[PRP] Awkward Harpers (Kyt & Tassiel)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:10 pm

Kyt curled closer to Rath as she paused in her writing to let the ink dry. For the first time in a few candlemarks she looked up and checked her surroundings, using the pause in her work to admire the stretch of beach that the pair had nestled down into. Why not enjoy it properly Kytmine? Stop being so stuffy and let's play! Kyt grinned and leaned back into the green with a contented sigh. But its so nice just to sit here Rathlove. Why can't you be content to simply enjoy the world around you? Rath huffed behind her, the action causing Kyt to fly forward a bit with the force. She laughed lightly and shook her head. Fine, fine. How about a swim then? There's still time for me to dry out a bit after. Rath rumbled in agreement and waited for Kyt to move away before she stood and launched herself into the sky with a beat of her oversized wings. She circled the sky above for some height before diving into the water with a triumphant bugle. Kyt replaced her writing carefully into the waterproof pouch that she always carried with her. Certain that her life's work was safe, she walked to the water's edge and grinned at her oversized green duck. Having fun? You would too if you joined me properly.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:43 pm
Tassiel wasn't sure what had prompted to head to the shore. But there he was, sitting in the sand and scribbling down a verse. It really was beautiful. Were other places on Pern just as beautiful? Having been born into the Weyr, he'd never been further than the hold for Gathers.

He looked up from his poem, a dragon's bugle startling him from his thoughts. A green? Oh, she must have wanted to swim, then. ...and a vaguely familiar figure. Kyt, maybe? Was she one of T'rel's friends? He couldn't remember.

"She seems happy," he said, gesturing out towards the dragon.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:15 pm

Kyt jumped at the voice, actually landing with a splash in the water. She put an hand on her chest reflexively as she tried to suppress her immediate instinct to panic. After a moment of awkward panic she realized that she recognized his face. He was a harper turned candidate about her age, in fact they had stood together a couple of times when she was a candidate. She cast about desperately to recall his name. Tassiel, mine. His name is Tassiel. Thank you love! She let out a small sigh of relief. "She is." She returned to watching Rath with a small smile, keeping an eye on the young candidate. "Would you like to join her? She adores the attention."

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:14 pm
Join...the dragon? Tassiel hesitated for a moment before he stood, brushing off sand and drawing closer to Kyt. "I've never swam with a dragon before, not even Tyalith," he admitted, awkwardly. "You're not going to swim?" He asked.

He sat again, and began removing his boots.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:20 am

Kyt shook her head with a soft smile as she sat down where she stood, wrapping her arms around her knees. "She'll eventually insist that I do. But what she really wants is someone to keep her entertained. And perhaps scratch an itch or two while at it." She watched Rath splash for a bit as the young man sat and removed his boots. "I'd rather not completely wear myself out doing that. I'd like to go back to my writing later. If you help wear her out I might still get the chance." Rath snorted and skimmed the water with her tail, sending a small wave of water to wash over both of them. Are you trying to say I am a burden to you? I could be much more demanding in that case. Kyt chuckled to herself and shook her head as she gave in. What was the harm if she was already soaked anyway? No my heart. I am not saying you are a burden. I just thought you might enjoy a new, more energetic playmate. Kyt began to shed her outermost layer of clothes, throwing them back onto the shoreline to hopefully dry. Rath snorted again and sank down so that she was close to eye level with them from where she bathed. My preferred playmate will always be you. That's why I chose you. You are mine!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:10 pm
"Entertained?" Tassiel blinked. Harpers were good at that, he supposed. T'rel always insisted that dragons enjoyed songs and stories just as much as people did, but he'd never been brave enough to speak to one directly. "I've never...really entertained a dragon before." He began, looking to Kyt awkwardly. "T'rel has Tyalith, but..." Tyalith never seemed to need amusement. That green was forever busy with some such thing.

"Is it an important letter?" He asked. Who was it to?

He waded towards the dragon. "Hi, Rath."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Kyt smiled to herself as she watched Tassiel. Was I like that Rath? So uncertain? Rath dove beneath the water and moved closer to the shore, gently bumping her nose into Tassiel as she answered Kyt's question. Were. And are still. Ask him if he is a singing Harper. Those are my favorite. Kyt sighed and shook her head. Not every Harper sings you know. She turned to Tassiel and smiled softly. "She wants to know if you sing." She fell quiet again for a while, chewing thoughtfully at her lip before joining them both in the deeper water and climbing to Rath's back to scratch at her neck. "Did you go to the Harper Hall? Before this I mean?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:56 pm
Sing? "I'm not as good as my brothers, but I guess." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. No dragon had ever made a request of him. "What would she like to hear?"

Harperhall? He wished. "No, I was trained by the weyrharpers," he admitted. "So I suppose it's not official or anything. But I've always wanted to visit the Hall. T'rel has, but with Tyalith and Thread back I don't know if he'll ever become journeyman."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:58 pm
Kyt frowned as she cast her memory back trying to recall if she had ever crossed paths with T'rel at the Hall. Finally she gave up with a soft sigh at herself. People just weren't her thing and never had been, so her memory of faces was shaky at best. Rath snorted and nosed into Kyt again, bringing her attention to the first question. Your preference? Something cheery. Everyone has been so serious since Thread returned. Kyt shook her head yet again at the tone in Rath's voice. Leave it to the green to be almost happy for Thread. Its what we were born for Kytmine. Wouldn't it be so boring to not have something to do? The woman chuckled as she turned to Tassiel. "She says something cheery, anything really should do." She stayed quiet for a bit to let him think.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:40 am
Something cheery? He didn't suppose they'd heard any of the more playful songs since Thread had come about. Half of the old songs were about Thread. "Alright," he agreed. He took a breath. He had to honor a request from a dragon, even if he didn't think he was the best for the job.

"Let's see... Okay, here's one."

"The little queen, all golden
Flew at the sea.
To keep it back,
To turn it back
She flew forth bravely."

(Yay, the firelizard song! I'm so sorry if this is crummy, lovey. I think I'm coming down with something. ILU!)  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:20 pm
Rath seemed pleased indeed as she closed her eyes at the sound of his voice. Kyt smiled happily as she applauded his performance. "Very lovely. I've always liked that one." She sat quietly for a bit as she watched Rath bask in the cool water and the sunlight. "You know...I think you make a fine Harper. Just so you know."

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games