Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:49 pm
Candidate work was hard. Brushing a few strands of fair white back in to her scarf, the young albino girl shifted sore limbs and wrinkled her nose at the twinge in her right shoulder. Well, at least she'd avoided sunburn today, even if her eyes ached something fierce. Rubbing them with the backs of pale palms, the young woman was just wandering aimlessly through the halls of High Reaches, the idle thought that she might need to get food soon running through her mind. The flight a short while ago had worked her up terribly, but thankfully she had been able to pass it by and get right back to the hard work she had to do.

It was not until she paused near a Weyr that she realized that she'd been wandering a bit further than she intended, stomach rumbling to note her need to eat. Huffing softly, she touched the flat plane of her stomach, "Maybe when it hurts less..." After all, no use going to eat when her eyes still burned from outdoor exposure....

Masterharper

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:35 am
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Hurry now! They'll be gone by the time you get out the door!

H'sad was exasperated. All he'd wanted to do was to enjoy a little relaxation now that he'd returned from riding Sweeps. He'd barely managed to pull off his goggles and gloves when Cinonth had all but keened with excitement, and pushed him, hard, with his head. The unexpected movement had caused H'sad to stumble, and he swatted at his blues snuffling nose.

"You great oaf, you're going to knock me out of our weyr one day and then you'll be sorry!" Nevermind that his weyr was now on one of the lower levels He'd spent a few Turns higher up, but the countless steps and stairs had been a bit of a pain for Dristan. His request to change weyrs had been accepted, and while H'sad did rather miss living higher up, and thrill of jumping off the ledge atop of Cinonth, he knew it was far easier for Dristan not to have to take all the stairs, or request a ride up just to retire. If the view wasn't as pleasant, or the privacy, he at least had the joy of being closer to the Dining Hall.

Cinonth, for his part, ignored his riders grumbling. The sensitive search dragon was all but scrabbling to get further into the weyr, though his head and nose could only fit so far.

"I swear, Cinonth, if this is what I think it is--"

Oh do hurry, Mine! I want to meet them, to see them! The dragon let out a plaintive creel so much like a newborn hatchling that even H'sad couldn't resist his blues ridiculous antics. Heaving a sigh, the blond ran fingers through his matted and diseveled helmet hair, tossed his riding helmet on the bed, unbuttoned his riding jacket, and made his way to the back entrance of his shared weyr.

He could feel his blue's excitement, and while he didn't mind letting his blue greet and get to know others, he didn't appreciate it when it happened during his down time. H'sad would have much rather slipped into the Dragonhealer's station to see if Dristan were about, but that would have to wait. "I'm goin',I'm goin', see?" He told his dragon, who let out another creel.

Thankfully, the hallway was near deserted, save for the most peculiar lookng person he'd ever seen. H'sad had to give her a double take. Even in the dim corridor's glowlight, she looked pale and had the whitest hair he'd ever seen. "Er, you all right?" He asked, arching a brow. She looked to be touching her stomach, and he couldn't tell if her paleness was normal or something was seriously wrong.

For now, though, he was more concerned about her well being than Cinonth's anxiousness to meet her. He knew what his dragon was going to do, and honestly, H'sad thought it the most silly thing his blue could do, but also the most exasperating. Candidates didn't need to be Searched multiple times, but his blue wouldn't be happy until he'd made his revelation.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:54 pm
She could hear the sounds of argument. Who was fighting and why, she couldn’t make sense of, and yet at the same time, when someone came out of a Weyr. Isilje vaguely recognized the other sounds of that of a dragon, but when he began to speak, those pale lilac eyes turned to him, alight in the dim glow around her. Was she-? Oh! Right, “Yes….I am fine, I’m sorry.” Her hand moved away, and the Candidate offered an awkward grin, slowly moving her hood back to rest around her neck, letting white hair shift to hang over her shoulder. It took her a moment to try to remember him...but once she did, the girl almost brightened, "Thank you, H'sad." She knew the names of almost all of the Riders, having been more than a little obsessed when she got here.

"I was just hungry. I get a bit distracted....after my work for the morning, and I must have wandered over here on accident," The young woman had a hint of a burn across the bridge of her nose, the spot an angry red from where the sun had been for a bit too long. It was the struggle of being a candidate with a condition that left her weak to light. It was also the trouble of wanting so desperately to be a Rider. Smiling at him, she shifted on her feet, and then turned her gaze to the turn where he'd come from, a little curious to see what the Dragon had been making noises about. Shards, just the thought of seeing a dragon was excited, "My name is Isilje by the way,"

Masterharper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:56 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

"Good to meet you, Isilje." He greeted, glad to have a name to go with her pale face. "I'm H'sad, as you know, and my blue Cinonth is just inside."
He jerked his chin at the backdoor to his weyr. "You must've been in quite the daydream," he grinned, glad that it was only hunger, not illness, that plagued the girl. "Not much down these corridors but backdoors, storage spots, and stairwells." He wasn't used to seeing too many come down this way. Drudges and workers, Candidates turning glows or setting tunnelsnake traps, but not many just for the sake of wandering. Maybe she had wanted to be alone?

Meh. It was too late for that, and the sooner he let Cinonth do his thing, the sooner H'sad could kick back and relax a little. "If you're hungry though, I do have some fruit, and a few rolls and biscuits that were brought up from this morning's meal." The bluerider liked to have snacks available for Dristan and himself to enjoy between meals. While they could go down to the Dining Hall if they ran out, or wanted something specific, he found it easier to just bring back extras. "You're welcome to it," he encouraged, holding open the door and gesturing for the girl to come in.

Mine, don't forget about me. You know what to do. Cinonth sent a new wash of excitement over to his rider, as if he needed to be reminded. H'sad had to try hard not to roll his eyes.

"Er," he hesitated, hating this part of Cinonth's little game. While it was the blue's favorite, H'sad couldn't help but feel awkward. Candidates already Searched weren't often in need of being Searched again. "Whether you're hungry or not, do uh... Do you have a minute or two to spare? Cinonth, er, would like to meet you."

Search was the word he should have used, but he just couldn't bring himself to say it. Not yet. H'sad adored his dragon above all else, but sometimes he couldn't help but feel a little awkward. "I've already told him he's an overgrown oaf, so it's really okay if you've other things to do." He wasn't entirely sure if having dragons poke and prod and gape and stare at them was something Candidates might enjoy, especially as he couldn't remember how long Isilje had been at the Weyr.

Not every Candidate cooed over dragons, after all.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:47 am
His greeting got a smile, though when he murmured about her being lost in a daydream, she turned her head down and smiled a bit uncomfortably, “….Perhaps.” She often got lost in such things, “I only really come down every so often for chores...but sometimes I stop thinking and let my feet lead.” And then, oh. Then he had to offer food. Lavender eyes lit up, the white lashes around the edge making them seem wider as her smile brightened. “I would appreciate it! Thank you!” Oh, she shouldn’t have been so excited or happy to be invited in to a weyr...until. Oh. Blinking, she watched H’sad’s face. Why did he seem so awkward? What was wrong? Tipping her head to the side, she slipped in to the Weyr and paused.

Wait...Cinonth? His dragon? Wanted to MEET her?! That got her eyes to go wider, staring at him like he’d just sprouted a second head. The man was apologizing for it, and she couldn’t help but wonder sharding WHY. It was a DRAGON that wanted to meet her! “...I d-don’t mind!” She hadn’t seen one up close since she’d been searched herself. Slipping in to the weyr, she couldn’t help but look for the blue, “He can say hello if he wants to...I actually….really adore the dragons...even if I only watch them from afar.” She was so excited...So eager to meet him. So eager to get close and to see the hide nearby. Perhaps it was silly, childish even. This was the way she was, though...

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:48 am
-_Wish of Tevarae_-
If Isilje is okay with Cinonth getting cuddly,
feel free to have him snuffle on up in your post.

H'sad did brighten when the girl seemed so enthusiastic about meeting his blue. While he tried not to take for granted having Impressed, after growing up in a Weyr he sometimes forgot that seeing and being around dragons was an anomaly. Many of the Candidates had never had the opportunity to work with the creatures, or see them up close. For all that H'sad sometimes felt a bit embarrassed by his dragon's need to double-Search a Candidate, seeing the pale girl's excitement helped.

"You don't say," he grinned, relaxing a bit more. "I hear the Weyr's are a pretty good place to be if'n you're a fan. Cinonth, in particular, is always happy to meet new faces. Come on," he encouraged, leading his way through his weyr and out the small door that separated his shared quarters with Dristan, and where Cinonth slept.

The room opened up to the mouth of the weyr and the Bowl. It was quite low to the ground compared to other weyrs, but amply large enough for a dragon of any size. There was a large stone bed, with some pushed off blankets and hay; close to the door was hung dragon tack of various sizes, colors, and designs, along with containers of oil, various brushes if different sizes and strength, and a few sacks of firestone tucked into a corner. Ah, but most importantly, Cinonth wasn't going to let Isilje wait to look around. The dragon crooned with excitement, and was quick to push his way closer to the two of them as soon as they entered.

His eyes whirled a happy green, and they glowed this deep in the weyr. "Cinonth, this is Isilje-- Now, now, let her get settled in, you big oaf," he pushed the snuffling dragons head back, as if he could physically push the blue away. Thankfully, the bright blue dragon responded to the touch, and did reatreat a few steps, but it was clear he wanted to nuzzle on up to the pale girl.

His croon almost turned into a petulant creel. "If you don't mind him in your personal space, he'll cuddle right on up. He likes his cheeks and eye ridges scratched particularly well, but he can pet just 'bout anyplace other than his eyes."

He stepped back, though he did keep a staying hand on Cinonth's neck. He'd wait for Isilje to give word that the blue was okay to get extra close before he'd let his blue approach.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:11 am
She shifted the red-glass goggles back around her neck to keep it away as she walked in to his room, looking around his weyr in wonder. Oh, there were so many lovely things, and his bed was big....dragon tack that was done wonderfully, oil...brush...firesto- Her attention was distracted quickly. Why? There was the head of a dragon. The croon was so wonderful, and her smile flicked in a bright, upwards turn. Oh look at him! He was beautiful, and those eyes! "Hello Cinonth." She whispered, watching as H'sad pushed his head back. Slowly, the petite girl made her way forwards. She was maybe a foot in front of him, she stopped. "It's more than alright...I would love to say hello." She whispered, stepping forwards to run her fingers up his nose and start scratching over his eyeridges.

So this was what dragonhide felt like. Her cloth hood that she'd made fell loose as a scarf now, her hair falling in to her face as she kissed his head. He was such a lovely creature, and so wonderful...how could she do anything but say hello? "You're so lovely, Cinonth. Look at you, such a pretty blue." Her voice was warm, happy. "Oh, H'sad....Thank you so much....He's so beautiful..."

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:25 am
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Any frustration or annoyance he'd had at his blue's insistence to Search the girl immediately dissipated at the joy in the girl's voice. The pale haired individual seemed more than pleased with Cinonth's attention, and the way she didn't hesitate to cuddle his blue was cute. At least she wasn't afraid of him, or upset by his desire to be affectionate. It was always awkward when Cinonth meant no harm, and only wound up scaring or upsetting someone.

"He is a gorgeous blue, thank you," H'sad grinned, his own pride showing. He walked up so he might stand more at his dragon's side, and reached out to give the blue's shoulder an affectionate pat. "One of the brightest in his clutch, and probably the friendliest."

Thankfully, H'sad wasn't a jealous rider. He knew Cinonth loved attention, but he also knew that his blue loved it from him best. Besides, the blonde couldn't spend every waking moment cooing and cuddling his blue, as much as he might want to. This way his dragon could get all the attention he craved, without causing H'sad to neglect Dristan or his other duties. Besides which, he made sure the two of them always had time to bond, play, and snuggle. He just preferred to do so privately.

"How long have you been a Candidate anyway?"

Cinonth, for his part, was more than pleased by the girl's response. His eyes whirled a happy green-blue, and he rumbled happily at her. Tell her that I Searched her, Mine! Don't forget that. It's the most important.

H'sad gave his dragon's shoulder another pat, and a small shake of his head. Well, it was bound to come out sooner or later. "Er... Cinonth wants me to tell you that he think you'll be a fine Candidate. He likes to Search, and sometimes likes to Search our Candidates again." It was a cute little quirk of his blue, but he did wish the dragon would find Candidates outside the Weyr itself.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:32 am
Masterharper

She crooned softly at the beautiful Blue, her eyes soft as her fingers stroked over his ridges and headknobs, before she looked over to H'sad at his question, "Four turns now. I came in when I was 11." And since then, she'd been struggling to adapt to weyr life. It was hard for a girl who could get injured from sunlight...but that was why she wore hoods and scarves, staying out of the eyes of others. In fact...H'sad was one of the first people she'd socialized with in a week or two. When she was told that she'd been searched again, she settled to sit in front of Cinnoth, stroking his nose.

Her smiled brightly, eyes sparkling and light as she found herself excited and happy, "He's so kind. I'm glad he thinks so. Sometimes I have to wonder...with my problem...if I'd be able to handle being a Candidate." It meant a lot that H'sad and Cinnoth would be so kind to her.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:36 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

The blue dragon rumbled appreciatively at the attention from the pale girl. His eyes remained a happy blue-green, and the dragon had no intention of pulling his face away from her anytime soon. Surely, someone who could give as nice scratches as this deserved to Impress!

H'sad almost rolled his eyes at his dragon, but instead just gave the blue a good thump. If everyone who gave good scratches Impressed, I don't think there'd be anyone on Pern without a dragon.

The blue gave a mental shrug. I don't see that as being a problem. More friends and family for us all.

More dragons for you to cuddle with, you mean. Cinonth was a very affectionate creature, and finding dragons to cuddle to had been difficult since Thread's return. His favored ledgemate of choice had succumbed to Thread during its early return, and the blue hadn't yet found a new favored companion. For now, though, the blue seemed to take comfort in finding snuggles with anyone willing enough, be they people or dragons!

Looking back at the girl, H'sad was glad that she seemed delighted enough, and didn't seem to mind the peculiarity of such a happening. "Well, sounds like you've got some time left at least. Not everyone Impresses right out of the gate -- I know I sure didn't. Took me until I was twenty for Cinonth to hatch, and that day was worth every minute of uncertainty and doubt. I would've waited another twenty Turns for this blue lug," he added fondly, unable to keep his besotted grin off his threadscored features. "I've no doubt you'll find your perfect match, problems be 'scored," he added cheerfully. "You seem capable enough -- no doubt some dragon out there is waiting just for you."

Cinonth crooned in agreement.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas