Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] I'm With You (Etsali + Tevini)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doutei

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
tryin' to figure out this life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:09 am
Dashing in past the closing doors, Tevini stumbled as she crashed into a handful of trolls in her hasty entrance. Her veins pounded with anxiety as she hid from the windows, dropping down to duck out of sight. Straining to hear a voice call after her, the redblood was grateful the doors prevented her from turning back to answer it. Wiping at her face, she apologized to those she'd run into and stayed seated on the floor, pitying herself.

The trolls dispersed, finding places to sit down and wait for the journey to conclude. As the train lurched along the tracks, it dawned on Tevini that she didn't know where she was going. Her ticket had been for Chittentown, sure, but she'd ran to the nearest train rather than the correct platform. Startled at this realization, she was horrified at the next one that followed.

She didn't have a plan.

Where was she going to stay once she got off the train? Cerpin was the one who carried all the beetles. Tevini didn't spend much time outside of Chittentown and the swamp so she wasn't very knowledgeable on cheap places to stay in the other cities. Scared and lost, Tevini pulled her knees to her chest to muffle the sound of her crying.

KitsuneAura
two months later lolllll i'm sorryyyyy

Doutei

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:04 pm
Etsali hadn't expected any kind of a ruckus on the train, but she had been watching trolls come and go while she waited for it to get on its way. It was a bit ridiculous, honestly, how often others put their treasures on display without even realizing it, and so she had gotten into the habit sweeps ago of keeping an eye out. She was near enough to the doors too, that she saw when there was a collision, though she didn't manage to get a clear view of who had caused it.

Trolls gradually began to disperse to find seats of their own, but there was still no new face among them. She considered that, but it wasn't until she heard the small, muffled sounds that she realized why it might be the case. They were still there, apparently, just out of sight and likely on the floor. It probably wasn't any of her business, but now she was curious and so up she went. As soon as she saw the troll, though, she paused uncertainly. She hadn't expected it to be anyone she knew.

"Hey there," she said finally, pulling on a smile and moving forward to crouch in front of Tevini. Sure, she had to think about how she interacted with people she knew while she was dressed as Faithe, but as far as she knew there was no harm in this. Why shouldn't Faithe know her too? "Looks like you're having a hard time again, huh? Want some company down here?"

Doutei

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:33 pm
"You want to join me?" Tevini looked up in confusion as a stranger approached her. She braced herself to get told off for being too noisy and then suddenly they were crouching beside her. Even smiling at her. Thrown off balance, she scooted to the side to allow them to sit, uncertain of if they wanted something or were just trying to be a nice person. Thankfully they didn't appear to be here to check her ticket.

"I'm sorry if I was noisy." Rubbing at her face, she tried to calm down now that there was another person with her. As always, her default was to apologize to others and then disappear. She wasn't used to dumping her problems in other trolls laps. She'd relied on Cerpin for emotional support, yes, but it'd taken lots of wearing her down on his part. Looking back on it, she felt a bit guilty. No wonder he disliked her, she was a major pain.

"Do you have any tissues?" It wasn't for her tears but rather the make up Serima had applied to her face. Not well versed in the art of make-up removal, Tevini figured it'd be enough to wipe most of it off. She didn't need to wear it anymore and it was running down her face anyway.

"... also... this might be a weird question but, um... where is this train headed?" Her second question was much quieter, mumbled nervously as to try and avoid other bystanders from overhearing it.

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:23 pm
"It's fine." Etsali nodded, plopping down into the space Tevini had given her without much hesitation. She stretched her legs out in front of her, took a moment to get sort of comfortable as the redblood rubbed at her face and started to calm down. Or at least to pull herself together enough to look like she was calming down, admittedly she wasn't really sure which it was likely to be. A quick rummage through her bag did turn up some tissues as it happened, so she held those out helpfully with one hand.

"New Hemisect." Her head tilted curiously as she watched Tevini dab at her face. She really was in some kind of a spot if she didn't even know where she was going. "Hey, you know," she started, but then paused for a length of time not so precisely calculated to really give it some weight. Her free hand lifted to tap just beneath an eye. "If you take a finger and do like this," she rubbed along the curve under her eye, the same way she'd always smeared on her own makeup, and let her smile widen into a more familiar grin.

"You'll have a pretty good look going, yeah?"

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:50 pm
"New Hemisect..." Tevini repeated and frowned in thought. She strained to remember who she knew in NHC. It was busy bustling city full of people, that meant it should raise her odds! It also meant she would have a hard time finding people. Accepting the tissues, she blinked as the stranger spoke up to catch her attention. They seemed in a playful mood, tilting their grin just so with a twinkle in their eye.

"But that just smears it everywhere-" The redblood protested before her eyes widened at some sort of realization and she gasped. But! The odds! How?! Shakily, she reached over to smear a little along the bottom of Etsali's eye to confirm if it looked the same. Her eyes looked at her with an almost childlike wonder. If it really was her, this would be the second time the orangeblood had saved her from a bad situation. A trickster who somehow managed to be around just when you needed them to come steal you away! It felt like a movie.

"Is it... really you?" She whispered as if afraid they'd be overheard. There was something magical about the moment too, though, the unexpectedness of it all. Just how many tricks was she hiding behind that mask?

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:55 pm
"The one and only," Etsali confirmed with a wink. There was something almost exhilarating about the wonder in the way Tevini was looking at her, then. Something almost like the way it had felt way back that night in the coliseum, 'thief' echoing all her around in the audience's cheers. One night everyone would look at her like that, at the greatest thief Alternia had ever known stealing into and out of their lives as she pleased, but for now it just made her feel a little more fond of the redblood for being one of the first.

"I'm going by Faithe these nights though." With that out of the way, she settled back again, deciding again where to even start with questions. Well, she guessed the biggest one was the best one. "So! What's going on with you tonight? Where's your sidekick?"

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:07 pm
"Faithe. Okay." Tevini repeated the name, memorizing it. She didn't want to blow Etsali's cover accidentally. She should probably be creating a fake name for herself as well. It'd be a nightmare to help Cerpin with his. The thought made her bite her lip. At Etsali's question, the redblood swallowed.

"Ah, h-he's... back at the station." Her sentences were slow and careful. Partly because she had trouble with sharing personal information, Tevini was a rather secretive troll. She didn't like telling others about her problems. She was in a situation where it was important though. She needed to ask Etsali for help, she couldn't make her way through NHC alone. And Etsali would demand to know what was going on. Not out of cruel intentions but because it was a weird situation. Her words were also slow because it was hard for her to talk about it at all. Tevini's voice wobbled slightly as she continued.

"We had a fight... and I don't know what to do." She explained. The rejection was still fresh. His words hadn't stopped stinging. She knew he was right but she didn't like it. It hurt.

"It's stupid really. But I can't go home right now. I can't look at him." Her eyes were still damp and her face flushed from shame.

"I thought he liked me. I... I was wrong." She tilted her head to let her curls fall down to hide her face, embarrassed at the tears threatening to fall once more.

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:08 pm
"Oh," Etsali said with a little sympathetic nod. There were still a lot of social interactions she wasn't quite so confident in handling, and really fighting with a friend, not just sparring or whatever, ranked right up there at the top of that list. But she did at least have a little bit of experience with it. It seemed like such a long time ago now, but she remembered another Bloodfest, when Zindel had been mad at her and she hadn't known what to do or whether she ought to even be near him while he was.

'Sorry and a milkshake' had been the gist of Voscil's advice that night, and while it hadn't been easy to talk about, she and Zin had made up before long. She opened her mouth to repeat what Vos had told her, pleased that she had the memory to draw on for help, at right about the moment Tevini finally mustered up the power to finish her explanation.

"Oh," she said again instead, deflating a little herself. She didn't have an experience to draw on that quite matched this after all. "That's...That's rough. I don't blame you for wanting to get away." She fished for something else to say about that, but honestly what could she that would help? "Do you have somewhere to go?"

Doutei
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:44 pm
"I'm so embarrassed. I told him I liked him and..." The redblood added, followed by a swallow. It'd just happened and so she wasn't quite done processing it. She knew she shouldn't be embarrassed, it was normal- many trolls got their hearts broken everyday. Her case wasn't anything too unusual. It stung just the same though.

"No. I... I jumped on the train without thinking. I just needed to get away." She answered. It felt foreign, not having a plan. It was scary. Looking at Etsali with nervous eyes, she wondered if the orangeblood would scold or commend her for this. Etsali seemed the nomadic type, really, always moving homes. It was pretty incredible. The thief had a confidence to her that she envied.

"I don't have many beetles either. Cerpin usually carries them." Tevini frowned as it went from bad to worse.

"I... I'll be homeless." It struck her and Tevini finished the thought with shocked eyes. With her desperate need to have a private comfortable place she could always retreat to, she never thought she'd end up this way!

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:42 pm
Etsali didn't seem likely to start in on scolding or commending her. It was clear she was listening as Tevini worked through the realization of her situation, but she seemed to be seriously considering something while she did so. No beetles, no plan, nowhere to go. She understood entirely how daunting that could be, had dealt with it herself when she'd first come out of the swamp and discovered her hive was being watched. She'd been afraid too, if she was being honest.

Keeper hadn't been. Angry that it would be difficult to get to her hoard, yes, but it hadn't fazed her a bit otherwise. All Etsali had had to do was fall in, the same way she had when she was a kid, until she got the hang of where to look for shelter come dawn. That was all Tevini needed, a bit of guidance until she had her feet under her, and Etsali had always wanted to be more like Keeper. So that settled that.

"It won't be so bad as all that." The thief pulled herself to her feet and then turned to look back down at Tevini. Smiling again, she held out a hand to help the redblood to her feet and lead her towards some empty seats. There was still a long way to go until they reached the city, and she didn't think it would do them any good spending it on the floor. "You'll be with me, after all."

Doutei

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff