Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:05 pm
"I'm back," announced Leila, wearily stomping back down into the house-turned-Queen's chamber after a long walk to get there from where she'd just been. The 'treasure' she'd been tasked to retrieve was still large, mysterious, covered in dirt and tucked under an arm as she waited to be signaled to approach.

ashdown whaler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:54 pm
You return with the Treasure. The familiar clicking of pincers filled the air. Leila was once more being watched.

Bring it forward. A space was cleared, the Multitude pulling back and giving her a cleared empty space to set it upon the ground.

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:19 am
Leila stepped forward, with the object held in both hands -- might as well demonstrate she cared about its safety, even though she was a little suspicious.

<I've done what was required,> she answered as she carefully set the object down. <I had some help from [another human, a bat-warg.]> Along with the message she offered along an image of Horace, and his bat, and the knowledge that bats were often insectivores too. <This should demonstrate to you that our other [bonds/loyalties] don't prevent us from doing what is right. And you have allies who don't know of you the way I do.>

Leila was owed some answers... namely where in the hell her chicken was. As much as she hated to do it, she waited.

ashdown whaler

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:25 pm
There was a distinct lack of flavor from the Multitude.

Bring it closer. The Treasure. The word repeated in her head. The Multitude would not actually touch it, though that seemed to be by order of the Queen.

cibarium

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:21 pm
"Right," said Leila, picking the mystery spheroid up off the ground once more and bringing it more properly in front of the Queen.

ashdown whaler

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:59 pm
The first thing that happened, once it was close enough, was that a very particular series of clicks were released. A bit of dirt tumbled off and there, shaking it off, was Friend.

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:27 pm
"Oh!" Leila knelt down in surprise. "Welcome back..." It was good to see the tiny soldier again.

"Were you all by yourself back there?"

ashdown whaler

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:38 pm
No- not alone. Protecting.

There was a rather authoritative clicking noise from the Queen and Friend fell silent.

cibarium

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:49 pm
So the Treasure had been retrieved, Friend had been found... and Biscuit was still unaccounted for, and Leila wasn't sure why she felt like the Multitude was still waiting for her to do something.

< I've missed having the Multitude [in/with] my mind, > she tried. < I hope this shows your well-being is important to me. >

That was probably more than enough formality at this point.

"But Biscuit is important to me too. Any chance you've spotted her?"

ashdown whaler

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:36 pm
The Multitude was quiet, just as Friend was. A tentative brush to her mind was given, one that Leila would find familiar.

Would you [welcome] greater importance?

For now, the question about Biscuit was ignored.

cibarium

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:49 am
The familiar presence in Leila's mind was soothing, especially during such a stressful time in her life. However, it didn't brush away her priorities.

"First you say I'm not doing enough for you... and now you're offering me something," she observed. "And you're still avoiding saying anything about my bird. Is there something else going on here?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:18 pm
We were going to welcome the Treasure to greater importance to [Colony]. There was a series of clicks and eyes watching Leila. If [Leila] wishes to be connected, greater importance can be given.

The dirt on the Treasure started to crumble and fall away but still it's contents remained hidden.

A show of favor from [Colony].

cibarium

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:12 am
There were hundreds of them and they were so single-minded. Leila suppressed an impatient sigh.

I don't quite understand, she confessed. What does greater importance mean... what would I have to do?

ashdown whaler

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:45 pm
[Favor]. It was not a word but a feeling along with clipped imagery. Leila would know that it was something similar to someone being given a gift, something that showed one was connected to the Multitude.

cibarium

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:22 pm
"Oh," said Leila.

They meant a gift? After being all sulky before? Strange and stranger. Or the emotions of the Multitude were just different from human emotions, which seemed entirely possible. At the very least it made her a little less suspicious. Were it not for Biscuit's absence, she would have readily accepted, but as it was, she was still uneasy. She thought carefully for a moment before giving an answer.

< I will welcome it if you're ready to welcome [Biscuit] as part of what I bring to the Multitude. I promise you have nothing to fear from her. >

ashdown whaler

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces