Patricia C. Wrede Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hail to the dragon...
  ...king
  ...queen
  dragons?!? tsh! im rooting for the wizards!
View Results

moonjinx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:23 pm
This is similar to the Tamora Pierce thread. same basic principle, just talk about her works heart

I reaally enjoy her book. though the libraries here only have her enchanted forest books. dont get me wrong i have all 4 of them on my book shelf. but the series i want to read from her they dont have. i believe its called "Shadow Magic." its been ages since ive read that book since i've moved here and i've been searching for it all over. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:16 pm
I love the Enchanted Forest chronicles!
I also like Sorcery and Cecelia, or the Enchanted Chocolate Pot. There's also a sequel, but I haven't gotten to it yet.
I think I've heard of Shadow Magic, but I'm not sure. It sounds interesting. Especially since I like Wrede's works as a general rule.  

tecche

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:29 am
I think Sorcery and Cecilia and The Grand Tour are my two favorite books by Patricia C. Wrede. Simply because they're so funny. I liked her Enchanted Forest Chronicles, too, but not as much as those two. Maybe it's because it's more interesting, having two characters and two places to focus on at once. I've never heard of Shadow Magic. Now I must find out what that's about.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:15 am
I've heard of Sorcery and Cecelia nad the Chocolate pot ones, but i've never seen them. probably the same reason i cant find shadow magic. stare  

moonjinx

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:18 am
Try the bookstore? My school library actually had an early copy of The Grand Tour, somehow. It made me happy, because I didn't have to buy it. I should use the library more often, but I don't usually have the time.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:34 am
I adore Sorcery and Cecelia; I was disappointed in Grand Tour, though. It lacked the sense of fun & ligthness that the first book had.

Some of Wrede's earlier books can be hard to find--I had to comb second hand bookstores for qutie some time to get hold of them.  

Bookwyrme

Kaori Kajuji

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:49 pm
i've read her enchanted forest chronicals like 5 or 6 times and any time i've gone into my local book store i can't find any of her books could someone help me get a list of her titles or a link to get them so i can go and order them please because she is an amazing author  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:05 pm
http://www.sfbookcase.com/author.asp?forename=Patricia&surname=Wrede  

Bookwyrme

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:35 pm
Oh i simply adored the enchanted forest chronicles which a friend of mine got me into but i havent read any of her other books are they any good?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:30 am
Ladyknight1991
Oh i simply adored the enchanted forest chronicles which a friend of mine got me into but i havent read any of her other books are they any good?

All of her books are worth reading at least once. I love the enchanted forest ones, myself, and The Raven Ring is on my list of comfort books as is Sorcery and Cecelia. I have not read the Shadow Magic books in quite a while, but IIRC, they were good enough to read once, but not good enough to buy (I'm a cautious sort--even with authors I adore, I usually check the books out of the library first). Book of Enchantments is a fascinating collection: She's got some really light-hearted stuff in there as well as some that is quite unexpectedly heartbreaking.  

Bookwyrme

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:50 pm
Kaori Kajuji
i've read her enchanted forest chronicals like 5 or 6 times and any time i've gone into my local book store i can't find any of her books could someone help me get a list of her titles or a link to get them so i can go and order them please because she is an amazing author

www.fantasticfiction.com is a good place to find books written by just about any fantasy author.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:36 am
I loved The Enchanted Forest Chronicles!!! Sorcery and Cecilia was awesome too! ^__^  

Tarantellatears

bluemouse2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:21 pm
I loved The Enchanted Forest Chronicles and Sorcery and Cecilia! I haven't read the Shadow Magic ones. I didn't know she had written anything else. I also really liked The Book of Enchantments. It's a book of Wrede's short stories. The last one is my favorite.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:36 pm
I just went to my library's website and there's a third one in the Sorcery and Cecilia story. It's called the Mislaid Magician! I also found Raven's Ring, The Magician's Ward and Mairelon (I think that's how you spell it) the Magician. Are they the Shadow Magic books? I've never heard of any of them before.  

bluemouse2

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:41 pm
Mairelon the Magician sounds familiar. I think he may have been in one of the Enchanted Forest Chronicles, but I can't remember them well enough. It figures there'd be a third book in the Sorcery and Cecilia series. I liked The Grand Tour, it was pretty good, although the first was better.

O.O Patricia Wrede's website hasn't been updated since, like, 2004. And now I know that I was pronouncing her last name wrong, too. Good to know.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff