Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:08 pm
Quote:
Frendo was a good kid. Really he was, but there were these pretty little flowers called datura that gave a troll who ingested them rather strong delirium , and he really wanted to add them to his garden! So, as the night crawled on, the little orangeblood and his lusus travelled out to the park. Thankfully the flowers he wanted were far off the path, and thus when he started digging them up, he wouldn't get caught. Because, yeah, it probably wasn't exactly legal to be taking plants from the city park...but what someone didn't know wouldn't hurt them right?

After winding through the trees at a casual pace, Frendo came upon the little patch of datura, and clapped his hands happily and pulled the tank pack(an old aquarium strapped to his back with rope and filled with dirt) off his back and gently set it down beside him. Laughdads took watch just behind him, ready to warn their charge if a troll came upon them.

Frendo hummed as he started pawing at the earth, though a frown slowly covered his face as he realized how hard the ground was. Ah, stupid Frendo, he thought and nibbled his lip. It hadn't rained in DAYS and the ground was not pliable at all. He should have brought a trowel with him... The orangeblood pressed a palm hard to his forehead and grumbled, "Stupid, stupid," he growled, before slipping his hand into the pocket of his pants and pulling out a small bag of dried leaves and popping a few in his mouth as the self-critical voice in his head grew louder and louder. He continued to dig at the ground, and chewed on the leaves, happy that after a few moments the plants juices made his fingers tingle(ahh much better then the scratch of the dirt) and the voice in his head fade.

He was so relaxed and in the zone, he actually didn't even hear his lusus' warning growl as someone approached.

Weywot didn't know about being a good kid, but she was trying her best. Lately she'd been spending less time underground and more time above ground, but she always felt so awkward. She was a high ranking blue blood, and at the same time she wasn't. Her hair now was an untamed mane of caked on dirt and dust and there were probably little bugs living in there like it was made of dirt. She didn't exactly smell like her caste either. It seemed Weywot's badgermom had better things to teach her than grooming and bathing.

Either way, she somehow found her way to the park in the city and she clutched her tank top to her chest as she walked around looking like some scared little animal. Everything was going well and the other trolls avoided her, and sneered, but so far no one had said anything to her.

So when she suddenly heard a voice saying stupid, her retaliation to that was. "NO I'M NOT!" In a very loud, but hesitantly protestful way. She didn't even know who was talking, much less if they were talking to her or anything like that. She suddenly found who it was that was saying stupid and all the blue blood could do was watch him.

"HE-y," she seemed to realize her tone. "What.. .what are .." The growling caught her attention and the blueblood just froze. Please no.

Quote:
Frendo was quickly pulled from his zonkage as the blueblood spoke out. He jumped, just a little, and then quickly stood up and brushed off his already dirt covered hands. LOOK INCONCPICIOUS! He quickly flashed his friend-winning smile and rocked on his bare feet, tossing his hands behind his back. Laughdads were now standing, and snuffling in the bluebloods direction, but staying cool and collected until a threat showed itself.

"Oh hi der!" Frendo chirped loudly, maybe louder than usual. His ears had a slight ringing going right now(another possible side effect of the leaves he had just swallowed; something to write down in his journal later) so he wasn't quite sure how loud he actually was being, "Uh, uhm, I was jus' checkin' out dees plants! Dey're datura, also known's devil's trumpet! Der really pretty, and can be useful in certin situations cause of der effects!" he wasn't sure what else to do to distract the blueblood from his escapades, and also he was feeling pretty energetic right now! He paused for a moment to study the troll before him. They were pretty dirty themselves, and that excited Frendo. Maybe they would like to join in! But first, "Don' worry bout Laughdads, dey're harmless," and as if on cue, the large lusus went from on guard to smiling two slightly disturbing, yet goofy, 'grins' and settling themselves back into a relaxed sitting position.

"See?" Frendo smiled wider, if that was possible and added, "I'm Frendo! Frendo Crocut!" first, establish friendship, then tempt with digging.

She eyed the one known as Laughdad before looking back to the weird troll before her who was just as loud as she got some of the time. Weywot continued to clutch at her shirt, pulling and pushing it around like it was some kind of security blanket. It wasn't, but it's all she had to mess with right now. Swallowing a little more, the blueblood just looked to the plants he was talking about and then back to the now named Frendo Crocut.

"I'm.. I'm WEYWOT KUPIER." Shoot, she'd yelled again. Right after that, her face dropped to her hands and she just shook her head. This screaming thing was definitely going to be the deather of her, she could feel it. "UHM. I've never heard of.. this.. WEIRD plant." Only a couple of words were said loudly, akin to a boy going through puberty. "BUT ISN'T THIS... I mean is this your... area part of your hive?"

Quote:
Frendo grinned, excited to be able to educate someone in the wonderful world of plants! He didn't even mind that she was loud! Why it meant he could be as loud as he wanted to be too! Perfect! "Weywot'sa nice name!" he peeped with a big smile, before waving his hand at the plant behind him "Mos' trolls don' know it! It's not a plant mos' bother ta use or plant, it jus grows where it wants!" he flushed a little at her last question, but knew he couldn't lie to a blueblood! So he fiddled with his fingers for a moment, digging the dirt from under his nails before replying with a drawn out, "wellllll not really...no....but..," well, now he was caught. Time to tempt, "ya wanna dig with me?" perfect, smooth as smooth can be.

She was going to say something when he said it wasn't part of his hive, but he asked her to dig and Weywot's mouth said yes before she could really think about it. Blinking, the blueblood realized what she'd said and just shrugged. No one ever said she wasn't impulsive sometimes. She was just a bit worried now.

"UH. ...Are.. Are we just digging up THESE?" She pointed to the already dug up spots. "OR DID..." She cleared her throat and took a breath. "Did you wanna dig somewhere specifically?"

Quote:
Frendo was worried for all of two seconds that he was in trouble. And then suddenly the blueblood agreed! The little troll could have done a backflip he was so happy. He eagerly waved his hand at the blooming datura spread before and behind him and said, "I wanna collect as muchs can fit in my tank!" he motioned to the little aquarium-now-backpack and grinned, "So ya can dig up any of dees ya like!" as if he had permission to dig at all, "Once ya dig'm up, I'll put'm in my tank! Ya cud take some home too if ya like. Dey're very pretty and grow reaaaaal easy!"

He crouched back down, now feeling confident that he was out of the frying pan, and started to claw again at the earth with his stubby little fingers, "I LOOOVE da way dirt feels, but I hate it under m'nails," he pulled his hand back and tried to roll some of the dirt out of his nails as to express the point, "Sorry I dun got nothin fur ya ta dig with," he added, with a small blush, "I didn' much plan for dis, just kinda...did it?"

So he was collecting for a tank? Okay. Weywot shrugged and paused for a minute. "....Hang on," she said and quickly disappeared the way she had come. Not even a minute later the blue blood came back with a shovel and a spade and just gave a bit of a sheepish look.

"Badgermom. We are always underground. I've got dirt digging hands," at least, Weywot thought so. She thought here hands were abnormally large, though she didn't have a lot to go on. She only popped up now and then. "She's working on gettin' me back into... like.. troll society but.." The girl shrugged and plopped her but down in the dirt before starting to dig up the ones he'd wanted with the spade. The shovel was beside her, half tucked under one leg so no one ran off with it. It was her shovel, okay?

"You can use the shovel if you want.... Just.. gonna need it back?" The volume of her voice seemed a little under control now. Dirt was her specialty, where she felt the most comfortable.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:50 pm
When Weywot came back with a shovel and a spade, the orangeblood almost jumped up and hugged her. She was so well planned! Why, she hadn't even known this was gunna happen, and here she was all prepared! "WOW! Ya getta dig all da time!? DAT'S SO COOL!" his eyes lit up with excitement, watching her start to dig, and when the blueblood offered him her shovel, he giggled and replied, "Dat wud be great! And dun worry, I'll give it back!" he even offered a silly pinky swear, which then he had to explain to Weywot, who eyed his proffered pinky with confusion. Of course, the big grin never left his face, and his patience was immaculate as he explained carefully the art and magic of the pinky swear.

Once they got to work, it became obvious that it was one of the few times Frendo went semi-quiet, their conversations broken apart by little garden diddies and humming when he ran out of actual songs. He believed that singing and humming made the work go faster! And boy! Did it sure go fast! Maybe it was because there were two of them, but they had quickly filled his tank with carefully dug up blooms.

"Wudja look at dat! We're all full up!" Frendo exclaimed with enthusiasm, turning to look from the tank to the terribly dug up ground before them. He scratched his head and grinned, looking at Weywot, "Thanks fur the help, by da way," he offered the shovel he had borrowed back to it's rightful owner, "An' see? Jus like I promised! Pinky swears are serious business, yeah?" once Weywot took the shovel, the orangeblood hefted his tank on his back, and adjusted the straps while continuing, "Ya was fun ta dig with! We shud hang out again," he tilted his head, thinking about what they could do, and then gasped,

"Ya cud come to m'hive in da city! I got m'garden der, and you cud see how well dees guys have grown!" either way, he hoped Weywot would come by. They had been really enjoyable, and it was nice to have a dirt buddy!

Peppermint Coffee

artificial bones

Sexy Goat

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:58 pm
The blueblood visibly relaxed when the other said he'd give it back and she just gave him kind of a crooked grin of broken, jagged teeth. Some of her teeth were hole, but most weren't, not that she cared. With one scratch of an eyebrow, she also started to get to work, watching Frendo and seeing what he was doing before copying him. She held out her pinky to him and gave him a very hesitant and doubtful look. What was this? Some weird troll custom probably. Whatever, it seemed harmless enough.

She was quiet as he chattered and sang, focusing on getting the plants by the roots and what not to make sure they lived longer. She didn't even care she was literally scooting her butt over the ground, dirtying up her shorts. That hair fell into her face and masked an almost peaceful expression on her usually nervous face. Like this, this is how she wished all trolls would be. He didn't seem to really have much expectation in her actually answering his talking, and that was weight off her chest, honestly.

But he started talking about her coming to the city to see his garden and Weywot started worrying the handle of her spade. Her thumb slid over the rounded end of it and she tried not to bit on the inside of her lip in worry.

"M....MaYBE." The sharp ending of the word made her wince and duck her head again. "Maybe..."

stringency

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:11 pm
Frendo quickly noted Weywot's discomfort, and tilted himself so that he could see her face after she tilted it downwards. It made him look ridiculous, but he hoped his smile and silliness might settle her anxiety. "I cud metcha at da train station, y'know? An' we can take da long way, down da sidestreets, der's less trolls der," he tilted himself back up into a standing position, and added with a scratch of his head, "Ya'd really like m'garden, promise it's worth it! I'll even make us somethin' ta eat!"

He watched the way she fiddled with her spade as she spoke, and had an urge to give her a gentle arm pat or hug, or maybe some of his somaplant, it always made him feel better when he felt anxious. But he had a feeling he needed to tread carefully for now.

"No pressure," he added, twiddling his own thumbs.

Peppermint Coffee

artificial bones

Sexy Goat

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:15 pm
"...I don't actually know where the station is?" She said, peeking out at him a bit. He was right, how silly he was being did put a sort of smile back on her face and she lifted her head. "...I'm... my lusus... is.. trying to kick me out of the tunnels lately. I think she wants me to... be a normal troll?" She rubbed her arm, smearing dirt on it and just shrugged.

"I guess I have to learn sometime, so.. ..Can I just follow you?" Following him would be good. She was good at remembering ways after being shown. You had to when your home was underground in a maze of tunnels. Maybe that's how she had to think; above ground was just even more tunnels for her to learn, just with a lack of dirt. That eased a bit of the ball in the middle of her chest. Lowering her shoulders, Weywot pulled her hair out of her face and made sure it stayed that way by sort of 'weaving' together the dirt covered strands. It'd work for now. "That's.. Uh, if YOU REALLY DON'T MIND."

stringency

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:43 pm
"YEA! I can show ya, I shud head back to da city anyways!" Frendo exclaimed, excited to get to show Weywot around. He adored helping trolls, and Weywot evidently was a troll who would need help! How wonderful! A great way for paleship to bloom!

In his eagerness, he reached out, grabbing at Weywots hand to drag her down the path and out of the park. As they walked, he told her a little about the city, and explained how the train station worked and how to go about buying a ticket. When they came upon the station he walked her around it's interior and let her watch him buy a ticket.

After the little tour, the orangeblood grinned at his new found friend, and before she could stop him, he came in for a quick hug and with a chipper wave said, "It was fun ta hang, Wey! See ya soon, let's say two days from now! I'll meetcha at the NHC station!" and with that, he ran off to the train and hoped inside. Waving out the window the whole time he could see the blueblood.

Peppermint Coffee
FIN! unless you wanna add your own little finisher post <3

artificial bones

Sexy Goat

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out