors. "I mean, yeah, grey is a color, but you used to have that whole...blue-green-purple thing going. It was cool as hell. What happened with that?"

endejester

a-disgruntled-dragon
go erin gooooo

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

a-disgruntled-dragon rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:18 pm
Why is anyone turning to plastic? What the heck was that about? Erin raised a brow but didn't ask. Clearly it was a sore subject.

"That's a great color scheme! You light up a room with it. Don't you wanna light up a room? Or maybe just light up your own space." Oh this was going to go just so well. Clearly.

endejester

AMItotic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:20 am
Rolling <3 -... or not  

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

endejester rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:21 am
“I –“ He hesitated stumbling over a thought or a word. “I do like those colors.” He said sounding maybe a little surprised. “

He picked at a hem of fabric, eyeing the dull colors. Not bad colors, just not ‘his’ colors.

He put fingertips lightly to his temple, frowning in confusion. They –almost- had him.

a-disgruntled-dragon

AMItotic

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas