Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] Ain't a God, But You Still Prayin' (Sonny & Preacher) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Preacher bounded up the steps to the porch, her steel-toed boots thumping clumsily. There were things about her most recent conversations that bothered her - things about sigils. Plus, she was pretty ******** sure Sonny hadn't seen a movie in god-nigh ever.

She slapped her fist against the door and said, in her most gruff, manly voice. "Ascension Shore, you've a caller." Hopefully Sonny was home. And like.... Sonny never got to go out, so... The thought made Preacher sad.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:06 am
"Hi, Preacher," Sonny called from somewhere inside the house. They popped their head out a few moments later. "Hi, what's up?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:59 pm
"Aw, how'd ya know it was me?" She grinned at Sonny. "Wan' go see a movie or somethin'? I also wanna talk ta ya 'bout sigils, but movie is betta."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:57 pm
"Your shoes," said Sonny. "Um, sure, I'm not busy. Give me a second..."

They took a long minute, and when they emerged they had tucked their hair up under their hat and put on a pair of rimless glasses. "How does this look? Nice?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:43 pm
"Am I really tha' loud?" Preacher wrinkled her nose, then let out a low, playful whistle when Sonny emerged. "Lookin' good, Sermon." Still in a bit of a silly mood, she crooked her elbow for Sonny to take if they wanted.

"You wanna see the movie first?" The nose wrinkle was back. "Or, ugh, talk magic - 'cause ain't no one else good n' you 'bout it."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:12 pm
"You're kinda stompy," said Sonny helpfully. They took Preacher's elbow and followed her off the porch. "We can talk magic while walking, if you want."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:06 pm
"I'd never cut it as a spy, yeah? Sneakin' about n' ********' s**t up." She thwapped Sonny lightly on the hand.

"Don really wanna talk magic, but it's s**t that gotta be done, y'know? N' ya're opinion on it since ya like prob'ly 'bout eighty-seven point three percent straight-up magic would be nice." She stomped along, then slowed a bit, trying to make her feet less... stompy. It was not her natural state of being.

"So, y'know there's two main bigass sigils, right? The one what came with the new peeps and the one what the new peeps made. The old come-with one is I think still floatin' round. D'you think they are interfering with each other?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:42 pm
"Not really," said Sonny. They grinned at Preacher like they'd never been happier. Maybe they hadn't. They lived in the old Shore house, alone a lot of the time. When would they have been? "I don't know about the old sigil, but it's possible it could be messing with things? If it wasn't fully destroyed?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:01 pm
The grin was ridiculously infectious, despite the sort of serious topic of magic. Preacher liked dragging Sonny out of their big a** house and into the town. Hopefully, it wouldn't come round to bite her or Sonny in the a**, because Preacher planned to keep on doing it.

"Weeelllll, more like not even destroyed a lil' bit?" She snorted. "I wanna get rid o' it fully, I feel like that extra magic is ********' wi' s**t. Like ya eyes n' stuff, y'know? But th'other Sunny is a part o' tha old sigil, n' I dunno if nixing that sigil would affect you, somehow." And Preacher rather like this Sonny.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:11 am
"It probably would," said Sonny, "but I'm not sure. I've never seen your sigil, just its aftereffects, you know?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:05 pm
"Oh, well." She glanced around - there was no one terribly near. "It looks like this."With her free hand, Preacher drew glowing lines in the air. A sword, some stars, the crown. It all seemed very regal and very staid. The one they'd created was more organic.

"New one's got tha weirdass keys, tree, knots, y'know. But yeah, I wanna dissemble that old s**t, but I'm 'fraid it'd ******** you up somehow. I mean, y'ain't Sunny, you're Sonny, but still. Yer papa went n' grabbed Sunny's body, y'know." She sighed. "I'm worried 'bout bleed through, though if we had tha body, it might be better."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:49 pm
Sonny eyeballed the symbol. "Yes," they said. "A circle. It's for containment, isn't it? So of course it's going to cause problems if it's not fully deconstructed... It's because your principals are dead, isn't it?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:07 pm
"Eyup. I dint have anythin' ta do with makin' tha first one. But your da - they wanted to cage 'im up. Caught everybody up innit instead." Preacher swiped the glowing symbol away.

"Tha old ones is dead - murdered, mostly. The new sigils ones're alive, I think. I hope so 'cause I wonder if the deaths is what made the alt place I'm from go all higgledy-piggledy. You know, right?" Preacher wondered what movies were playing; she honestly hadn't looked. Sonny would choose, anyway, and Preacher had just wanted to drag them out of the house. She'd even buy them popcorn.

She scuffed her boot on the ground. "I jus' wanna fix stuff. D'you wanna help -or can ya not since ya close to one o' the components?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:12 am
"I don't understand why," said Sonny. "The worst thing he ever did was create me, and even then, nobody knew. Except Sunday, but she would never tell. She promised not to."

This mystifying tangent over, they shrugged. "I can help with that, yes," they said. They favored Preacher with another smile. "So what do you need me to do?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:48 pm
"W-wait. He created you afore tha sigil? I thought ya was an effect of tha sigil's caging powers n' s**t." Preacher didn't really care either way, except that seemed like an important information. And how was lil' old librarian Sunday involved, anyway? Sonny was Sonny and Sonny was chill, though.

She smiled back at Sonny. "Well, ri'now, I gotta find all these components n' s**t for tha undoin'. The one ring, a siren, some dirt, Sunny, your da's grimoire from m'world. s**t like that. So I don' have a whole lot ta need help on ri'now less ya know how to get things. BUT." She emphasized. "I 'ppreciate it n' might need ya magical know how ta blast it apart, yeah?"

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces