Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:48 am
User Image
roman kennedy

JADED DISCOPHILE
Sluggish and cranky, Roman keeps mostly to himself, his vinyl shop, and his record collecting ventures. It's been a few years since he quit his band and the "go hard or go home" lifestyle that accompanied it, but the long days and even longer nights of wear and tear still seem to hang heavy on his bones. He's tired. His emotions range from exhausted to bored to mildly irritated without room for much else.

ROUTINE SADNESS
Depression is Roman's constant companion. It weighs him down. It makes him tired and dispassionate. It claws at his insides and has him hunched over in the shower after long days, feeling empty and lackluster.

The things he used to be passionate about- drumming, his shop, music in general- now only seem to add to his distress. He can barely afford to live and has managed to stay afloat in the vinyl industry only because of online sales. He can barely muster up the energy to even sit at his drums, let alone pick up his sticks. His ex band mates and friends since high school are off on tour, too busy with their own lives for him to feel like he can reach out.

Desperate for an escape from the melancholy, he drowns his sadness in cheap beer and loud music. He pushes himself to go out. To socialize, to advertise, to search for new additions to his shop, to break the routine... but, thus far, nothing has worked to ease the dejection. Life just isn't what it used to be.

CEASE AND DESIST
Whether it be on the radio, the T.V., overhead speakers, a record player, or even someone's phone- if a song starts playing that Roman doesn't like, the device's audio will abruptly stop outputting until the song has finished.

ANYTHING ELSE?
31 years old
Ashdown native
gay af
plays the drums
lives in a small apartment above his shop, "Red Ranger Vinyl"
too smart for his own good
so, so grumpy

User Image
User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:34 pm
yessss. good. fresh meat! i mean, hi! welcome to the organized chaos <3!! let's get to work so we can get you playing! (apologies for the delay, i pulled by back and it put me out of action for a bit!)

high concept -- so right off the bat i am going to tell you that i am not reading 'jaded stoic' from your text. i can see where it's picking up and that is with the last couple of sentences. i believe if you elaborate on that, explaining how that life of excess jaded him to simply dealing with life silently, it'd be a more cohesive high concept blurb that fits what you're going for! just keep in mind that your high concept needs to be three to five sentences because the entire thing is meant to be a short summary of who your character is at their core.

trouble -- depression, especially if a mental illness, may not necessarily be enough for a trouble. while i can see the beginnings of one in here, i feel like this is lacking? how has he managed to keep a business afloat if he is so dispassionate about everything? what has he done to try and overcome this? i really want to see an expansion beyond the depression. you touched upon other problems he has and THOSE are the heart of his trouble, i believe.

we've have several characters where 'fitting into a mold' or 'breaking out of a mold' or 'does not like being placed into a mold' is a trouble for them and a lot of their trouble comes from the direct conflict created by that. you may want to expand on this portion to create a more robust trouble! the gm and rp mod use troubles to hook your player into the meta and other players use the trouble as a way to potentially find ways to interact with your character.

the other thing to note is that characters that are reticent, bystanders, or otherwise very removed WILL have a hard time getting involved in the meta, so you need to be aware of that when you decide to go that direction. it's not to say that you can't have it, just that you got to be prepared that it may be hard to get involved because not everyone is going to reach out and drag them in.

power -- i am not comfortable with a dreamer power that is going to require a LOT of player consent (the malfunctioning bit requires this). you can pull something like this off but not if it malfunctions or breaks the device playing the music. if you phrased it 'if a song starts playing that roman doesn't like the device will skip to the next song until one he likes plays' or 'the device will simply drop the audio and go silent until that song is over'. essentially you're wanting to do something that just makes the music stop/become quiet that does not result in the breaking of a device.

when you've done your revisions, give me a quote again and we can get going ~ if you have any questions, feel free to PM or hit me up on discord as well <3 (i can also get you an invite to the discord channel that way, my nick is rated em#4749!)

GhouIs

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:58 am

BOOM, revised. I've also added you on Discord.

4zur3dr3ams

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:08 pm
it is looking good! i shall ping our gracious and loving overlord.

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:28 pm