Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Is this some kind of joke? (Kellan x Shinnikan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:48 am

Mm. Kellan was warm, cocooned in a nest of blankets, a furnace to his back. His drowsy thoughts meandered, wandering back to... something. A vague recollection tugged at his memory, asserting itself for Kellan's inspection and perusal. Hands. Lips. ... A distinct lack of clothes. What? A fantasy, a memory of a tryst? Something he'd made up? What he had forgotten his memory helpfully filled in, and he sat up with a start. The furnace was a man! A very particular man, in whose bed he was currently lounging.

He glared, staring at the slumbering form in accusation. Surely, although they had both been embroiled in the passion of a Gold Flight, it was entirely this man's fault. Oh, he was angry that he'd let himself get carried away. Let himself get consumed by... by this. This man belonged nowhere near him, although they were roommates. They had nothing in common. Nothing that, short of a Flight, would have brought them anywhere close together. "Shinnikan..." he growled, giving that limp form a truly baleful glare.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:20 pm
Fated Fable

Someone stirred, causing the bed to move, and warmth to be replaced by cooler air. That was the first thing to pull Shinnikan out of blissful dreams. The next thing was the voice. "Shinnikan." Yeah, that was no longer his dream, and any attempt to cling to sleep immediately dissipated.

The young man opened his eyes wearily, finding himself staring at what looked to be another's side. Someone who had clearly been lying next to him; someone he had an arm loosely wrapped around. He blinked again, as the night's passions soon came back to him.

While he was no stranger to a good night, he knew he was still in the Barracks; so why was he naked? And why was - - oh. OH! Immediately, he remembered who he had fallen together with in the heat of the moment. Hands, lips, torn clothes, and a struggle to return to their room. Honestly, Shinnikan didn't know what came over him. Sure, there was a gold, but shouldn't he have somehow controlled himself? Shouldn't he have at least had the decency to find someone else?

Immediately, he pulled his arm away, and almost pushed himself back against the edge of the bed. His brows knit, and any good feelings he had been having quick went sour. Of all the people to knock boots with, Kellan was not someone he'd ever, ever invite to his bed. And yet, he had been unable to keep his hands off him, just the night before.

"Kellan." His own reply was flat, and he sat up, keeping the blankets well over his hips. He wasn't necessarily a modest man, but he suddenly felt a bit shy around the cheat of a man. Honestly, he couldn't believe that it was Kellan. Certainly, this was some trick, some game, some joke. He remembered hands, and kisses and -- no. He wasn't going to remember anything, or think about it. It was a flight and now the Bitran could get out of his bed.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:45 pm

That was ... Not actually how Kellan had imagined this going. Not that he'd helped things. But somehow, he hadn't pictured falling into bed with the seacrafter going quite so badly. In truth they had quite the night of it, before they both remembered themselves. Disgusted with himself, he glared. Refusing to admit of course that he'd had anything to do with this, that he might spend the rest of the day thinking of what had occurred, even just in moments of distraction. He just... What did this prig know of him? What, did he think that Kellan had gone out of his way to seek out Shinnikan just so that he could spend the morning being judged for breathing?

No, he was not at all interested in being the subject of the other's scorn. And yet, here they sat. Kellan still with the memory of Shinnikan's eager lips against his own, and Shinnikan already preparing to oust him from his bed. Well, it was not as though the man could kick him out completely. They were roommates, whether or not either of them cared for it. He sat naked on the man's bed, an eyebrow arched high. "I never pegged you for the modest type." And yet here the man was, practically dragging the blankets up to his chin!

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:32 pm
Fated Fable

Shinnikan liked to think he got along swimmingly with most people. Unfortunately, Kellan wasn't one of them. To have the other man glaring at him, like this was somehow his fault, irritated him. The red-head had always come off a bit like a snob, and now here he was, staring down his nose at him. He had tried to wear a neutral expression, but instead felt his lips turn into a frown.

While he hadn't known quite what to say, the other Candidate's response had him all but bristling. His frown turned into a scowl, and he matched Kellan's glare with one his own. "And I never pegged you as a moaner. Looks like the world's full of surprises." He all but spat the words, angry, irritable, confused, and frustrated. This wasn't how he wanted the morning to go. This wasn't how he wanted this scenario to go.

If Shinnikan thought too much about what they did, about what he remembered, he had enjoyed the others company. And yet, he could hardly stand him now that they were face-to-face and quite awake.

Honestly, he didn't know what to do. Kellan was one of his roommates, and while he was grateful the other two boys were missing, he knew they could return any moment. He wanted to oust the other off his bed immediately, but hesitated. Maybe, a small part of him reasoned, they could just start over. Or somehow not make the rest of his time as a Candidate awkward. Getting a new roomie wasn't much allowed, as any one of them could wind up as weyrlings together. Personal difficulties were meant to be figured out, and there was no way Shinnikan was going to let someone else take care of his problems.

He'd deal with Kellan one way or another.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:40 pm

Oh, so now Shinnikan was going to drag out things from the night before? Well, it's not as though he was without ammunition. "A moaner, am I? And who was it crooning my name so sweetly last night?" he inquired through gritted teeth. How dare he? How dare he bring up something like that as a clear barb? It wasn't as though it had been a bad time for the seacrafter, no doubt! He hadn't heard any complaints and he didn't think he would have been likely to! "Frankly I'm surprised you knew the basics," he hissed. Drat the man. Shards and shells, but he was obnoxious. Truly irritating. There was just something about his holier than thou attitude that got under Kellan's skin, and he was not ready to just roll over and let the man disparage him in this way.

His arms crossed over his bare chest, he glared. How was it that someone could be so... so...

So sharding nice in a moment of passion, and yet be such an a** all the rest of the time? He laid the blame squarely at the Gold dragon's feet, for surely that had been a lie, too. Drat him. Just when he'd started thinking not so poorly of his roommate he learned all too quickly that he was exactly what Kellan had thought. What a b*****d. He couldn't stand him, and honestly he didn't know what he'd been thinking. Surely he couldn't have been that desperate.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:05 pm
Fated Fable

Shinnikan honestly couldn't believe that this was who he'd spent the night with. Of all the people in High Reaches he had to have picked Kellan. He didn't trust the red-haired Bitran -- he reminded him too much of some sort of land shark. While he at least wasn't a pirate, he was someone who had been born to cheat others out of their marks. He didn't care what sort of spin Kellan put on it.

Gritting his teeth, he pushed himself closer to the wall and glared. "If you're that shocked by my skill you certainly don't look it this morning. What were you doing lingering in my cot anyway, huh? Your bed is empty enough. Hoping for a second go of it?" He glowered at the other, hoping Kellan got the hint to bugger off. What could have been a nice morning had to start with glares and growls. During the heat of the moment it certainly had been a nice time -- but now? Now he just wanted Kellan to leave him alone.

Honestly, Shinnikan didn't know why the other got under his skin. It wasn't as if Kellan was a bad person outright. He wasn't a bully, as far as he could tell, and he certainly wasn't a pirate. But there was something about his attitude that grated on the other, and he didn't know if he should try to get to know the other, or just write him off completely. Faranth help him, this was going to make sharing a room with him all but unbearable.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:35 pm

"If I recall correctly, you're the one who pulled me into your bed, not the other way around," Kellan said with some agitation. It bothered him that Shinnikan was playing it off like he was the one, the only one, who had instigated this! When in reality, they'd both fell into each other's arms. Practically collided, at that. "Is it really so hard to believe that I might have been tired?" After the night they'd had, surely that wasn't a stretch. Not to mention that all of their cots looked virtually identical. "Besides, it's cold." Could he be blamed for wanting to hold onto the warmth a little longer?

What an a**. Kellan didn't know what he'd done to earn Shinnikan's dislike, but it was clear that the other hated him. Well, that was fine. He loathed him too. What could have been a wonderful morning with anyone else was something far less satisfying with him. "And if I was hoping for a second go I wouldn't just wait for it." Bright Faranth, did the seacrafter think that he was that desperate? That he'd have to wait around on his approval? No sir. If he had wanted Shinnikan again, he would have gotten him. No question of that.

Suddenly conscious that he was probably not looking at his absolute best, he raked a hand through his hair, trying rather unsuccessfully to restore some semblance of order to it. The tousled look might work for some people, but in his own opinion Kellan wasn't one of them. "You weren't exactly pushing me away, either," he added, a reminder of the arm that had been looped about his waist.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:12 am
Fated Fable

Shinnikan turned his glare from Kellan to the wall as the red-head laid down his points. Valid points at that, which upset the Candidate more than he cared to admit. His cheeks flushed the slightest bit pink, and he felt his ears burn. Now that he was getting his bearings, he could remember and think back about the night and feelings he'd possessed. Strange, really, because he was quite certain he hated the pompous red-haired Bitran, and yet, the crumpled sheets, their scattered clothes, and some interesting bite marks were proof of something else.

Maybe hate was too strong a word.

Ah, but it was a gold flight, and a passionate one at that. Surely, that had at least a little to do with what happened, if not a lot. Or the whole thing. So it was, he went thin lipped, and decided to say nothing. He didn't know why Kellan so easily needled him -- he usually was easy-going and fairly congenial. And yet, something about the other just-- he didn't even know what the Bitran did to aggravate him.

"All right, all right," he finally relented, giving in to the inevitable and flopping down on his back. He kept his gaze averted from the other, or tried to. He did sneak a glance over as the other boy ran fingers through his hair, and bit back a snort of laughter. With the way the others hair was tousled, there was no way it was going to look good without a bath. "Do what you want. I suppose we got off on the wrong foot, and not just this morning." That was true enough.

Now that he was lying down, he could find some good qualities in Kellan. Or at least some fine views of his back and shoulders. "I think we just need to clear the air, start over or something. If we're stuck roomin' together, I'd rather the hostilities end." And no, he wasn't trying to accuse Kellan as being the source. Shinnikan knew he had a bias against cheats, and had dubbed the Bitran one from the start.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:27 am

Something about the young seacrafter's phrasing brought Kellan up short, and stilled his tongue from letting loose with the usual biting remarks. He was... surprised. Genuinely surprised that Shinnikan had acknowledged his points. Further surprised that the Candidate wanted to start over. ... Which, come to think of it, suited him just fine. He could hardly believe what he was hearing. Yet somehow the idea of getting a fresh start was appealing. Perhaps because of their continued misunderstandings, or perhaps because the previous night had been quite eventful. He wasn't likely to forget it, not by a long shot. Unexpected as it was, it wasn't an unpleasant memory.

So, mind made up, he flopped down on the bed next to Shinnikan. "All right, well. If we're starting over, my name's Kellan. I like runners, jewelry, dragons, and cute boys. You?" It was as good of a start as any, and if Shinnikan missed who the boy in question was, he simply wasn't paying attention. Now that he'd decided to make up with him, he was going to let bygones be bygones... at least until the other behaved poorly.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:25 pm
Fated Fable

Shinnikan moved over when the other settled back on his bad, giving Kellan a little space. He wasn't sure how the other would respond, but having him settle back more comfortably in his bed was a good start. They were strangers, for all that they'd been roomed together with Chayrel and Fehral. A glance up confirmed that neither Candidate was in their bed. Maybe they had an early morning or had found some fun all their own? Either way, he was glad that the room was private. Soon enough, they'd all be back to being bunkmates.

"Good to meet you then, Kellan," he replied cordially. While he didn't know how they would be starting over, he did find the boy's choice of admittance amusing, and a smile played at his lips. While he still didn't really trust the violet-eyed Bitran, he felt some of the mornings stress slowly release. Maybe this wouldn't be such a bad morning after all.

"I'm Shinnikan. I like the ocean, sailing, dragons, warm beds, and cute boys." He felt ridiculous listing things out, which only caused his smile to widen. Honestly, he wasn't sure what to say or do now that they weren't snarling or arguing at one another. "Look at that. Two things in common -- clearly we're destined to be best mates now." It wasn't sarcasm, but he was poking fun at their strained situation. Maybe he had been too harsh in his initial judgment. Maybe. He wanted to see where cards fell on Kellan's like list, but refrained. He doubted that would go over very well.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Rolling over slightly so that he could rest his head on the palm of his hand and gaze at Shinnikan, Kellan gave a little laugh. "Good to meet you, Shinnikan." Mm. Kellan did like cute boys, and come to think of it, a certain boy was very cute. "Oh, clearly. We could hardly escape such a destiny even if we tried, with so many things in common." He really, really wanted to cuddle up against him, as he'd been warm and comfortable, but he decided to stay put for the time being. "I've never been sailing. Not even on a lake. Not much call for it when you don't have any water to sail on. And where I grew up we never went to the coast." Not to mention that Kellan didn't... exactly know how to swim. Seemed like a bad idea to go sailing without knowing that.

He stretched out, making himself utterly comfortable on that bed. "Mm. I think I remember someone saying something about seconds, earlier. You could at least come warm me up. It's dreadfully cold." He didn't want to move, but he did want to get more cozy. Maybe he had better go cuddle up to Shinnikan after all... or maybe he'd just wait to see what Shinnikan did. "Anyway. I like warm beds too."

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:25 pm
Fated Fable

Shinnikan still wasn't entirely sure about Kellan, but he was trying not to simply assume everything that the Bitran said was lies. He didn't know he other, and it wasn't good to assume the worst of others. It could have been worse, after all -- at least Kellan wasn't associated with pirates. While he didn't approve of conning others out of their money, and he still didn't entirely believe Kellan wasn't a thief -- he at least didn't go out of his way to sink or steal ships and their bounties. He knew of some nasty ships out there that wouldn't hesitate to kill an entire crew and their passengers just for a new vessel or booty.

"Fair enough. I know not everybody's lucky enough to be born by the sea." He gave a small shrug, though his thoughts did pull away from Kellan to think back of his sea hold. It was demolished, along with most his family, and there wasn't any reason to go back. The Weyr was his residence now, and while the mountains had their own sort of appeal, he couldn't say the place was home. Not really. His brother was there, but the air was different. He was far from the sea, and while he could get there via dragon back, and the mountains held a spectacular view, he still yearned to be out on the water.
"Who knows though? Maybe someday you'll get the chance to go. Have ever been to the ocean or any of the port towns? Some of 'em make the Weyr look tame and dull in comparison." Though, he remembered too late, Kellan was from Bitra and likely knew a thing or two about that.

The boy's eyes watched as the red head made himself comfortable. He hesitated at the invitation -- not because he didn't find Kellan interesting or attractive, but he still wasn't sure what this was. They were strangers, roomies, and only barely on speaking terms with one another. But, it was cold, and he was trying to be nice, wasn't he? So he rolled to his side, and let his arms slip about the other. It was a little more awkward than it had been that night, but not unpleasant. Maybe he was just thinking too much.

"Better?" He asked, letting himself relax into the contact.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces