DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:57 pm
Masterharper

The morning after the flight, G'len woke with a flood of warmth and contentment- followed almost immediately by one of panic. The chemicals in his brain were pleased with his decision. The rest of it, less so. What even happened last night? He'd been through several gold flights since arriving at the Weyr, and they'd never affected him that much before. He would just hole up in the archives with his guitar or some interesting work, and ride it out with relative ease. But that was before madness (whose name was Absinth) had taken up permanent residence in his head.

One gold decided to rise and the whole Weyr went mad- it was glorious! the green cackled, hearing her name enter his thoughts.
Yes, thanks for that love.. he said, sitting up and rubbing his head.

He recalled it was Absinth who drove him to go out in the first place, Absinth who overrode all of his thoughts with 'go oooon' and 'what's the worst that could happen?'. He remembered playing his guitar down in the Lower Caverns. He remembered someone requested a love song, the heated haze of the gold flight already taking effect, and that a rather attractive young candidate had started flirting with him. He was sure he never would have said anything back without his sweet demon green egging him on. Go on. Live a little! She'd say. Love a little! No matter if it doesn't last more than the night. That's tomorrow's problem!

It didn't help that Absinth was due to rise soon herself, adding a prickly impatience to her usual buzz of poor decisions in his head. Between the two of them, it was like feeling blackout drunk for being stone cold sober. But at least it was his own weyr he'd ended up in, with his own dragon near by. He could only imagine how the other party was feeling. He reached out a hand towards the man's shoulder but then hesitated.

"Hi. Morning. Sorry.. That, uh.. This is fairly unlike me." he explained, not sure what to say in this situation. Despite his carefree nature, liaisons with (relative) strangers and one-night stands were not part of his normal behavior.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:06 pm
DruidTigeress

Cahlusi wasn't ready to get up. A voice was speaking to him, talking to him, telling him something about it being morning, some sort of apology. Honestly, he didn't know exactly what was being said, but it was enough to draw the young man out of his dreams and into a more conscious state of being. Sort of.

"Mmph," it was a small grunt, even as he tried to blink away sleep. He didn't know how someone could just wake up and be so alert in the morning. In fact, Cahlusi was still trying to sort out his dreams from reality. Slowly, everything came together; he had been drawn to the Dining Hall for a late night snack, and a harper had come down to play. It had been too tempting, especially when the gold rose. While he had hoped to make a new friend, or perhaps find himself with a new admirer, he hadn't actually thought his flirting would get him anywhere. Thankfully, perhaps with the help of that gold, he'd found himself getting more than just a little admiration; he'd gotten the man, and everything that went along with it.

It had been a good night, a fun night, and Cahlusi was only sorry it had been tinged with the haze of a wild flight.

Now, everything the other said made a bit more sense. Opening his long lashed eyes, Cahlusi gazed at G'len, in no hurry to leave, and not at all shy about being where he was. "No need to apologize, love," He finally spoke, words a bit rough from just waking, though he did offer an easy and kind smile. He called everyone some sort of pet name; love, sweet, doll, handsome, pet, flower, sexy... They came as easy and natural to him as breathing, and G'len was no exception. "I suspect you're not the only one waking up to a surprise bedmate this morning. Though I am sorry to hear you're not often up for a tumble -- you were very fun."

And that was quite the truth!

He'd test the waters, see how the stranger reacted. It wasn't everyday he got to sleep in, and knew that life would return to the usual routine of Candidacy soon enough. For now, though, he did want to make sure -- he was a rider, this was a weyr, wasn't it? Not just a room? -- the poor man wasn't feeling overly frazzled or embarrassed.

"Are you all right?" He finally asked, deciding that maybe it would be better to find out. If the rider was apologizing, maybe that meant he was regretting the whole thing, or worse, feeling used. No matter what the night had brought, he didn't want this harper to feel embarrassed, or ashamed, or worse, left feeling negatively about what happened. They were supposed to part ways feeling good.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:54 pm
Despite waking up in an unfamiliar weyr, the other man seemed to be handling this far better than G'len was. "It's not that I'm not up for it exactly..." he muttered. He never thought of himself as much of a prude before. Still, call him a hopeless romantic of a Harper, but he did usually like to at least know the other person first.

This was probably one of those situations where it would be better off to lie. But the man seemed genuinely concerned and he always found it hard not to give an honest answer to honest question. "Yes. No.. Er, I don't- I don't know. I'm still getting used to all this." he admitted. It's not that he didn't enjoy it. Or that he really minded the idea in principle (even of it wasn't what he was used to). But the sense that he wasn't in control of his own actions rattled him. You would think that he'd be used to it with Absinth around, but even with all of her bad influences, there was never a time that he felt like he wasn't entirely in command of his decisions. Not like last night.

Still...

He leaned back on one arm, letting a warm smile overtake his anxious expression. "It was fun." he agreed, determined to just let this be nice. He could freak out later when he was alone with only Absinth's unsympathetic comfort as company, as she wondered why in the world something like that would bother him. For now, he could just enjoy the moment.

His own small worries aside, it had been quite a good night. "Cahlusi, right?" he said. He remembered that much at least. "Do you want..." he started, but paused mid-sentence. He was about to offer if he wanted to get something to eat, when he noticed a green nose poking through the entrance that separated his sleeping quarters and he trailed off.

Absinth, what are you doing? he asked tiredly, putting a hand over his eyes.
Who did you catch? I want to see! she said, trying to shove her whole face through the door.
People don't catch people. he corrected her. They... Ah, err.. Hmm. What was the right word, he wondered? He looked back at Cahlusi. Maybe he did catch him. But not like dragons. More 'catch' like how you catch a fish. Bait a hook, and then hope... "This is Absinth." he said, waving a hand towards the opening. "I hope you don't mind. She wanted to say hello."

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:20 pm
DruidTigeress

Thankfully for G'len, Cahlusi was a very easy-going individual. He was terribly comfortable in his skin, and wasn't the sort to get overly worked up easily about much of anything -- much less what they'd done the night prior. Any attention was good attention, and waking up in a tangle of limbs and skin was the best way to a great morning. The brown haired man ran fingers through his shaggy hair, pushing a few bangs from his eyes so he could better admire his bedmate.

Mmm. Now there was a nice sight. His gaze wasn't at all shy, and he decidedly liked the Harper all the more. Granted, Cahlusi was a vain creature in his own right, but he could find gorgeousness in anything and anyone. Thankfully, it wasn't difficult to do so with G'len.

While the green rider might not know him well, Cahlusi definitely knew him, at least from a distance. As he'd grown he'd made note of every Harper that set foot in the Weyr, and often found excuses to follow after them like some sort of lost canine. He'd always admired them since his time back in the Hold, and music was one of his true joys. Certainly, the weyrsinger that had more or less adopted him as an apprentice had introduced him to new faces when he could, and Cahlusi all but swooned over each and every one. G'len, though, was new -- or at least newer.

When the stranger tried to explain himself, the young man could only give him a grin. It still surprised him that a dragonrider might not be entirely keen about flights and the lust that could grip them, but he was never one to judge. Not everybody was as easy going about such play as he was, and even then, Cahlusi tended to prefer to put a little more romance in his pursuits than simply a wild time. "I suppose it can be a bit surprising or overwhelming. If I'd known a gold was due to rise I might not have put on double the charm and sooner." Maybe then it would have been less a surprise.

"Cahlusi, yes," he confirmed, giving himself a long, languid stretch. "And you're the Harper G'len, yeah?"

Now the question was how the morning would turn out? He liked the way the man had leaned back and smiled. That was a promising start, if he could just encourage a little relaxation. A bit of breakfast with a side of charm? An attempt to lure him to a bath for a little post-flight massage? A dragon's nose? As G'len's words trailed off, Cahlusi turned to look over at the green creature that tried her best to fit in.

Any disappointment he had at an interrupted moment quickly dissipated at the sight of a dragon. His brown eyes brightened, and his grin took on a more boyish ad mischievous air. "I never mind a party," he confessed, sitting up a bit taller so he could better admire the dragon. For all that he lived in a Weyr, his time close up to dragons was still limited. Many dragons seemed to prefer their own company, or at least weren't the sort to just flop down next to strangers The allure of the creatures had not lost itself upon the young man, even if all he could see was a nose. "Quite rude of me, really, to stumble on in without even giving the good lady so much as a hello." Never mind that all he remembered of the night prior was hands, and lips,and unadulterated lust. He hadn't been thinking about much of anything but G'len.

"Do give her my regards. I'm glad she doesn't seem to mind an unexpected interloper." Cahlusi knew for a fact some dragons were less than happy to share their people.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:12 pm
Masterharper

Ooh! He's pretty. The green said, continuing to force her way through the entrance. Her head could fit, but the rest of her body was clearly too large. She didn’t seem to be letting this discourage her though, and she’d managed to topple a stack of papers and knock over his guitar before G'len made it to the door. At least he had a sister growing up, and was used to this. Absinth often reminded him of her, in fact.

“Remember how we talked about boundaries?” he asked.
No. Absinth replied, honestly.
G'len rolled his eyes, though affectionately. Just give us a minute. he said, putting a hand on her nose to push her head out of the room. He closed the door behind her, making sure it latched this time, before turning back to Cahlusi. "Well, she seems to like you," he paraphrased, going back towards the bed. He set the guitar he’d picked up against the wall and sat back on top of the covers on Cahlusi's side of the bed. "Actually, what she said was 'he pretty'.. I happen to agree." Though he maybe wouldn’t have used those exact words.

"I'm G'len, yes. I don't know if I'm much of a Harper anymore, though I still play sometimes." Clearly, since he’d been playing when they met. In fact, now that he thought about it, that wasn’t the first time he’d seen Cahlusi in the crowd when he was playing in the Lower Caverns. Unless he was imagining things, he was sure he’d seen him watching a few times before. "I’ve seen you around. Are you a harper too?" he asked. He was a little surprised he didn’t know him better, if so. He used to know every Harper in the Weyr, though he’d been somewhat out of touch with that side of things since impressing Absinth. Weyrling training had bled straight into endless drills and threadfall in what seemed like no time at all.

"I was just going to ask if you wanted to get breakfast?" he said, finishing his sentence from before. Now that the initial surprise had worn off, he was very much hoping to make the most of what seemed to be a very pleasant situation. "Or I could bring you something back too, if you’d rather take a bath first."

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:28 pm
DruidTigeress

Cahlusi found the entire situation delightful, and he watched with amusement as the green poked her head in for a visit. He admired her bright color -- unusual in a way -- and could appreciate her healthy sense of curiosity. Really, the gossip in Cahlusi couldn't blame the poor dragon at all! If he were a dragon, he'd want to know who had taken up with his rider, too, or at least get a good look.

As G'len pushed the dragon out, the young man let his eyes drift back over to the harper. Now that was a sight he could happily drink in, and had no reservations about doing so. He wasn't shy when it came to admiring others, and now that he was no longer under Uridith's flightlust and encouragement, he was glad to admire the man freely. A very fine looking rider, on top of being a Harper. Surely, it couldn't get any better than this.

Well. No. It could. And Cahlusi could only hope the man would be agreeble.

"Mm. If you think I'm pretty now, love, just wait until I have a proper bath, some time to clean up, and you on my arm, " he stated cheerfully. And wouldn't that be a pretty scene? The envy of the Weyr, he was certain.
G'len wasn't exactly difficult to look at or admire, and was more than attractive for Cahlusi. "Oh, but I am truly glad you agree with her sentiment," he added with sincere pleasure, not wanting to startle or embarrass the man away. He hadn't forgotten how the morning had begun with a series of apologies, and did want to better get to know the other, or at least put him at proper ease.

"You play beautifully, you know," he complimented with an almost dreamy sigh. Their night had been eventful, but he had thoroughly enjoyed listening to the man. He might have flirted the night prior, but he had genuinely enjoyed listening. "But you don't perform often, do you?" It was almost a pout, though his eye were full of warmth and understanding. He knew how busy everyone's lives had been with Thread's return. High Reaches Weyr always ran a tight ship, but with Thread back, things had to be even more hectic for the riders. "I'm sort of a Harper," he confessed with an easy grin and shrug. "An apprentice, but only in the loosest of terms," he explained. "Weyrsinger Evesya teaches me when she can, but I'm not willing to go to the Hall just yet. I'd rather try my luck as a Candidate, and if I'm a thirty-turn old Apprentice, than so be it." He was young enough yet to not be overly bothered at the prospect of aging out. Probably because, at this point in his life, it seemed well far off. Like many Candidates, he had every belief that he'd find his lifemate sooner or later. There was time for him yet.

With G'len now on the bed next to him, Cahlusi decided to scoot over. "Breakfast sounds appealing," he confessed, reaching over to let a few of his fingers walk up the small of the others back. "And I think we both could use a bit of a bath," he corrected, deciding that having the poor harper pick up food while he lounged wasn't fair. Ah, but he didn't want to press too hard. "Honestly, what I'd really like to do is kiss you again, and drag you back down on this bed. But you've had a bit of a surprising morning as is, between your dear green and my pretty face. How do you usually start off your morning?" He queried, arching a curious, if not somewhat hopeful brow.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:39 pm
Masterharper

G'len sighed. Absinth, thankfully, was going back to her couch, though she continued staring restlessly at the door and invaded his thoughts as always with her 'helpful' suggestions.. which currently comprised mostly of compliments that Absinth, in her extensive knowledge of human males, decided he should give him - Say he has a nice head shape. Ooh! Tell him his hide is unusualy shiny today! I always like it when someone says that to me. (How she came to think he needed dating advice, and from a dragon no less, was beyond him. Perhaps it was a subtle hint that he needed to get out more.. ) In any case, he knew they didn't have forever before she got impatient and came to bother them again. Best enjoy it while it lasted, then.

He put a hand on the bed beside Cahlusi, leaning more towards him with a light smile. "Sounds delightful." he said, rather taken with the man's confidence. Though self-assured and hardly shy, that kind of charisma was something G'len had always lacked, which he admired in others. He never liked to be the center of attention, but he didn’t like to be too far from it either. Just off to the side was where you usually found him, and more than willing to be dragged into things. "If you ever want me to play, just say the word. I can never say no to a pretty face." Or anyone at all, for that matter. But never mind that.

Evesya.. he thought, trying to remember when they'd last spoken. Did she mention something about it? Then again, when was that exactly? It couldn't have been before the hatching, surely he must have seen her since.. Nearly two turns now? Shells, he really was out of it. "Well, there's nothing wrong with that- I'm only really a Harper in the 'loosest of terms' myself," he said, with a casual shrug. He would play whenever someone asked him to, or whenever the mood struck (which, admittedly, was a lot less often now that he was spending most of his time in drills) but he hadn’t practiced the craft seriously since becoming a rider. Maybe that would be different if thread wasn't falling. He certainly never pegged himself as a 'rank and file' type. But between practicing for falls and putting out the fires Absinth had a tendency to start (both metaphorical and literal- he told her not to practice flaming that close to the tree line), who had time for a secondary craft? "I'm glad you liked it though." he said with a genuine smile. "But you’re right, I don't play nearly as much as I ought to." He lifted his shoulders sanguinely. It didn't bother him much. He was pretty happy just doing what he was doing. Music would always be his passion, but it didn't need to be his career.

G'len smiled fondly for minute, thinking about his own impression. "As someone who's never been a candidate, I suppose I have no right to say.. But I think it's probably worth the wait." he agreed. "The Hall will always be there." He shrugged. "I'd love to hear you play sometime though." he added with a warm smile. He welcomed the man moving closer, and scooted another inch or two towards him as well. He was a surprised (though not in a bad way) when Cahlusi reached out to rekindle the physical touch between them. Surprising morning indeed.. "It's true, I don't normally wake up with such good-looking men in bed beside me." he said, looking at him through his bangs.

"Well, if that's where your mind is.." he said with a smile. The backs of his fingers grazed across Chalusi's cheek before running them through his hair as he moved to kiss him, only too happy to oblige. The bath would have to wait..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:25 pm
DruidTigeress
Ok so. I suppose I should apologize. Cahlusi is not shy. Nope. But he's more than willing to slow down, stop, whatever, depending on G'len's comfort. Feel free to pose as needed, or skip over things, haha.

Cahlusi was pleased that the green rider was beginning to loosen up. The smiles that crossed G'len's features were charming, and the Candidate was more and more pleased by yesterdays turn of events. He knew he'd eventually need to go back to the Barracks and let life go back into its usual routine, but he hoped that maybe, just maybe, he'd have an excuse to seek this rider out again.

It would be terribly romantic, wouldn't it? And Cahlusi did have a weakness for Harpers. For now, though, he would just enjoy the moment, to see what might come of it.

"Mmm," he almost purred. "I don't think you know what you're allowing," he grinned, his eyes sparkling with humor and mischief. ""Promises, promises, but no taking it back. If you've a weakness for a pretty face, then I'll be sure to look my very best when next we meet." And that was a promise. Thankfully, Cahlusi rarely looked unkempt or disheveled, unless it were moments like these. Like his mother and sister, he was a fastidious man, and enjoyed luxuriating in baths, fine clothing, oils, and lotions. He was a bit of a vain creature, but it couldn't be helped, so it was no extra burden on him to doll up just for G'len.

"I think you're quite right," he agreed. "Though I remember your Impression quite well!" And he beamed at the other, laughter on the tip of his tongue. "Stand's Impressions are always a memorable, if bittersweet, moment for us Candidates. Especially when you're left behind." There was no malice in his words, to be sure. Cahlusi was too good-natured, and he did find the entire affair amusing. "The dragons know best, and I can definitely see the allure in choosing a Harper -- your Absinth has the finest taste, you know," A little flirtation nicely mixed with sincerity. "But it is a little disheartening in the heat of the moment. Have you adjusted well to being a rider?" He asked, not at all afraid to poke and pry into another's affair. He'd lived much of his life at the Weyr, and had grown up desiring the opportunity to stand for Impression, just like his mother. What was it like to suddenly find a dragon in your lap? Heck, Cahlusi wished he could ask what it had been like to Impress Absinth, but decided to hold his tongue. Nobody could ever quite explain it, and it was such an intimate experience, even Cahlusi felt it too bold a query.

Besides, there were other things he wanted to do besides talk, especially with such a deliciously rugged looking man.

"Well tell you what," he suggested. "You play for me, I'll play for you, hmm? Maybe we can compare notes." He let his hands wander a bit more boldly up the others back. Gosh, but this was definitely turning out better than expected. He'd been worried by the others apology earlier, but was more than glad that the Harper seemed to be warming up to his ideas.

Excellent.

"The fact that you don't have a lineup of men trying to get into your bed shocks me. If I'm such a rarity, than maybe you can relish the moment." So it was, he only too happily kissed the other. His arms slipped about him, and he made sure to pull him back down onto that bad. Yes, this was much, much better. He was going to appreciate this other on his terms, though he would let things develop a they might. Clearly, G'len had enjoyed their night together -- maybe he'd want to enjoy the morning, too?

Masterharper
Vice Captain

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:04 pm
Masterharper
Our characters will never get to be together. Nope. Not ever xD If it's not storms, it's dragons..

(PS. Up to you how far they got/how mortified G'len is that Absinth barged in on them)

"I was kidding- you don't have to." he said. Not that he much minded the idea, but it seemed awfully selfish to expect Cahlusi to go to any effort for him when he'd just as soon play for anyone who asked. "Just say the word." he promised. No take backs. "My harp is yours to command." he added, with a sly spark to his eyes.

"Mmm." G'len nodded, a note of concern entering the otherwise pleasant memories about the hatching. He'd always felt a little awkward around candidates on that account, he wondered that more of them didn't hold it against him. He felt sometimes as if he'd stolen one of their precious hatchlings away. He was sure some riders must feel that way as well. They were supposed to get a trained and ready candidate, not some random Harper.
Ha. I stole you more like. Absinth said, seemingly delighted with her choice, and the fact that it has caused such a ruckus. How dramatic. she practically purred. It was perfect. Of course, she would have wanted him even if he was just a regular a candidate, but she did like to make a big entrance.

"I've adjusted..." he paused a moment, thinking about it, then continued, "Well, I'm adjusting at least." he said, with a short laugh. There was a lot to learn outside his Archive rooms, and the drills and the dragoncare were nothing compared to the multiple unspoken tenants of Weyr culture that he was still trying to catch up on. Clearly, gold flight etiquette was on that list.

"Sounds perfect." he agreed, leaning more towards the other man. Cahlusi seemed to have a very interesting image of him, which he supposed he could only take as a compliment. He was comfortable with romance, less so with short flings or spontaneous love affairs. "If every man and woman I've been with was waiting outside my door. I'm still not sure it would constitute a line." he laughed, poking fun at himself. Though now he was curious at what Cahlusi's experience was. Regardless, the man gave some very good advice, as 'relish the moment' seemed like just the thing to do.

He fell back onto the bed with Chalusi, arms wrapping around him, kissing him back. Yes. He had every intention of heeding that advice.

Just as they were starting to get into it, there was a sudden knock like a battering ram on his bedroom door...

"Absinth, we're a little busy!" he shouted over his shoulder, with only the vaguest hint of frustration evident in his voice.
You said a minute. It's been a minute. Where are you?
I was being metaphorical!
I don't know what that means.
It means- Just- wait. he sighed, already realizing that he was going to lose this battle.

You said a minute and its been a minute. she said with a little more pout in her voice. G'len sighed heavily, resting his head against the bed furs. Maybe if he closed his eyes, this would all just resolve itself... Yeah, nice try. "Sorry." he muttered softly after a moment, sitting up in his knees. He was just about to get out of bed when another powerful headbutt nearly sent the door off its hinges, breaking the latch and causing it to burst open.

Found you! she cheered, delighted. She was still young, just recently graduated, so a little youthful clinginess remained. She still hadn't really expanded her social circle beyond G'len, nor (given his indulgent nature) was she used to being apart from him for any great length of time. Now that he thought about it, this was the first time he'd been with someone since graduating from weyrlinghood, so it was new territory for both of them.

Yes. Hello, love. What do you need? he said with a patience only parents and dragonriders could ever muster.
Nothing. Just leave the door open. she said, but with a dangerously eager note to her voice.
He turned to Cahlusi with a sigh. "She just likes to be within sight. She's normally not this demanding." he tried to explain. But, sure enough, the second he turned his back, the deafening scrape of claw against stone filled the room.

Absinth... he started tiredly, already seeing what she was trying to do before he turned around. The clawing continued as the green turned her shoulders this way and that, head and neck already through the door. Absinth, you don't fit.

Never one to let rational arguments stop her, the green twisted her shoulders even further so she was nearly sideways as she tried to scramble through the doorway. Despite his insistences, with another lithe turn of her wing, she was able to get the rest of her shoulder through the door, scratching up his shelves with one clawed foot as she did. Once the that was done, it only took some careful folding of her wings before he practically fell through the entryway. Dragging herself up, she bunched up on one side of the room (knocking the bed heavily as she did and causing G'len to topple over onto Chalusi) as the rest of her legs and tail managed to curl inside the door.

The large green crowded the room, which was basically now just bed and dragon. Her massive form consumed the remaining space. Absinth lay down inside the room (she couldn't stand or sit given the low ceiling), rumbling contentedly. There. Carry on. she said to them both, resting her head down on folded legs, eyes whirring a much more pleasant color now. She didn't often talk to those beside her rider, despite her friendly nature, but she appreciated that she had been interrupting him as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:52 pm
DruidTigeress

Cahlusi already was making plans on future follow up with the Harper. G'len and he had to be about the same age, and this was a perfect opportunity to strike up a new friendship... or maybe something more? As if Cahlusi was in need of more lovers. Ah, but the man couldn't help but be a bit of a romantic, and even if things didn't work out for long, they could at least have some fun, right?

And fun was exactly what he was going to get!

The next small while flew by in a blurr. Cahlusi was in bliss, and things were really starting to pick up when a hard knock. Ah, but maybe it was just a momentary distraction. Perhaps if he could just draw G'len back down to a kiss... Nope. The dragonrider seemed world's away, which Cahlusi knew to be a sign of the riders communicating with their bonded. Oh, but he he hoped that maybe, just maybe, things wouldn't have to--

Er.

Damn. The sigh G'len heaved caused Cahlusi to sigh himself. "No, it's all right." He assured, letting his sigh turn into his usual laid back smile. He understood that dragons came first, and he did not want to be the cause of dragon tantrum. He didn't know what was upsetting the other, and if he had to go, well, then he would... grudgingly enough. Besides, if he were affable, maybe G'len would be willing to get back to where they'd left off! "If she needs--" But that was as far as he could go when the door quite suddenly burst open.

He watched in both shock and amusement as the green dragon forced her way in. It happened faster than he would have expected -- while he knew greens were the smallest dragons (besides whites), he never would have guessted one could fit her way through the entrance to a weyr. He gave a grunt when the bed got shoved, though his smile broadened when he found G'len back in his arms. Well... Maybe this wasn't all bad.

He looped his arms loosely around the others waist, deciding the he might as well encourage the rider to make himself comfortable. When the green dragon finally gave her permission to continue, he couldn't help but chuckle. "Well, isn't this cozy?"

Honestly, Cahlusi wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. As badly as he wanted to continue things, the mood was entirely skewed. He was an easy going man, but even Cahlusi felt this a little too awkward. Sadly, his clothes were somewhere in the room -- and probably now covered by dragon-- and he wasn't sure he could even get to the door. "How clever of you to get through the door. I never would have guessed a dragon cold fit!" His compliment was as sincere as it was incredulous. He'd thought he'd seen everything in the Weyr... but this took the cake.

"You know, I always wanted to see a dragon up close, but I never actually imagined it happening this way," he confided to G'len with a grin.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:51 pm
Masterharper

"Heh. Sorry." he muttered when the bed jolting to the side threw him back into Cahlusi's arms. He steadied himself with a hand against the man's arm and for a moment, the same besotted smile came back onto his face, as though for a second he'd forgotten what else was going on. The next few bangs and scrapes took care of that quickly enough. Sighing, he rolled to the side of Cahlusi, sitting up next to him instead.

Absinth, meanwhile, continued to settle into the small room, blissfully unaware of the disturbance she had caused them. Since it seemed like they weren't going to continue their strange mating flight, she was only too willing to take the opportunity and grab some more attention for herself. Scooting a little bit closer to the bed, she reached out her neck and laid her head down across both of their laps. Cozy. she echoed, warmly.

Though a part of him felt like crawling into a hole, mortified, for the most part, G'len could only laugh. Try as he might, he could never really be angry with Absinth. It was good Cahlusi seemed to be taking it so well, though. He would have felt awfully if he thought he'd upset their guest. He gave him a look as he offered his bemused praise, impressed by his ability to be so positive under the circumstances. "You're too nice." he said, shaking his head and laughing, though Absinth was thrilled by his assessment.
Really! I think so too. she crooned proudly, though only to G'len this time.
"I don't think anyone would have guessed at something like that." G'len joked back.

He gave a short laugh when Cahlusi confessed to wanting to see a dragon close up. Well, he had certainly gotten his wish! He didn't know how long it would be before she got bored and went to do something else, but at least for now, they appeared to be confined to the room. "Well, take all the time you like, because I'm pretty sure we're both stuck in here." he joked. "Hang on-"Absinth? he said, to get her attention. The green lifted her head. "Do you have any idea how you're going to get out of here again?"
Nope!
"Yeah. Definitely stuck." he said, turning back to Cahlusi. Shells, he hoped he wasn't claustrophobic or anything.. he suddenly fretted.

Sensing her rider's worries, Absinth pulled her head back a little so she could look at him. Does he want to leave now? she asked, turning her big yellow-flecked eyes up at G'len.
I don't know, but I wouldn't blame him if he does.
Why?
We're not exactly making a good first impression, love. he said putting his hands on either side of the green's head.

Yellow swirled with blue in her eyes as she thought about that. I'll make a good impression! she said confidently. If he wants to get a closer look, I don't mind. Moving her head over again, she nuzzled Cahlusi's stomach affectionately Nooo! Don't leave! she crooned to him playfully, like a child who wanted to stay another hour by the sea.

"Sorry about all this." G'len sighed again, though he did so with a laugh as well now. He knew his apologies must be getting old, but what else could you say when your dragon decided to (literally!) shove their nose into your bedroom? "Next time I promise I'll make sure she has something to distract her first." he said without thinking, taking for granted that there would even be a 'next time'.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:05 am
DruidTigeress

Cahlusi was a very easy going individual. Honestly, he would have been surprised at G'len's worries -- it wasn't the riders fault that his green wanted to force her way in. Sure, it interrupted a morning's romp, but maybe, just maybe, it would ensure a second night of fun. Furthermore, he was in no rush. Yes, he likely had lessons and duties to attend, but he'd been a Candidate long enough to know that the morning's after a gold flight tended to be a bit slow to start. He had time yet, and he was going to enjoy every moment of it.

Honestly, he was fascinated with the green. She was a beautiful and bright shade, one of the brightest dragons he'd ever seen! His grin only broadened when the lady nuzzled his stomach, and crooned at him. Her voice startled him, as it was rare for dragons to speak to those outside their riders, but he couldn't resist reaching out to stroke her cheeks and eye ridges. "No need to apologize," he happily assured. "I'm in no rush to get back to the Barracks, and as you say, it looks like we're stuck for a while. Might as well make ourselves comfortable." And while it probably wouldn't be as cozy as he had intended to make himself before Absinth forced her way in, he also wasn't going to entirely neglect his new bedmate.

Leave it to Cahlusi to want to take full advantage of any situation given him.

For now he'd appreciate having a close up look at a very amicable dragon. "Next time... Mmm," he almost purred in delight at the prospect. "I like the sound of that. Besides, I certainly wouldn't mind another excuse to visit. Not that I don't appreciate you here," he added directly to Absinth. She was a sweet green, for all that her presence might be a bit of a mood killer. But even Cahlusi couldn't begrudge her such a thing. She was sweet, and he'd get a second go of it one way or another. If not today than later, and that was more than alright by him.

"So, G'len," and this time he did purr his name. "Where did you come from before Impressing this lovely lady?" And if he let his arm slip back around the other, well, that was just Cahlusi's style. As if he could keep his hands off a good looking man that had, only moments ago, been entirely willing to fall back to bed with him.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:00 pm
Masterharper

Glancing back at the dragon-barricaded door, G'len quirked an eye at their predicament. He was just lucky he didn't have any early morning drills that day. Fortunately, Cahlusi seemed to be in no great hurry either, so ultimately, G'len leaned back in his bed, deciding they could leave the issue of how they were getting out of here again for a little later on. He stretched his arm along the backboard of the bed, letting it rest across Cahlusi's shoulder. He wasn't trying to be suave or pull a move, it was just a more comfortable position. He wasn't used to sharing his bed with someone, and had never thought to ask for a larger one before. Not that it was uncomfortably tight. Just.. cozy. As Absinth had said.

I like this one, you should keep him. the green purred to her rider, her eyes lulling shut like feline's as the young man stroked her cheeks and eye ridges. She had never been much of a holdout when it came to doling out her affection. G'len just chuckled silently.
I'll do my best.

"I doubt you would've heard of it." G'len laughed in response to Cahlusi's question. "If 'Nowhere' was a place, that'd be where I was from. Just a small cothold in the middle of a forest. I'm not even sure it has a name.. But I lived in Southern before I left to study at the Harper Hall." he explained. "Though that was some turns ago." He'd been hoping to return home for a visit once he and Absinth had graduated, but with thread's return, it had been a whirlwind of drills and training since. Still, he really ought to make the trip...

"What about you?" he asked. "If I was a betting man, I'd guess Weyrborn." He wasn't sure why. Just something about his easy confidence, perhaps, that made him think that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:09 pm
DruidTigeress

Cahlusi listened to the other, even as he took advantage of Absinth's close proximity. While his morning hadn't turned out exactly as he'd hoped, it wasn't everyday a green pushed her way into the room and demanded some attention. He'd spent the night previous with her rider -- surely she deserved a little care, too.

"A Southern man, eh? How exotic," he teased with a cheeky grin. "And a Harper on top of it. You're a long way from home up here in the mountains. How have you enjoyed yourself in these peaks?" The mountains weren't always hospitable, and Cahlusi couldn't imagine how different it might be from Southern. He'd never been so far south, but he'd heard stories, and seen pictures and paintings.

"Close, but I'm not entirely weyrbred," he confessed with a shrug and a little grin. "I like to say I am, but..." He trailed off, thinking back of his childhood, his time before his mother stole him and his sister to the Weyr. The memories weren't particularly fond, or happy, and ones he tried to keep firmly buried. "I actually grew up outside of Crom, in a too-little-to-be-named mining Hold. I lived there until I was six, don't remember too much about it, and if I have my way I'll never have to go back." His nose crinkled for a moment, before his usual good humor returned and washed any distaste of that place away. "I much prefer it here, though, and think I fit the Weyr culture better than some who are natives. What do you think?" And if his hand moved down from Absinth to give the green rider's leg a little caress, well . . . it was Cahlusi. And he was known to be a bit hands-on.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces