Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Events ] Grand Marketplace
Colors of the Wind [ Staff Idol Give-Away ] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion
Vice Captain

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:42 pm
User Image

So needless to say, it's Wind Season! We've been leaving our breeidng selections up to the dice this month and...still it picked the staffers. So rather than being greedy guts, we decided to share the love! There are two lovlies up for grabs, one for newbies and one for veterans of the shop.

Interested? Read on!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:50 pm
First, meet the family•••
About the Father •••
User Image
Name || Amphere "First Strike"
Owner || Thalion
Amphere, or "First Strike" as the un-fledged get to call him, is a live wire. He tends to be jittery, unable and unwilling to hold still any longer than is strictly necessary. Unfortunately, this goes for his mouth as well. He doesn't have a brain to mouth filter. He's quick to mouth off, quick to insult, and quick to throw out his ideas- regardless of how fur-brained they are. Regardless, he's dedicated to his tribe and while he tends to over-exert himself more than he should, he's becoming quite the flier. Eventually, he wants to help defend the air against those ugly bone-wingers...

About the Mother •••
User Image
Name || Dayrena "Bright Song"
Owner || Seruta
Dayrena "Bright Song": A bright and bubbly individual! Bright Song is almost always singing and praising the day! She enjoys the sunshine and warm breezy days and is overwhelmed with boredom when it rains. She's definitely a "Glass half full" type of gal and more often than not appears to have boundless amounts of energy and excitement - sometimes even over the smallest of things!

About the Siblings •••
User Image
Belongs to Thalion

User Image
Belongs to Seruta

** We've not fleshed them out yet! We really just wanted to get this game up. >A> But we'll want family development!**

Thalion
Vice Captain

Conservative Seeker

Thalion
Vice Captain

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:56 pm
READ THIS.

Respect the family.
While we've not had a chance to rp them formally, this family is not...odd by any means. The parents have a lot of energy- but they're Wind Tribers through and through. They're loyal to their tribe, they're loyal to the Weaver, and they're loyal to their family. We don't want any odd world-breaking "quirks" or behaviors that are outside of the norm. This is only gen two!

Please see that they find their other half!
...we really want to dominate the world with rainbow vomit.

Treat our babies well!
We'll die a little inside if you just use the babies for sig candy. ;; Give them life and love!

Oh btw they're all edited.
Yup. I won't tell how.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:02 pm
I have 3+ B'alam!
User Image

This is the one you'll be entering for!

Rules ||
This game ends at 8pm Friday, April 21 PST. It begins as soon as this thread opens!
► Post the form provided and do not alter it or leave anything blank!
► Everyone gets 1 point for entering. You get 2 points if all your questions are right. You get 3 points if we really like your ideas!

Form ||

[align=center][b][size=18][color=deeppink]Take me under your wing![/b][/size][/color][/align]

► [b]Your SN ||[/b]
► [b] What's this little one's name?[/b]
► [b] Name Meaning?[/b]
► [b] What's their wind name?[/b]
► [b] Why that name?[/b]
► [b] What kind of personality do you want?[/b]

► [b]What will they look for in a future mate?[/b]

► [b] Why do Wind Tribers steal from the surface?[/b]
► [b] Who is the Arch-Magus of the Wind Tribe? [/b]
► [b] WHERE DO B'ALAM BABIES COME FROM?[/b]

Entrants

1. GunSniper
  2. GunSniper
  3. GunSniper
  4. Revel1984
  5. Revel1984
  6. Revel1984
  7. AstoriaFallen
  8. AstoriaFallen
  9. ChaosTheories
  10. ChaosTheories
  11. ChaosTheories
  12. Kyrieko
  13. Kyrieko
  14. Kyrieko
  15. ABVirus
  16. ABVirus
  17. ABVirus
  18. Teigra
  19. Teigra
  20. Teigra

Thalion
Vice Captain

Conservative Seeker

Thalion
Vice Captain

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:04 pm
I have less than 3 B'alam!
User Image

This is the one you'll be entering for!

Rules ||
This game ends at 8pm Friday, April 21 PST. It begins as soon as this thread opens!
► Post the form provided and do not alter it or leave anything blank!
► Everyone gets 1 point for entering. You get 2 points if all your questions are right. You get 3 points if we really like your ideas!

Form ||

[align=center][b][size=18][color=limegreen]Testing the Air![/b][/size][/color][/align]

► [b]Your SN ||[/b]
► [b] What's this little one's name?[/b]
► [b] Name Meaning?[/b]
► [b] What's their wind name?[/b]
► [b] Why that name?[/b]
► [b] What kind of personality do you want?[/b]

► [b]What will they look for in a future mate?[/b]

► [b] Why do Wind Tribers steal from the surface?[/b]
► [b] Who is the Arch-Magus of the Wind Tribe? [/b]
► [b] WHERE DO B'ALAM BABIES COME FROM?[/b]

Entrants

1. viixena
  2. viixena
  3. Dea and #Teddy#
  4. Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:05 pm
[ - Open -]

Thalion
Vice Captain

Conservative Seeker

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:09 pm
Take me under your wing!

Your SN || GunSniper
What's this little one's name? Nimbus
Name Meaning? "storm cloud"
What's their wind name? Thunderhead
Why that name? His dominant yellow color makes me think of lightning! The blue seems like the downpour that comes with the storm... ok, it just seemed to be fitting for this one.

What kind of personality do you want? Wild. Just crazy as you can think. The one that flies in a windstorm, this guy. The one to try and steal from the fruits of the earth arch-magus, this guy. He knows he can't hide well with his pelt so he makes a point to be known.

What will they look for in a future mate? Someone who can tame him. No sure what the personality will be, but OOCLY, I think she should be bright in colors too... bahaha!

Why do Wind Tribers steal from the surface? Because they can't grown anything on their floaty rocks
Who is the Arch-Magus of the Wind Tribe? Shador
WHERE DO B'ALAM BABIES COME FROM? WHEN A NAN AND A TAH LOVE EACHOTHER VERY MUCH THEY FORM A BOND THAN CARVE IDOLS THAT MAY COME TO LIFE IF THE WEAVER BLESSES THEM! but only if the two are bonded...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:41 am
Take me under your wing!

Your SN || Revel1984
What's this little one's name? Dune
Name Meaning? A hill or ridge of wind-blown sand.
What's their wind name? Sandstorm
Why that name? the yellow makes me think of a desert, but the blues make me think of water and storms.
What kind of personality do you want? I think he would be calm for the most part but prone to outbursts of emotions, whether good or bad.

What will they look for in a future mate? someone who will understand the outbursts and not take it to heart if its a negative outburst, someone who will stay by him despite his quirky moods sometimes.

Why do Wind Tribers steal from the surface? they can't grow food on their homeland. Also they tend to like shiny treasures, like Magpies or Crows.
Who is the Arch-Magus of the Wind Tribe? Shandor "Riddle Mouth"
WHERE DO B'ALAM BABIES COME FROM? MAGIC ....

When a male and a female B'alam unite their spirits, The Grand Weaver will take inspiration from both parents and weave new lives that are parts of both parents.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:06 am
Take me under your wing!

Your SN || AstoriaFallen
What's this little one's name? Zoran
Name Meaning? light if dawn
What's their wind name? "Dawn Treader"
Why that name? he loves flying at dawn
What kind of personality do you want?
He's going to be very spunky and outgoing, wanting to do anything and everything. Hea got a curious mind and a live for flying.
What will they look for in a future mate? someone just as bright and perhaps a bit adventurous. Might end up with a quiet book worm though. He just wants them to be proud of who they are.

Why do Wind Tribers steal from the surface? they can't grow their own stuff
WHERE DO B'ALAM BABIES COME FROM? maggggiiiccccccc. .... they're given life from the weaver after being carved by the parents.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:42 am
Take me under your wing!

Your SN || ChaosTheories
What's this little one's name? Volter
Name Meaning? Modification of the word 'volt', which means 'the SI unit of electromotive force, the difference of potential that would drive one ampere of current against one ohm resistance'
What's their wind name? Thunderbolt
Why that name? He flies so fast you hear a boom! Or so he claims. Also Pokemon reference.
What kind of personality do you want? High energy like his parents and impulsive like his dad! There will be times when he will fly headlong into something and crash. But he's so determined to the point of stubbornness that he'll get right back up.

What will they look for in a future mate? Two possibilities; someone who will keep up with his antics and challenge him to be better, or a quiet but curious type that will love hearing about his adventures and tending to him after a long day!

Why do Wind Tribers steal from the surface? They cannot grow food on their homeland so they steal to survive.
WHERE DO B'ALAM BABIES COME FROM? When a mommy and daddy love each other... they carve idols together and if the Weaver blesses them, some spring to life into sweet cuddly cubs!  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:05 pm
Take me under your wing!

Your SN || Kyrieko
What's this little one's name? Aheahe
Name Meaning? "Gentle Breeze"
What's their wind name? Painted Song
Why that name? His colors make him look as if he was dipped in paint and he loves to sing!
What kind of personality do you want? A bright hearted b'alam that loves to sing his heart out to the wind. The way it rushes through his feathers and gently teases his fur, he'll try and find ways to express his love of such feelings by singing like a canary for his fellow tribe members. He also enjoys annoying his siblings with said singing. They're just jealous he got mom's voice

What will they look for in a future mate? Most likely a lady of the Wind Tribe that could understand his songs about flying. Also someone that can put up with his singing....

Why do Wind Tribers steal from the surface? Apparently floating rocks can't grow foodstuffs very well... (or at all)
WHERE DO B'ALAM BABIES COME FROM? Well, a Tah happens to use the right pickup line and a Nan falls head over paws for him then they bond and excitedly carve little idols wishing for the breath of life and ask for the Weaver's blessing.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:33 pm
Testing the Air!

Your SN || viixena
What's this little one's name? Zyanya
Name Meaning? always; forever
What's their wind name? "Spirit Dancer"
Why that name? The markings remind me of ancient cave drawings, which makes me think of Mayans/Aztecs, which makes me think of spirits; the vibrant colors make me think of something lively, like a dance. I was aiming for a name that conveyed both her vibrancy and the sacred feel of the markings.
What kind of personality do you want? coy - loyal, like her father - optimistic, like her mother - pensive - compassionate

What will they look for in a future mate? Someone capable of deep thought, and creativity. Perhaps someone superstitious, or with an open mind.

Why do Wind Tribers steal from the surface? Their weaker physique leaves them vulnerable to attack, so many Wind Tribers fear the surface, and aren't comfortable lingering on the ground for long. Their homeland is also infertile, making it difficult to cater to crops or livestock, so they mainly just take what they need, when and where they can get it.
WHERE DO B'ALAM BABIES COME FROM? Grand Weaver  

viixena

ABVirus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:38 am
Take me under your wing!

Your SN || ABVirus
What's this little one's name? Ahio
Name Meaning? "whirlwind"
What's their wind name? "Sunny Daze"
Why that name? It reflects their constant optimism about, well, everything! (Also it mirrors another gypsy name I gave to my first Wind b'alam, so SRP/RP fun can happen later down the road there.)
What kind of personality do you want? Ahio is a combination of his parents. He has his mothers brightness, wanting to spread cheer and praise to all he looks upon! Like his father, however, he has absolutely no filters on his words and will say the first thing that comes to mind. Combine the two and he is an endless stream of compliments. Sure, it's endearing at first, but after a few hours (or great Weaver, weeks) it starts to get more than tedious. While Ahio may occasionally be confused to why b'alam see him coming and suddenly zoom off in the other direction, he never takes it to heart and will continue on to find someone else to delight.

What will they look for in a future mate? First off, he would want someone to love. His compliments aren't just empty words, he puts thought into what he says, it just exits his mouth at a rapid fire pace. Secondly, he would want someone who would love him to (for all his quirks) and someone who wouldn't fly off at the sight of him, but rather stick by his side indefinitely. In character, he doesn't much care about what they look like, so much as they are colorful (in the best way) on the inside. (OOC: I want ALL THE RAINBOWS. Or at least some of the rainbows?)

Why do Wind Tribers steal from the surface? Because they floating islands they live on aren't fertile lands and crops and be grown on them. Also, some Wind Tribers just really like stealing stuff.
WHERE DO B'ALAM BABIES COME FROM? FROM CARVED ROCKS. (Which is to say, carved idols, blessed by the Weaver and carved by a lifemated pair of b'alam.)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 am
Take me under your wing!

Your SN || Teigra
What's this little one's name? Boreas
Name Meaning? In Greek mythology, the North Wind
What's their wind name? "Maelstrom"
Why that name? Despite his best efforts, it seems that no matter where he goes, Boreas sweeps through with the chaos of a storm. It's not as if he does so on purpose; it's just so hard to contain all that energy and enthusiasm!
What kind of personality do you want? Eager and enthusiastic, he's gotten some of the restlessness from his father and also has a hard time holding still for extended amounts of time. But, he's super energetic and has a positive outlook on life like Mom. He's always excited to explore the world and see new wonders.

What will they look for in a future mate? Boreas will need someone who can keep up with his seemingly unending energy. He doesn't need someone to contain the storm; that would be stifling. He needs someone with an adventurous spirit who is ready to dive in and ride out the storm.

Why do Wind Tribers steal from the surface? Because it's really hard to grow anything to eat on floating rocks. Easier to just steal it from the land below.
WHERE DO B'ALAM BABIES COME FROM? A bonded Nan and Tah will carve stone idols in the hopes that the Grand Weaver will bless them with life.  

Teigra

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:31 am
Testing the Air!

Your SN || Dea and #Teddy#
What's this little one's name? Simza
Name Meaning? Joy
What's their wind name? Joyful Melody
Why that name? I see this little one loving to sing, like their mother. They will carry a happy tune wherever they go.
What kind of personality do you want? Simza will be full of energy, like their father, making it hard to pin them down. However, instead of sprouting whatever comes to them, they will be singing wherever they go. You will be lucky to get a straightforward answer from them, they will love to give you answers in musical ways. It will be hard to pin them down, so you better hope that you are as fast as they are.

What will they look for in a future mate? They will want someone who will add to their chorus, someone who will sing with them. They will also need someone who can keep up with their energy, so that they don't lose them in the shuffle. They will probably need someone who can take their musical answers and put it into common speech..for the sake of everyone's sanity.

Why do Wind Tribers steal from the surface? They have to steal from the surface because the land on their floating homeland is barren. Any grass that grows is hidden in cracks and crevices. To keep up with their metabolism, they have to eat regularly, so they have no choice but to steal from those down below.
Who is the Arch-Magus of the Wind Tribe? Shardor "Riddle Mouth"
WHERE DO B'ALAM BABIES COME FROM? A soul bound couple carves idols, in the hopes they will be made into real babies. If a couple finds favor, the Weaver breaths life into the idols they made.  
[ Events ] Grand Marketplace

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff