Welcome to Gaia! ::

Displaced Final Fantasy / KH Remnants

Back to Guilds

A place for final fantasy & KH fans still on gaia that would like to reconnect / meet 'new' fans. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix, Roleplay, Cosplay 

Reply Displaced Final Fantasy Fans
y'all wit cha private profiles Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Kadaj
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:25 am
aerith-gainborough

monstrocker

bald-turk-rude

turk-of-shinra

come out & be sociable, ya puffs! heart

rufaus-shinra

I was gonna comment cheeeewww but i thought for a long time that ur comments section was part of ur about section and then eventually realized OMG DAT'S SOME HEAVY RP POSTS RIGHT THAR emotion_awesome n didn't wanna interrupt that & all... NOT THAT WAS I INTIMIDATED OR ANYTHING.

srs tho why everybody set to private these days??? how am i supposed to stalk all the guildies if they're hidin! -drags u all out- COME TO DA DARK SIDE, MAH PRETTIES, AND WE SHALL RULE DA WORLD WITH CHOCOLATE AND SMALL CHILDREN. 4laugh

and so many ppl have comments either friends-only or disabled completely. i saw a cloudy just now with a really cool profile but NERP! COMMENTS DISABLED FOR DIS PROFILE! dramallama sometimes when i feel spiteful i send a PM instead, and sometimes i get NERP! DIS USER NOT ACCEPTIN PM'S. rofl

though to be fair most people who do have comments available dont' respond to me anyway. blaugh

COME OUT HUR U UNSOCIABLE PPL! LET ME LUUUURRRVE YEW!!! it's like ya think i'm gonna brainwash you with black water & make u into mindless puppet servants or something. whee

Which is something I definitely wouldn't dream of doing. ♥  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:17 am
User Image
I think it's because now and days, cosplayers get a lot of hate.
i've been there, and i actually stopped cosplaying after some hateful messages.
A lot of cosplayers don't accept gifts from those they don't know because people think
its okay to go ahead and send them a awful message like that, just so
they can't be tracked.
Most people also have profiles and pms set for friends only because of it too.
now i don't know if thats the same with all these folks , but i know thats what i've done in the past.
people on gaia are often toxic and claim a cosplayer is stealing ideas. ;c

its very sad.

Cosplayer Skylar

Timid Wife

Little Kadaj
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:35 am
His Rinoa
User Image
I think it's because now and days, cosplayers get a lot of hate.
i've been there, and i actually stopped cosplaying after some hateful messages.
A lot of cosplayers don't accept gifts from those they don't know because people think
its okay to go ahead and send them a awful message like that, just so
they can't be tracked.
Most people also have profiles and pms set for friends only because of it too.
now i don't know if thats the same with all these folks , but i know thats what i've done in the past.
people on gaia are often toxic and claim a cosplayer is stealing ideas. ;c

its very sad.
d'awwww is it still like that?

i know back in the day, when i first joined in 2007, ppl were like "omg ur so-n-so!" and there were characters everywhere and we used to comment each others profiles all the time, etc

and then there started to be massive conflict over the avatar arena cuz cosplayers were winning over "original avatars" as they liked to put it, and then instead of "hey ur ___! I love ____!" ppl would see me and go "ugh another cosplayer? can't you ppl do something original??" etc etc

i left in 2013, just now came back a month or two ago, a lot of things have changed. gaia has actual cosplay items now, so you don't have to be creative with trying to make your character, you just buy the official item that looks like them, etc. but instead of ppl using those items, everyone seems to have given up completely and just left

those who are still around are nearly all private profiles / private comments

and i have not heard any negative remarks at all, but my sora acc gets a lot of ppl going "omg! i love kh!!" when they see me, but i pretty much can't find ANY other ppl for KH who aren't dead. so it's like.... everyone left and the "ugh another damned cosplayer" attitude went back to "oh cool a cosplayer!" .-.

when i see all these private people i wonder if the hate got so bad that everybody in general is afraid to be themselves now, or if its just because everybody uses towns instead. i have seen a lot of active people whose most recent comments were years and years ago and the only new comments they have are from me. sweatdrop and as far as 'everyone is private' it's not just the cosplayers. the people connected to this guild is the first time i've seen cosplayers around who are actually still using their accounts. everyone else i see, whether just normal avatars or wahtever, EVERYONE is going to private now, either hide the whole pro or take off the comments, or leave the comments but they're friends-only now

is gaia really that hateful? i never heard of using gifts as a way to troll. my gifts are friends-only but that was to ward off hackers/etc dumping their items on random accs to get ride of the evidence (when they get banned, u get banned with them for accepting stolen items)

anyway i came under the impression that profiles just aren't a thing anymore and people just use towns instead. i'm not big on towns. sweatdrop zomg is okay because you only hear the people on the screen with you, you can mute everything else, the chat is pretty tame in there anyway and crew chat lets you talk privately, etc

but towns is a mess emotion_puke i can't read the words bubbles fast enough, esp when like 5 ppl are talking at once, and when i try to read the chat box it's moving too fast cuz it's throwing in everything everyone in the whole entire area is saying and i can't find the names of the people who are right next to me and it' just, ugh, i don't like it crying if towns is the only place people socialize these days then i'm not going to make many friends.  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:41 am
Little Kadaj

User Image
yeah i know from experience. I've gotten sent so many gifts saying that im copying and that im a p.o.s basically.
I got so upset i stopped cosplaying her a year, and i've always cosplayed on gaia.
I remember those good o days xD but yeah, that could be a reason honestly.

Cosplayer Skylar

Timid Wife

Little Kadaj
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:19 am
His Rinoa
Little Kadaj

User Image
yeah i know from experience. I've gotten sent so many gifts saying that im copying and that im a p.o.s basically.
I got so upset i stopped cosplaying her a year, and i've always cosplayed on gaia.
I remember those good o days xD but yeah, that could be a reason honestly.
did u report them???

it's tough sometimes cuz i guess it's only actually trolling if they call you a name or something, so that's annoying. people put sarcastic stuff in my CB threads and like.... it bothers me, but when u actually read what they say, they aren't calling me names/etc so i don't think they can actually be reported. but i hate when people just put stuff that makes it look like you're being weird/etc without coming out and saying so, like they just put "wtf" as a post and that's all, etc. one person said 'didn't expect this s**t' and liek things liek that are hard to report because they're not directly coming out and saying "you suck, you're stupid" so it's like it's left open to interpretation, and then that leads to "oh i didn't mean it in a bad way you just THOUGHT it was in a bad way" and that is a very sneaky form of abuse, to make the victim think all the abuse is in their head, it's called 'gas lighting' actually.

i'm not sure if people do that on purpose to avoid being reported, or if it's just because most people on gaia are teens who don't know anything about life and they think being sarcastic is funny. a lot of this snarky stuff people say, yeah it isn't partciularly all that bad by itself but when you've heard it a million times and it's all anyone ever says to you, it gets old really fast. that one comment by itself is prolly harmless but people online forget they're not the only people in the world. they're just one of mllions of other snarky sarcastic people saying snarky sarcastic things, just grains of sand piling up.

the only time being sarcastic is funny or appropriate is with people you know well, who know that you're kidding, etc. these silly teenagers dont' know that and just go around joking on with strangers online and dont' understand that total strangers don't know you, they don't know you're kidding, etc. THIS IS IRONIC BUT: kids dont' realize the damage they cause. to them it's just joking, but they're actually ruining other people's lives, even the lives of adults, by goofing aroudn without thinking about what they say or how it looks to other people or how it might hurt someone, etc.

for my sora account i started keeping track of every single person who ever said anything nice to me and putting it on my profile to remind me (and the haters) that not EVERYONE hates my avatar/etc. because for me, i tend to just brush off the compliments but the hateful things will sting forever. so i started forcing myself to remember the good stuff by having it all up in my face every time i look at my own profile, and then i keep no record of the bad stuff so i can eventually forget about them, but i dont let myself forget the nice things.

and i like how ppl come to my pro to bash on me and then see this hugeass list of people who love me and ta-da, YOU are the minority, YOU are the loser, and then ur comment is meaningless. emotion_awesome

but since i came back to gaia, nobody has said anything bad to any of my accounts yet. o3o except the comments in my CB thread where people wouldn't directly come out and say trolly things but just implied we were stupid/etc, although I'm pretty sure now I could have reported one or two of them for what they said and I need to start doing that. in the CB i tend to just impulsively delete posts to get them out of my face, but it doesn't matter because the damage has already been done, and if you don't report people they just keep on going and going . gaia actually says in the TOS that they don't enforce their own rules, they rely on users to report other users. made me pretty mad when i read that!! most people feel like that's 'tattling' and figure it's a mod's job to catch that stuff. that explains why there is so much bullcrap running rampant on gaia and everyone is liek 'well nobody ever got onto me so it must be ok'. people don't realize gaia is a world with no police officers. we all gotta enforce the rules ourselves! emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:56 pm
Little Kadaj
aerith-gainborough

monstrocker

bald-turk-rude

turk-of-shinra

come out & be sociable, ya puffs! heart

rufaus-shinra

I was gonna comment cheeeewww but i thought for a long time that ur comments section was part of ur about section and then eventually realized OMG DAT'S SOME HEAVY RP POSTS RIGHT THAR emotion_awesome n didn't wanna interrupt that & all... NOT THAT WAS I INTIMIDATED OR ANYTHING.

srs tho why everybody set to private these days??? how am i supposed to stalk all the guildies if they're hidin! -drags u all out- COME TO DA DARK SIDE, MAH PRETTIES, AND WE SHALL RULE DA WORLD WITH CHOCOLATE AND SMALL CHILDREN. 4laugh

and so many ppl have comments either friends-only or disabled completely. i saw a cloudy just now with a really cool profile but NERP! COMMENTS DISABLED FOR DIS PROFILE! dramallama sometimes when i feel spiteful i send a PM instead, and sometimes i get NERP! DIS USER NOT ACCEPTIN PM'S. rofl

though to be fair most people who do have comments available dont' respond to me anyway. blaugh

COME OUT HUR U UNSOCIABLE PPL! LET ME LUUUURRRVE YEW!!! it's like ya think i'm gonna brainwash you with black water & make u into mindless puppet servants or something. whee

Which is something I definitely wouldn't dream of doing. ♥

Lol hi! I disabled my profile due to my cringey 2016 theme design. It's open now! The theme is like... simple and dead.  

mon-tann

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200

Little Kadaj
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:08 pm
Monstrocker
Lol hi! I disabled my profile due to my cringey 2016 theme design. It's open now! The theme is like... simple and dead.
SIIIIMMMMPAAALL AND DEAAAD IS DA WAAAY DAT CHU'S MAAAAKIN MEH FEEEEEELLLLLZZZ to-niiiiiittteee~~~ *goes to stalk on it* >u>  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:12 pm
Little Kadaj
Monstrocker
SIIIIMMMMPAAALL AND DEAAAD IS DA WAAAY DAT CHU'S MAAAAKIN MEH FEEEEEELLLLLZZZ to-niiiiiittteee~~~ *goes to stalk on it* >u>

teehee! ( ◞・౪・)

WAZZUP KADAJ HOW'S MOTHER DOING-  

mon-tann

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100

Little Kadaj
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:38 pm
Monstrocker
Little Kadaj
Monstrocker

teehee! ( ◞・౪・)

well rofl my real mother, i still cant find her. and my other mother, she's in a crystal. and aeris is cool, she showed me how to do taht thing she does where she can walk around in the real world and bother people emotion_awesome /ur tifa av is da best ya~  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 pm
Little Kadaj
Monstrocker
Little Kadaj
Monstrocker

teehee! ( ◞・౪・)

well rofl my real mother, i still cant find her. and my other mother, she's in a crystal. and aeris is cool, she showed me how to do taht thing she does where she can walk around in the real world and bother people emotion_awesome /ur tifa av is da best ya~

That's gooddd~ Haunt Rufus!

/thank youuu! I'm so happy! emotion_kirakira  

mon-tann

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100

Little Kadaj
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:19 am
Monstrocker
Little Kadaj
Monstrocker
Little Kadaj
Monstrocker

teehee! ( ◞・౪・)

That's gooddd~ Haunt Rufus!

/thank youuu! I'm so happy! emotion_kirakira

OH HE IS TOTALLY ON MY HAUNT LIST!!
him and his bedsheet! emotion_donotwant
imma go over there and flicker his lights and slam some doors. stare heart  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:15 pm
Well my profile isn't private xD
this is my main profile where I do cosplay avi's, sometimes do RP here and there and just do original avi's x3

So why should I make my profile private anyways? I have nothing to hide so people can randomly message or comment if they wish to.  

Fluffy Floof

Fluffy Kitten

13,450 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Agagaga123

Predestined Master

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:27 am
It can be a letdown honestly. However there is this, and then plain Diva snobbery. :/

I've been one to get all excited for seeing good cosplays and characters around Gaia... I'd be fangirling and trying to talk and be friendly... most of the "elites"? with the compettitive superiority on their heads.......... oh brother. Please. -_-;  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:16 pm
There is also: "MyAssIsLazyAndHasn'tUpdatedProfileIn6438Years" -nod- Which is usually the case with mine.  

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

starlusk

Silent Hunter

30,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Rolling Stone 100
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:55 pm
gotta admit, i get S A D when cool looking people have their theme set to private/friends only.
because it's a clear sign to me that you don't care for overtly friendly people ( strangers ) like me.
I LOVE ADDING PEOPLE WHO ARE INTO THE SAME STUFF, but i get that being a cosplayer
can rouse a lot of issues. but it doesn't help shutting yourself away from everything including the
good. omg that's the leading cause of quitting gaia, feeling alone & bored.

i've seen people with friend requests turned off, comments set to friends only, & a private theme.
LIKE.. BE MY FRIEND, I'LL TREAT YOU RIGHT BBY.

emotion_omnomnom

Displaced Final Fantasy Fans

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces