Welcome to Gaia! ::

Displaced Final Fantasy / KH Remnants

Back to Guilds

A place for final fantasy & KH fans still on gaia that would like to reconnect / meet 'new' fans. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix, Roleplay, Cosplay 

Reply Displaced Final Fantasy Fans
What Final Fantasy games have you played? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuna Yuni Chan

Dedicated Wife

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:14 am
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan

Well....we both have Autism and aren't good with using our hands. He tried to help but couldn't get it.

-nod- Understandable. I have a cousin with Autism and a few friends with it as well. It's a weird thing, don't you think? How many different forms there are of it.

Yea definitely. My husband and I are both on the high-functioning side of the spectrum. It's like what my husband always says, "Once you meet a person with Autism, you've a person with Autism." In other words, Autism affects each person with it differently.

It does. It's a shame that there isn't more places for people with Autism out there. I know most schools around here do not have anything to help aid those that need it, instead they get stuck in 'special classes' which doesn't help them at all. With as many people in the world getting diagnosed with it, you'd think they'd be better equipped now a days.

There are so many different levels of it, each person having different needs and different learning patterns that it should be mandatory, wouldn't you say?

Definitely, and some school don't even have "special classes" for them either. I found out I had Autism at the end of 11th grade. At the school I was going to they didn't have special ed. So for 12th grade there was a lady that came in like once a week and we'd talk about things such as how to behave socially. I'm still very socially awkward, but I have learned some things from it too. One of the things that's common with people on the spectrum is to not look in someone's eyes, or even just focusing on their own interests instead of others in a conversation (just because you do these things does NOT mean you have Autism). I've gotten better at looking at people in their eyes when I talk to them, though it still feels weird doing that. When I'm in a conversation with someone else, I try to talk to them about their interests instead of just my own, though I still really struggle with this at times.

Some kids do better in special ed. I have a couple of friends who teach special ed and the kids do just fine in their classes and enjoy them as teachers. I think it all really depends on the kids and the teachers. While most people on the Spectrum are super smart (like geniuses), I didn't get that part. My husband did, he's a Math genius (he can tell you what day of the week you were born by just being told your DOB - he says it's all math). As for me, I really struggled in school and barely graduated high school. I'm an artist though (mostly self-taught) and people say I'm really good at that. I really only see myself as an amateur though (like I can't figure out shading and lighting to save my life!). I think I could've really benefitted in a special ed class personally, but my husband wouldn't have. Like I said, it all depends on the teacher and the student, no person with Autism is the exact same smile

I have a friend who struggles with the same thing. He can't look someone in the eye because of his Autism. If you -can't- look them in the eye, have you tried looking else where? Such as their forehead, but making it look as if you're making eye contact? Sometimes that works I have heard.

Feel free to express your interests here, talk about whatever you'd like, share whatever you'd like to share. Share some art with us all! We need pretty pictures to look at! I don't have the time to do art any more as much as I'd like to.

Oh, that's great for them. My friend was placed in special ed classes and he said they weren't equipped to handle him and his needs when he was in highschool. And that is wording it liberally. >.<; He dropped out of high school, but thankfully he went back to get his GED a few years later. He's a high functioning Autistic. Very smart, very practical. Man, I envy your husband in that regard.

Shading is a pain in the butt. What sometimes helps is to draw a little circle in the place you want the light to come from and use that as a guide. I usually cheat, my light sources usually just come in from the upper right, or upper left hand corners this way I don't have to figure out a different source of lighting. XB

This is very true, no two are exactly alike.

Yea some people can handle regular classes. My husband for instance, was the first kid in his town to go through regular classes with Autism. I envy his geniusness myself sweatdrop That's good your friend went back for his GED smile My brother (who btw is not Autistic) failed high school because he was just goofing around all the time and didn't do any of the work. But he later got his GED. Now he's found something he's passionate about. He graduated from school to be an EMT in December, and he's planning on going back to school to be a Paramedic. It's so amazing how he changed from being this kid who didn't care about school, and then turned into someone who's constantly studying and doing his work. He's really matured. He does volunteer work for the fire department too. I'm very proud of him.

The problem with shading for me is not only where the light source is coming from, but I have a hard time making the gradual shading change. I tend to push the pencil too hard so it doesn't look gradual at all sweatdrop My art is very mediocre honestly sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:10 pm
Monstrocker
PokeyHeadedBastard
Monstrocker
► FF 7, 8, 9, 10, 12
► Side games: Tactics (ps1 and psp), Tactics Advance, Grimoire of the Rift, Revanant Wings
(honestly I want to count Vagrant Story to the ivalice saga due to some connection in the Ivalice history.)

Let's see... FF9 and 12 is what I favor most. 9 is such an engaging game with tons of references. And for 12 I got so addicted in completing the missions. Can't wait for the remastered version!

Finally for side stories... I like... Tactics Advance. That game got me into the Ivalice series when I was a child. Totally love how Marche dislikes escapism rofl

Wow, that's a game I haven't played in years. Vagrant Story. I should really replay that some time, I think I have forgotten most of the plot line of it. >.<;

Now you're making me want to play 9 more. -eyes steam- HAVE. A. SALE.
I just recently learned they have it on there. I will get it. MWAHAHA...

They're remastering 12? Woah. I'm out of the loop. ...Or is this another of Ondore's lies? >.o I've not finished the first one yet!

Same here! Omg Vagrant Story was such an amazing game. Like back at the time some JRPG games have wonky translation. For that game, it was so cool how the writing was. It was about some protagonist named Ashley who's a riskbreaker and he had to investigate Lea Monde.

Omg Vaan, haha! "I'm Captain Basch from Dalmasca!"
Yeah Square Enix is currently remastering FF12 for the ps4 smile They're also going to put new additions as well. So basically they're going to improve more stuff from the international version.

I remembered the main character, Ashley Riot. And that he was more or less...some kind of outcast of some kind. That's about all I recall.

Wow. Wonder if Square is running out of ideas. Don't get me wrong, it's great they're updating things, but why not start with something a little older first?

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:28 pm
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan

Yea definitely. My husband and I are both on the high-functioning side of the spectrum. It's like what my husband always says, "Once you meet a person with Autism, you've a person with Autism." In other words, Autism affects each person with it differently.

It does. It's a shame that there isn't more places for people with Autism out there. I know most schools around here do not have anything to help aid those that need it, instead they get stuck in 'special classes' which doesn't help them at all. With as many people in the world getting diagnosed with it, you'd think they'd be better equipped now a days.

There are so many different levels of it, each person having different needs and different learning patterns that it should be mandatory, wouldn't you say?

Definitely, and some school don't even have "special classes" for them either. I found out I had Autism at the end of 11th grade. At the school I was going to they didn't have special ed. So for 12th grade there was a lady that came in like once a week and we'd talk about things such as how to behave socially. I'm still very socially awkward, but I have learned some things from it too. One of the things that's common with people on the spectrum is to not look in someone's eyes, or even just focusing on their own interests instead of others in a conversation (just because you do these things does NOT mean you have Autism). I've gotten better at looking at people in their eyes when I talk to them, though it still feels weird doing that. When I'm in a conversation with someone else, I try to talk to them about their interests instead of just my own, though I still really struggle with this at times.

Some kids do better in special ed. I have a couple of friends who teach special ed and the kids do just fine in their classes and enjoy them as teachers. I think it all really depends on the kids and the teachers. While most people on the Spectrum are super smart (like geniuses), I didn't get that part. My husband did, he's a Math genius (he can tell you what day of the week you were born by just being told your DOB - he says it's all math). As for me, I really struggled in school and barely graduated high school. I'm an artist though (mostly self-taught) and people say I'm really good at that. I really only see myself as an amateur though (like I can't figure out shading and lighting to save my life!). I think I could've really benefitted in a special ed class personally, but my husband wouldn't have. Like I said, it all depends on the teacher and the student, no person with Autism is the exact same smile

I have a friend who struggles with the same thing. He can't look someone in the eye because of his Autism. If you -can't- look them in the eye, have you tried looking else where? Such as their forehead, but making it look as if you're making eye contact? Sometimes that works I have heard.

Feel free to express your interests here, talk about whatever you'd like, share whatever you'd like to share. Share some art with us all! We need pretty pictures to look at! I don't have the time to do art any more as much as I'd like to.

Oh, that's great for them. My friend was placed in special ed classes and he said they weren't equipped to handle him and his needs when he was in highschool. And that is wording it liberally. >.<; He dropped out of high school, but thankfully he went back to get his GED a few years later. He's a high functioning Autistic. Very smart, very practical. Man, I envy your husband in that regard.

Shading is a pain in the butt. What sometimes helps is to draw a little circle in the place you want the light to come from and use that as a guide. I usually cheat, my light sources usually just come in from the upper right, or upper left hand corners this way I don't have to figure out a different source of lighting. XB

This is very true, no two are exactly alike.

Yea some people can handle regular classes. My husband for instance, was the first kid in his town to go through regular classes with Autism. I envy his geniusness myself sweatdrop That's good your friend went back for his GED smile My brother (who btw is not Autistic) failed high school because he was just goofing around all the time and didn't do any of the work. But he later got his GED. Now he's found something he's passionate about. He graduated from school to be an EMT in December, and he's planning on going back to school to be a Paramedic. It's so amazing how he changed from being this kid who didn't care about school, and then turned into someone who's constantly studying and doing his work. He's really matured. He does volunteer work for the fire department too. I'm very proud of him.

The problem with shading for me is not only where the light source is coming from, but I have a hard time making the gradual shading change. I tend to push the pencil too hard so it doesn't look gradual at all sweatdrop My art is very mediocre honestly sweatdrop

Your husband and brother should both be proud. Husband for sticking with school and graduating, your brother because he finally found something he wanted to do. It seems the case with a lot of people. Most that don't want to be in school in their teen years want to go back and do something later in life. There should be a program for those kinds of people.

Ah, traditional media. In school our art teacher had us draw boxes, and in those boxes practice from going dark to light shades. Have you tried something similar? Or, you could try taking a paper towel / napkin and carefully dragging it out away from the edges to make the gradual fade.

It's the nature of every artist to self depreciate their art. Should post some anyway if you feel comfortable doing so.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:57 pm
PokeyHeadedBastard
Monstrocker
PokeyHeadedBastard
Monstrocker
► FF 7, 8, 9, 10, 12
► Side games: Tactics (ps1 and psp), Tactics Advance, Grimoire of the Rift, Revanant Wings
(honestly I want to count Vagrant Story to the ivalice saga due to some connection in the Ivalice history.)

Let's see... FF9 and 12 is what I favor most. 9 is such an engaging game with tons of references. And for 12 I got so addicted in completing the missions. Can't wait for the remastered version!

Finally for side stories... I like... Tactics Advance. That game got me into the Ivalice series when I was a child. Totally love how Marche dislikes escapism rofl

Wow, that's a game I haven't played in years. Vagrant Story. I should really replay that some time, I think I have forgotten most of the plot line of it. >.<;

They're remastering 12? Woah. I'm out of the loop. ...Or is this another of Ondore's lies? >.o I've not finished the first one yet!

Same here! Omg Vagrant Story was such an amazing game. Like back at the time some JRPG games have wonky translation. For that game, it was so cool how the writing was. It was about some protagonist named Ashley who's a riskbreaker and he had to investigate Lea Monde.

Yeah Square Enix is currently remastering FF12 for the ps4 smile They're also going to put new additions as well. So basically they're going to improve more stuff from the international version.

I remembered the main character, Ashley Riot. And that he was more or less...some kind of outcast of some kind. That's about all I recall.

Wow. Wonder if Square is running out of ideas. Don't get me wrong, it's great they're updating things, but why not start with something a little older first?

► They kinda are... running out of ideas. Nowadays, Enix don't really take risks unless they're desperate. At least they are not in Konami's state.

At least Enix made that big announcement of remaking FF7 even though many fans are scared of how its going to be.  

mon-tann

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:20 pm
Monstrocker
PokeyHeadedBastard
Monstrocker
PokeyHeadedBastard
Monstrocker
► FF 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

► They kinda are... running out of ideas. Nowadays, Enix don't really take risks unless they're desperate. At least they are not in Konami's state.

At least Enix made that big announcement of remaking FF7 even though many fans are scared of how its going to be.

This is true.

I'm worried to an extent. I don't want the battle system to change. If they're going to change the battle system, they should have the turn base option too similar to World of Final Fantasy. I'm hoping they don't remove any content from the original. Adding in things, fine. Taking out. No. And they damn well better make it an M rating, because Barret is always cussing same with Cid, if they took that out, that'd be disappointing. And if they have Reno saying 'yo' with every other damn sentence, going to hurt someone. Yes, he as a lazy laid back speech pattern, it doesn't translate well into text with out getting a little creative and maybe not all would understand it, but never once in the game did you see him constantly saying 'yo'.

Though I do wonder what they're going to translate all of Barret's ^%$^% as. XD

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:38 pm
PokeyHeadedBastard
Monstrocker
PokeyHeadedBastard
Monstrocker
PokeyHeadedBastard
Monstrocker
► FF 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

This is true.

I'm worried to an extent. I don't want the battle system to change. If they're going to change the battle system, they should have the turn base option too similar to World of Final Fantasy. I'm hoping they don't remove any content from the original. Adding in things, fine. Taking out. No. And they damn well better make it an M rating, because Barret is always cussing same with Cid, if they took that out, that'd be disappointing. And if they have Reno saying 'yo' with every other damn sentence, going to hurt someone. Yes, he as a lazy laid back speech pattern, it doesn't translate well into text with out getting a little creative and maybe not all would understand it, but never once in the game did you see him constantly saying 'yo'.

True lol. At this point I honestly want to see how the game goes regardless of what they change or not. The expectations of the remake is insanely high so there making a big risk.

On the bright side, it's cool that its coming back.  

mon-tann

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200

ff7Aerith Gainsb0r0ugh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:41 pm
>=3

ff, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, BC, CC, DOC,8,9,10,10-2,12, Revenant Wings, 13,14,15!!!,
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
Final Fantasy All the Bravest
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

Type O
most of the Tactics ,
chocobo Quest

Ehrgeiz , Dissidia 1 , 2

Would of final fantasy

all Kingdom hearts before 3rd we are waiting on .

11 never touched , 14 did for a little =/

likely more but there are too many and my games are kina in boxes atm =3  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:05 pm
I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, Completed VIII, Started IX, Completed X, Tactics, FFATB, FFBE, DISSIDIA DUODECIM, DISSIDIA OPERA OMNIA... That's about it tho...  

Ensign Lewis

Versatile Bloodsucker

6,575 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Kaiba-Muffin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:58 am
PokeyHeadedBastard
Monstrocker
PokeyHeadedBastard
Monstrocker
PokeyHeadedBastard
Monstrocker
► FF 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

This is true.

i actually would have liked him saying -dude or -man on the end of everything he says cuz the zoto thing is a joke that's only in the japanese version, and in ff7ac when tifa gets the mysterious phone call sh'es like "yeah i remember you" but in japanese it's "yea i remember you, zoto" and that's supposed to be a hint of who called her but in english they left that out so it's not the same D:  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:53 pm
PokeyHeadedBastard
Make a list of all the games, spin offs you've played, share which you enjoyed the most.
Tell us which ones you're looking forward to.

I first played ff7 when I was like 9-10 years old. It was absolute heaven. Then ff8 came along and I'm thinkin dafuq is dis (I now have an appreciation for it) and ff9 came into my life a couple years later and wow I still cry like a baby at the end. Nobuo Uematsu is a staple of my childhood for sure.

So good heart  

RuneGlazeDonut

Fused Fatcat

5,750 Points
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Ally Up 100
Displaced Final Fantasy Fans

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash