[PRP] Golden Flight, Golden Morning [V'mel/Alusia]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:15 pm
Warm. Soft. At peace. While a fair share of the weyr, and even neighboring holds were caught up in the early morning panic that chased the heels of any gold flight, V'mel was savoring the brighter side of life, for a change. Aviroth had considered chasing after Uridith, but the new gold to the weyr was something of an enigma to him, and though V'mel had heard that Lestenna's opinions were almost entirely in line with his own, he had chosen to reserve judgement, and interest, for now. A clutch, either way, meant he'd soon have more work on his hands, and he'd opted to indulge the requisite flightlust that'd come from the twirling, wheeling metallic specks above. He'd even had his head enough as his blood began to pound that he'd been able to think a bit, and not just grab the nearest willing body. He'd been at the weyr amply long enough to have no shame or concern about waking up with any sort or kind of person the next morning, but he did have his preferences.

And he'd had more than one utterly, awfully heated night with Alusia before.

The brownrider hadn't expected to find her rooms unoccupied, not with a gold up there trumpeting about, but he also had had no qualms about giving the young fellow that'd beaten him to the punch a swift boot out the door. A weyrling only a few turns prior, the man had all but fled himself at the sight of the grizzled weyrling master, which was just as well.

They'd fallen together with ease that came of turns and turns and turns of practice, no less passionate and intense than their younger counterparts, but with a sureness and bolder motions than those eager, if untried sorts could hope to muster. V'mel was a hard man, and knew what he liked and how and when, but thankfully Alusia'd never seemed to mind obliging him about it.

And he didn't often entertain gentle or sweet thoughts, but as he basked like a great cat in the late morning light and idled, trailing a broad, calloused hand through the golden waves of her hair against the pillow, he thought that she was still just as lovely (and talented) as he'd ever known her to be, turns and time be damned.

MasterHarper
Hope that's okay! I've not played him yet so brace for character flip flopping like wild as I sort him out! :V

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:26 am
ShinosBee
No worries! I've never written Alusia either, so she'll take some breaking in! Apologies for the short post. I'm actually waiting on an oil change, so am kind of in public, and they've got a t.v. and people wandering about so it's a little hard to focus. gaia_star

The woman was warm and comfortable. As she drifted from a dreamless sleep, she became immediately aware of another's presence. This wasn't entirely unusual -- she was known to often entertain a companion or two, though perhaps not as frequently as a younger woman. After her marriage, she'd learned to appreciate an empty bed. With eyes closed, not ready yet to face the day, she instead rolled closer to the body, and let her arms snake around their frame. Her hands were gentle, but not at all shy, and she encouraged the man closer.

As sleep began to clear, the night came back to her. Mmm, it had been a great time. It had started with Uridith's flight, and -- no, it wasn't T'ral, the young rider who had originally tapped upon her door. Though the young man had seemed eager, someone else had taken his place. V'mel! Ah, yes, now that was why she woke feeling good. The older man was always a good time when it came to a night -- or afternoons -- passion. She was no stranger to his arms, and was pleased to wake up to him so near.

"Mmm," she half-purred, finally opening her eyes to gaze at the stern and aloof man. "So nice of you to join me last night, V'mel." Her words were sincere as she let her hands stroke his back and shoulders. She was doubly please that the man had decided to stay, instead of heading out as soon as the flight lust had worn off.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:37 am
V'mel's breathing made his bellows-like chest rise and fall rhythmically beneath Alusia's arms. He wasn't some shy young buck, and when she'd rolled towards him he hadn't jerked his hand back or tried to hide his almost affectionate interest he'd been paying her. He did take a moment to move a few strands from her sleepy face before nudging his thick work-worn fingers against her jaw, wordlessly urging her to lift it just long enough for him to snake his arm into the place of her pillow. He grunted in reply to her purr, and shifted slightly so she could pull closer if she wished, or find a comfortable position on his arm. He felt the low curl of something kin to a tickle trace up from where her fingers threaded through the hair growing near the base of his skull, and another grunt, longer and half a sigh, made her hair ruffle.

He was not a soft man. Enjoying a soft woman was about as close as he'd found over the turns that he could get, and he appreciated Alusia moreover for it. She also wasn't the type to really go around sharing that the stone-and-ice man could be quite gentle and warm when he felt the desire to be.

"Kind of you, as always, to humor me." His already-gruff voice was rougher from sleep, low and thunder-like, but kept quiet enough not to startle or break the cocoon of solace they'd found themselves in. "Thought I'd best save you from T'ral, as well." Obviously he'd come to find her, her specifically...and not entirely because he knew he'd wake fully sated like few others had managed to do for him. The choice to linger had actually not been his own. The stress of thread and pending new weyrlings had cluttered his mind more than usual, and age, it seemed, was finally creeping up on him. He'd fallen asleep still twined with her (though not before they both were satisfied and exhausted) rather than gone back to his own weyr. It bore some thinking about, though not intensely, he decided, and was glad that she either hadn't noticed his (in his mind) slight decline, or had chosen to ignore it.

Or perhaps, the idea came, he'd simply wanted to stay. He couldn't deduce quite what that might mean though, and let the thought scatter as harmlessly as daylight against her ever so soft skin.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:28 pm
ShinosBee

Alusia was pliant to V'mel's wishes -- she allowed the other to slip his arm beneath her neck, and shifted herself ever closer to his large frame. While she was no small woman -- and stood taller than some men -- she did feel rather small compared to the other. Thankfully, she didn't mind. She liked that he was a man who knew what he liked, knew what he wanted, and though he could be gruff, and short, and intimidating to others, he had never been cruel to her. Perhaps that's why she appreciated him particularly well. She didn't have to guess about some hidden motive or manipulation, or worry about some 'bout of alcohol-laden jealousy or rage to bruise her. It was a change Alusia liked best now that she was older.

Curled up close, she let her caressing hands turn more into a massage. There was tension in those shoulders and back, and she might as well take advantage of the situation while they were here. "I'm glad of it," she confessed with a small laugh. "Though I suppose the reality is you likely save T'ral from me." While she would have been just as amicable had the other rider joined her for the night, Alusia suspected that the younger man might have had a few things left to learn. She also was unsure whether the youth had any idea of what her profession had been before she became naught but a kitchen worker.

"I should properly thank you, now that I've my wits about me." She added, letting one of her hands pause in its ministrations, and pull the man's head down to her own. She offered him a kiss that was not coy or even flirtatious; but one that was happy, satisfied, and meant quite for V'mel. Alusia was a woman who wasn't one to kiss and tell, unlike her children. Any and all thoughts she had bout V'mel were her own to keep.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:56 am
The noise V'mel made at the idea that the other man might have been out of his depth was one of dismissive concurrence. Kid like that wouldn't know how to handle...how to treat someone as skilled and aggressive as Alusia could be. "You'd have eaten the boy alive, woman, and the eggs aren't even on the sands yet to replace him and his blue." A joke, of all things, and in somewhat bad taste. V'mel had never been one to shy from the realities, the dangers of weyr life though, and it fit in well with whatever other rare bouts of humor he'd shown before.

Her kiss was a not-quite-surprising bonus, and the thought of morning breath didn't even enter the man's calloused mind. Those soft pink lips were a stronger call than he could resist. Honestly he'd shared more kisses with her than anyone else in his time on Pern, but these were rare too. His hand beneath her head twisted, and he half rose onto the same elbow to dip his head down at the same time his fingers twisted into the hair at the back of her head. Not hard though, never hard or demanding. A flex of willingness, or reciprocated enjoyment, that was all it was, and he released her to sink back into the bed beside her in another moment.

Another grunt. "Nothing to thank." His breath hitched into a sigh as he considered at last sitting up. His duties weren't yet increased, and nothing could even begin ubtil the clutch was laid and a count was taken. Still. Laying about this late into the morning...It would chafe if he wasn't so damned comfortable here with her.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:21 pm
ShinosBee
So, Alusia is too practical. xD We can start wrapping it up if you'd like, unless V'mel is feeling surprising and cares to linger. Doubtful, but who knows what characters do. She knows morning afters aren't long for such a busy man as he after all these turns. Am happy either way!

Alusia gave a small laugh as V'mel spoke of the boy. The rider she had almost entertained had been younger than she, but had looked eager, and been more than willing. Alusia had never been the sort to be particular about her lovers or bedmates -- so long as they were willing and of age, she would more than happily entertain. Thankfully, though, she had found herself able to best enjoy her night without having to hold back or it turn into some sort of training session. Honestly, she didn't regret her night at all.

"Really now, V'mel," she half purred, "I do have a reputation to uphold. What's one lost man every now and then?" She asked innocently. "Besides, last night's activities were a surefire promise that there will be ample replacements soon enough. You'll have a new army of green and blueriders to replace any that succumb to my charms." She teased. V'mel's sense of humor was charming, and Alusia not easily shocked or offended.

When V'mel sunk into her kiss, the blonde found herself doubly pleased. The brown rider was a difficult man to read, but not impossible to get to know. He was duty bound, and there was nothing wrong with that. He didn't have time for games or drama, of which the woman was entirely grateful. She'd spent enough of her life sucked into politics and the great game of rank and position; she didn't have to wonder or worry that the brownrider might suddenly turn into some sappy fool, or start following her around as others had; she also didn't have to worry about falling into some trap, and discover a hidden monster as she had with her ex-husband. It made their time together comfortable, flexible, and fun.

When the kiss broke off, she kept her arms loose around the other, enjoying their close proximity for a few moments more. "Well, I'll thank you anyway. Your time is valuable, and I've taken up much of it already." The fact that the two hadn't already parted ways was a nice change, but an anomaly. Besides, Alusia was well aware of her position in the Weyr -- V'mel was a man of importance, if not one of the most important positions in the Weyr. His time was incredibly valuable, and she nothing but a kitchenworker. He had places to be, schedules to keep, things to do. New weyrlings might still be months away, but that didn't mean he had free time to spare.

She did have work later that morning, anyway.

With one last sweet kiss, and a gentle caress to weave through his hair, and trace down his back, Alusia finally released the man. She knew the other's style and preferences; duty would call sooner than later, and it was best they were both ready for it "A trip to the bathing chambers is in order for me. Care to accompany me, or shall I let you to your own devices?" No doubt he was of rank enough to have his own private bathing chambers; pity they weren't in his quarters this time. Ah well. Perhaps next time, for she knew well there would inevitably be a next time.

Pushing herself up, she untangled herself from the man, and slid off the bed to hunt for their dropped and discarded garments.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:50 am
Another man than V'mel would probably have felt called to stay put. Would have felt their mingled breath and gentle touching and stirred to desire more. Would have shifted to turn their affections more arduous, and burned away the morning hours in another blaze of mutual satisfaction. But V'mel was himself. He could be no other. And Alusia, sharp as ever she'd been, knew him. his arm snaked about her waist, hand gripping her hip as she tousled his hair, and then went lax, both of them disengaging and slipping from the bed on their opposite sides, to begin to prepare for their opposite lives.

Their mingled, crumpled clothes told a tale of harried passion, but it was quickly spoiled as the man unceremoniously scooped up what was within reach and tossed her bits back onto the bed to make it easy for her to get at them. His boots were where he'd left them, side by side just under the bed. One'd toppled over...he certainly had been in a bit of a rush, hadn't he? He'd already tugged on pants and was toeing the boots on when her offer to bathe came up. In the space of an instant he weighed the idea. It didn't sound unpleasant, but the public pools were always crowded the morning after a gold flight. It'd take longer, and his presence wasn't typically a friendly one. No, best leave her to it.

"I'll leave that luxury to you." Aviroth would be at the weyr, ready with a report on who'd won, how long it'd gone, everything relevant to helping guess at the size of their pending class. That was a discussion they could have as they both cleaned themselves up. The brown had joined the flight, but done poorly, his own stamina no match for a gold that'd been unusually driven to impress. Then again, it had been her first flight under High Reaches' banner. "But...thank you for the offer." There was a softness to his glance as he located his shirt, sliding it on but not bothering to button it. The thought to invite her all the way back to his weyr to bath together, in privacy, did not occur. Nearly the entire distance of the weyrbowl away, it wasn't a good use of time, not really.

Masterharper
Naaah, you know V'mel. He's not subtle, and less gentle than he could be. He really enjoys his time with her, but...it just doesn't occur to him that maybe he could have more of it. And even if it did, well.
They both have jobs to do.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:51 am
ShinosBee
I think we can call this one a wrap then! biggrin Just say the word if you ever want the two to cross paths again in another RP.

Alusia was not at all surprised by his answer. She might have been more so had he actually agreed, but she wasn't put off. They knew one another well enough to be able to enjoy the time they had together, and accept the time without. Neither of them were expected to be exclusive, nor did Alusia begrudge what V'mel did with his time when they were apart. But that didn't mean she didn't greatly enjoy and appreciate when he did seek her out, for whatever he might need.

It wasn't some romance for the ages, but it was good all the same.

It didn't take her long to slip into her clothes. She ran fingers through her hair, but wasn't fussed by her appearance; it wouldn't take too long to make it to the bathing chambers and clean up properly. It had been a great night, and she was well satisfied.

"Mmm. I'll be sure to luxuriate for the both of us then." The blonde had never been one to be in a rush, though she did know that the bathing chambers would be well crowded. No, her luxuriating this morning wouldn't likely take shape, but she didn't mind. It would be good to get clean, and best prepared for the day.

On her way out, she did pause to give V'mel one last parting kiss. "Until next time." And there would be a next time. There always was, after all. So it was, she slipped out of reach, and out the door. V'mel knew how to let himself out. There night was fun, but the day was getting away from them both. At least they could bot say the morning started out right.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces