Welcome to Gaia! ::

Displaced Final Fantasy / KH Remnants

Back to Guilds

A place for final fantasy & KH fans still on gaia that would like to reconnect / meet 'new' fans. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix, Roleplay, Cosplay 

Reply Displaced Final Fantasy Fans
y'all wit cha private profiles Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your 3D Love Interest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:23 am

What Rinoa said is true: Cosplayers, ironically, receive a lot of hate on Gaia despite it always being a site geared towards Japanese subculture and that includes.. well, cosplay.

Some users may still be used to the old days where there was frequent drama within the cosplay community on here. Especially when it came to profile code theft, avatar copying, scamming, or outright account impersonation.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:43 am
starlusk
gotta admit, i get S A D when cool looking people have their theme set to private/friends only.
because it's a clear sign to me that you don't care for overtly friendly people ( strangers ) like me.
I LOVE ADDING PEOPLE WHO ARE INTO THE SAME STUFF, but i get that being a cosplayer
can rouse a lot of issues. but it doesn't help shutting yourself away from everything including the
good. omg that's the leading cause of quitting gaia, feeling alone & bored.

i've seen people with friend requests turned off, comments set to friends only, & a private theme.
LIKE.. BE MY FRIEND, I'LL TREAT YOU RIGHT BBY.

emotion_omnomnom

Yeah, I agree with this. Sora ended up setting all this stuff to friend-only because he was having trouble with people and that's sad because he's a really friendly lovable person who wants to talk to everybody. I closed down my Riku until he decides what to do because for me, there's no point being Riku without my Sora.

A lot of people set their profile to private when they either quit or ditch their character for another account. That's a good move I think since it keeps people from trying to interact with a dead account. I set mine to private sometimes if I'm planning on not using them for a long time. I feel kinda guilty to come back after 6 months and have friend requests and comments from people who don't even remember sending that stuff by then.

So when I see private stuff everywhere I usually assume those people aren't active. How can you BE active if everything is turned off? It seems like everyone is doing Towns now instead of profiles. Setting your profile to private because you don't want to be bullied then going into Towns and Forums makes zero ******** sense to me. You're more likely to catch flack from someone in Forums/Towns because it's less effort on their part than coming to your profile and leaving you a comment. But whatever.

When my stuff is set to friends-only it means I'm not in the mood for people and want to be left alone. Friends-only/private stuff looks unfriendly so I do it when I feel unfriendly. It basically says "Stay away from me" to anyone who visits your profile or tries to interact with you.

Swords and Hair Gel
Vice Captain

Fashionable Werewolf

Little Kadaj
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:43 pm
@everyone who replied:

yus i know ppl have diff reasons for setting their profiles to private but
the point was
they are all in this guild
so
since they had private profiles
i wanted them to talk to me here instead
so i quoted them all
and tried to be friendly
n yeh
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:20 am
Hey guys, I'm new here! blaugh Didn't know cosplayers receive a lot of hate... yikes. sweatdrop But I love everyone's avvies!!  

xEpicness

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:01 am
xEpicness
Hey guys, I'm new here! blaugh Didn't know cosplayers receive a lot of hate... yikes. sweatdrop But I love everyone's avvies!!

It doesn't seem to happen as much any more with the hate, thankfully. But cosplaying / roleplaying on Gaia doesn't seem the same as it used to either. Lanzer I think is working his way towards the older feel of Gaia, maybe the mood will shift and there'll be more cosplayers and roleplayers coming out or coming back to gaia.
Hope the hate doesn't though.

There was a GCD topic about cosplay too on Gaia.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:01 pm
xEpicness
*gathers new person* 4laugh ppl only hate stuff that is popular. the best example is twilight. a massive number of people never read the book, never saw the movie, but hate it beyond hate only because 1) it was popular and though thought everyone else liked it so they wanted to be "different", or 2) everyone else all hated it so they hated it too just cuz everyone else did

so back when cosplaying was popular and a LOT of people did it, well of course u ended up with haters cuz everyone that's popular gets hated it

i think a lot of it originated from the avatar arena in my opinion, which gaia eventually shut down completely. ppl with non-cosplay avatars were angry that cosplay avatars would win instead of them, and they'd moan about it being "unoriginal" when it clearly took a lot more effort to match a pre-existing character than it did to just throw together items iwth matching color schemes rolleyes soooo like all hate, it usually didn't even make sense lol

but nowadays it's not that common anymore and people have gone back to being surprised when they see their fav characters in towns, etc. if u cosplay now, the hate is gone, but so are the other cosplayers. it's not as easy to hook up with other ppl who do the same thing as u, etc.

me and riku have decided to completely change how we use gaia since all the other cosplayers are gone. that's always been the only thing we ever used gaia for and the only interest we had in it, was the cosplays and the roleplays, but now it seems to be fading, for some reason, and it's hard to find anyone who cosplays and most of them don't roleplay they just dress up sooooo

we used to do mulitple accounts so if u came to towns/whatever and someone else was already doing ur character, we could easily just switch, etc, and like it was fun to have several characters, but now that other ppl aren't doing it, it's just a hassle.... espeically when photobucket crashed and now we have to make all those profiles over again

speaking of photobucket, we were on google this morning looking up stuff online and saw somebody with a "please upgrade" box instead of a picture, lol. they wiped out half the internet with that dirty trick.

anyway, we still do the cosplay/roleplay thing but... since everyone else stopped doing it and it's not a social thing anymore, we're closing down our side characters and going back to traditional rps... the kind where it doesn't involve ur avatar and u just type whatever without it.... which we could do anywhere, and that was the reason we chose gaia, it put a cool spin on roleplaying, but there's no one to do it with now but each other, and elena/reno/aqua from the guild, and one lone namine. ;3;  

Sora with Wings
Vice Captain

Friendly Explorer

Displaced Final Fantasy Fans

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out