Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

toogay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:51 pm
User Image
Kim Van Wieren

hesitant bystander
Kim has always felt very detached from the world around them. Never quite fitting in, they've solemnly accepted their role as nothing more than a bystander in a world that seems to be just a little bit too fast-paced for someone so melancholy. Quiet, nonviolent, and very much conflict-avoidant; Kim skirts around the edge of every scene, doing their best not to be noticed. Though they are in a constant state of analysis and introspection, they have a very defeatist outlook that rarely allows them to act on any sort of impulse.

identity crisis
Following the very abrupt loss of their twin, Kim has been tossed quite viciously into a mindset that has them questioning their own existence and who exactly they are without their more outgoing and take-charge counterpart. They were incredibly dependent on their sibling, and struggle now to figure out how to continue forward without her guidance. In the past, they rarely had left the sanctity of their shared flat. Their sister, after all, had taken care of everything that needed taken care of. Without her, they're quite useless. unable to cook, navigate, and remember to take care of even the basic necessities. After a swift eviction, they've moved back in with their mothers... and they're at a complete loss as to what, exactly, they should do next.

power
just passin' through.
In crowds, fearful of unnecessary eye contact, Kim rarely looks up from the ground beneath them as they walk yet somehow they manage to never bump into anyone.

anything else?
Boy? Girl? Both? Neither? If there's an option for it, Kim always checks the box labeled prefer not to answer. They/them are the pronouns they typically use for themself, but in the end they're not too worried about gender politics or identity so long as they understand when they're being spoken to. Kim is non-binary, and that's the only label they'll use for whatever the hell it is that they are. They try their best to not think about it too hard and will often just respond with some sort of non-committal shrug if confronted about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:46 am
Doot ~ Doot ~ This all looks good! The only thing I would state is that you don't need that last sentence on your high concept (hence, hesitant bystander). You can take it out <3 ~

toogay

Gonna put in an official call for the shibroswol ~

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:30 pm
Hey sorry to be a bother but right now your lack of capitalization makes this pretty hard for me to parse. Could you correct this and quote me back in when it's ready? Thanks smile

toogay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:40 pm
ok
shibrogane

toogay

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:51 pm
Hey, Toog!

Just for future reference, one quote on a review will be fine. If you check my mod book in the info services forum, you'll see I have a schedule for when I handle specific things! Today, Friday, is actually one of my days off admin duties. In addition, when I'm not reviewing something straightaway, there's usually a reason. Multiquoting someone after they've acknowledged your first quote is really pushy and rather rude. A note for the future, that's all!

So, on to the review, since you're clearly eager and I don't like my notice box being blown up any more than you like waiting.

First, a note about your premade. While Cool Guy is very vague, and gives no real information other than hair color and skin color and general build, it's still a premade character concept, and as such when you post for growth art your artist will have final say over most of the details. You'll be able to state eye color, general hair style, etc, but Cool Guy isn't a custom and will be treated as such!

Okay, actual review time. This profile looks good, but I want to warn you that bystander-type characters, shy ones who don't reach out and get involved, tend to have a hard time getting into the main plot here at Ashdown. We, of course, do our best to make sure that there's adequate hooks to pull everyone in, but by choosing to play this kind of character you're setting yourself up for a challenge. If you're confident in your ability as a player to reach out and get them involved, I see no reason why you shouldn't play Kim just as written.

I want to reiterate that you've got a good profile here! I finished reading with a strong idea of who Kim was and where they were coming from, which is an excellent thing to happen in a profile and which I don't always get. I'd just like you to confirm you know what you're getting into before I toss an approval on it. :>

Thanks!

toogay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:11 pm
i am 100% confident in the way that i write them and i have already brainstormed a few ways to get them involved
i thought you wanted me to quote you once i had updated the capitalization im sorry for misunderstanding, i didnt meant to be a nuisance

thank you for liking kim, im looking forward to seeing their full art! heart
shibrogane

toogay

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:13 pm
Yes, I did, but you quoted me from the same post three times! Just once will do, I have a pretty good worklist/workflow going.

Then this is approved, and I'll get the full art to you once I'm back from work in a few hours. In the meantime, feel free to get started in the world!

toogay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:25 pm
thank you!  

toogay

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:23 pm