[PRP] Food Truck Adventure [Eli/Ollie/PUPPER???/Cass] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:15 pm
Texts had been exchanged. Certainly, Cass had sent probably three too many pictures of her Roomba out (as well as her new battle scar from having been stabbed in the ankle by it...knives were an awesome idea. She took them off...), but mostly it had been 'SHOW ME YOUR CRITTERS' and arranging what time of day worked out for everybody's schedule.

This had resulted in about 4:30 in the afternoon being the sweet spot. She'd double checked the address, sent it to both boys, then found a nice bench not too far off from the parking lot to post herself in. There were 7 trucks already there and Cass snapped a picture of them to text out.

Red and Blue and Yellow - her Korean BBQ truck was there, along with a chicken truck and something that looked like a pizza truck. She'd have to investigate how that one worked, but it looked good.

And lord it smelled good from where she was too.

Saedusk

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:21 am
One of our compatriots had been pretty damn vague, especially considering 'Cass' would've been more than sufficient, but Elliot hadn't complained then and he wouldn't complain now. It was honestly nice to see Oliver making more friends, going out and doing more things, living. When they happened to share acquaintances, well, that was a bonus. That meant he had an excuse to spend extra time with Ollie out and about having fun.

Seeing Cass was nice, too, of course. Don't get him wrong.

"Come on, keep up, Pascal," he said casually, and it took a second, but the Aussie veered back towards him and Oliver with some reluctance, looking awkward in his dog booties. It was just so hard not to stop and smell everything.

"Ah, isn't that her over there?" he asked, then sing-songed, "Caaaass-!" as they approached.

Melancholies

demon_pachabel

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:23 pm
    Oliver hadn't expected Elliot to put up too much of a fight, and lo and behold he hadn't. The day was warm, Pascal was extra wiggly, and Oliver was just a little sad that cats weren't as exuberant about walks as dogs were. Why, imagine the delight of everyone if he came strolling down the sidewalk with his precious children in tow! Cats! Now that would be too cute.

But this wasn't bad either.

"I think so, yeah." He offered a little wave, cringing underneath Elliot's loud voice. "She'll be really happy that you brought the dog." Cas seemed to like animals, if inviting wild raccoons into her house and home was any indication.

"We're uh, here..." He offered rather lamely, obviously the one lacking in energy and enthusiasm compared to the rest of the group.

saedusk

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:45 pm
When she heard her name, Cass turned to spot the familiar duo (well, familiar by themselves, she'd actually never seen them together before) as well as the pupper of the hour. Pascal was going to get SO many belly rubs and head pets. Cass was ready. The small burble of her stomach reminded her that it should have been her priority first, however.

Okay, first she'd say hello to her friends, then a food truck, THEN give belly rubs.

"Eli!" Cass lifted an arm and waved it, the second support of positive excitement to hold up the fort when the third one did not do it's due diligence. "And you too, Oliver. Glad you two could both make it. Looks like we have some good options this week for sure." She could see the teal and white of the waffle truck from the other side of the lot now, but still that ol' greasy pizza truck called for curiosity.

"This venture is my treat, so whatever you want, I'm buying."

She was going to be their taco-or-chicken-or-whatever-Food-truck daddy.

saedusk

Melancholies

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:30 pm
"Well," Eli exclaimed, hands on his hips, "I was not expecting that. Very generous of you, darling, thank you." If he weren't living nearly paycheck-to-paycheck with special trips like this a long saved for rarity, he might've had the good manners to decline. As it were, she made her choice and who was he to say no, right?

"I wonder if there's a gyro truck," he mused as he half-turned to Ollie, "I think that truck with the chicken mural has your name on it, though." Then he looked again. "Wait, is that pizza? A pizza food truck?"

With Elliot thoroughly distracted by the abundance of options, Pascal wandered closer to Cass. The only thing more alluring than the smells here was her and his memories of her very good pets. He bumped against her leg expectantly.

Melancholies

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:34 pm
    Oliver flushed, quiet between the both of them exclaiming and gesticulating, like prey between two predators. Elliot was a lazy-a** lion with an appetite for life and Cass was damn near hawkish in the way she kept looking at Pascal. Oliver was but a humble raccoon: rolly, likes to sleep during the day, eats garbage.

"I'm gonna get the chicken." Oliver said with a tiny twinkle in his eye, "And then... I'm gonna get the waffles." He made a tiny fist. It seemed like his mind was made up.

"Are... pizza food trucks uncommon?" Elliot was surely better versed in things like this. Or Cass. He looked towards her next. Then he shook his head, "Where are our manners," (cue a hard elbow into Elliot's side), "Are you sure about footing the bill?" His hand was reaching into his cream colored bag for his wallet. "I mean, I appreciate the gesture, but..."

There was a long, unspoken I totally ate all your chinese food that one time and never paid you back and a Beaumont always repays his debts at least if his first name is Oliver.

saedusk
rude

demon_pachabel

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:53 pm
Oh no, a pupper.

Cass slooowly reached down to start petting the dog at her feet, but continued to talk as she did so. She didn't even have the manners to ask permission this time. There was a dog and it was asking so she was gonna say yes. Perfect creature.

"Of course, I don't mind. I invited you both out, so it's my treat. That's the rules. Also my mother believed it was our job to feed people." At least it was one of the things she retained from being Samantha. "Also, I don't know what you're taste in Gyros are, but I will say I've yet to have been impressed by anywhere in Ashdown yet. I've had the authentic stuff." Lord, it was in moments like this, she missed her mother's cooking. She'd never get to eat Gyros that good ever again.

She tilted her head side to side, looking at the trucks. "Well, a pizza truck that size is uncommon. I mean, the implication is there's a full up oven in it. That requires a lot of bravery." Or a lot of air slates to air their truck out with. "I'm inclined either towards the Korean Barbecue or the Cheese steak truck, but I'll follow you both around."

Melancholies

Saedusk

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:59 pm
There could be no doubt, Pascal was happy. The attention was his, the smells were good, the breeze was nice even if he had to wear these weird booties. Elliot couldn't help but smile watching him. Funny, considering how often he claimed he didn't like dogs. It was still true—sort of. He didn't like dogs, but he did like Pascal.

It was a nice moment, but the smile only lasted as long as it took Oliver to elbow him in the side. "Come on," he hissed, a low whisper. Cass seemed hardly put out as she assured them it was alright. Eli had to get in another pointed, "See??"

Not that he'd let this ruin his day nor his time with Oliver and Cass. "Did you say Korean barbecue?" It was like flipping a light switch. "I've changed my mind. Barbecue for dinner, waffles for dessert." He looked as set on this as Ollie had about his own choices. It was kind of silly.

"Let's hit the chicken truck first. Looks like it's on the way."

Melancholies

demon_pachabel

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:05 pm
    Oliver shot him a look right back, "It's called mindfulness Elliot." When he turned to Cass, the expression melted into something more socially-presentable: a genuine smile, "I appreciate it, thank you."

Oliver was set on the chicken and waffle combo, but the tangibility of bravery that was apparently evoked by a large-scale pizza truck was... tantalizing. "Bravery..." He looked up at Elliot, "I change my mind too." For as different as they were, they sure were similar sometimes, "I don't know what I want." Oh. Good going Oliver.

"Pick something out for me." He was putting out a faux-pout for some weird reason, but it was probably because he was just as cheeky with Elliot as Elliot was with him. Oliver was just... more lowkey about it. "I'm in your considerable hands." He blinked, "Or should I just go for the waffles anyway..." He tapped his chin as he started to sink down into thought. His expression shifted again, "Actually, what's Korean Barbecue like? I've never had it. Maybe I'll try that. You'll still order for me, right?" He nudged Eli again.

demon_pachabel

saedusk

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:28 pm
Oops, she'd converted everybody to Korean Barbecue. Cassandra had no regrets. "I still may check out that pizza truck at some point. I've heard rumors that one is just a big ol' woodburning oven and they don't actually have people inside of it. Just the oven."

Oh man, she'd go for good pizza any day........

Except Cupbop was here. Cassandra was going to eat Cupbop.

As she started to make her way through the herd to the familiar yellow truck (and lord, there was a bit of a line), she made good to answer Oliver's question: "This place gives you a bowl - a 'cup', rather - and fills it with rice, noodles, some lettuce...you can ask for just noodles though, that's what I usually do - and then you get to pick a meat. There's chicken, bulgogi - that's korean style beef -, spicy pork, or you can get a combo with two of them. Then you can pick your spice level as well.

I'm comfortable at about an 8, but...." she trailed off.

Not everybody was made for heat. "I recommend the Bulgogi and if they ask if you want the white sauce, you want the white sauce. Especially if you get it hotter than a 5."

She'd explained nearly nothing, to be fair. Just how this truck was magical. "But I definitely agree - waffles after."

Occasionally, she'd reach down to pat Pascal's side, rubbing the side of the head, or scratching behind an ear.

Saedusk

Melancholies

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:08 am
The explanation had Elliot nodding along knowingly as if all of this was solely for Oliver's benefit. Truth was, it educated him, too. Sure, he'd eaten Korean barbecue in California, but that was a few years ago and it certainly hadn't been out of a truck. If Cass was this excited, though, it had to be good. He was looking forward to it.

"Of course I'll order for you, darling," he agreed, "You know I will. Korean barbecue is a good choice, you won't regret it." Eli sounded genuine, but playful, nudging back as they corrected their trajectory past the chicken truck and on to Cupbob.

"Is the spicy pork any good?" he asked Cass. "Bulgogi sounds great, but I don't know. I wonder if it would be too much to get both." A sigh, it was a difficult choice.

"What about you, Ollie? What do you want? How spicy?" It was his job to order, after all.

Melancholies

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:51 pm
    Oliver was impressed by the food knowledge, though in the back of his mind he knew Elliot was just as enthralled, even if he was pretending to understand. At least, that's how the Elliot from his time was. The thought had him worried for a slight moment—he couldn't even say they were the same, or similar, because they weren't.

"O-Oh, uh..." He looked between the two of them, "Nothing too spicy. I don't like super spicy." His brows furrowed up at Elliot, "Nothing above the five then. Maybe a combo with both...?" He started to lace his fingers together and unlace them and lace them up again.

"Or you can just pick for me. I trust your judgement." And I'll eat about anything. "Should... should we get something for Pascal too?"

demon_pachabel

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:10 pm
Cass nodded. "It's decent, but it's labelled 'spicy' for a reason. I think for a first visit, a 3 is usually best. " Cass suggested, "and a combo-bowl is like an extra dollar-fifty. That's completely doable on my budget for both of you." But Cass was going to remain firm in her desires: Bulgogi, level 8, white sauce, P O T S T I C K E R S. For someone who changed her life so much, she sure kept simple little things the same.

Sometimes.

"I definitely recommend a combo of the two non-spicy meats to see what you like better, at a three, get the white sauce, get some potstickers." Sure, Eli was supposed to be making that call, but Cass was going to throw in her two cents on it as the line seemed to trudge along (which meant more pupper-petting time. The best pupper). "I'd say if you want to give Pascal anything, a potsticker or a few pieces of meat are best but.....probably don't want to train him that he can have people-food."

They at least had a minute to think before the line finally dropped them off in front of the window. Cass looked to the two boys; "Know what you want?"

Saedusk

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:33 pm
A big, fuzzy butt bumped against Oliver's leg enthusiastically. That was his name, he'd heard his name! No take-backsies, now they had to get him something. Yes? Yes?? He looked back and forth between Cass and Ollie.

"Look at him begging," Eli commented, though he didn't sound mad. Pascal behaved quite well at the table, actually, he was just excited by today's adventure. "I'll share one of my potstickers with him, don't worry. If we're lucky there might be a dog-friendly truck around here somewhere." A lot of restaurants back in California left treats outside for passing four-legged friends, at least.

For now, it was human food time. "I'm ready," he assured Cass, stepping up to the window to order. Potstickers for both himself and Oliver, of course, that was a given. As for the rest of it, placing his trust in Eli wouldn't lead him astray. If anyone knew what Ollie liked, it was him.

One order later and he'd gotten spicy pork and rice with white sauce for himself. Level four, just in case. For Oliver, bulgogi and chicken with noodles and white sauce at an even safer level three.

Melancholies

demon_pachabel

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:41 pm
    "Oh please, I wasn't the one that trained him to want people-food." He looked towards Elliot 'it's just a green bean!' Labelle. "He'd start begging regardless if I offered it out or not." Pascal was a hungry boy. Oliver had cats that begged too, what with Chai always trying to drink his tea and Nosey running off with alfredo noodles.

He stood back while the dynamic duo went to order though. It smelled amazing from the front of the truck, but the lines were very there and he didn't want to bump into anyone on accident.

Oliver was on pins and needles the entire time though, and this was evident by the look on his face when his friends finally returned, his eyes wide, his nostrils flaring a little, the space around his eyes turning black, the—wait Oliver slow down.

saedusk

demon_pachabel

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas